Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Red's 47th Individual Bounty] (C74) [2Stroke (YTS Takana)] 2Stroke TY (Spice and Wolf) -> [English], Reward: 50,000 Credits + 50 Hath

post May 31 2013, 09:54
Post #1
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 365 (Godslayer)

Because: I have no idea how this hasn't been translated yet. Time to correct this oversight.

View Full Bounty

Translate the listed dojin into English. This is a translation-only bounty, a separate bounty will be posted for editing job after the translation bounty is completed.<br /><br />In addition to the carriers listed, you can also just post the translation in the forums or PM me with it.<br /><br />Dojin: https://e-hentai.org/g/187401/c9658376a4/ (RAW)<br /><br />If you accept the bounty, accept it here, PM me and post in the relevant forum thread (which has more details on the bounty): <br /><br />Once you've done so, the bounty will be reserved for you, however, if the translation is not completed within 2 weeks, it will be considered stalled/dropped and other translators will be allowed to work on it.<br /><br />In addition to the carriers listed, you should post the translation in the forums.

Related Image:
(IMG:https://repo.e-hentai.org/bounty/9d/9db5d0f95523f5a5eb404b9fe785fb0497f3a1ee-724058.jpg-thumb.jpg)

Translate the linked gallery into English. This is a translation-only bounty, a separate bounty will be posted for editing job after the translation bounty is completed.

This translation includes credit pages. Broken Engrish craplation will not be accepted.

This is my (lost track around ~100) individual (no project) translation bounty. This release will likely be under an [EHCOVE] group tag. You (the translator) will be credited for your work on a credit page unless you want to be anonymous.

Gallery link: https://e-hentai.org/g/187401/c9658376a4/

If you accept the bounty, accept it here, PM me and post here. Once you've done so, the bounty will be reserved for you, however, if the translation is not completed within 2-3 weeks and you are unresponsive, it will be considered stalled/dropped and other translators will be allowed to work on it.

Also:
* Due to potential misunderstandings about how to split the bounty between translators and editors that resulted in my recent bounties costing me 50%-100% more than listed price, I am now splitting the bounty between translating and editing. The first bounty that goes up in the system is for translating only. Once I have the translation, I'll post the editing bounty;
* broken Engrish craplation will not be accepted;
* yes, please translate (or at least summarize) any existing author's rants, credits, titles of content, and so on, if present;
* yes, please translate into English non-moan SFXes (examples: bounce, giggle, jinngle, creak);
* if you do the translating, you should accept the bounty, PM me and post here. Once you've done so, the bounty will be reserved for you, however, if the translation is not completed within 2 weeks, it will be considered stalled/dropped and other translators will be allowed to work on it;
* if you do the editing: please note I would like to upload the gallery to e-h system myself; I am not expecting much profit, but as a fellow bounty poster said it, it's all about prestige. What I pay out with the bounty is usually worth more then the gallery will make in the year. If you end up posting the translated doujin to the e-h galleries, I'll probably halve the bounty (if you did the translation and editing), or refuse to pay (if you did the editing only; note that the translator will still get fully paid by me);
* crappy editing will not be accepted;
* please include credits with the translator name (unless they requested here to be anonymous), yourself as an editor (if you want), and my nickname (and those of others who contributed to this bounty significantly) as the sponsor, as well as the name of any other major sponsors for the translation and editing (check bounties). Also, note this is an [EHCOVE] release, add a link to the name of our site (E-hentai) as the host, and invite readers to use our bounty system or join us as editors/translators. Sample credit pages: link;link, link and (now that's cool!) link;
* those bounties are for the hard work (translation and editing). If you just found the gallery somewhere and just uploaded it here, you are not eligible for my bounties, but I will still give you a reward - 5+5 (apply for it here);
* if you find a hq version of the J raw, whether it has or hasn't been translated, I'll reward you for it with a 2+2 reward (apply for it here (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) );
* if you are new to the bounties/this forum, check helpful links/guides here

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: May 31 2013, 10:01
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2013, 11:53
Post #2
barmar

Casual Poster
Level 347 (Godslayer)

I have sent you pm and accepted the bounty on the page as tranlation
I sent you little bit more details on pm
+Quote Post

post Dec 16 2013, 17:44
Post #3
barmar

Casual Poster
Level 347 (Godslayer)

I am starting this bounty as my previous work is done
+Quote Post

post Dec 21 2013, 03:45
Post #4
barmar

Casual Poster
Level 347 (Godslayer)

6) Give it inside me. -> just rephrase it, it's unclear what is meant here
It was just direct translation, that she wanted Lawrence to cum inside her
Cum inside me

10) I used your sperm to get it back to before. -> not very clear, maybe "I used your sperm to return it to how it was before."
or maybe "I used your sperm to transform myself to how it was before"

sorry again for your inconvenience.
+Quote Post

post Dec 21 2013, 13:19
Post #5
barmar

Casual Poster
Level 347 (Godslayer)

Page4
---------------------
1:It is somthing important. Wake up.

