Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Editors wanted, Centralized place to announce editing bounties

post Nov 11 2011, 20:12
Post #1
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 365 (Godslayer)

Till Ten creates an easier way to search for editing bounties, or gives us an editing subforum, I think we can use one thread to announce them and make life easier for editors looking to see what's out there.

Thread rules: post and comment on editing bounties here, but once a bounty is taken, cross it out so it's clear what's for taking and what's taken.

Non-bounty editing requests can be posted as well, but try not too abuse that too much. By that I mean you can post requests for help with editing here, of for few pages to be edited as a favor, but if you want an entire dojin/chapter/whatsnot edited, post a bounty. That includes established groups wanting to find an editor here: you are welcome to do so, but use our system. That said, the "I'll translate something if you edit something" bartering is fine as well, as it has taken place on our forums in the past.

I may update the above rules if something comes up.

I currently have the following editing bounties waiting for an editor:

in all cases, please make sure to see following posts for proofreading comments

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Jan 1 2013, 16:03
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Nov 11 2011, 22:03
Post #2
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Group: Members
Level 199 (Lord)

Well, to start off, i'm looking for somone (with more experience) who could someone give me a small hand with leveling/curving. I'm doing my edit for this and I wanna adjust it to make the grainy dark bubbles more black since i'm gonna fill them in (and don't feel like using the clone tool). Normally, i'd just alter the leveling but with this I wanna try to preserve (or enhance) it as best as best as possible, and since I don'tnormally use curving it's probably best to leave it to an expert.

You don't need to do the whole thing either, I just need the saved L/C settings for photoshop.

Another minor job: i'm looking for a co-editor or anyone with PS/GIMP(I guess) skills for help with that touhou doujin in my sig. I'm mainly looking for help with the cleaning, and i'm ok with splitting the work. Once a set price has been established i'll make a proper bounty (or pay with more direct means).

This post has been edited by Super Shanko: Nov 12 2011, 12:10
+Quote Post

post Nov 13 2011, 05:50
Post #3
lightshader

Retired doujin editor
Level 328 (Godslayer)

I know that I'm taking leave from EHCOVE and editing, but I'd like to look for someone with Photoshop that can just typeset all of my finished translation bounties. That way I can focus on what I do the best - cleaning, redrawing, editing, everything else.

All you'd have to do is just put text in their respective bubbles - no erasing, redrawing, or cleaning. I'll take care of everything else.

This way when I get back, I can speed up on clearing of my editing backlog.

EDIT: Of course, I'll pay you for the work. My bad, forgot to mention in the initial post.

This post has been edited by lightshader: Nov 13 2011, 07:27
+Quote Post

post Nov 13 2011, 07:02
Post #4
xavier-

Newcomer
Level 219 (Destined)

Hey there,

Apologies about delaying a bit in finishing my little explanation on curves and balancing tones, I got side-tackled by a family emergency in the middle of my little tutorial creation. I will have a lot more free time tomorrow to polish it up completely, hopefully it might save you some time and bounties.

~Xav
+Quote Post

post Nov 13 2011, 07:34
Post #5
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Level 199 (Lord)

@Light: If I can make a serious dent in my current tasks throughout this week, i'll work on anything you have left.

This post has been edited by Super Shanko: Nov 13 2011, 07:35
+Quote Post

post Nov 16 2011, 18:58
Post #6
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

I have a new editing bounty, see top post.

