Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTS/WTB Posting Guidelines, updated March 2021

post Aug 24 2012, 19:29
Post #1
Noni

Hataraku Noni-sama
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Some guidelines to make things easier for Hentaiverse shoppers.

Note:
Just to make it absolutely clear, these aren't "rules", and they're not compulsory. You won't be banned for disregarding them, but it could make you quite unpopular with the rest of the community. It's your choice. Also, the moderators reserve the right to delete or modify any posts or threads whose contents appear to be serving no useful purpose. Not following these guidelines can at a moderator's discretion be penalized if overdone. Please do not use the report system for these infractions, unless they appear to be very severe.

Feel free to contact (preferably in this order) Nezu or Noni (Section Mods), Mrsuperhappy or Shank (Global Mods), or Tenboro (Admin) if you think there's something unjustified in this guideline.

1. General guidelines
  • Everyone is allowed to start their own WTS/WTB threads, even if there's only one or two things to sell/purchase.
  • Constant bumping of topics is not allowed. A "bump" is defined as just posting a message with the word "bump" or with the sole intention of moving a topic to the top of the forum while not contributing anything to it. As a guideline, not as a rule: Limit bumps to at most once a day. Topics bumped too much may be closed or deleted at a moderator's discretion. (Excessive use of 'restocking' or 'adding equips' or 'thanks' will also also be considered as bumping.)
    • September 2018 annotation: we're in a worldwide site, so "day" has to be read in that perspective. Timezones and such may make a user like posting multiple times per day even if that's not the case.
  • If you want your thread to be deleted, just change the title to 'DELETE' and remove the topic description. Use the 'report' button only for pruning unwanted posts such as update bumps, old auction bids and spam from confused buyers.
  • You should have at most 1 WTS shop thread, 1 WTS auction thread, and 1 WTB thread active at any moment.
  • Mystery items are not allowed, except as gift.
2. Label your Shop/Items

You're encouraged to use the following labels
  • [Shop], [Auction], [Free] or [Service] in your WTS thread's title. It's recommended to label which type of items you're selling either in the topic title or in the description. ([equips], [Consumables], [Crystals], [Crystal Packs])
  • [WTT] or [WTB] in your WTB thread's title.
  • [Closed] if you want to close the thread but don't want the thread to be deleted. (You don't need [open] label)
  • [Delete] or [Del] if you want your thread to be deleted
  • Item codes in your thread. Buyers are encouraged to use item codes instead of the full equipment name. It helps everyone in searching through the WTS.
You're recommended to remove the equipment's link after the transaction is finished, though it's not compulsory to do so. If you want to keep the link for whatever the reason is, please use strikethrough to make it clear that they're no longer available.

3. Auction Rules

The following descriptions should be present in the auction rules
  • Auction finish time. Recommended to provide both the finish time and the Auction Countdown Timer.
  • Item codes.
  • How bids can be placed. (Also if proxy bids are available)
  • Starting bid and increment bid.
  • Paying method (Credits, Haths, items, service) (You may also add the maximum payment period)
  • Bid withdrawal/edits (Please be noted that there's no way to force a bid through potential buyers.)
  • Extension Time/Method.
  • Contact method
Example code
CODE
[list]
[*] When making bids please use the full item code. For example, Item [OH-01] - 5000 C. This makes it easier for me to update and find relevant bids and makes it less likely I'll miss your bid somehow.
[*] Bids must be posted here. (If you have a problem with this or cannot be present at the end time, PM me. Preferably at least 24 hours in advance or as early as possible.)
[*]All items have a starting bid of 1k.
[*]Bids must be in increments of:
- 1,000 C when current bid is under 50,000 C
- 5,000 C when current bid is at least 50,000 C but under 100,000 C
- +10% when current bid is at least 100,000 C
[*] Bids must be in credits only, however I will accept both Hath, valued at 14500 C, as payment. Again, please make your bids in credits only. Payments should be made 24 hours after the auction has ended.
[*] Bids cannot be withdrawn or edited without my consent. Please avoid editing your posts. If you need to make a correction, make it in a new post.
[*] Any bid made within the last 15 minutes of an auction extends the auction close time for that item by 15 minutes and any bids thereafter will extend the end time by 15 minutes, until all but the highest bidder have conceded, or until I feel a sufficient amount of time has passed with no bids (undisclosed, so be prompt.)
[*] If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
[/list]

4. Thread deletions

If you wish for your thread to be deleted, simply change its title to [Delete] and it will be pruned as soon as possible.

5. Potential Blacklisting/Bans

Players may be blacklisted/banned if they
  • Collaborate with other players to make artificial bids in an auction.
  • Don't promptly finish a deal within the agreed period.
Finally, if you have any ideas to enhance the guideline, don't hesitate to post your comments. Thank you for reading.

