Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bazaar tosslist, What to sell in WTS and what to toss right away

post May 3 2012, 18:54
Post #1
TheGreyPanther

Prowler
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

The purpose of this thread is to present/create a list of which Equipment you can safely toss in the Bazaar.
So the list below shows the minimun quality (by prefix) of each equipment type for it to be saleable in the WTS section in the forum and the primary and secondary suffix.
By saleable in the WTS section I mean that it is possible to sell the equipment for more than the bazaar price within a month of it beeing put on sale. By primary and secondary suffix I mean the ones that are most sought-after. The minimum quality for saleable equipments refers to equipment with its primary suffix and perhaps its secondary. Generally equipment with secondary suffix is saleable with one step higher quality prefix and equipment with unattracitive suffixes require one step further in the quality ladder to be saleable.
Equipment with Ethereal prefix is saleable with quality two steps below the minimum quality in general. Equipment that no longer drop is not to be evaluated by this list as it has a novelty value which makes saleable even if it's crap. Flimsy Equipment can command a high price as it has its uses for IW proficiens grinding and does not longer drop.
This list should only be used to determine what is worth to sell and to set your prices you must scour through the WTS section yourself. Before anyone points it out I must say that I know that you shouldn't evaluate the quality solely by quality prefix. To find out if something is good you should look at the Equipment Ranges page in the wiki and compare the attributes of the equipment but for determining saleability as I have defined it quality prefix is enough.
List will be useless after next patch!
Level also affect if its saleability but to get in to that topic isn't my aim. Generally the better quality item the lower level is acceptable.

Attached File  Equipment_Bazaar_toss_list.txt ( 1.2k ) Number of downloads: 28

As tables can't be shown in the forum I show, in addition to the txt file, the list as a picture below.
Attached Image

My hope for this thread is twofold.
1. That someone will find the list useful. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
2. That people will correct my errors especially concerning mage gear which I know very little of as I am a melee fighter. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by TheGreyPanther: May 3 2012, 20:14
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:13
Post #2
varst

Peerless perverted long-hair-con of the Hentaiverse
Level 478 (Godslayer)

I personally don't think it's a good idea to interfere/give suggestions for what to sell in WTS. Too easy to produce significant impact.
Besides that most people will then duly throw away without thinking, which would be dangerous during patch changes.

It's also better to give suggestions based on playing style, like what I did in wiki. Evaluating through quality prefix is the worst option IMO; referring to equip ranges is always the best way to learn about the game.

This post has been edited by varst: May 3 2012, 19:15
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:16
Post #3
Kaosumx

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Level 271 (Godslayer)

Eh, valiant attempt, but the stuff that people want will differ, and just because it doesn't have the right suffix doesn't mean it isn't valuable, because of how variable base stat rolls are. Same thing with prefixes.

A better chart would try to set the minimum rolls for the stats, ie 32+ mdb for destruction staffs, with a combinations of blah blah blah, or 5x whatever + d for a slaughter weapon, or 3x+ for a non-slaughter, and set minimum proc chances and base amounts.

I think you should just leave people to their own devices though, but thanks anyways.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:19
Post #4
Coma

Active Poster
Group: Members
Level 257 (Godslayer)

What? That mean I have to throw over 100 Warding equipments into bazaar? Anyway, the list is pretty much confirm to my "Items for WTS" list.

Pretty much most Dampening, Stoneskin, and Deflection Fire-eater, Wind-waker, Storm-child, Frost-born are bazaar bait. Ox and Owl will go to bazaar if the stat bonus is not near max, Cheetah, Raccoon, Fox, and Turtle aint much as valuable.

Mjolnir and Freyr are also good for keep, due to the popularity of Giant and Dragonkin. Thrice-blessed and Spirit-ward are helpful to anyone starting on RoB Gods, though not much sale value if they keep SS and Spark up.

Dont know about Vampire and Banshee (but Banshee is very helpful for those who use SS and Spark often in grinds)

As for quality, sometimes you can sell average quality if the good stats happens to be in the crucial area: such as Base Weapon Damage, Critical Bonus, Physical Mitigation, etc. I would never want an Superior Ax of Slaughter if it concentrates higher stats on Accuracy but have lower Weapon Damage and Critical Bonus
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:24
Post #5
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

Well I can always sell my average staff if I want to (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Seriously though, even if it doesn't look useful now, chance are they may become more useful after patches.
Who would have thought power armor of protection to be that good a few patches ago?

This post has been edited by varst: May 3 2012, 19:28
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:27
Post #6
hzqr

Savagely Still
Level 462 (Dovahkiin)

Why so much hate for elemental mages?
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:29
Post #7
Evil Scorpio

● Public Enemy ●
Level 444 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(varst @ May 3 2012, 21:24) *
Well I can always sell my average staff if I want to (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Warn me before it, I'll be camping on the bazaar. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) And I can say the same 'bout my stone-skinned pants.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:33
Post #8
Orange Crusher

Regular Poster
Group: Members
Level 227 (Godslayer)

I kind of like the idea of the list, would have saved me a lot of time searching wts shops checking what items seem to sell most often.
Threads like these will help new players enter into the trading forums, because i know i hesitated a long time because i knew absolutely nothing beyond what i needed for my build.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:34
Post #9
Kaosumx

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Level 271 (Godslayer)

Also, cotton or leather of any prefix and suffix isn't worth anything outside of collection value if its legendary or item world if its flimsy.

