9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> E-Hentai Update Log 2019

post Mar 20 2019, 11:40
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

2019-08-22

- The "cost" for downloading the original image for a page with the "download original" link when the image limit reset function is used has been adjusted to match the cost of including it in an archive. This is because people were using scripts to download full galleries with this link instead of using the archivers, which causes a lot more strain on the servers.

2019-08-06

- We have switched in a new primary web cluster for parts of the site. This was a planned upgrade, but should alleviate the high number of 503s during peak load seen the last few days. Note that this was somewhat of a rushed implementation due to that fact, so let me know if you spot any weirdness.

2019-05-27

- Thumbnails are now loaded in a different way when managing galleries, which should prevent any issues where they weren't loading.

2019-04-13

- Untaggable tags that aren't slaved to a taggable master are no longer suggested in the tag watching interface.

2019-04-04

- Fixed the "next page" arrow in favorite list views.

- A software update had some seemingly undocumented changes to default timeout values which may have caused uploads to fail excessively. These should now be set to saner values. Let me know if you still experience errors with this.

2019-04-03

New UI revision update:

- Added a "Minimal+" display mode that includes flagged tags.

- Redesigned the way preview thumbnails work in Compact and Minimal display mode. Rating, posted date, category and page count are now displayed below the thumbnail, similar to the new Thumbnail mode. (The way it was done previously would hide some information; moving the popup elsewhere as some have suggested would just hide some other information, like parts of the title.)

- If a requested page from a search result has no unfiltered gallery matches within the allowed range span, it will now indicate this specifically instead of giving the generic "No hits found" error message.

- Having a keyword match too many tags no longer fails the search entirely, but rather skips tag searching for that keyword.

- Switched from a custom onclick handler to HTML5-supported nesting of divs inside anchor tags for list views. This should fix various interaction issues.

- Flagged tags and favorite notes in thumbnail mode was moved to between the thumbnail and information pane, and the latter should now actually always be fixed at the bottom. Let me know if this is better or worse.

- Added a "Viewport Override" setting to My Settings that allows you to override whatever scaling your mobile device happens to apply to the site. Setting it to a low value (like 740) makes elements as large as possible. Setting it to a high value (like 1400) gives you the max number of columns per row in thumbnail mode at 100% scaling. (While the site will provide the override header regardless of what you browse the site with, only mobile browsers will use it.)

- Corrected some lingering pagination issues where an extra (empty) page might be added when filtering was involved.

- Fixed weird flexbox behavior when selecting favorite galleries in thumbnail mode.

- Fixed broken layout in Compact/Minimal modes with narrow screens when ads are enabled.

- Fixed an issue where spaces in usernames were replaced with + in some contexts.

- Fixed some vertical alignment issues in list and compact mode, especially when favorite notes were involved.

- Added two data attributes "data-new" and "data-expunged" on the gallery list table rows/divs for custom styling purposes.

- Various minor layout tweaks and fixes.

2019-03-23

- Rating is now a hybrid search to avoid few results per page when searching 5+ ratings.

- Added an additional check to prevent stale gallery list caching issues.

2019-03-21

- Gallery tagging actions will now flush the gallery's listing cache, which should make tags show up and become available for filtering immediately.

- Removed a CSS rule that prevented certain touch actions (including hold to open in new tab) on Webkit (iOS/iPhone/iPad).

2019-03-20

- Added a thumbnail scaling option under My Settings. This can be used to scale thumbnails on the Thumbnail and Extended gallery views between 75% and 150%.

- Toned down some of the category button colors on dark backgrounds.

- Gallery info now lines up per row in thumbnail mode.

- Minor CSS layout tweaks.

- Fixed an issue that prevented new users from creating BCH addresses since yesterday's update.

- Switched over to cashaddr for BCH. If you have an old wallet that does not support it yet, you can use [cashaddr.bitcoincash.org] this tool to convert the new wallet address to the old format. Old addresses will still be credited.