2:What is is... It is not even morning yet.

3:Look at it. My boobs got bigger...

4:What happend?

5:What!?
------------------------
Page5

1:have a look, Milk is coming out from my tits.

2:It could be from getting injected with your sperm every night.I could be pregnent.

3:well

4:My boobs will get full of milk. you.. do you mind rubbing them as always?
-----------------------
Page6

1:If you want.

2:Thought so.

3:Uh

4:Ah.. It's not bad.

5:How is it compared to before?
--------------------------
Page7

1:Would it be alright to use the blanket that we bought yesterday?

2:right... This is not a brand new blanket so one night should be alright.

3:Ung…

4:Do it softer then usual since my body feels different to before.
----------------------
Page8

1:Ung~ it seems, you like big boobs...

2:Uh Kuung

3:Ah! Haah...
-------------------------------
Page9

1:It seems that your penis cannot wait any more.

2:hmm?

3:Since I have somthing unusual, Lets try somthing we couldn't do before

4:What... are.…

5:Rubbing your penis with my boobs.

6:Hey.

7:Slow down a bit.
-------------------------------
Page10

1:You seems more excited than before.

2: This makes me think it was worthwhile to have big boobs.
----------------
Page11

1:This is a cute penis.

2:Huuua… huua… mu

3:Uhh

4:Unghua… Hamuung

5:It hurts!

6:Uuh

7:Ahuu... Ung Unpua...

8:Ah.. I'm sorry did it hurt?
---------------------------
Page12

1:Ummuuuu.. Huu.. Uung

2:Uaaah! Its coming out!

3:Uuuung-

4:Uh...uh... Utku... Ung

5:Phuaaa... Haa
--------------------
Page13

1:Horo...

2:Unguu

3:What is this. You reached your limit much faster then usual.

4:As expected you... prefer bigger boobs?(originally meant as expected you are from boobs plenet(which is used to describe the peole that like big boobs))
------------------------
Page14

1:It's your turn to provide a service.

2:Cum inside me.

3:Haaa

4:Uh... Uuuh!
-----------------
Page15

1:Ha...Ah...Ah ...Ku...Ung

2:Your... penis.. today... it's ... bigger.

3:Horo's vigina feels better than usual as well.

4:Ah.. I'm... Ah.. No.. Ung

5:Your tightening is much then usual.
---------------------
Page16

1:Ung ah.. ahhhhh...

2:Suddenly you are rushing it too much.

3:Hu.... KuuuH!
-------------------
Page17

1:Haa... Unghaa. Are you enjoying licking my nipples?

2:Haang Haah...

3:Ung ah!

4:Haa.. ah... Ung!
---------------------------
Page18

1:Ung... What...haa.. haa

2:Are you telling me to move myself?

3:You are correct.

4: Uh
------------------------------
Page19

1:Is this what you want?

2:Haaaah!

3:Ah... Uhh this is.. pretty difficult

4:Ah!
-------------
Page20

1:Haa... Ang.. ahh. haaaah

2:Hua... ahh...
--------------
Page21

1:Huaaa...

2:I'm cumm~ing!

3:Haaa... Lawrence...

4:from front... End it by doing it from front.

5:Ok, I will do it, Horo
-----------------
Page22

1:Haa.. I prefer.... haah... this style... Ah... most.

2:Uh... Kuuh... Kuung... Uh... Uuuh...
----------------
Page23

1:Horo, Im ejactulating.

2:Do it,... Lawrence

3:Hiyaaah... Ahhh...

4:Huaaah... Ahaaaang...
----------------
Page24

1:Huaaa. Haa...

2:You never change... You are... brutal as usual...

3:Ah... Horo... your boobs are back to normal.

4:Hmm? ah this?

5:I used your sperm to transform myself to how it was before.

6:Than pregnent... is a lie...

