Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5153 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Asked the Experts, For archive purposes only. Please use Ask the Expert! for questions

post Oct 28 2009, 22:55
Post #1
Thanos008

Active Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 215 (Godslayer)

As stated in the Thread Title:

A]] Post your Stats, and/or any other information that you wish to share.

B]] Give a brief description of the problems that you may be having in pressing ahead, a brief description of any Character Class you might want to change to, or anything else that you have a question about.

C]] Wait patiently for one of the Hentai Verse Grandmasters to give you advice. Usually it doesn't take too much time.

If any or all of them choose to respond to you, hopefully -hopefully -they will tell you which Stats to leave alone for now, which Stats they think have been neglected by you, or even which Stats they think you should start investing EXP into to reach a long-term goal that you seek.

Hopefully, they might also explain to you why they want you to put into certain Stats and not others, and perhaps even suggest changes to your Weapon/Armor Loadout to consider.

Obviously, just as they may or may not reply to your request for guidance, so too are you not obligated to do as they say; there might even be cases where two or more of them might disagree with one another and you could choose one person's opinion over another's.

Example:
======

My Stats Page:

Attached Image

My Question for the HV Grandmasters:

I really, really want my Heavy Tank to survive for longer in Grindfest on levels like Normal and Above (I can barely do 10 Levels before I have to resort to Potions/Draughts, and I rarely get to Level 20, on Normal Difficulty GF).
I don't think that I'll ever change to something like Mage, but I may look at something like HV's version of Rogue (all or mostly all Light Armor) in the distant future.

What do I need to do in your opinion to make this Tank a better one??

======

Mod Notes by Sayo:

It's been suggested that I should include instructions somewhere on how to create screen shots of HV pages, and at least one person has contacted me asking how to do it, so here we go. Although Thanos recommends using the ScreenGrab plugin, you don't really need it (and if you know how to use it, you probably don't need to read this). Simply follow these steps:
  1. Select the appropriate HV page.
  2. In case you use a recent OS, there's the chance an integrated screen capture tool is present as well. In this case, select the window to capture and go directly at point 6
  3. In case you don't have or don't want to use an integrated too, press Alt+Print Screen. This saves an image of the current window to the clipboard.
  4. Start up some image editing program. You don't need Photoshop or anything fancy - even MS Paint will do (it should be on the Start menu under Accessories).
  5. Paste as new image. In Paint, select Paste from the Edit menu, or just press Ctrl+V. Other programs will have similar options. If needed, you can take the chance to evidentiate certain things, circling important stats, hide your credit balance...
  6. Save. Where it says "Save as type", select JPEG.
  7. Repeat as needed.
  8. You can upload the files to an image host such as Photobucket, or if that's too complicated for you, just attach them to your post.

This post has been edited by Scremaz: Jul 29 2017, 00:56
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2009, 23:04
Post #2
grumpymal

I hate everything >:C
Level 362 (Godslayer)

If the HentaiVerse seems to be broken, it's probably a site-wide problem, in that case everyone would be affected by it, and it's probably already been reported by someone, so don't panic and post everywhere that the site is offline, please. Look for the most recent posts in this subforum and, if there's nothing here, try to check the Techical Issues page. You might also want to check for the most recent updates from the admin on the [twitter.com] Twitter page. If you still can't find anything about your issue, then you're welcome reporting the problem by posting on the forums.

If you're looking for information, these links can help you:
  • The EHWiki. The HentaiVerse category contains a large amount of information, not just about the game itself, but also about related topics such as character stats, equipment and so on. This should definitely be the first place you check before going anywhere else.
    Before asking any question, please read the Advice and the FAQ pages - they contain a lot of useful information, especially for novices.

• Ask the Experts! thread (this thread). If you already read the wiki, and you still have questions about something, this is the right place to ask for more accurate information. Keep in mind that if your question is already answered by some ehwiki page, you'll be almost certainly redirected to that resource. Be also aware that no one, no matter how high his level is, necessarily knows the absolute best way to play HentaiVerse, so don't take everything for granted.
    Note: you can see here how to get the links of equipments you want to post.
Some other topics that you may find useful:
  • The Official My Little Ponyverse Chat. Here you can say hello to other players and talk about whatever comes to your mind about Hentaiverse: just chatting about funny stuff, odd facts, suspects or strange curiosities of yours, or also making your own HV theories, and a lot of other interesting things. Remember - only information related to HentaiVerse should go here - no random spam or free talk.

