Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cartoons, What are you currently watching?

post Apr 3 2012, 16:35
Post #41
badmoonedition

Active Poster
Group: Members
Level 198 (Destined)

QUOTE(Ser6IjVolk @ Feb 16 2012, 10:03) *

WHY

I like watching it, too.
The show used to be great when I was young.
Unfortunately, it is starting to run down hill recently... (I still remember the Bat man song (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Apr 5 2012, 02:41
Post #42
Azraelgt

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-
Level 368 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(red23 @ Mar 31 2012, 05:23) *

Currently watching Legend of Korra and some retro toons like Centurions.

Centurions damn good cartoon, some classics that i liked and still do are:

Bionic Six, Inhumanoids and M.A.S.K.

Pity that the cartoon quality has decayed, i have watched regular show and adventure time very hectic and fresh comedy, but the drawings don't impress me.

Legend of Korra promised a lot, so i watched the first episode just for the benefit of a doubt, i was kind of expecting a fail like the movie, But i was proven wrong. It's a very good show seems to me like Dimartino is trying really hard to win back the fans the show lose because of that damned movie.

Recommendations as of now:

Transformers Prime and Green Lantern

Although not cartoons it seems to me that its where the animation is moving now.

Some older ones in CG animation that were quite good story wise where Beast Wars (3 Seasons)
+Quote Post

post Apr 7 2012, 01:53
Post #43
kingwolf

Gonna be a lot of shredded beef when I'm done with you
Level 370 (Destined)

In my opinion, Beast Wars was the best Transformers animation.
+Quote Post

post Apr 7 2012, 03:41
Post #44
elda88

Orang tuaku bodoh babi
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Besides Ben 10: Ultimate Alien & Atomic Betty: Mission Earth, it's The Amazing World of Gumball. It's finally started to grow on me. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Can't wait for Futurama Season 7.
+Quote Post

post Apr 12 2012, 17:07
Post #45
Azraelgt

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-
Level 368 (Godslayer)

Just saw the first episode of Legend of Korra,

Art -/10
Voices 10/10
Animation -/10
Characters: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Sound -/10

An extremely well made first episode imo, if you were a fan of the original Air bender this will bring fond memories and create good expectations, if you are new with the series is balanced enough to pay homage to the original characters without focusing on them, this series is after all new and will focus on that (at least that's the vibe i've got).

Highly recommended for all ages, i gave a - in art, animation and sound because its safer to have the experience of more episodes before passing judgment on them (as far as the first episode goes i would say 9), enjoy it everyone.
+Quote Post

post May 1 2012, 16:41
Post #46
Ser6IjVolk

Regular Poster
Level 440 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(hujan86 @ Apr 7 2012, 04:41) *

Ben 10: Ultimate Alien

Were you ever a fan of the original series? Because I feel like UA and AF were vastly inferior to it. The tone and the characters were changed to a point where it's unclear why they didn't just come up with a new cast.
+Quote Post

post May 2 2012, 09:42
Post #47
sasuke92

e-succubus
Level 15 (Novice)

QUOTE(Azraelgt @ Apr 12 2012, 11:07) *

Art -/10
Voices 10/10
Animation -/10
Sound -/10

An extremely well made first episode imo, if you were a fan of the original Air bender this will bring fond memories and create good expectations, if you are new with the series is balanced enough to pay homage to the original characters without focusing on them, this series is after all new and will focus on that (at least that's the vibe i've got).

Highly recommended for all ages, i gave a - in art, animation and sound because its safer to have the experience of more episodes before passing judgment on them (as far as the first episode goes i would say 9), enjoy it everyone.

Really?

I thought it was subpar.
+Quote Post

post May 4 2012, 17:27
Post #48
joseph joestar

Regular Poster
Level 160 (Lord)

I agree with Azraelgt's recommendations on 80's cartoons. Bionic Six is fantastic and it's a crime that it's not on DVD. Dr. Scarab is an awesome villain. He's kind of like if an internet troll was a James Bond villain.

I actually just watched a bunch of episodes from Transformers, GI Joe, and (cough)JEM(cough) since they're on Netflix. I hate to admit it, but JEM is kind of a guilty pleasure. The villains are such fucking assholes, and it's kind of amusing to see them do shit that would get even celebrities arrested IRL (attempted murder in public, etc.) and then get away without repercussions. This show totally would have pissed me off when I was a kid and didn't know that real life was exactly like that. The Misfits were a bunch of fucking assholes, and in the end were more effective at their job than Cobra Commander or Megatron.

Also, to cite a common gripe, I laughed my ass off at this part where the mostly white (and one token Azn) main characters dump the token black girl of the group on a handsome black guy and are essentially like "hey, you guys are black, you should totally go out" then run like hell. On the flipside, it was rather progressive for the main (totally whitebread) character to have a latino boyfriend. It was also awesome that the boyfriend didn't interject random Spanish words into every sentence to make him "realistic".
+Quote Post

post May 5 2012, 02:04
Post #49
Rail+S

Newcomer
Level 130 (Lord)

QUOTE(Ser6IjVolk @ May 1 2012, 16:41) *

Were you ever a fan of the original series? Because I feel like UA and AF were vastly inferior to it. The tone and the characters were changed to a point where it's unclear why they didn't just come up with a new cast.

