Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random translation help

post Nov 7 2011, 02:27
Post #1
PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore

Veteran Poster
Group: Members
Level 54 (Expert)

I plan to use this thread in the future if necessary, and others are welcome to as well. And, without further ado...

迷宮の地下で繋がれているよりはマシだろうって。。。
I'm effing lost on this. The context might help, but it's just a weird sentence, to me. I'd elaborate on why right now, but I'd rather not color anyone's interpretation.

Context (the previous two lines in the same frame of reference):
色々あって今はコイツ剣士レオンの相棒をしている
自由になる為に不本意ながら主従の契約という形ではあるけれどね
(Just in case: I don't need any help with these lines.)

There's a couple of other lines that might be related, but I doubt are. I think the lines above are what it springs from, and I've made an assumption at the moment as to what it's supposed to mean, but I'd really like to hear anyone else's take on it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Nov 7 2011, 08:51
Post #2
N04h

N04h_the_sheep
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 183 (Lord)

迷宮の地下で繋がれているよりはマシだろうって。。。
it's still better than being chained under the labyrinth

+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 08:43
Post #3
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Level 365 (Godslayer)

There are few bubbles we have trouble understanding here. Note that while this was a translation from an (official!) Chinese release, the Chinese release was based on a Japanese version. We would love if a Japanese speaker could look at the Japanese bubbles in question and help us finish the translation.

For your convenience:

discussion of problematic parts of translation
https://e-hentai.org/g/397019/c0a1c4eec6/ (CH)
Up to page 117: translation of Japanese RAW which can be found at https://e-hentai.org/g/107613/6761c8ad64/
After p.117, btw, the CH story has no J source I was able to locate

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Nov 14 2011, 08:43
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 09:08
Post #4
PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore

Veteran Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

I see the CE script includes the original Chinese text...so could you copy the particular lines (from the Chinese raw), plus page numbers, that you're concerned with to this thread? I find it difficult to tell what you're trying to figure out for sure, and then where those lines are.
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 09:28
Post #5
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Level 365 (Godslayer)

1. P.17

我自然而然的說出了極盡羞辱的話
I speak shamefully automatically.

issue: sounds bad. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

2. p.23
我將被當成淫蕩的雌性生物解放
I will be liberated as an erotic feminine creature...

issue: sounds terrible. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

3. same page
妳就在某個地方 徹底的 被他們改造過了
You were being modified entirely at one place.

issue: sounds bad. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

4. p. 26
妳這個失禁女
You incontinent woman...

issue: sounds bad, need a synonym for incontinent. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

6. P.82
都頂到腸子了
Your cock is pounding my intestines...

issue: sounds bad, need a synonym for intestines. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

7. P.86
妳現在已經沒資格當女警啦
The Coke mixed with your body fluid. Huh-huh-huh, you are incapable to be a police woman.

issue: second part sounds bad. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

page numbers for CH org, are very similar to J (add 2 or 1)

more details as to how we tried to fix some of that in the linked thread

I hope this helps,

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Nov 14 2011, 09:29
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 10:18
Post #6
PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore

Veteran Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

I'm not necessarily trying to make these sound pretty...you can handle that.

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Nov 14 2011, 01:28) *

1. P.17

我自然而然的說出了極盡羞辱的話
I speak shamefully automatically.

This connects from the previous sentence, and makes a little more sense with that, so...
prev: As though I was taught (it/how) (by someone)
from quote: words demanding my rape spill from my lips.
The "spill from my lips" is me being fancy. "Come out (of her mouth)".
Where I said "rape", it's fully: "(1) insult; affront; disgrace; indignity; (2) sexual assault; rape".
And "demand" is a verbalized noun, fully: "demand; firm request; requisition; requirement; desire;".
...You guys can use this information to fit that line best for your story. I'll give you clues, and I may work fairly hard to find those clues, but there's a certain point where I balk at doing more work. =/

2. p.23
我將被當成淫蕩的雌性生物解放
I will be liberated as an erotic feminine creature...

issue: sounds terrible. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

The lewd, female (/bitch) me is (gradually) being released.
...Female is female animal, so it sounds worse in Japanese than in English (if you just use "female").

3. same page
妳就在某個地方 徹底的 被他們改造過了
You were being modified entirely at one place.

At a certain place, you were thoroughly trained.