7:If you say so. It was tiring but didnt you enjoy it?
----------------------
Page25

1:Anyway. We should do somthing about this dirty blanket.

2:Ah...! Crap! Is this even possible to clean it nicely...

3: Hello. this is ytsTanaka. We have a book of spice and wolf. It's Horo. Horo with big boobs. Please dont say this isnt Horo and get mad. I couldnt get rid of this story out of my head.

Horo has pretty exotic way of speaking. But I am not sure I have expressed it well enough
Also, I got exhausted before last 2 pages, which is why I finished the book in pretty bad quality

About cover of the book. The background of Horo is processed from my personal photo
I actually had photo of barley field but It wasnt found and ended up using wheat field. (lol)
I edited a bit so you could not tell its wheat. Please think of it as barley

About, next book.
It's not decided
I haven't drawn a book of Onegai Twins yet so I am thinking about it. Not sure how it would go

Then see you on next book
+Quote Post

post Dec 24 2013, 18:11
Post #6
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

Looks pretty good to me. Unless anyone has any comments regarding quality of translation, I'll accept this in the near future.
+Quote Post

post Dec 27 2013, 12:35
Post #7
Nomake Wan

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 30 (Journeyman)

The translation posted above is awkward and mechanical and in certain parts downright wrong. For instance, let's take p14. The translation provided above says:

1:It's your turn to provide a service.
2:Cum inside me.

The Japanese on the actual page says:
Horo: 次はぬしの奉仕の番じゃ
Horo: さぁ...わっちの中に入れてくりゃれ

I'd translate it as:
Horo: Next is your turn to tend to my needs.
Horo: Come now... insert it into my body.

While Horo may have an antequated method of speaking, 'naka ni iretekuryare' is by no means 'cum inside me'. That would be 'naka ni dashitekuryare'. On top of that the translation doesn't have any of the SFX translated.

I'd be willing to translate this properly. Seems simple enough.
+Quote Post

post Dec 27 2013, 13:59
Post #8
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

Hmmm, thanks for the comments. Yes, your version sounds better. Perhaps the two of you would like to work together on this bounty, and would be willing to split it?
+Quote Post

post Dec 27 2013, 14:02
Post #9
Nomake Wan

Casual Poster
Level 30 (Journeyman)

I wouldn't mind splitting it since the guy went to the effort of partially translating it, but I'd much rather work from my own translation from scratch than combine my efforts with someone else. I work better that way is all.
+Quote Post

post Dec 29 2013, 00:39
Post #10
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

is anyone else willing to comment on the translation quality?
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2014, 20:17
Post #11
shadow_moon

Casual Poster
Level 17 (Novice)

Could get some work, for sure.
Not to be dismissed, but at least some rewordings here and there wouldn't hurt.

Just some suggestions:

Page22

1:Haa.. I prefer.... haah... this style... Ah... most.

Maybe use "position" instead of "style".

Page23

1:Horo, Im ejactulating.

I'm "cumming" or "coming".

Page24

2:You never change... You are... brutal as usual...

Brutal? Intense. Even vigorous would work better here.
+Quote Post

post Jan 3 2014, 04:44
Post #12
Goatse

Top Posters 2014
Level 255 (Godslayer)

The translation is mostly accurate and good. Just a need a "tiny little" rewording.
+Quote Post

post Jan 3 2014, 14:14
Post #13
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

Given those opinions, I'd prefer either for the original translator (barmar) to try to reword it themselves into better English prose or work with Nomake Wan to try to do so (then the bounty will be split).
+Quote Post

post Jan 10 2014, 09:54
Post #14
Nomake Wan

Casual Poster
Level 30 (Journeyman)

My apologies for taking so long with this, I've no excuse. It's all done now, so please look it over and let me know how you want to handle the bounty.

[pastebin.com] http://pastebin.com/enc2E3F7
+Quote Post

post Jan 10 2014, 17:09
Post #15
shadow_moon

Casual Poster
Level 17 (Novice)

QUOTE(Nomake Wan @ Jan 10 2014, 09:54) *

My apologies for taking so long with this, I've no excuse. It's all done now, so please look it over and let me know how you want to handle the bounty.

[pastebin.com] http://pastebin.com/enc2E3F7

About this translation, I thought it was way too formal.
"Gaze upon this", "mammories" (which I'm not completely sure it's formally a word, though it's obvious its root is the word mamma), "Behold", "Would it be acceptable", and many other expressions that, IMHO, are way too formal, specially for a hentai doujinshi (including the euphemism like "your appendage"). And I don't really think Horo's speech justify such formality. She does speak in a weird way, but not in a formally weird way.