• Script Thread. In this thread you can find information about different scripts for the HentaiVerse, you can ask questions about them and also report eventual bugs. From this thread you can also download the named above scripts. If you don't know what scripts are or how to install them, or if you have some sort of problem with making scripts work, you can check the Scripts Guide

• Price Check - post here about Magnificent and Legendary equipment you got, and ask if they're good enough for sale or auction, and their eventual market value. Usually within few hours you'll be told from one of the experts if your equipments are worth selling or auctioning, or if it's better off salvaging them.

• Equipment Guide - if you have questions about your equipment and you would like to know how to compare different equipments, or what you should look for next, here you can find a lot of useful information.

• FreeSHop and other free shops - if you are a novice, check this "shop", here you can find a lot of good equipment for free. If you don't qualify to ask something, there are many other shops who offer free services (restoratives, equips or other items). Every shop has its rules, so READ THE RULES before posting anything.

• EHWiki Thread - post here about any mistakes you have found in The EHWiki.
Is your English bad? Try to see if The HentaiVerse wiki is available in other languages.

Credits: f4tal, Sayo Aisaka. NB: this post is taken from a longer topic

This post has been edited by Scremaz: Jul 29 2017, 01:01
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2009, 23:11
Post #3
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Level 370 (Godslayer)

And your ability tree.

Also, your HV font sucks.

Also, raw tank can't really survive normal grindfest; up to 9 monsters attacking per turn, when you're wearing all heavy armor, means you're likely to actually be attacked twice in one turn by some monsters, meaning more than 9 attacks per turn. Add in the massive damage that spells like horrible rape and jiggle can do, and you're fucked. You're agility is too low, which factors into what I just said. You're slow because of your raw stats and you're wearing heavy armor. You're going to attack once per every 1-2 round of monster attacks. It's just not viable. Post a pic of your equipment page, and then remind yourself that every point of burden above... 25? reduces your action speed by 1.
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2009, 23:16
Post #4
Thanos008

Active Poster
Level 215 (Godslayer)

Before you Masters completely chew my head off for my choice of Equipment, please keep in mind that each piece has the very best Numerical Stats I could find/buy.

Ability Tree:

Attached Image

Equipment:

Attached Image

Okay, proceed to chew me 'ead off. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/duck.gif)

+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2009, 23:19
Post #5
marcho

蹂躙の爪牙
Level 339 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cmal @ Oct 28 2009, 16:04) *

Might be helpful to know what you're wearing, as well.

QUOTE(DemonEyesBob @ Oct 28 2009, 16:11) *

And your ability tree.

This. It is gonna be pretty hard to give you any advice without knowing what you have to work with. See if you can't get the full stats on the weapons, and not necessarily the ones you're using, any with good procs that you own. Also let us see your avoidance and interference/burden.

From your ap tree I can tell you you're going to want to spec into weaken in the not to distant future.

This post has been edited by marcho: Oct 28 2009, 23:22
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2009, 23:39
Post #6
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

If you're going to Tank Normal, you should try to find a nice Shield if you can't get a good Parry stat (which I can't see from your cap). You might also want to put a higher damage (accuracy is nice, too, if you can find it) weapon in your mainhand since that'll be your bread and butter for actually killing things. The Shield Spell, with decent proficiency, can also take the edge off those earlier rounds so you can get through more rounds with more of your HP intact. But if you ARE going to go that route (and if you DO invest in Weaken), you're going to need more WIS for the MP and Interference reduction. If you do manage to get a good DW pair, drop more into AGI like Bob said. Tanks are really SOL when mobs get larger than, say, 4-5 monsters with the multiplicative mit. I'm actually currently in the middle of rearranging my stat distro to have more AGI to give me an AS and Evade boost.
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 00:10
Post #7
uth

Active Poster
Level 265 (Godslayer)

ya your agi is way too low, and why do you have 134k unassigned exp in the first place...also how do you not have shield(the spell) if you are a tank....

I'm not sure what you other weapon choices are but if your gonna dualwield dual daggers isn't the way to go in full plate, you might be better off with a shield if you have a 20%+ one or bleed axe main/PA off, or bleed axe main/stat wep off.
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 00:21
Post #8
marcho

蹂躙の爪牙
Level 339 (Godslayer)

Unless you found an epic bleed dagger, you're really going to want to switch out your mainhand like uth and cmal suggested. You're reading to much into acc. a 10 acc mainhand and a 40 acc offhand vs 2 40 acc weapons is only an effective difference of 90% hit vs 96%, or 6% (an extra 1 out of every 17 hits lands).
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 01:43
Post #9
hitokiri84

Legendary Poster
Level 496 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(uth @ Oct 28 2009, 17:10) *
your agi is way too low

Low agility and high burden means you're going to get hit twice per turn per enemy fairly frequently, which will kill your runs as the number and difficulty of the mobs increase. Consider increasing your agility closer to your dexterity level.
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 01:53
Post #10
(Cheater) Hunter the 3rd

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 90 (Hero)

QUOTE(hitokiri84 @ Oct 29 2009, 01:43) *

Low agility and high burden means you're going to get hit twice per turn per enemy fairly frequently, which will kill your runs as the number and difficulty of the mobs increase. Consider increasing your agility closer to your dexterity level.