4. p. 26
妳這個失禁女
You incontinent woman...

issue: sounds bad, need a synonym for incontinent. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

For the (incontinent) girl...
It should be like the next line (next page). Synonyms: bed-wetter (/wettng), leaky, peeing...I don't think the Japanese has to mean "incontinent", as such.

6. P.82
都頂到腸子了
Your cock is pounding my intestines...

issue: sounds bad, need a synonym for intestines. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

...Intestines/bowels...reach...
You can fix it up as well as I can, but it's still a somewhat incomplete sentence. You might also use "colon", colon being part of the large intestine...I'm not rightly sure what parts of the digestive/excretory system are normal (safe?) fare for anal sex.

7. P.86
妳現在已經沒資格當女警啦
The Coke mixed with your body fluid. Huh-huh-huh, you are incapable to be a police woman.

issue: second part sounds bad. How would one translate the j org to make it sound good in English?

The second part: ...a failure of/as a police woman.

This post has been edited by PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore: Nov 14 2011, 10:20
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 10:36
Post #7
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Level 199 (Lord)

I have a quick little one. third panel, round bubble with heart, Rookie has it as "I'll expand this with Cusco so it's fine--" and when I compared it D-M's, it too basically mentions stretching so is there a better way to re-word it.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 11:08
Post #8
PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore

Veteran Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

QUOTE(Super Shanko @ Nov 14 2011, 02:36) *

I have a quick little one. third panel, round bubble with heart, Rookie has it as "I'll expand this with Cusco so it's fine--" and when I compared it D-M's, it too basically mentions stretching so is there a better way to re-word it.

[ja.wikipedia.org] http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%86%A3%E9%8F%A1
Cusco is a type of speculum, but it's also a common way they're known. In all likelihood, then, the doujin means speculum more than Cusco. "I'll expand it/you with a speculum, so it'll be fine~. <3" is about how I'd call it. "Dilate" is also entirely viable in place of "expand", if you'd like.

This post has been edited by PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore: Nov 14 2011, 11:12
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 11:15
Post #9
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Level 199 (Lord)

Hmm.... when you put it like that, I'll just keep it then. I was alittle weary, when I looked up Cusco, I kept getting a [www.google.com] South Eastern city =P
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 19:05
Post #10
wr4st3r

Active Poster
Level 302 (Godslayer)

Hey guys, how are you doing?

I'm still working (proofreading the last part of the translation atm, but hopefully that will be done by tonight, then it's SFX) on the translation for volume 1 of Potemayo, but with my Japanese being pretty poor and my English not exactly top notch, I found myself kind of stuck, so I decided to post here and ask for help.

Since I accepted a bounty for the volume, and it's more than a couple of quick sentences giving me a hard time, I think it'd be only fair that I share the bounty with those who give me a hand.
Maybe Red_Piotrus (he posted the bounty) can see how to get this done, or I think (never actually done it) I can simply send the credits/haths via HV tools after the bounty gets claimed and accepted.

Well, here's the stuff, hope you guys can spare a couple of minutes and share your thoughts. I'll try to be as clear as possible with the parts I'm struggling with.

- Page 3
淫獄法廷一転落ちのクーイン

Being that it's not only the title of the first story, but also the first thing in the whole volume, I can just say it's embarassing lol. Still, I cannot find an effective way to translate 「淫獄法廷」.
Checked some other works with the same word (淫獄) in their titles, but translators seemed to just leave the title as it is. Once it was translated with "lewd prison", which would be fine I guess, but what with the courtroom (法廷)?
I really cannot put this into English. :<

- Page 52
その後は生本番でいきまくり

生本番 is what I cannot understand here. Does 「生本」 stand for Ikumoto/Ikemoto, a guy's surname, and 「番」 for his turn?
I don't really think it is, there's no mention of this guy in the work, not even in the lists of Meitantei Conan/Case Closed characters I checked (but he might be a secondary character I am unaware of). Pretty sure I'm missing something here.

- Page 77
遅咲きの桜が狂い咲くが如く、

I can't seem to make sense of 如く.
「遅咲きの桜が狂い咲く」 is easy enough, something like "The late cherry blossoms bloomed out of season", but what does 「如く」 means there? Is it a verb (しく, 'to match') or is it an adverb (ごとく, 'as if')?
In either case, I don't get it. Boy, I'm bad. :<

- Page 78
結局、やってることは一緒ですが。

Translating this sentece should be easy enough, but I really cannot grasp what Karakuribee means here.
Is that he always ends up doing the same things?