This post has been edited by Kaosumx: May 3 2012, 19:34
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:42
Post #10
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

Also, 2H weapons with 'balance' suffix isn't that good, and power armor is rarer than shield armor.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:43
Post #11
Kaosumx

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Level 271 (Godslayer)

Also, don't forget magnificent item world items might have value even if it otherwise sucks.

EDIT - and don't forget how variable mana conservation for focus staffs is.

This post has been edited by Kaosumx: May 3 2012, 19:43
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:44
Post #12
Evil Scorpio

● Public Enemy ●
Level 444 (Godslayer)

Also as long as I know some people prefer to use Power Armor of Balance, so it's not completely useless.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:47
Post #13
TheGreyPanther

Prowler
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(varst @ May 3 2012, 19:13) *

I personally don't think it's a good idea to interfere/give suggestions for what to sell in WTS. Too easy to produce significant impact.
Besides that most people will then duly throw away without thinking, which would be dangerous during patch changes.

It's also better to give suggestions based on playing style, like what I did in wiki. Evaluating through quality prefix is the worst option IMO; referring to equip ranges is always the best way to learn about the game.

1. I don't believe I have that kind of power. The list is more for my own use really.
2. I forget to write in the post that this guide will become almost completely useless after the next patch. I will add that shortly.
3. I'm not attempting to give advice on what equipment is useful to you (your are the expert on that). I'm trying to list what will sell to other people.
4. To look at ranges is indeed the best as I stated in the post but neither I nor the majority will bother to look at them for low quality items (not wrong as quality determined by attributes not the otherway around if i remember correctly).
QUOTE(Kaosumx @ May 3 2012, 19:16) *

Eh, valiant attempt, but the stuff that people want will differ, and just because it doesn't have the right suffix doesn't mean it isn't valuable, because of how variable base stat rolls are. Same thing with prefixes.

A better chart would try to set the minimum rolls for the stats, ie 32+ mdb for destruction staffs, with a combinations of blah blah blah, or 5x whatever + d for a slaughter weapon, or 3x+ for a non-slaughter, and set minimum proc chances and base amounts.

I think you should just leave people to their own devices though, but thanks anyways.

1. People throw away stuff based on quality prefix now (I know I do) better to have good general idea of what to throw away than just tossing everything in the Bazaar.
2. Not determing value of Equipment just what is worthwhile to make a thread and sell it in.
3. Table with attribute advice -> to much work
QUOTE(Coma @ May 3 2012, 19:19) *

What? That mean I have to throw over 100 Warding equipments into bazaar? Anyway, the list is pretty much confirm to my "Items for WTS" list.

Pretty much most Dampening, Stoneskin, and Deflection Fire-eater, Wind-waker, Storm-child, Frost-born are bazaar bait. Ox and Owl will go to bazaar if the stat bonus is not near max, Cheetah, Raccoon, Fox, and Turtle aint much as valuable.

Mjolnir and Freyr are also good for keep, due to the popularity of Giant and Dragonkin. Thrice-blessed and Spirit-ward are helpful to anyone starting on RoB Gods, though not much sale value if they keep SS and Spark up.

Dont know about Vampire and Banshee (but Banshee is very helpful for those who use SS and Spark often in grinds)

As for quality, sometimes you can sell average quality if the good stats happens to be in the crucial area: such as Base Weapon Damage, Critical Bonus, Physical Mitigation, etc. I would never want an Superior Ax of Slaughter if it concentrates higher stats on Accuracy but have lower Weapon Damage and Critical Bonus

Some positive feedback! Thank you! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
So staffs with Mjolnir and Freyr suffix should be secondary suffixes? For all staffs?
Yes as stated before looking at the important attributes is better but this is a lazy mans list (me) and most people are lazy obvious exceptions posted before you. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by TheGreyPanther: May 3 2012, 19:48
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 19:49
Post #14
Kaosumx

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Level 271 (Godslayer)

Lazy people solution = toss everything they don't use (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/duck.gif)
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 20:03
Post #15
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

There's no free lunch. Judging from prefix is not the good way to evaluate an equip's usefulness, and your list is aggravating the problem. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

And don't underestimate your power. People like to necro threads and ask stupid questions. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

And yes by the way, sometimes new players may want rare equips with lower quality/level, just because it's cheaper

This post has been edited by varst: May 3 2012, 20:06
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 20:08
Post #16
TheGreyPanther

Prowler
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Orange Crusher @ May 3 2012, 19:33) *

I kind of like the idea of the list, would have saved me a lot of time searching wts shops checking what items seem to sell most often.
Threads like these will help new players enter into the trading forums, because i know i hesitated a long time because i knew absolutely nothing beyond what i needed for my build.