Here's a question. I think you've been using heavy armour. Is heavy armour better because of the higher proficiency, title, and wis/int interference/burden reduction at high levels? How much exp do you put into agility to offset your reduced action speed? I'm considering switching right now because heavy armour's too slow for me.
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 02:07
Post #11
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Level 370 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Hunter the 3rd @ Oct 28 2009, 19:53) *

Here's a question. I think you've been using heavy armour. Is heavy armour better because of the higher proficiency, title, and wis/int interference/burden reduction at high levels? How much exp do you put into agility to offset your reduced action speed? I'm considering switching right now because heavy armour's too slow for me.

I think the best setup at the moment is a mix of heavy and cloth or all three. 5 Pieces of heavy is simply too much. It used to be ok for cakefest, and to some extent it probably still is now, but not for the arenas. High interference will reduce your magic proficiencies, and that will hurt cure/regen/shield, and as we've said before the speed decrease means you're being blasted more than once per monster per turn fairly often.

Right now I'm using 2 pieces of heavy and 3 cloth. I'm not sure this is as viable at lower levels (for one I'm using an ethereal rapier, so no burden/interference on the main hand), because I found low level cloth to be fairly useless, but my cloth prof is only 10 below my heavy and climbing, so both of those types get a fair boost. I do think lower level players are kinda fucked in this regard. Maybe other people have had better results with light armor, but I still find 99.99% of it worthless except as possible elemental mitigations for later, and cloth at low levels has almost no damage reduction and little evade to make up for it.

Also, Hito's probably not the best person to go by, as his equipment is probably all exquisite and magnificent (if not ethereal and phase) which means it has relatively low burden/interference for its type.

This post has been edited by DemonEyesBob: Oct 29 2009, 02:08
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 02:17
Post #12
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

I've been training up DW the last few days (raised it about 70 points) with my Bleeding Balance shortie and a Nimble dagger (don't have any decent Rapiers) while wearing all Plate. I'm getting about the same accuracy and average damage output, but I'm taking a little more damage without the defenses from my Shield. Offhand also procs only 15% of the time when it should be at 25%, according to BBE and the Stats page, respectively.
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 02:24
Post #13
hitokiri84

Legendary Poster
Level 496 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(DemonEyesBob @ Oct 28 2009, 19:07) *
Also, Hito's probably not the best person to go by, as his equipment is probably all exquisite and magnificent (if not ethereal and phase) which means it has relatively low burden/interference for its type.

That, and I also have over 210 heavy proficiency and a -10% interference bonus from the Godslayer rank, which puts my interference with all plate armor at 40. To answer the question, you'll want to stay away from all heavy until you're a significantly higher level. Instead, you should use a mix of cloth and light with one heavy to help increase your proficiency. As your proficiency increases and you gain higher quality equipment, you can gradually increase the number of heavy pieces you have on. Also, I didn't do it, but you may want to consider treating chainmail as a class that exists between light and plate armor to help ease the transition since chainmail stats generally fall between the two.
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 03:39
Post #14
dap00

Build A B.E.A.R. (Barely Efficient Arson Retardant) Pal!
Level 254 (Godslayer)

(I apologize in advance if you guys weren't done with Thanos...)

I've been using sword and board for a while now, and I'd like to switch over to (or at least have a better base in) offensive magic. So I rearranged some ability points and did a dry run in the first few Arenas (stopped after beating Test of Faith) today. I don't think I did TOO bad (I didn't lose, anyway), but I ran into two main problems: armor and resistance.

I started with full cloth and slowly began adding light armor with low interference, but the damage is still greater than what I expected. Am I armoring the wrong parts, or is it more a matter of proficiency?

The monsters seem to resist spells more in the Arena. Is there anything that can help get around that?

I should probably point out that I use a different staff for Arena and cakefest: Superior Sapphire-tipped Willow Staff (level 149) for Arena, since it more or less gives better bonuses in magic damage, magic accuracy, and elemental prof.; and Average Bronze-tipped Ebony Staff of Mjolnir (level 10) for cakefest (18% Ether Theft chance for 1 turn). I switch because there's not a whole lot of time to hit stuff individually in the Arena.