This page just showed me how bad I am lol.
Even if understanding what it was about wasn't that much of an issue (basically they decided to reopen activities for their Mengerekun group, and named the volume Potemayo) getting it into proper English proved too much for me, and there so many things I don't get.

10周年記念本ですっかりやる気が戻ってしまい、

In 「10周年記念本で」, I get it's like they're celebrating the 10th anniversary, but what does 「本」 stand for?

「今までの流れとネーミングセンスが何か違うのでは?」という声が聞こえてきそうですが、変わってないです

I don't really get what's the grammar behind 「てきそう」, nor whether the guy's just talking to himself (whose voice is that otherwise lol) about the fact that nothing changed with his "naming sense". Oh man... :/

「ノリ」で付けましたんで。。。

Uh... what.

いつもこのデンです

I just hope 「デン」 stays for like 'tradition', and that he's talking about the 「瓢箪から駒」 saying (which I didn't know, that was fun!) he mentioned in the first line lol.

Well it's all I guess. I'm sorry about the wall of text, but I really didn't have much choice... Hope it's not too heavy on the eyes lol. I'll be here if more contest is needed, though I don't think it's the case.

Thanks in advance guys!
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 20:43
Post #11
PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore

Veteran Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

QUOTE(wr4st3r @ Nov 14 2011, 11:05) *

Since I accepted a bounty for the volume, and it's more than a couple of quick sentences giving me a hard time, I think it'd be only fair that I share the bounty with those who give me a hand.
Maybe Red_Piotrus (he posted the bounty) can see how to get this done, or I think (never actually done it) I can simply send the credits/haths via HV tools after the bounty gets claimed and accepted.

No, thank you. For me, at least, if it's so much work that I want some payment, I won't do it without setting that up first...or I won't do it at all (I simply may never answer the post).

Being that it's not only the title of the first story, but also the first thing in the whole volume, I can just say it's embarassing lol. Still, I cannot find an effective way to translate 「淫獄法廷」.
Checked some other works with the same word (淫獄) in their titles, but translators seemed to just leave the title as it is. Once it was translated with "lewd prison", which would be fine I guess, but what with the courtroom (法廷)?
I really cannot put this into English. :<

There's a work titled (by the author, Japanese) "Lust Prison" (in English) , and a couple of the titles then use 'ingoku', so ...that's coming straight from a Japanese person, if you like. Of course, he's Japanese, and probably doesn't know English all that well, but that's still apparently what he decided best fit what he had in mind with that phrase.

You could call 法廷 a tribunal. It has less of a feel of an actual room, and more leeway for (possibly) amateur justice, which might fit your story and isn't so at odds with the prison part.

生本番 is what I cannot understand here. Does 「生本」 stand for Ikumoto/Ikemoto, a guy's surname, and 「番」 for his turn?
I don't really think it is, there's no mention of this guy in the work, not even in the lists of Meitantei Conan/Case Closed characters I checked (but he might be a secondary character I am unaware of). Pretty sure I'm missing something here.

I think 'nama' just means "raw/unprotected/no condom", and 'honban' is "actual/real sex", so to speak (mostly vaginal, I think). ...Bareback is a good word, too.

I can't seem to make sense of 如く.
「遅咲きの桜が狂い咲く」 is easy enough, something like "The late cherry blossoms bloomed out of season", but what does 「如く」 means there? Is it a verb (しく, 'to match') or is it an adverb (ごとく, 'as if')?
In either case, I don't get it. Boy, I'm bad. :<

There's a game(s) called Yakuza in English, but they started out as Ryuu ga Gotoku. Plug phrases into Google. If you don't know how to pronounce something, and there's two possible ways, try including some of the stuff around it in your search (here, "如く") and examine the results.

...So, it looks like 'ga gotoku' is very possible, though all I knew off the top of my head was 'no gotoku'. I saw examples of 'shiku' that used 'ni' for particles, but that doesn't mean I can rule out 'ga' completely. Either way, though, they're very similar words, so it doesn't matter that much.

Short answer: probably 'gotoku'.

Translating this sentece should be easy enough, but I really cannot grasp what Karakuribee means here.
Is that he always ends up doing the same things?

That page (on a very quick examination, sure) doesn't seem to have 'karakuri' or 'bee' (??) anywhere in it. The only kanji in your quote was 'kekkyoku'.

No offense, but...wtf?

In 「10周年記念本で」, I get it's like they're celebrating the 10th anniversary, but what does 「本」 stand for?

