Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Add-on] HVStat 5.7.1 (November 2017), HV Statistics, Tracking, and Analysis Tool (for Firefox and Chrome)

post Jul 26 2012, 00:08
Post #1
Late for work :(

[CENSORED]
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 388 (Dovahkiin)

The HentaiVerse Statistics, Tracking, and Analysis Tool
HentaiVerse 0.86

Attached Image

Features:
Improves the battle interface by highlighting actions, showing monster stats, and a more visible countdown for status effect durations.
Save scan results to later show saved data in battle.
Capture battle data and analyze your combat statistics
Track your exp, credit and proficiency gains
Log item drops and arena rewards
Tally how many monsters you've killed
Count page load and script execution time to customize STAT for best performance
...and more!

Currently supported browsers:
Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome
Note: Browsers based on these may or may not work. For example, Iron is based on Chrome and at time of posting, will run HVS successfully.

[github.com] Download v5.7.1 (both Firefox and Chrome versions, source code included)
Note for Firefox users: download this if you have WebExtension-based browser (Firefox 57+). Support with older versions isn't fully granted.

[github.com] Download v5.7.0 (both Firefox and Chrome versions, source code included)
Note for Firefox users: download this if you have Firefox 56 and lower.

[github.com] Installation Instructions (Note: Chrome instructions has an outdated version, please use the link above to download)

Note from the author:
QUOTE(diamondg @ Aug 27 2017, 00:38) *

Note that http://hentaiverse.org and https://hentaiverse.org are technically different sites, and HVStat databases are separate for those. The main site seems to always guide to https-version, but manually entered URLs and bookmarks can go to http-version as well. I don't know how to sync them automatically, so HVStat shows a warning icon on http-version. It is recommended to export HVStat data from http-version manually, import data to https-version and use only https-version afterwards.

Bug Reports:
If you're making a bug report, we need the following information:
  • Your browser type and version
  • An accurate description of the problem and when it happens
  • Console Log Errors if there are any.
    Firefox: CTRL + ALT + J
    Chrome: CTRL + SHIFT + J
Current Developers:
diamondg (IMG:https://forums.e-hentai.org/ehgt/karma/karma_up.png)

Past Developers:
GaryMcNabb, greentea039, mrttao, Ilirith, H2Odk, gillian, Galdric, icetea01, hen_Z, DemonEyesBob, coredumperrorory, mkonji, derpymal, tmihor, Tiap, Byledalej
Previous HVSTAT Thread.

Developer Stuff:
We now have a github repo to try and keep the updates under some level of control.
If you would like to be able to commit/sync, please let me know.
[github.com] Come GIT some.

Older versions:
[github.com] Download (v5.6.9, Reloader compatible)
[chrome.google.com] Download (v5.6.9, Chrome version)
[github.com] Installation Instructions (Note: Chrome instructions has an outdated version, please use the link above)

[github.com] Downloads (v5.6.8.2)
[github.com] Changelog (v5.6.8.2)

This post has been edited by Scremaz: Nov 17 2017, 17:34
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 01:42
Post #2
H2Odk

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 211 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(mrttao @ Jul 25 2012, 23:36) *

H2Odk posted a fix for the code in question (is it tested or just a hypothetical fix?) that prompted 5.3.3.3, looking at his fix I see that the "var ds" was initialized both outside and inside the for loop, while the other two vars were initialized outside the for loop only. The changes were basically to delete the first 3 initialization and instead initialize all 3 within the for loop:

1. var cs = document.createElement("div");
Was relocated into the for function
2. var tops = 0;
was deleted, and instead the first incidence of using tops was changed from just "tops = stuff" to "var tops = stuff"
3. var ds = "";
was deleted on outer function so it isn't initialized twice.

OK so, first thing first, kudos on finding the issue.

there was a typo more

CODE
cs.setAttribute("onclick", 'document.getElementById("ckey_skills").onclick();document.getElementById("'+skillnum[i]+'").onclick();document.getElementById("'+mkey+'").onclick()');

skillnum[i] was skillnum[1]
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 02:53
Post #3
greentea039

Casual Poster
Level 343 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(mrttao @ Jul 26 2012, 04:43) *

Merge them as appropriate with latest version, increment the number, and post them here.

I posted bug fix/update version as 5.4.0
This is based on 5.3.3.4.