For instance, in the first page she say "見てくりゃれ” which was translated to "Gaze upon this". 見て means "to see, to look, to watch", therefore "gaze" is an acceptable and correct translation since it keeps the meaning, but I'd say it's too formal. AFAIK, that verb is normally translated to something more colloquial like "look", "see", etc.

Just to make a note, I'd use "Gaze" to translate "ご覧" (goran), which I deem to be more formal.

In regards of accuracy, I'd say it's good. I'd change the meaning here and there but nothing really major.

Following the script organization:

p4
Horo: What could this possibly signify?
My suggestions: What could have happened? / What could be the cause?

p5
Horo: I mustn't allow them to swell further...
My suggestion: At this rate, they (my breasts) will swell even more...

p7:
Horo: This is an unusual body to me,[...]
My suggestion: My body is different than usual/normal,[...]

p16:
Horo: So sudden...! Too...rough...for me...!
My suggestion: You're suddenly....too rough.... / You suddenly got....so rough....

p24:
Horo: The short of it would be that, yes. You enjoyed my mammories becoming engorged like that, did you not?
My note: Here she also mentions that it was tiresome to keep her breasts swelled. So if there's an intention of keeping that part, my suggestion (maintaining consistency with the level of formality) would be:
The short of it would be that, yes. It was tiresome to keep my mammories engorged but you enjoyed them, did you not?
+Quote Post

post Jan 10 2014, 17:33
Post #16
Goatse

Top Posters 2014
Level 255 (Godslayer)

My thoughts :
The 2nd one is not a 100% translation , it's more like a 85% "rephrase" of barmar translation. i'd say to accept the 2nd one , but split the rewards with barmar. So rewards should be splitted, Barmar gets 60% rewards, NomakeWan gets 40% rewards.
+Quote Post

post Jan 10 2014, 20:12
Post #17
Nomake Wan

Casual Poster
Level 30 (Journeyman)

The formality was my way of interpreting Horo's speech pattern. She speaks with an incredibly old, odd phrasing. As such, I went with formality to convey that pattern in English. Your mileage may vary.

I will also note that I did not refer to the previous translation whatsoever while translating this. I read the book with notepad open on top and did the TL from scratch. If you want to consider it a rephrasing of the existing one then by all means, but I implore you to compare my translation to the existing one more carefully to take note of all the places where mine has information that's 100% missing from the translation posted prior. If I were merely rephrasing someone else's translation...how could there be any additional information? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

EDIT: I would be more than willing to do 50/50 with Barmar simply due to the fact that he put in just as much effort as I did, that is, he and I both attempted a translation. I simply think that calling mine a 'rephrase' and doing 60/40 is a little unjust.

EDIT 2: Actually bothered to read the full critique by shadow_moon earlier. 'Mammories' is indeed a word in English, feel free to look it up. The euphemism was also present in the original book (ぬしの物) and so I chose to keep it rather than convert it to cock/penis/dick/etc simply because at no point does she say any of those words directly. Seeing as I own the R1 bluray boxset for Spice and Wolf, I would be more than happy to sit down and flip through scenes to see how the 'official' translation handles Horo's speech. I'm not sure how much it would help, but if someone has suggestions as to a more 'accurate' way to deal with her phrasing then I'm all ears. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

EDIT 3: Haha, I hate editing so much. Anyway correction indeed, on p24 she says 'shindokatta' which I did indeed miss. So shadow_moon's reinterpretation of my line (The short of it would be that, yes. It was tiresome to keep my mammories engorged but you enjoyed it, did you not?) would be much closer to the original Japanese than what I put. Somehow I missed it completely. I blame being a mere page away from finishing! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan: Jan 10 2014, 20:23
+Quote Post

post Jan 10 2014, 21:24
Post #18
shadow_moon

Casual Poster
Level 17 (Novice)

QUOTE(Nomake Wan @ Jan 10 2014, 20:12) *

The formality was my way of interpreting Horo's speech pattern. She speaks with an incredibly old, odd phrasing. As such, I went with formality to convey that pattern in English. Your mileage may vary.

I thought so. Though, like I wrote, Horo doesn't speak with an "odd formality", her speech is more "odd", that's why I mentioned about the excess of formality.