This post has been edited by Agoraphobia: Oct 8 2023, 05:47
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Aug 24 2012, 19:29
Post #2
Noni

Hataraku Noni-sama
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

General Ban blacklist

donendino For potential non-payment. https://forums.e-hentai.org/index.php?showtopic=105663

mlfans
Tears Tunes
Talga Vassternich
deviation
Hyper Weapon King
mpmpmpmpmp
Chibiwing
sekaiichibannobaka
Xyreth
ほろ苦い夜明け
ya15607896ya
krosik
f_riz
kuro009
Arkoniusx (see this thread)

This post has been edited by Nezu: Mar 9 2021, 11:48
+Quote Post

post Aug 24 2012, 21:25
Post #3
海想列車

可愛くてごめん
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 466 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(varst @ Aug 24 2012, 10:29) *
Item codes in your thread. Buyers are encouraged to use item codes instead of the full equipment name. It helps everyone in searching through the WTS.

The point of this is to make searching efficient, so would it be acceptable to simply number my merchandise? Something like—
15. Superior Phase Pants of Niflheim 20,000 Credits

Rather than—
PH8. Superior Phase Pants of Niflheim 20,000 Credits
+Quote Post

post Aug 24 2012, 21:37
Post #4
watisthis

Active Poster
Group: Members
Level 335 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(aurabolt @ Aug 24 2012, 15:25) *

The point of this is to make searching efficient, so would it be acceptable to simply number my merchandise? Something like—

Rather than—

Numbering them could produce unwanted search results

For example, searching for 15 will get posts containing people that made bids that containing 15 instead of posts of people that made bids for that specific item.
+Quote Post

post Aug 24 2012, 21:45
Post #5
海想列車

可愛くてごめん
Level 466 (Godslayer)

You're overlooking the period after 15.

By the way, this is about shops. Not auctions.

This post has been edited by aurabolt: Aug 24 2012, 21:50
+Quote Post

post Aug 24 2012, 21:59
Post #6
Rah

Hentai Saisyu Heiki
Level 261 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(aurabolt @ Aug 24 2012, 14:45) *

You're overlooking the period after 15.

By the way, this is about shops. Not auctions.

As you said the whole point of using a code is to be efficient.
Numbers with some sort of character at the end or start are essentially the same thing.
As long as it's easy to search and doesn't pull up unrelated results when it is searched for.

It all comes down to personal preference and time available vs merchandise available.
+Quote Post

post Aug 24 2012, 22:01
Post #7
varst

Peerless perverted long-hair-con of the Hentaiverse
Level 478 (Godslayer)

Well there's a practical reason: you need at least 3 character to make the string searchable.

But yeah, it should be fine to use simple numbers. Though as watisthis said, it may interfere with people searching in your shop. (Though I'm not sure why they need to do so)

The item code's main intention is to make searching result among threads a bit more relevant, by eliminating those unrelated 'xxx credits sent' posts

This post has been edited by varst: Aug 24 2012, 22:05
+Quote Post

post Aug 24 2012, 22:23
Post #8
海想列車

可愛くてごめん
Level 466 (Godslayer)

Okay, that answers what I was trying to ask. I shouldn't have forgotten to specify that my question's regarding just shops.

QUOTE(varst @ Aug 24 2012, 13:01) *
(Though I'm not sure why they need to do so)

—unless someone's able to answer that. I'll be glad to fix my shop if so.
+Quote Post

post Aug 25 2012, 11:32
Post #9
Colman

Where is the loli?
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(varst @ Aug 25 2012, 01:29) *
[*]Constant bumping of topics is not allowed. A "bump" is defined as just posting a message with the word "bump" or with the sole intention of moving a topic to the top of the forum while not contributing anything to it. Bumped topics may be closed or deleted at a moderator's discretion.

How about a bump after a large update/reprice/reopen of the shop?

This post has been edited by Colman: Aug 25 2012, 11:33
+Quote Post

post Aug 25 2012, 15:18
Post #10
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Colman @ Aug 25 2012, 17:32) *

How about a bump after a large update/reprice/reopen of the shop?

That should be legit unless someone's stupid enough to 'bump' a thread with several repricing daily, since those posts do have a practical purpose.

This post has been edited by varst: Aug 25 2012, 15:19
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2012, 08:34
Post #11
register1997

Active Poster
Level 416 (Godslayer)

suggest future sellers not split their shop into few posts, for the sake of everyone including themselves
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2012, 20:55
Post #12
Kenzaki Kazuma

Roaming Undead
Level 349 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(varst @ Aug 25 2012, 20:18) *

That should be legit unless someone's stupid enough to 'bump' a thread with several repricing daily, since those posts do have a practical purpose.