Attached File  HVSTAT_5.4.0.zip ( 332.79k ) Number of downloads: 5444

Bug fixes:
  • Always one skill button was displayed even if playing 3 skill battle style. (from 5.3.1)
  • Javascript exception occurred when 10 monsters are appeared at a round. (before 5.2.2)
  • Scan/skill buttons at 10th monster did not work. (before 5.2.2)
  • Popup information at 10th monster was not shown. (before 5.2.2)
  • Item drop tracking of any crystals was corrupted and reset to zero when a crystal drop message without multiplier prefix is displayed. (before 5.2.2)
  • Tier-3 skill could not be selected with any hot key when tier-1 skill cooldown is finished. (before 5.2.2)
Updates:
  • Vertical positions of scan/skill buttons are adjusted to the monsters properly.
  • Voidseeker Shard, Aether Shard and Featherweight Shard are added to the target of item drop tracking.
  • Unimplemented 'Effects Expiring Warnings' parts are now implemented.
  • Number of digit of 'Rounds remaining' fields for 'Effects Expiring Warnings' are changed from 1 to 3.
  • Proficiency popup layout is arranged like that of the character screen.
Internal changes:
  • Replaced operator '!=' and '==' with '!==' and '===' to avoid implicit type conversion.
  • Split very very long lines for readability.
  • Replaced deep nest of 'if' statements with 'if'~'else if' statements.
  • Added semicolons at the end of statements/expressions.

(I'm not good at English. Please tell me if somthing is wrong.)
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 04:36
Post #4
pureyang

Regular Poster
Level 490 (Dovahkiin)

how about using HVSTAT FF #.#.#.# for firefox and HVSTAT GC #.#.#.# for google chrome in the future?

Suggested version number incrementing rules:
1st: major milestones (a collection of features).
2nd: new features added.
3rd: bug fixes or existing features rewritten for improved performance.
4th: syntax changes or dev builds working towards a bug fix but not there yet.

Feedback on this idea would be welcome. and don't be afraid to let a number go over 10. having 5.13.2.31 is just fine. Chrome reads it as five.thirteen.two.thirty-one. So 5.10.0 is considered newer then 5.9.9
Actually, anyone knows if FF reads it the same way? Regardless, FF allows downgrades even if it would get confused on which is newer... while chrome does not (requiring manual uninstall and then installing the lower version)

@H2Odk: Thanks for clarifying. Did you mean you made a typo in the "old code to be fixed" that you posted in the thread such that it was different then the code in the actual HVSTAT file? because both had i not 1 in the thread post.

This post has been edited by mrttao: Jul 26 2012, 04:47
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 06:03
Post #5
H2Odk

Newcomer
Level 211 (Godslayer)

The typo was in HVSTAT 5.3.3.1, I had corrected it in the code I posted, but GaryMcNabb did not mention this, so I assumed he had missed that correction.
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 07:01
Post #6
varst

Peerless perverted long-hair-con of the Hentaiverse
Level 478 (Godslayer)

As I appreciate you guys' work, you are also making the whole project as chaoic as ever.

1. I do think most people would like to have 1 patch in 2-3 weeks which contains several updates rather than 14 patches everyone which contains a bit of improvement. Just see how many patches you guys have posted in the last few days.
Just don't rush to name every update first: test it among yourselves, see if there's any problems, then publish that in a package. This has become a collaborated work, so please make it work like a collaborated work instead of several individual small improvements made by separate people.

2. Naming:
Most people don't even remember the 'major milestone' from v.4.0 and v.5.0. It's better if you guys naming as
1st and 2nd: Follow the major HV version (0.6.9 -> 6.9)
3rd: new feature packs
4th: bug fix/dev build

It should work better as people will then understand if their version matches the latest HV patch.

3. A better way to explain what you have changed. Why do you guys need to ask the others every time something has changed?

Please remember, it's a program for players to use, not to confuse them.
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 07:15
Post #7
Evil Scorpio

● Public Enemy ●
Level 444 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(varst @ Jul 26 2012, 09:01) *

As I appreciate you guys' work, you are also making the whole project as chaoic as ever.

1. I do think most people would like to have 1 patch in 2-3 weeks which contains several updates rather than 14 patches everyone which contains a bit of improvement. Just see how many patches you guys have posted in the last few days.
Just don't rush to name every update first: test it among yourselves, see if there's any problems, then publish that in a package. This has become a collaborated work, so please make it work like a collaborated work instead of several individual small improvements made by separate people.

2. Naming:
Most people don't even remember the 'major milestone' from v.4.0 and v.5.0. It's better if you guys naming as

It should work better as people will then understand if their version matches the latest HV patch.

3. A better way to explain what you have changed. Why do you guys need to ask the others every time something has changed?