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Nov 16 2011, 18:58
+Quote Post

post Nov 17 2011, 03:55
Post #7
Galdric

Newcomer
Level 140 (Ascended)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Nov 11 2011, 18:12) *

3. Gallery: (C63) [Mengerekun (Karakuribee, Yuri Tohru, ZOL)] Potemayo vol. 1 (Meitantei Conan) Bounty: to be posted soon, script is in the proofreading stage. This bounty has a dedicated thread here

Red, I'd be happy to do the editing for this one, so hurry up and post it on the bounties page. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Galdric: Nov 17 2011, 03:58
+Quote Post

post Nov 17 2011, 05:37
Post #8
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Galdric @ Nov 16 2011, 20:55) *

Red, I'd be happy to do the editing for this one, so hurry up and post it on the bounties page. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Cool, I've just finished the proofreading, and here's the bounty: https://e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=4844
+Quote Post

post Nov 17 2011, 06:00
Post #9
grumpymal

I hate everything >:C
Level 362 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Galdric @ Nov 16 2011, 20:55) *

I'm going to run through the script to proof it a second time, so please hold off on inserting it until then.
+Quote Post

post Nov 20 2011, 08:06
Post #10
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

A short Darker than Black script has been proofread by me. See my opening post for links (editing job #4)
+Quote Post

post Jan 4 2012, 18:23
Post #11
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

Job 5 is up, this is a bit different - it pays better than my usual editing requests, for starters (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) This time I am asking only for cleaning, as the text is not yet available. Long story short, potential translator is asking for a demonstration that we can improve this crappy scan into something nice.

Gallery to clean: https://e-hentai.org/g/313502/e62eacdcac/

It was done in the past, for chapters 1-3:

Cleaned: https://e-hentai.org/g/369340/6ac24655c3/
Org: https://e-hentai.org/g/313493/6f72f7e4a9/ / https://e-hentai.org/g/313494/b733a4808c/ / https://e-hentai.org/g/313495/1b7c06f61b/

Presumably, after this bounty is completed, it will be translated and a separate editing bounty for inputting the text will be posted.

Please post there and PM if you want to edit it, and make the archive downloadable for me when you are done. For this particular job, you can upload the cleaned version to the galleries as a private gallery, I don't particularly care.

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Jan 4 2012, 18:24
+Quote Post

post Jan 4 2012, 20:59
Post #12
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Level 199 (Lord)

I'll give it a try.
+Quote Post

post Jan 4 2012, 23:15
Post #13
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Super Shanko @ Jan 4 2012, 13:59) *

I'll give it a try.

Cool (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Jan 5 2012, 04:46
Post #14
Thanatos Zero

Casual Poster
Level 94 (Lord)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Jan 5 2012, 01:23) *

potential translator is asking for a demonstration

Why do I feel kind of irritating >.<" It's like he tests us >.<"
Yeah! Super Shanko took the job, SHOW HIM!
+Quote Post

post Jan 5 2012, 05:17
Post #15
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Level 199 (Lord)

QUOTE(Thanatos Zero @ Jan 4 2012, 20:46) *

Yeah! Super Shanko took the job, SHOW HIM!

Finished it a few hours ago. I kinda copied what the first people did (i'm guessing) so I think it's alright (better than it was anyway).
+Quote Post

post Jan 5 2012, 23:49
Post #16
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Thanatos Zero @ Jan 4 2012, 21:46) *

Yeah, annoying, but at the same time if it works out it will be translated outside the bounty system, so I guess they are allowed to make some requests.

At least I hope it will be translated. If not, I'll have to put a regular bounty, particularly so we don't waste Super Shanko's effort.

If anybody is interested in my discussion with the translator (team?), it is [japanzai.com] here.
+Quote Post

post Jan 6 2012, 03:09
Post #17
Thanatos Zero

Casual Poster
Level 94 (Lord)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Jan 6 2012, 06:49) *

Yeah, annoying, but at the same time if it works out it will be translated outside the bounty system, so I guess they are allowed to make some requests.

At least I hope it will be translated. If not, I'll have to put a regular bounty, particularly so we don't waste Super Shanko's effort.

If anybody is interested in my discussion with the translator (team?), it is [japanzai.com] here.