Damn man That's exactly what I pointed out , both shows in general were a big failure , first series was better , 10 million aliens and he uses the same 13 ..stupid just plain stupid and the damn plot always lose the original narrative , it was trying sohard to be something but failed miserably , the orignal was defintelty better even the 3d animated one (destroy all aliens ) was worth watching (despite it was priorly connected to AF and UA) I'd take symbiotic titan and Generator rex (both shows made a whole lot of entertainmenmt value , were damn worth it ) anyday of the week instead of that crap (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post

post May 5 2012, 02:13
Post #50
Rail+S

Newcomer
Level 130 (Lord)

QUOTE(MishaLover @ Mar 12 2012, 07:06) *

Going to have to recommend Dan Vs.

It's on the Hub, a channel you ponyfans might be familiar with. I noticed the thread starter said he wasn't always in the mood of MLP's "brand of entertainment," so I thought he might like the show, since it's sort of MLP's foil.

MLP is about cute little ponies making friends and and resolving your differences peacefully in situations both mundane and fantastical, while Dan Vs. is about a rageaholic little man making enemies and setting out to get swift revenge against foes in situations both mundane and fantastical, oftentimes leaving a path of destruction in his wake. So it's sort of the yang to MLP's yin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGs32MUBBnI...349F67E5B461C96 --- Episode clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0n1WGHLmCw ---- Dan Vs. Pinkie Pie

Other shows I enjoy are Wakfu (French cartoon, based off an MMORPG with a SRPG playstyle,) Thundercats (season two starts later this month!) Adventure Time, Gumball, Regular Show.

Also, I guess I'm the only other guy on this thread who liked Invader Zim....

Is anyone looking forward to The Legend of Korra, the sequel to the Last Airbender series? I'm trying not to get myself too hyped up for it, but every clip I see makes it look better and better.

Actually have been watching the show , tuned in every saturday night for it on HUB , show is pretty damn hilarious hahaha , legend of korra is pretty good actually , different but not bad at all , though ther ep length could be 45 mins instead of a measly 30 , always felt like they had more to show (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

post May 5 2012, 02:26
Post #51
Rail+S

Newcomer
Level 130 (Lord)

Watched a good amount of cartoons but most of them consists of the saturday / sunday block like Avengers , Ultimate Spider-man (kind of dissapointed it went for slapstick comedy w/ action instead of a dark-toned theme filled with action and drama much like the original comics story) but whatever , least avengers kind of looked much better , had a ep length boost to a full extra 7 mins which was pretty good , Transformers prime was has very nice story , Iron -man armored adventures , seen other programs (some you've probably never even heard of )
+Quote Post

post May 5 2012, 15:03
Post #52
joseph joestar

Regular Poster
Level 160 (Lord)

Samurai Pizza Cats is finally getting a DVD release in the US. Hell yes.
+Quote Post

post May 5 2012, 15:29
Post #53
Zoro the Gallade

Regular Poster
Level 114 (Ascended)

I've never been to big on cartoons, both anime and western, but I always *loved* the saturday morning Marvel cartoons.Spider-Man, F4, Hulk...Pity that the Italian dub sometimes bordered between funny and sloppy, expecially in the opening themes.I mean, some had no lyrics to begin with, and they had to shoehorn a weird beat and long lyrics in.
US:
*Kick-ass guitar and drums opening*

ITA:

This post has been edited by Zoro the Gallade: May 5 2012, 15:30
+Quote Post

post May 8 2012, 02:09
Post #54
Sancho_Panza

Veteran Poster
Level 363 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Zoro the Gallade @ May 5 2012, 09:29) *

I've never been to big on cartoons, both anime and western, but I always *loved* the saturday morning Marvel cartoons.Spider-Man, F4, Hulk...Pity that the Italian dub sometimes bordered between funny and sloppy, expecially in the opening themes.I mean, some had no lyrics to begin with, and they had to shoehorn a weird beat and long lyrics in.
US:

ITA:

Damn!! That was more like a music video than an intro to a show!
Yeah, it's funny how international versions of cartoons take liberties with show intros. Anyone remember the German intro for the Mega Man cartoon?

+Quote Post

post May 9 2012, 11:50
Post #55
Soarin M

Soaring in the skies
Level 112 (Lord)

i tend to watch cartoons from the past only.
cartoons that i loved.
like batman TAS, gargoyles, the 90s marvel cartoons. TMNT. bravestar, silver-fucking-hawks (where the FUCK is my 34 on melodia?)
+Quote Post

post May 13 2012, 22:46
Post #56
nooneshome

Casual Poster
Level 169 (Destined)

QUOTE(Azraelgt @ Apr 12 2012, 17:07) *

Art -/10
Voices 10/10
Animation -/10
Sound -/10

I still like the Last Airbender better.
However, I do agree with you.
Korra gave me a feeling a watching Batman Beyond, who can bend elements!
+Quote Post

post May 13 2012, 23:00
Post #57
Mags_

Reclaimer of my name
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Just downloaded most of the Powerpuff Girls.

I love Buttercup.
+Quote Post

post May 17 2012, 10:27
Post #58
Soarin M

Soaring in the skies
Level 112 (Lord)

QUOTE(rainbowmagnum @ May 13 2012, 23:00) *

Just downloaded most of the Powerpuff Girls.

I love Buttercup.

if someone doesnt love her i would kill him.

buttercup is THE reason to watch PPG
+Quote Post

post May 18 2012, 03:02
Post #59
linklonk

Newcomer
Level 20 (Apprentice)

Watching reboot... I don't remember the animation it being this janky
+Quote Post

post May 19 2012, 01:25
Post #60
joseph joestar

Regular Poster
Level 160 (Lord)

I haven't watched Reboot in ages. Probably need to check it out on Netflix.

I've been watching Young Justice; fun series. Not quite as good as the DCAU stuff, but it's nice to see the "real" DC characters after they fucked up everything with the reboot.
+Quote Post

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:12