- Fixed a broken accessibility rule.

Thanks to hzqr and various anons for some of the CSS improvements.

2019-03-19

- Large feature/UI update. Full patch notes here.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Mar 20 2019, 16:30
Post #2
BluMeino

Slut Belldandy is Canon
Group: Members
Level 427 (Godslayer)

75% looks so much better and proportional to the layout, thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Mar 23 2019, 18:45
Post #3
0101jsf

Lurker
Group: Lurkers

hmmm good
+Quote Post

post Mar 23 2019, 19:24
Post #4
Honeycat

Extra Hissy
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Godslayer)

The text sizing issue with the row of text at the top of the main site and gallery isn't fixed and it's driving me crazy. The HentaiVerse button is still dropped off below everything and pops up and down in and out of view if I move my cursor over it.
+Quote Post

post Mar 24 2019, 08:13
Post #5
tredur

Lurker
Level 45 (Artisan)

hi
Can you bring back the "new" icone for the newest upload?
thank for the update it look better
+Quote Post

post Mar 24 2019, 20:13
Post #6
Mayriad

SUPER ★ BUSY ★ TIME
Group: Global Mods
Level 126 (Lord)

QUOTE(Honeycat @ Mar 23 2019, 19:24) *
The text sizing issue with the row of text at the top of the main site and gallery isn't fixed and it's driving me crazy. The HentaiVerse button is still dropped off below everything and pops up and down in and out of view if I move my cursor over it.

I have not seen anyone else reporting this and I do not have this problem either. Are you using any scripts that add new buttons to this toolbar or change its style? It sounds like the max-width is not enough.

I do not really know CSS but this will probably fix it:
CODE
document.getElementById('nb').style.maxWidth = "2000px";  // Need to be greater than the default 1100px.
document.getElementById('nb').style.justifyContent = "center";

This post has been edited by rraven314: Mar 24 2019, 20:16
+Quote Post

post Mar 24 2019, 21:11
Post #7
Honeycat

Extra Hissy
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(rraven314 @ Mar 24 2019, 08:13) *

I have not seen anyone else reporting this and I do not have this problem either. Are you using any scripts that add new buttons to this toolbar or change its style? It sounds like the max-width is not enough.

I do not really know CSS but this will probably fix it:
CODE
document.getElementById('nb').style.maxWidth = "2000px";  // Need to be greater than the default 1100px.
document.getElementById('nb').style.justifyContent = "center";

I never had any problem with it before. It could be my monitor, it's a superior square shape. It's widescreen but the length is also long so I can see more stuff. This is the model:

(IMG:[i.imgur.com] https://i.imgur.com/pgyzLe5.jpg)

But your code did the trick, the row of text is fixed and it all fits across the top. Thanks. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
+Quote Post

post Mar 25 2019, 00:46
Post #8
alinoris

Casual Poster
Level 455 (Godslayer)

Is it possible (please ^^) to restore the "independency" for e-hentai and exh, in terms of the not visited yet (formerly tagged as NEW) galleries?
When I visit e-h for monster random encounters, it's like I'm visiting exh too, so the bold text isn't helping any more to know what I actually visited or not on exh (that didn't happen before).
Thank you ^^

This post has been edited by alinoris: Mar 25 2019, 00:56
+Quote Post

post Mar 25 2019, 00:48
Post #9
Maximum_Joe

Legendary Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Recently visited galleries are controlled by your "lv" cookie.
+Quote Post

post Mar 27 2019, 04:09
Post #10
alinoris

Casual Poster
Level 455 (Godslayer)

Thanks for the reply, MJ, but even if I have deleted all my e-h related cookies, there is still the "dependency" (that there wasn't before the site changes) between e-h and exh: every time I visit e-h (for random monster encounters), it's like I have visited exh too, because the bold text on exh changes accordingly.
At least, that's what happens for me ^^

