Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Magic Fencer fighting style

post Nov 14 2014, 16:09
Post #1
uareader

Critter
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

edit: latest version on 2015.06.04 after hverse 0.82 patch.
Big changes.The old version is archived.

--------------------

Base Attributes (aim):

Strength: higher or equal to lvl+5
Dexterity: higher or equal to lvl+30
Agility: higher or equal to lvl+70 (was failing to reach it by 1 when writing this (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) )
Endurance: higher or equal to lv+15
Intelligence: 196
Wisdom: higher or equal to lvl+15

Equipment:

Superior Ethereal Rapier of the Battlecaster
Exquisite Reinforced Buckler of the Battlecaster
Superior Shade Helmet of the Arcanist
Superior Shade Breastplate of the Arcanist
Superior Shade Gauntlets of the Arcanist
Superior Shade Leggings of the Arcanist
Superior Shade Boots of the Arcanist

Strategy:

Playing in Normal.

Spirit Shield and Spark of Life on Innate Arcana as emergency backups.

Casting buffs: Protection, Haste, Shadow Veil, Regen, Arcane Focus
If Channeling happen, I call from the rightmost buff as they cost the much.

Random Encounter:

Casting Storm of Njord (lvl3 wind)
Use Imperil on monsters that resisted well.
Casting Banishment to hit more target or healthiest targets.
Imperil.
Hit/Storm/Banish/Imperil until they are all dead

I might use Shield Bash and Vital Strike to quickly take down some monsters.
Use of Merciful Blow is more rare as the Overdrive cost is higher and the effect isn't significant unless it's a special monster at higher difficulty.

Special Circumstances:

I no longer use Spirit Stance. If I ever run out of buffs, I just recast them and use focus to regain mp.
I use Arcane Focus since at the time I write this, Heartseeker doesn't seem to work for me (maybe monsters at my level counter it too efficiently).
When I get Channeling, if Arcane Focus is less than 50% of max duration, I recast it, else I recast another buff, or sometimes an attack spell.

To ward off danger, I have Shield Bash (Stun), Slow and Sleep.
Sometimes I use MagNet, but that's more an eccentricity, since it often fail and the effect when it work is short and lack impact.

I use the Frost Spike Shield as an add-on to Protection, for the occasional damages (that can actually be big since it's proportional to the monster attack power) and the speed reduction from Freezing Limbs.

Power-up:

The best is Mana Gem power up, especially since restoratives are bad since 0.82
Mystic Gem is an opportunity to reload Regen or Arcane Focus. If they were refilled recently, it can be used on another buff.
Health Gem is trash to throw away as soon as possible to have a chance to get something else.
Soul Gem is another trash now that I'm not using Spirit Stance and playing in Normal.

Since I'm a casual player who don't take much time on the game anymore (and would not check scans or pay a lot of attention at the log (and sometimes even missing when my HP go low or a buff ran out)), I think this work well for me.

This post has been edited by uareader: Jun 4 2015, 18:49
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2014, 17:04
Post #2
chjj30

πŸ¦˜θ·³ζ΅·ι­”ε₯³πŸ§™ηŽ‹δΈ–εšπŸŒŠ
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I have also a Set, whick I never use.

Magnificent Ethereal Rapier of the Battlecaster
Legendary Mithril Buckler of the Battlecaster
Magnificent Shade Helmet of the Arcanist
Magnificent Shade Breastplate of the Arcanist
Magnificent Shade Gauntlets of the Arcanist
Magnificent Shade Leggings of the Arcanist
Magnificent Shade Boots of the Arcanist
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2014, 18:28
Post #3
Colman

Where is the loli?
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

I think force shield work better in hybrid build because you can heal less often and easier to focus in safe environment.

This post has been edited by Colman: Nov 14 2014, 18:47
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2014, 19:20
Post #4
Eclair de Larmes

Yuricon Banzai!!
Group: Members
Level 236 (Godslayer)

Since you haven't reach 200 yet, I suggest you ask for better gear at the free shop

And for better recommendation of what to do and what not, you could go to ask the experts thread here

Actually it's fine for you to try out a unique build you make yourself, but to make your life easier, I suggest you ask the experts first x"D

I am no experts, but I find that your builds lacks attack power.