What about auctions?
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2012, 21:17
Post #13
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

excessive bumping is bad in almost all regards. the silent rule i go by is roughly once a day. (this is from my experience with the trade forums i used to use)

being bumped to second page is not a valid excuse

price adjustment is not a valid excuse - they don't have to be announced
if you plan on doing a price adjustment, you time your daily bump to go WITH it. not hard and not getting in others' way.

excessive "updates" are basically bumps. you don't need to put a new item in the shop every 15 minutes and let everyone know about it. this is exactly why i update my thread constantly but i only bump periodically. it's also why i support others that do similarly to me. it's manners.
tl;dr it's the bumps that're bad in the end

conversations are basically bumps. if you're going to start chatting with a guy 1:1. use the pm's. they're not constructive to the thread and they're basically just a buttload of unnecessary bumps getting in the way of dealing. chat can be found in top right under live chat or in the HV chat thread.

random criticisms are basically spam. i've seen cases where players say useless things/negative things that borders on nosiness/lack of better things to do. if it's not good, don't say it - or tell the recipient(s) privately in a respectful manner.
examples:
lol price so high <- entirety of post
negative
unconstructive
bad Public Relations for the poster
nosy
unnecessary (seriously, if it's a high priced item, the thread will just fade away on its own)

"you could have gotten more for that"
negative
nosy
bad Public Relations for the poster (suggesting he doesn't know what the hell price he's using - PUBLICLY)
unnecessary (seriously, no benefit to the poster for saying things like that - why bother? absolutely nosy. tell him through PM if you really wanna say that)

"snipers are gay"
negative
unconstructive
doesn't realize how auctions work (their rules are specifically *designed* to encourage sniping - don't blame the player, blame the system)
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2012, 21:23
Post #14
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

ps the main trade forum i used to use actually implemented a script that auto closed threads that were bumped too frequently by the thread owner. was absolutely beautiful.

edit: and item codes are very useful for keeping things clean for the searchers but what ruins it is when the buyers are lazy and just copy/paste the entire line. will be found in the quick searches anyway. i rarely find the search engine useful in the WTS

This post has been edited by Slobber: Aug 26 2012, 21:28
+Quote Post

post Aug 30 2012, 21:24
Post #15
Talga Vassternich

=3
Level 330 (Godslayer)

Equipment Shop Number 1
Material Number 1
Material Number 2
Equipment Shop Number 2
Consumable Number 1
Equipment Shop Number 3
Material Number 3
Consumable + Material Shop

He has made 13 shops in 2 weeks. We need a limit.

Also this.
I only do that once a day.
Would you prefer I created a new thread every day and request the old one deleted? - Anonymous

+Quote Post

post Aug 31 2012, 13:23
Post #16
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

Going to edit some of the guidelines if nobody's against that.

1. Every player should have 1 shop and 1 auction at maximum. If anyone want to open a new shop, change the old ones to [deleted]. This will help people identifying which shops/auctions are still open. I will send PMs explaining this idea to those with multiple shops/acutions still open.

2. Use [In construction] if you just open a shop and need time to finish the furnishing. Others should avoid posting till the owner says so to avoid further complication/arguments.

@Talga Vassternich

I've sent him a PM explaining the benefits of consolidating his threads.

@Kenzaki Kazuma

The same 'bump' rule is applied. If those auctioned items are good, there should be adequate bids. So there's no reason to bump more than usual.

@Slobber

People can simply mess it up by bumping others' threads. As long as people aren't doing something really stupid, just give them some freedom. I'm not here to regulate every movement of players, and I'll try PMing first if something stupid happens.

A reminder though:
I hope everyone here can just respect others like how they want to be respected. If you don't want everyone to bump their threads once a day, then don't do that yourself. The same applies to other guidelines.

This post has been edited by varst: Aug 31 2012, 13:46
+Quote Post

post Aug 31 2012, 15:54
Post #17
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

If it's others bumping the threads for them, then it's kind of up to the mods/members using the report button. Would be nice to put those dusty buttons to good use.

What I listed were the concepts used in the forum I once frequented. Not telling you what to do, but giving you more accurate definitions. What's important is when you see things I listed, you realize they're bumps and not their "masked useful posts". As for the actual "police work", I never imagined you would be following through with any of this. I was more intent on making the public aware of things they should be noticing.

Once a day? Try many times a day. Once a day should be perfectly fine.
+Quote Post

post Sep 10 2012, 04:47
Post #18
manakabuzp

Newcomer
Level 365 (Dovahkiin)

how can i use item code? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)
+Quote Post

post Sep 10 2012, 07:51
Post #19
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(manakabuzp @ Sep 10 2012, 10:47) *

how can i use item code? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

Use the HV Item Manager. That's a useful program which can sort your equips and give them additional data (including item code).

This post has been edited by Scremaz: Feb 20 2017, 20:11
+Quote Post

post Jan 4 2013, 09:29
Post #20
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

Added this line

'(Excessive use of 'restocking' or 'adding equips' will also also be considered as bumping.)'

as there's a potential loophole here.

It's fine if you do that once per day, but please don't overdo that.

This post has been edited by varst: Jan 4 2013, 09:30
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 23:20