Of course, any other mistakes/oversights you noticed, feel free to point them out. (I have 7 item slots, if that matters)
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 04:00
Post #15
marcho

蹂躙の爪牙
Level 339 (Godslayer)

I'd go cloth and heavy rather than cloth and light. You can go up to 25 interference without much trouble. You're going to want weaken. Also, light armor, other than kevlar, is the suck. Aside from raw armorness, the stat boosts from heavy is much, much better than light.

You're going to want a solid theft staff for arenas if you continue down that path, or you will run out of mana.
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 04:02
Post #16
Panuru

il principe del regno della pasta
Level 429 (Godslayer)

Resist is the magic equivalent of dodging, so improve your magic hit to work around it. If a spell misses, you lose mana and the baddies get a swipe at you, so I've focused on hit chance over other stats.

edit: marcho is right about ether theft. It's not really a factor in hourlies, but it's a big deal for endurance battles. Taking out the dangerous ones with spells, then beating on the weak ones until you get the mana back works for smaller groups (maybe 5 or less).

This post has been edited by Panuru: Oct 29 2009, 04:05
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 04:08
Post #17
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Level 370 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(marcho @ Oct 28 2009, 22:00) *

I'd go cloth and heavy rather than cloth and light. You can go up to 25 interference without much trouble. You're going to want weaken. Also, light armor, other than kevlar, is the suck. Aside from raw armorness, the stat boosts from heavy is much, much better than light.

You're going to want a solid theft staff for arenas if you continue down that path, or you will run out of mana.

I love when people beat to me responses as I'm typing them lol.

QUOTE(dap00 @ Oct 28 2009, 21:39) *

I started with full cloth and slowly began adding light armor with low interference, but the damage is still greater than what I expected. Am I armoring the wrong parts, or is it more a matter of proficiency?

It's a matter of light armor sucking balls unless it's exquisite dragonhide or kevlar. I'd promote a mix using one to two pieces of heavy, preferably chain mail since it's not as burden and interference heavy, and for the rest silk cloth.

The monsters seem to resist spells more in the Arena. Is there anything that can help get around that?

Not really at the moment. Your magic accuracy sucks. You have no "best" stat. You've gone the way of 'equality for all stats' and it doesn't do well most of the time. Admittedly it doesn't matter too much right now because it takes 25INT or 40WIS to increase your magic accuracy by 1%, so besides getting a staff "of focus" you're screwed (just keep the equal stats thing in mind as you level). Also, your staff proficiency is way below 1/2 your level, so your stats are actually being reduced. Bring that up. It won't create huge gains anytime soon because you're simply too low a level, but at least it will stop hurting you. Your current magic hit chance (with that staff) is effectively 85%.

Get rid of the divine/holy offensive spells. No regular mobs are seriously weak against holy except maybe the ghost, and you won't notice a difference between using fire and holy magic against it anyway. The only reason for you to get those right now would be for the holy ratings, which would slightly increase your cure power, but it's simply not worth the ability points right now.

Fill up the AOE's for the other elements. Each point put into an AOE increases the power and decreases the mana cost of both the AOE and the relevant single target spell. Do it. Mana is everything for a mage.

Get a good ether theft staff, or you will run out of mana in the higher arenas. There's no way around that.

This post has been edited by DemonEyesBob: Oct 29 2009, 04:12
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 04:19
Post #18
Panuru

il principe del regno della pasta
Level 429 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(DemonEyesBob @ Oct 28 2009, 21:08) *

Get rid of the divine/holy offensive spells. No regular mobs are seriously weak against holy except maybe the ghost, and you won't notice a difference between using fire and holy magic against it anyway. The only reason for you to get those right now would be for the holy ratings, which would slightly increase your cure power, but it's simply not worth the ability points right now.

I think the one AP for the single-target Holy is fine, but you're right that it's mostly to build up the proficiency. Breached defense is nice and all, but it's not a spell worth using on anything other than a ghost.

If you're going to be redistributing ability points, take everything out of inferno and put it in meteor. As Bob pointed out, this reduces the cost of flare. With maxed meteor and nothing in inferno, flare costs me 12 mp and fireball costs me 11. For what it's worth, that's my overall strategy; when a second-tier elemental shows up, bail out of the first-tier to max it out. If you like that idea, you might want to strip out all of your AoE slots to use fewer resets. Fire is the most common weakness, so it works well as your only AoE spell.

edit: My opinion, mileage may vary, yada yada.