You should find some Power gears of Slaughter to boost your attack damage and accuracy, while finding some good Force Shield with good block rate.

with 1 hand, parry and block works better than evade overall, since you could counter-attack while you parry/block, but not while evading.

But counterattacks is quite weak if you dont have enough damage.

My suggestion is :

Find a Sup+ Ethereal Rapier of Slaughter, preferably with max turn of Penetrated Armor.
Find some good Force Shield, prefix doesn't really matter, but you need to find good block rate.
Last, find some good Power armor, preferably slaughter prefix. It might cost you 25k per armor piece.

Well, I once had tried to combine 1h style and magic build, and it doesn't have enough power to finish lots of rounds quickly.
Once you hit lvl 200, everything would start to be hard, and I suggest that you pick one style that suits you best rather than using both and fail both ways.

TL;DR don't make the same mistake as I do, son ;w;

This post has been edited by Eclair de Larmes: Nov 14 2014, 19:25
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2014, 20:09
Post #5
tetron

Certified Retard!
Level 487 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Colman @ Nov 14 2014, 21:58) *

I think force shield work better in hybrid build because you can heal less often and easier to focus in safe environment.

Interference reduces magic crit rate, so force shield is not optimal for a hybrid mage build.
+Quote Post

post Nov 15 2014, 01:12
Post #6
uareader

Critter
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Colman @ Nov 14 2014, 17:28) *
One of the reasons I provided the log was about this: I don't heal (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Regen do all the work. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
You won't find me casting Cure or using a potion in the log, and as for the health gem, if you look at my strategy you will see that I just want to get rid of it as soon as possible, and while I do heal once, the others two times are +0HP which is the most common case.

Now about my equipment, I chose it based on the stats.Once I tried to pick up something that seemed better, but lacked 1 of the stats boost, and it was a disaster.
Switching to a set of the same type would be likely to create gaps in some places I rely on.
+Quote Post

post Nov 15 2014, 01:17
Post #7
Dan31

Chilling around
Group: Members
Level 480 (Godslayer)

I'm repeating myself, but Shade of the Arcanist would be better for you than cloth armor. Preferably with all 6 PABs.
+Quote Post

post Feb 21 2015, 21:56
Post #8
Koaen

[On Hiatus]
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(uareader @ Nov 14 2014, 18:12) *

One of the reasons I provided the log was about this: I don't heal (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Regen do all the work. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
You won't find me casting Cure or using a potion in the log, and as for the health gem, if you look at my strategy you will see that I just want to get rid of it as soon as possible, and while I do heal once, the others two times are +0HP which is the most common case.

Now about my equipment, I chose it based on the stats.Once I tried to pick up something that seemed better, but lacked 1 of the stats boost, and it was a disaster.
Switching to a set of the same type would be likely to create gaps in some places I rely on.

You should try using your set above normal difficulty.
+Quote Post

post Feb 24 2015, 08:25
Post #9
mozilla browser

Nutscrape Navigator
Level 500 (Godslayer)

It's not working badly, but I think it works because:
- low difficulty: monsters die quickly and hit gently. Can't tell if there are any SP attacks
- few-ish monsters (8 in final round)

As a result of the above, the mobs die after few hits and you don't require much defenses.

You currently have >20% evade/block/parry/resist, which is 0.8^3 ~ 51% chance of attack going through. Compared against the defensive capabilities of 1h + force shield + power armor, a good force shield should bring you up to 40% block on its own, which is better than 20% evade and 20% block.

I think the challenge with this build will become apparently if you play at higher difficulty and with multiple rounds and lots of mobs. Monsters hit harder (and with SP attacks) and have more HP. With low damage output, they take more turns to die which means they get more turns to charge MP/SP and deal more damage to you.

At your level, I was playing as a dark mage and did a lot of bashing with my staff. If I recall correctly, my regular arcane blow + void strike dealt similar or more damage than your normal hits and my aoe spells dealt more damage than your weapon skills. That being the case, you might as well consider conversion to be a full mage?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 23:14