It was japanzai!? Their members are like this make me quite disappointing.
If it's that Trần Linh, he won't do it. Already had full of projects.
And if it's possible, he always tries to avoid H-stuffs. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by Thanatos Zero: Jan 6 2012, 03:10
+Quote Post

post Jan 6 2012, 06:44
Post #18
PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore

Veteran Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Jan 5 2012, 15:49) *

It was Ibitsu? Lemme take a look at that... I like Okada Kazuto, and I knew about Ibitsu, but I'd never looked at it yet. And wow, xscansx certainly did a nice job editing the first chapter (their ch 2 edit I like less). But then, I don't actually have a problem with the raw ch 1, or with Super Shanko's "cleaned" ch 4 (the raw of which is worse than ch 1's is). But the translation ranges from bad to okay, so that's kind of an up side to them not picking it back up?

...Okay, I've only read the first 4 chapters right now, but, if no one else, I know I'd be up for it.

By the way, are you actually interested in all of Ibitsu, or just the one chapter Super Shanko's worked on?
+Quote Post

post Jan 6 2012, 14:27
Post #19
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

All right, so it seems they don't want to pick it up after all. I'd like to see this translated (the rest of the series, if possible - I don't like to do things half way), and it seems Super Shanko can do a good job making the scans less terrible. I am going to start a new long term project for it. Glad to hear Peeps you are interested in the series, if you'd feel like putting Chapter 4 in the script form, SS has already released a v2 of the edit ([www.mediafire.com] here).

Dedicated thread to this new project is here.

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Jan 6 2012, 14:29
+Quote Post

post Jan 7 2012, 03:20
Post #20
lightshader

Retired doujin editor
Level 328 (Godslayer)

Forgot that there was centralized post for editing bounties, so I'm listing mine here.

Short disclaimers:
I expect good editing and redrawing quality. Any shoddy work will be denied. If there are some pages that you're having real difficulty in editing/redrawing, let me know and I may do something about them for you. Do NOT post finished works to the gallery, I will post them there myself.
And for those who have not done any of my editing bounties in past, please send me 2-3 pages of your editing work so I can check them for quality any potential problems. This will help save ourselves time fixing mistakes. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Oh yes... If the works are larger than 2000 pixels high, then please resize to 2000 pixels high. Otherwise preserve the dimensions.
Note: To help clear up any misunderstandings when I mention "editing", I mean typesetting (removing Japanese and putting in English translation), redrawing, and any such image-editing work.

If you're new to editing in general and don't have much experience, I can help you out with some assistance and guides.

Editing Credit - Sometimes I feel that rewards I've gotten were generous for the amount of work I did, or had favors done for me, so I'm providing them a credit for free editing job of their choice (provided that they aren't anything extreme). I might've forgotten someone else, so if I did remind me and I'll make sure you're on the list.
Cyberdemon

Difficulty level, based on my judgement
easy- just typesetting (best for those new to editing) - and/or amount of dialogue to edit is lighter than usual
average- redrawing, fixing background (including removing text overlapping background), in addition to above work - and/or amount of dialogue to edit is on par with typical doujin
advanced- cropping, levelling, straightening, in addition to above work - and/or amount of dialogue to edit is larger than usual

lightshader's Current Editing Bounties:

[Tonarinoyama (Yokoyama Kouji)] Unending Sanctuary (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS), advanced (due to number of redrawing required) editing bounty Note: Script is already incorporated into PSD files with raws, so looking for a Photoshop editor.

lightshader's Past Editing Bounties:

[Oremuha X] Super Hayate Beam (Nanoha StrikerS), average editing bounty. Note: edited by MacKnight.
[Ren-Ai Mangaka (Naruse Hirofumi)] ANIMAL STYLE (Code Geass), editing bounty advanced.
[Okano Ahiru] Hanasake! Otome Private Tutoring School vol 2 editing bounty, average. UPDATE Complete, pending final revisions.
[Nekorinchi] Akeno-chi to Sakana Ippatsu (Seto no Hanayome) editing bounty, easy. Note: edited by Maddaa
[ELHEART'S (Ibuki Pon)] ANOTHER FRONTIER 02 Mofa shaonuririkarurindisan #03 (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha) editing bounty, advanced. Note: edited by wandering_soul09
[Ankoku Bousougumi] Please Captain Yagami! (nanoha), average editing bounty Note: edited by T15.
[IzumuNizm (Noshi)] yh - a tail of hayate. (Magicial Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers)- edited by sheep_
[Ryu-Seki-Do (Nagare Hyougo)] IS Lovers Striker .1 (Infinite Stratos) editing bounty, average. - edited by BN22
[airyu-chou (Akari Ryuryuu)] Conayuki (Kanon) editing bounty, average
[Aspergillus (Okara)] LEVEL 0 (Toaru Majutsu no Index) editing bounty, average - edited by iisaygiton
[Kyougetsutei] Citron Ribbon 27 (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) editing bounty, average - edited by amped
[Dream Halls!] Koi no Hana Saku (Darker than Black II) editing bounty, average - edited by Tae2
[Mono x Chro] Himo-pan to Meido-san de (Hayate no Gotoku!) editing bounty, average - edited by jantch
[Ishigami Kazui (RED CROWN)] Tsundere san to Wotaku chan - editing bounty, average - currently edited by
[ANGYADOW] feeling happy (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) editing bounty, easy - edited by amped
[TYPE-57 (Frunbell)] TYPE-12 (Darker than Black II) - editing bounty, easy - edited by nanasgor
[ANCHOR (mutou mato)] Do You Like a Lovey-Dovey Girlfriend? (Mashiro iro Symphony) - editing bounty, advanced - edited by tigra.
[TYPE-57 (Frunbell)] TYPE-19 (Kamisama Dolls) editing bounty, easy - edited by amped
[Simfrill (Kurusumin)] Mission Nie (Guilty Crown) - editing bounty - edited by mrttao
[Deriya (Deriken)] KURATA (Kanon) - editing bounty - edited by deadFreak
[Ishigami Kazui (RED CROWN)] Tosho Iinchou no Shitsumon - editing bounty - edited by Yuuki17
[Hanasakigumi (Hanasaki)] Sakuya no 3 (Sister Princess) - editing bounty - note: This file has the original script, and the proofreading comments at end of the script, so make sure to incorporate those comments. - edited by Yuuki17
[P-Forest] Mousou Desho Desho (Mikuru version) - editing bounty - edited by Harzle
[Maruta Do-jo (MARUTA)] Hoshino Shoujo wa,Yarashii Shoujo (Martian Successor Nadesico) - editing bounty - Edited by MizuhoChan
[TIES (Takei Ooki)] Nadeko Silent (Bakemonogatari) - edited by Harzle
[KZZ FORCE] Zubbaan (Mahou Sensei Negima) -> editing bounty - edited by ReverieM
[B.BRS.] Pink Potion (Final Fantasy Tactics) - editing bounty - edited by (Cheater) Tiap
[ANGYADOW (Shikei)] Nate Ijiri (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon) editing bounty - edited by (Cheater) Tiap
[izumunizm] Cross Over Eight - editing bounty - Edited by Harzle
[ANGYADOW (Shikei)] Ester Ijiri (Sora no Kiseki) - editing bounty - Edited by Thanatos Zero
[P-Forest] Mousou Desho Desho (Haruhi version) - editing bounty - Edited by Thanatos Zero
[BREEZE (Ban Hisatoyo)] apricot agate - editing bounty Edited by Super Shanko
[Annin*Tooca] Boku ga Sono te de (FFT) - typesetting bounty - Typeset by Thanatos Zero
[Marked-two] Lovely Reimu (Touhou Project) - Edited by Super Shanko
[Annin x Tooca] Hakanai Mono - Typeset by Thanatos Zero.

This post has been edited by lightshader: Aug 11 2013, 03:30
+Quote Post

43 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 23:37