This post has been edited by alinoris: Mar 29 2019, 18:34
+Quote Post

post Mar 28 2019, 16:39
Post #11
izu94

Lurker

Hi guys im new here and i have a question. on the front page, how do you follow or watch a certain artist ? because i'm not seeing any option other than favorite.
+Quote Post

post Mar 28 2019, 16:41
Post #12
Maximum_Joe

Legendary Poster
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(izu94 @ Mar 28 2019, 10:39) *

how do you follow or watch a certain artist ?

https://ehwiki.org/wiki/My_Tags
+Quote Post

post Mar 31 2019, 03:23
Post #13
TDream

Casual Poster
Level 55 (Expert)

QUOTE(tredur @ Mar 24 2019, 08:13) *

hi
Can you bring back the "new" icone for the newest upload?
thank for the update it look better

This!

Seriously, why is it gone?
+Quote Post

post Mar 31 2019, 03:38
Post #14
Hevn

Newcomer
Group: Recruits
Level 80 (Hero)

why some categories are mixed now? (an example: when I look at body swaps, I see genres that shouldn't be there.)
+Quote Post

post Apr 3 2019, 14:02
Post #15
uareader

Critter
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Mar 20 2019, 11:40) *
- Having a keyword match too many tags no longer fails the search entirely, but rather skips tag searching for that keyword.
Does that mean that if I try to look for "mind control", "mindbreak", and galleries having "mind" in the title, by just typing "mind", I will just get a list of galleries mostly unrelated to what I'm looking for? (that's what it looked like when I tried just now, lots of galleries I had no idea why there were there)

- Flagged tags and favorite notes in thumbnail mode was moved to between the thumbnail and information pane, and the latter should now actually always be fixed at the bottom. Let me know if this is better or worse.
It doesn't make a huge difference for me, but it may be worst:
-from a logical point of view, before we had common info for galleries, then user-specific misc info (tags/favorites notes), now we've got a weird sandwich.May be bothering when looking at screenshots from another user too.
-I don't have that many flagged tags, but does it really work well with a huge amount of tags?

- Added two data attributes "data-new" and "data-expunged" on the gallery list table rows/divs for custom styling purposes.
I wish the same had been done for favorites.
The posted date still has no class at all, but having a favorite class added to the main row/div for current gallery would still be even better to allow to add favorite marker in more places.

One unrelated thing: would it be possible to make the gallery category buttons on a gallery in Favorites not change in hover, because it give the feeling you could interact with them.
Of course, it would be even better if it was instead possible to interact with them, that being one way to filter favorites by gallery category.

Ps: my tests were mostly based on Thumbnails mode.
+Quote Post

post Apr 3 2019, 14:05
Post #16
G-haroeka

Lurker

dat sounds gud
+Quote Post

post Apr 3 2019, 15:23
Post #17
Kushana

Newcomer
Level 294 (Godslayer)

Could you please bring back the favourites icon in the gallery lists? I also miss the newest icon that showed me which galleries have been added since my last visit.
+Quote Post

post Apr 3 2019, 21:05
Post #18
Primeminitr

Newcomer
Level 18 (Novice)

I cant access my settings and i cant find my favorites. Can someone help me.
+Quote Post

post Apr 3 2019, 21:38
Post #19
uareader

Critter
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Primeminitr @ Apr 3 2019, 21:05) *
I cant access my settings and i cant find my favorites. Can someone help me.
Settings (they are in "My Home")
Favorites (the link should always be at the top?)

This post has been edited by uareader: Apr 3 2019, 21:38
+Quote Post

post Apr 3 2019, 21:53
Post #20
Primeminitr

Newcomer
Level 18 (Novice)

QUOTE(uareader @ Apr 3 2019, 14:38) *

Settings (they are in "My Home")
Favorites (the link should always be at the top?)

That was always the case but since the new display i cant find it.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 08:06