I will also note that I did not refer to the previous translation whatsoever while translating this. I read the book with notepad open on top and did the TL from scratch. If you want to consider it a rephrasing of the existing one then by all means, but I implore you to compare my translation to the existing one more carefully to take note of all the places where mine has information that's 100% missing from the translation posted prior. If I were merely rephrasing someone else's translation...how could there be any additional information? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Despite not being my comment, you can pretty much disregard the "rephrasing" statement. It's painfully obvious that the translations will sound similar because there's not much room for interpretation, both are translating the same thing and both are mostly correct translations.

EDIT 2: Actually bothered to read the full critique by shadow_moon earlier. 'Mammories' is indeed a word in English, feel free to look it up. The euphemism was also present in the original book (ぬしの物) and so I chose to keep it rather than convert it to cock/penis/dick/etc simply because at no point does she say any of those words directly. Seeing as I own the R1 bluray boxset for Spice and Wolf, I would be more than happy to sit down and flip through scenes to see how the 'official' translation handles Horo's speech. I'm not sure how much it would help, but if someone has suggestions as to a more 'accurate' way to deal with her phrasing then I'm all ears. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

About "mammories", I only found a close entry on [www.urbandictionary.com] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mammories
No other online dictionary I checked has a definition for such word:
[www.merriam-webster.com] http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mammories
[www.thefreedictionary.com] http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mammories
[www.oxforddictionaries.com] http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/spell...sh/?q=mammories
[dictionary.reference.com] http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mammories?s=t
Even google suggest another word when you search for it:
[www.google.com] https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mammories
You likely thought about "mammaries", which is the plural of "mammary", word which exists, though I don't really see it fitting that well.

Seeing Horo should be a wolf (I guess), you could use "udder" instead. Or just stick with breasts, which I judge to be pretty formal, considering most would just say "tits" or "boobs".

Yes, I know the euphemism is there, I just thought that they were also too formal. But that goes along with the characterization of the character's speech you gave...though I have to say that I just can't imagine someone referring to a penis as "appendage" while having sex. And sometimes, euphemism in one language is not easily translated to another.

And I also never watched the anime in any language so I have nothing to base a translation upon except what's given in the doujinshi itself.

This post has been edited by shadow_moon: Jan 10 2014, 21:29
+Quote Post

post Jan 11 2014, 03:07
Post #19
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

I think I am going to split the bounty 50/50 indeed. barmar, are you fine with it? If so, accept the bounty, then please transfer half of the funds to Nomake Wan.

Next I'll try to combine the translations into one, best version... or would someone volunteer to do it? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Jan 11 2014, 03:08
+Quote Post

post Jan 11 2014, 04:50
Post #20
Nomake Wan

Casual Poster
Level 30 (Journeyman)

QUOTE(shadow_moon @ Jan 10 2014, 11:24) *
You likely thought about "mammaries", which is the plural of "mammary", word which exists, though I don't really see it fitting that well.

GAH. GAAHHHHHHHHHHH yes you're right, I spelled it wrong. One letter off. Gah. Wow. I think I should go commit sudoku now. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Seriously though, you're right again, that's exactly what I meant but I managed to screw up my own native language. Gah.

Seeing Horo should be a wolf (I guess), you could use "udder" instead. Or just stick with breasts, which I judge to be pretty formal, considering most would just say "tits" or "boobs".

Udder doesn't really sound right, that'd be on a cow and not a wolf, right? If I had to go with something out of what you put, I'd say 'breasts'. Again, I put 'mammaries' because it's weird--and that's exactly how Horo speaks. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Yes, I know the euphemism is there, I just thought that they were also too formal. But that goes along with the characterization of the character's speech you gave...though I have to say that I just can't imagine someone referring to a penis as "appendage" while having sex. And sometimes, euphemism in one language is not easily translated to another.

Fair enough. Translator's perogative, I think. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Jan 10 2014, 17:07) *

I think I am going to split the bounty 50/50 indeed. barmar, are you fine with it? If so, accept the bounty, then please transfer half of the funds to Nomake Wan.

Next I'll try to combine the translations into one, best version... or would someone volunteer to do it? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Works for me. I hate to sound biased, but I don't think there's any way to combine the two... But I think at this point I should probably duck out gracefully and call it 'done'. However, I do have a question for you. If you put up an editing bounty for this and my editor chooses to pick it up, would I be allowed to hand him my translation or would I have to work with whatever 'mixed' translation comes of this thread? Good to know for the possible future. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 13:31