Sometimes you're annoying as fuck, varst. Do you know that?
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 07:24
Post #8
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Evil Scorpio @ Jul 26 2012, 13:15) *

Yes. But I won't retreat my words just because it's annoying.
The word is harsh, but look at the patches put forward yesterday and the related discussion.

This post has been edited by varst: Jul 26 2012, 07:27
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 08:40
Post #9
Ilirith

Regular Poster
Level 284 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Evil Scorpio @ Jul 26 2012, 07:15) *

Though he do have a point Evil, :3

As for the patches, well, people can just upgrade every few weeks if they prefer too, as it is now, we are just release the latest version for those interested.
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 09:42
Post #10
DarkDespair5

Insane Pyromaniac
Level 303 (Godslayer)

@ Varst: Have you seen open source projects? They typically have a lot of people with commit access that publish minor tweaks all the time. What you're asking is for people to wait until they've got a "Stable" release before publishing, but this thread is more like a SVN because there is no real version control involved. I personally prefer that we keep this always-updated branch (even if it may have more bugs) in this thread, and possibly update the OP for "major" releases.

This type of project is developed in a bazaar. If you want a more structured system with many collaborators, you are going to need a versioning system or other formal tracking structure that large projects use. Subversion, Git, etc.

This post has been edited by DarkDespair5: Jul 26 2012, 09:47
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 10:06
Post #11
pureyang

Regular Poster
Level 490 (Dovahkiin)

Nobody is forcing anyone to download the latest bugfix. I personally like having 1 bug fixed releases. Denying that to people that want it for the sake of not annoying people who prefer there not to be is kinda silly... If you don't want it don't download it.

We could properly refer to them as dev versions... its a given but we could make it "official"...
As for having a designated "stable" version... that would require dedicated QC volunteers who avoid upgrading and stick with one version and extensively test it... So unless and until we get people who wanna do that it will have to be a rolling beta with frequent dev versions and people who don't like updating often can update every 2 weeks+ if they so desire.

Also, why is it necessary to follow the HV version numbers? And why only the last two numbers? (if HV ever gets to 1.0.0 it will break the naming system as 0.0.0.0 and 1.0.0.0.0 are both lower versions then 9.9.0.0

GaryMcNabb said he liked the version numbering I suggested in #4... well
<MrTT> So, did you see my suggestion about versioning?
<GaryMcNabb> yeah, sounds good

Anyone else has a view on it?

This post has been edited by mrttao: Jul 26 2012, 10:07
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 10:11
Post #12
Evil Scorpio

● Public Enemy ●
Level 444 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(varst @ Jul 26 2012, 09:24) *
Yes. But I won't retreat my words just because it's annoying.
The word is harsh, but look at the patches put forward yesterday and the related discussion.

"When at Rome, do as the Romans do". Nuff said.
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 11:41
Post #13
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(DarkDespair5 @ Jul 26 2012, 15:42) *

I personally prefer that we keep this always-updated branch (even if it may have more bugs) in this thread, and possibly update the OP for "major" releases.

That's basically what I mean; just like minecraft where people can try the new 'dev' unofficial builds, while the 'official' build which contains several updates (possibly tested in the 'dev' period)
Sometimes they may be developing something (like 5.3.3.3) which works better as a 'dev' build than an official build.

QUOTE(mrttao @ Jul 26 2012, 16:06) *

Also, why is it necessary to follow the HV version numbers? And why only the last two numbers? (if HV ever gets to 1.0.0 it will break the naming system as 0.0.0.0 and 1.0.0.0.0 are both lower versions then 9.9.0.0

You can use 10.0.0.0 when HV goes to 1.0.0.
The extra merit is that most of the time HV STAT requires some fix after patches. This way the update (related to HV updates) can be better addressed.
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 13:43
Post #14
oohay

Casual Poster
Level 289 (Godslayer)

Okay, I was able to install v4.3.3 due to the old thread. I have no idea how to properly update it to v5.4.0, though. The way to get HV STAT in Greasemonkey only gets you v4.3.3, since the script hasn't been updated there since October 10, 2011. Will it ever be updated there again? Downloading the zip here gets me some files that exist in v4.3.3 as well, but some files don't. To be clear, HVSTAT 5.4.0.crx and hv_statistics_tracking_a.user.js are new files, while v4.3.3 only has [six_digit_number].user.js (and three files common to both versions). There's also no "Firefox" folder in v4.3.3 (as installed via Greasemonkey). If I replace just the three shared files the displayed version number doesn't change (although the icon does) and I don't seem to gain any new settings. I have no idea what to do with the new files. If there's a proper way to update HV STAT can you tell me and/or update the "stable" thread? The zip has no installer and there are apparently no instructions for it, so it's opaque to me.

