Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DarkSpooky's Thread, The thread of an unremarkable rookie translator/newbie editor...

post Nov 18 2011, 00:05
Post #1
DarkSpooky

Newcomer
Group: Members

Greetings! Thought that since I've translated, edited and posted some stuff here at e-hentai, I might as well, uh, raise my tent here, so to speak XD . Hope that's okay...

So, guess I should introduce myself or something? Well, not much to tell, I'm just a guy who has learned japanese to some degree (self-taught), but is certainly no pro... And yet somehow got into his head to put what he'd learned to use by translating doujins since a short while back (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif).

Though my skills may be somewhat poor and my tools (or my way of handling those at least) crude, I plan to continue translating stuff for fun and hope people'll enjoy it (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

As for what kind of stuff I translate... Well I'm usually drawn to stuff I already like & is familiar with, so you'll probably see mostly doujins from me. As for content, well... Internet has throughly corrupted me, so I don't mind most stuff - in fact, as many may have concluded from seeing the stuff I've worked with, I do actually prefer to work with some of the more kinky/hardcore stuff such as BDSM, mind control, rape, brainwashing, "Training", NC, etc... I do draw the limit at a few things though - Snuff is a no-no for me, as is most forms of guro. Excessive use of scat, such as in some of the works of hakueki shobou, can also be where I draw the limit. I'm also not usually very enthusiastic about working with loli, shota and yaoi, but I can do it if I want.

Not doing any requests or bounties yet, though I may pick up one or two in the future should it appeal to me. For the time being, I just translate stuff that has caught my interest (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Currently working on/In progress:
[Alice.Blood] 洗脳教育室~ブラックマ☆シャンガール編~ (55% done)
[Kichiku Koubou] 風の谷の尻穴出産 (30% done)
+ a couple other I've only lightly touched on, plus there's of course my constant work on miscellaneous pics for my assorted translated pics collection.

Future projects/projects I want to do but have yet to start on:
[純禁] 堕落ノ王
[納屋] オブジェにされた王女様・奴隷になった王妃様 (maybe)
Plus a few other ones... Plus, I do have the goal of eventually translating all the complete works of Sisak that I've uploaded so far...

This post has been edited by DarkSpooky: Mar 8 2012, 16:36
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2011, 15:56
Post #2
rookie84

Translator Errant
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 308 (Godslayer)

I see from your latest release that you've recently switched to using GIMP, which is great! Always nice to see another GIMP user around. However, I've got to agree with Super Shanko that choosing fonts more suitable to comics would go a long way towards improving the overall product. I've attached a few fonts that you might consider for your future uploads.

Attached File  DarkSpooky.zip ( 335.79k ) Number of downloads: 38

Wild Words is the standard font used by most scanlation groups and is very highly recommended. I would suggest sticking with this one until you're more comfortable with your editing skills. If you like fonts that also use lowercase, Komika Text is quite nice, and I believe it's used by the group translating Nana to Kaoru. CCComicrazy is also pretty good. I've also added my current choice, Blambot Casual, in case you might want to use it as well. Hope you find this helpful.
+Quote Post

post Dec 21 2011, 01:01
Post #3
DarkSpooky

Newcomer

QUOTE(rookie84 @ Dec 11 2011, 14:56) *

I see from your latest release that you've recently switched to using GIMP, which is great! Always nice to see another GIMP user around. However, I've got to agree with Super Shanko that choosing fonts more suitable to comics would go a long way towards improving the overall product. I've attached a few fonts that you might consider for your future uploads.

Attached File  DarkSpooky.zip ( 335.79k ) Number of downloads: 38

Wild Words is the standard font used by most scanlation groups and is very highly recommended. I would suggest sticking with this one until you're more comfortable with your editing skills. If you like fonts that also use lowercase, Komika Text is quite nice, and I believe it's used by the group translating Nana to Kaoru. CCComicrazy is also pretty good. I've also added my current choice, Blambot Casual, in case you might want to use it as well. Hope you find this helpful.

Oh... Thanks a lot! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I've download & installe'em. Will start putting them to use, though I'll keep using the front I'm using right now for the works that are still in the "in progress"-stage, at least, so you'll have to endure that a little bit more, I'm afraid ^^;;.
+Quote Post

post Dec 21 2011, 03:00
Post #4
Beryl

Faaaaabulous!
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 295 (Godslayer)

I am a bit partial to using Segoe Print =3
+Quote Post

post Dec 21 2011, 04:52
Post #5
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Level 199 (Lord)

I like to mix it up sometimes and do something completely different depending on how the manga looks. It's just always tough to find "right" font until you've seen someone else use it :/
+Quote Post

post Dec 21 2011, 14:42
Post #6
DarkSpooky

Newcomer

Well, I admit that I'm a bit neutral on the whole font issuse. To me, the most important thing is and remains that the translated work can be read - preferrable clearly - so "style" and "artistic approaches" or whatever one should call it comes second. That's good enough... I hope (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) .

I've taken a look at those fonts though. I'm honestly not sure if I'll be using'em much though. I mean, if I think about it, I think I originally went with Sans Bold (which I now most commonly use) because it seemed like a soild, easily readable font to use, so... Well, Sans Bold feels like the best choice for CG collections at least, but I may well experiment around with using the fonts from rookie84 when working on doujins/manga (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Mar 8 2012, 16:40
Post #7
DarkSpooky

Newcomer

Updated the Currently Working On part of the first post since I finished "Record of Slave Elf War 2" at long last and updated with the next one I'm currently focusing on (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .
+Quote Post

post Sep 10 2013, 19:20
Post #8
tom.cat

Lurker
Group: Recruits

DarkSpooky, did you finish translate Kichiku Kobou work?
+Quote Post

post Oct 6 2013, 07:08
Post #9
rhudson765

Active Poster
Level 241 (Journeyman)

Pleased check my bounties
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 02:44