This post has been edited by Panuru: Oct 29 2009, 04:26
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 04:27
Post #19
Thanos008

Active Poster
Level 215 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(marcho @ Oct 28 2009, 15:21) *
Unless you found an epic bleed dagger, you're really going to want to switch out your mainhand like uth and cmal suggested. You're reading to much into acc. a 10 acc mainhand and a 40 acc offhand vs 2 40 acc weapons is only an effective difference of 90% hit vs 96%, or 6% (an extra 1 out of every 17 hits lands).
I'm not equipped with the 2 Daggers for the Accuracy thing, I was using them both because they add up to a 30+ % Parry (I recently found/bought one that has a 13.7% Parry all by itself).

Part of an ongoing experiment (and of course, you couldn't see that from the picture).

BTW.......it effectively does a better job than my Sword and Board ever did. No wonder Hito adopted 2H Dagger as a strategy!!

QUOTE(uth @ Oct 28 2009, 15:10) *
ya your agi is way too low, and why do you have 134k unassigned exp in the first place...also how do you not have shield(the spell) if you are a tank....

I'm not sure what you other weapon choices are but if your gonna dualwield dual daggers isn't the way to go in full plate, you might be better off with a shield if you have a 20%+ one or bleed axe main/PA off, or bleed axe main/stat wep off.
Regarding all the extra EXP, I've been saving it up for the better part of the last 3 days or so, in anticipation of creating this Thread and taking the veterans' advice.

Also, over time I found Shield to be a rather useless Spell for a Heavy Tank; it only takes off a "mere" 10 Points of DMG from the monsters, which in the long run I found to be just about useless.

And finally, as I've stated elsewhere, I have better defensive Stats from my 2 Daggers (30% Parry) than I ever did from my Sword and Board (18.5% Block).

QUOTE(hitokiri84 @ Oct 28 2009, 16:43) *

I will almost certainly dump that crapload of extra EXP into AGI based on you guys' recommendations....but surprisingly enough, I don't run into Double Hits from the Enemy nearly as much as I was led to believe.

QUOTE(DemonEyesBob @ Oct 28 2009, 17:07) *

.....Right now I'm using 2 pieces of heavy and 3 cloth. I'm not sure this is as viable at lower levels (for one I'm using an ethereal rapier, so no burden/interference on the main hand), because I found low level cloth to be fairly useless, but my cloth prof is only 10 below my heavy and climbing, so both of those types get a fair boost. I do think lower level players are kinda fucked in this regard. Maybe other people have had better results with light armor, but I still find 99.99% of it worthless except as possible elemental mitigations for later, and cloth at low levels has almost no damage reduction and little evade to make up for it.
Some of you might not believe this, but just for fun about a week or so back, I actually went through three go-throughs as an experiment: once with a piece of Cloth, once with a piece of Light Armor....and once naked.

I SAW ALMOST NO REPEAT NO DIFFERENCE IN DAMAGE TAKEN BETWEEN THE THREE.

Now that's pretty damned frustrating. Nevertheless, I'll probably strap on some Cloth per your advice (I have at least one Prism and maybe even one Phase).

QUOTE(hitokiri84 @ Oct 28 2009, 17:24) *

That, and I also have over 210 heavy proficiency and a -10% interference bonus from the Godslayer rank, which puts my interference with all plate armor at 40. To answer the question, you'll want to stay away from all heavy until you're a significantly higher level. Instead, you should use a mix of cloth and light with one heavy to help increase your proficiency. As your proficiency increases and you gain higher quality equipment, you can gradually increase the number of heavy pieces you have on. Also, I didn't do it, but you may want to consider treating chainmail as a class that exists between light and plate armor to help ease the transition since chainmail stats generally fall between the two.
I had completely forgotten about Chainmail in my long-term quest for the ultimate Plate setup.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

This post has been edited by Thanos008: Oct 29 2009, 04:34
+Quote Post

post Oct 29 2009, 04:36
Post #20
marcho

蹂躙の爪牙
Level 339 (Godslayer)

I'm not equipped with the 2 Daggers for the Accuracy thing, I was using them both because they add up to a 30+ % Parry (I recently found/bought one that has a 13.7% Parry all by itself).

Part of an ongoing experiment (and of course, you couldn't see that from the picture).

The majority of your parry comes from your offhand with the 1.5x multiplier. Killing things faster means you take less damage from them, there's a point at which damage done actually saves you more damage taken than some extra parry.

BTW.......it effectively does a better job than my Sword and Board ever did. No wonder Hito adopted 2H Dagger as a strategy!!

One of my biggest problems with 1h-s is you can get pretty much the same defensive bonuses using dual at much higher damage output. D: However, less I missed something, hito doesn't use daggers. ?
+Quote Post

5153 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 18:00