EDIT: Okay, so you drag hv_statistics_tracking_a.user.js into Firefox AFTER installing v4.3.3 (although the icon didn't change this time, and I still have no idea what the deal is with HVSTAT 5.4.0.crx, which isn't copied). Sorry to bother anyone!

This post has been edited by oohay: Jul 26 2012, 14:01
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 15:11
Post #15
Daodaodaidai

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Thanks again for the hard work !
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 15:58
Post #16
Ilirith

Regular Poster
Level 284 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(oohay @ Jul 26 2012, 13:43) *

Okay, I was able to install v4.3.3 due to the old thread. I have no idea how to properly update it to v5.4.0, though. The way to get HV STAT in Greasemonkey only gets you v4.3.3, since the script hasn't been updated there since October 10, 2011. Will it ever be updated there again? Downloading the zip here gets me some files that exist in v4.3.3 as well, but some files don't. To be clear, HVSTAT 5.4.0.crx and hv_statistics_tracking_a.user.js are new files, while v4.3.3 only has [six_digit_number].user.js (and three files common to both versions). There's also no "Firefox" folder in v4.3.3 (as installed via Greasemonkey). If I replace just the three shared files the displayed version number doesn't change (although the icon does) and I don't seem to gain any new settings. I have no idea what to do with the new files. If there's a proper way to update HV STAT can you tell me and/or update the "stable" thread? The zip has no installer and there are apparently no instructions for it, so it's opaque to me.

EDIT: Okay, so you drag hv_statistics_tracking_a.user.js into Firefox AFTER installing v4.3.3 (although the icon didn't change this time, and I still have no idea what the deal is with HVSTAT 5.4.0.crx, which isn't copied). Sorry to bother anyone!

the .CRX is a chrome extension, so it won't work with firefox.

I recommend getting chrome, even if you want to use Firefox as your primary browser, then just use chrome for playing HV.
Chrome is a fair bit faster (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 20:39
Post #17
Daodaodaidai

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Found (maybe) another problem. In the "shrine", hitting space, to change multiple artifacts, doesn't work anymore (chrome 5.4.0 & 5.3.x)
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 20:47
Post #18
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Daodaodaidai @ Jul 27 2012, 02:39) *

Found (maybe) another problem. In the "shrine", hitting space, to change multiple artifacts, doesn't work anymore (chrome 5.4.0 & 5.3.x)

That shrining thing is from official HV. And that multiple shrining has never worked on chrome.
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2012, 21:46
Post #19
Late for work :(

[CENSORED]
Level 388 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(greentea039 @ Jul 26 2012, 12:53) *

- Replaced operator '!=' and '==' with '!==' and '===' to avoid implicit type conversion.

I was personally very happy with this update.
It introduced a couple of bugs due to previous lazy coding but they're easy enough to fix.
Thanks again.

QUOTE(varst @ Jul 26 2012, 17:01) *

As Ilirith said, people don't have to update everytime. I'd probably recommend waiting for a 1.1.* release (under the current version sys we've been using).
From now on though, I'll include a stable and bleeding edge release in the main post.
For us making the project chaotic, we're attempting to organize things by discussing changes, opening a GIT repo etc, but the problem lies with who has/wants access.
Not everyone wants to work in a team.

2. Naming:

I would rather use mrttao's system of [MajorMilestones.Features.Fixes.MinorFixes].
What I can do though, is include a tag in the main post with which version of HV we're currently compatible with.

On The Developer Side:
On the GIT I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible when updating but sometimes it's impossible to describe EXACTLY what's been changed, especially in larger updates.
As long as the commit isn't huge, you can see what's been changed in the diff.
Eventually I'd like to see comments in the code, ATM the code is as chaotic as we are.

On The User Side:
I agree but what would you suggest we do. We could announce only features being added and bugs being fixed and dumb some things down but that would leave dev's out of the loop (excl those with GIT access).

This post has been edited by GaryMcNabb: Jul 26 2012, 21:50
+Quote Post

post Jul 27 2012, 02:05
Post #20
H2Odk

Newcomer
Level 211 (Godslayer)

Sometimes this happen, I am currently using 5.3.3.1. It also happened in 5.2.2, in that it caused the scan/skill buttons not to show. I have unsuccessfully tried to find out why, but that part of the code makes my brain hurt (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

43 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 19:23