Thank you! I searched for something like this to help me when I started setting up show and I hope this will lower the threeshold for opening a shop and increase the quality of the items for sale.
QUOTE(Kaosumx @ May 3 2012, 19:34) *

Also, cotton or leather of any prefix and suffix isn't worth anything outside of collection value if its legendary or item world if its flimsy.

I have seen Exquisite leather and cotton sold to low level player that don't know they are crap. But perhaps I should raise the min quality to magnificent which due to its rarity has value. Opinions?
I have written that flimsy is always valueable irrespecitive of what the equipment piece is.
QUOTE(varst @ May 3 2012, 19:42) *

Also, 2H weapons with 'balance' suffix isn't that good, and power armor is rarer than shield armor.

I know Balance isn't that good. It is a secondary choice atleast its better that Ox etcetera and for low level players with low hit rates it can be quite useful.
The order of the list is the same as in the Bazaar (the purpose is after all to use the list while tossing stuff in the bazaar).
In my experience Shield armor is rarer but perhaps I am wrong?
Should i lower the minimum quality for power?
QUOTE(Kaosumx @ May 3 2012, 19:43) *

Also, don't forget magnificent item world items might have value even if it otherwise sucks.

EDIT - and don't forget how variable mana conservation for focus staffs is.

Magnificent and Legendary is always valueable and you might notice that no Equipment has legendary Equipment as minimum quality.
Mana conservation is (if I remember correctly) completely independant of quality prefix and does not scale with level so for focus staffs Mana conservation determine the price but you don't want a focus staff if it is crap in all other ways.
QUOTE(Evil Scorpio @ May 3 2012, 19:44) *

Also as long as I know some people prefer to use Power Armor of Balance, so it's not completely useless.

Add Balance as secondary suffix for Power?
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 20:19
Post #17
Kaosumx

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Level 271 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(TheGreyPanther @ May 3 2012, 14:08) *

I have seen Exquisite leather and cotton sold to low level player that don't know they are crap. But perhaps I should raise the min quality to magnificent which due to its rarity has value. Opinions?
I have written that flimsy is always valueable irrespecitive of what the equipment piece is.

Magnificent and Legendary is always valueable and you might notice that no Equipment has legendary Equipment as minimum quality.

Cotton, leather - set minimum to magnificent. Don't encourage people to sell exquisishit to noobs.

Mana conservation is (if I remember correctly) completely independant of quality prefix and does not scale with level so for focus staffs Mana conservation determine the price but you don't want a focus staff if it is crap in all other ways.

You would want it to be as high as possible for prof grinding. If you want to use it for not prof grinding, then you would need to mention that it must have high base mdb and high conservation for it to be valuble. Put something about this in there. We don't want people thinking 5 percent mana conservation on their superior redwood staff is useful. Probably should raise the min quality for focus staffs to exquisite.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 20:20
Post #18
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

1. No, clothes and leather are useless.

2. Balance weapons are also quite useless. You won't compare to crap suffix (ox) and say it's useful.

3. Power armor is rarer than shield armor.

4. Mana conservation is one of the quality factors, so you can't say it's independent.

Seriously, if you are not sure about the mage part, why are you still making the list?
Remember that it's not the chat thread where you can say anything without (much) consequence.
It's your thread, and if you listed something you're unsure, ultimately you will be the one that get hurt.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 20:24
Post #19
varst

Level 478 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Kaosumx @ May 4 2012, 02:19) *

Don't encourage people to sell exquisishit to noobs.

That's why I'm against such lists. Noobs should learn the hard way.
Making a list for noobs will just induce their laziness. Again.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2012, 20:31
Post #20
TheGreyPanther

Prowler
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Kaosumx @ May 3 2012, 19:49) *

Lazy people solution = toss everything they don't use (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/duck.gif)

But then they deprive the rest of us of the wonderful equipment that have droped for them. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
QUOTE(varst @ May 3 2012, 20:03) *

There's no free lunch. Judging from prefix is not the good way to evaluate an equip's usefulness, and your list is aggravating the problem. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

And don't underestimate your power. People like to necro threads and ask stupid questions. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

And yes by the way, sometimes new players may want rare equips with lower quality/level, just because it's cheaper

Free lunch of low quality is better than no lunch at all. My contribution is to advice which restaurants to avoid to not get sick and not to recommend gourmet cooking estabilishments. I took your metarphore and made it extemely laboured but I hope my point come across.
Wow, I'm powerful! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
I'm do not accept responsiblity for what stupid people do with this thread when it has lost its usefulness and I have abandoned it and/or the hentaiverse. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
People will always ask stupid questions and I don't see anything wrong with that and I doubt you do either as you answer most of them. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
My minimum quality recommendation should be cheap enough but people will not listen that much to me (even with the power you have granted me) so items below my standards will be on sale. The ultimate cheap equipment is also possible to get. There are two threads that have Free Equipment. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 05:36