How about "book"? =P

I don't really get what's the grammar behind 「てきそう」, nor whether the guy's just talking to himself (whose voice is that otherwise lol) about the fact that nothing changed with his "naming sense". Oh man... :/

'kikoetekisou': 聞こえて来そう. Maybe "I feel like I can" or "I can almost" "hear a voice [saying all that]".

Uh... what.

乗り, basically mood; flow of the moment, often like spirit of a joke/festive atmosphere. You might often see 'nori (ga) ii' (e.g., plays along with a joke, or joins in a cheery atmosphere (?)) or 'nori (ga) warui" (basically "party pooper"; not responding well to cheer, or to jokes). That's the idea.

...'tsukeru' refers to giving the book its name (attaching the name).

I just hope 「デン」 stays for like 'tradition', and that he's talking about the 「瓢箪から駒」 saying (which I didn't know, that was fun!) he mentioned in the first line lol.

'den': "(1) legend; tradition; (2) biography; life; (3) method; way; (4) horseback transportation and communication relay system used in ancient Japan".

Tradition works, but so does method/way, just as well if not better. I don't know where 瓢箪から駒 came from... >_>
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 21:58
Post #12
wr4st3r

Active Poster
Level 302 (Godslayer)

Thank you so much for the quick and very exhaustive answer People, you don't know how much it helped!

QUOTE(PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore @ Nov 14 2011, 21:43) *

No, thank you. For me, at least, if it's so much work that I want some payment, I won't do it without setting that up first...or I won't do it at all (I simply may never answer the post).

I appreciate it, it's just that having accepted the bounty, I felt I had to address the thing, since I wasn't able to complete the translation by myself...

There's a work titled (by the author, Japanese) "Lust Prison" (in English) , and a couple of the titles then use 'ingoku', so ...that's coming straight from a Japanese person, if you like. Of course, he's Japanese, and probably doesn't know English all that well, but that's still apparently what he decided best fit what he had in mind with that phrase.

You could call 法廷 a tribunal. It has less of a feel of an actual room, and more leeway for (possibly) amateur justice, which might fit your story and isn't so at odds with the prison part.

Sounds great, 'Lust tribunal' might do the trick!

I think 'nama' just means "raw/unprotected/no condom", and 'honban' is "actual/real sex", so to speak (mostly vaginal, I think). ...Bareback is a good word, too.

Screw me and Ikumoto (whoever he is lol) it was just the other way around and the thought didn't even cross my mind. Damn...

There's a game(s) called Yakuza in English, but they started out as Ryuu ga Gotoku. Plug phrases into Google. If you don't know how to pronounce something, and there's two possible ways, try including some of the stuff around it in your search (here, "如く") and examine the results.

...So, it looks like 'ga gotoku' is very possible, though all I knew off the top of my head was 'no gotoku'. I saw examples of 'shiku' that used 'ni' for particles, but that doesn't mean I can rule out 'ga' completely. Either way, though, they're very similar words, so it doesn't matter that much.

Short answer: probably 'gotoku'.

I didn't really know about Yakuza's title (well and about gotoku too), nice reference! Thanks, and I'll make sure to follow your suggestion! :>

That page (on a very quick examination, sure) doesn't seem to have 'karakuri' or 'bee' (??) anywhere in it. The only kanji in your quote was 'kekkyoku'.

No offense, but...wtf?

I'm just stupid, I assumed the capital letter would... I'm sorry :E

Karakuribee is the author, kekkyoku is of course part of that sentence I couldn't grasp.

How about "book"? =P

Oh... Gosh, it's like the first thing you learn lol.

'den': "(1) legend; tradition; (2) biography; life; (3) method; way; (4) horseback transportation and communication relay system used in ancient Japan".

Tradition works, but so does method/way, just as well if not better. I don't know where 瓢箪から駒 came from... >_>

I'm sorry, I assumed it was kind of known, maybe it was not...

From what I gathered, 瓢箪から駒, literally a horse from a gourd, stands for something very unexpected, or something said as a jokes which actually happens.

In the first line he's basically like "When they say 瓢箪から駒, it's really something like this...", then towards the end (the "den" part) he refers to that saying ('it's always this way', as you put it). Well that's what I came up with at least, not sure if it's good.

This post has been edited by wr4st3r: Nov 14 2011, 21:59
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 22:44
Post #13
PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore

Veteran Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

QUOTE(wr4st3r @ Nov 14 2011, 13:58) *

Karakuribee is the author, kekkyoku is of course part of that sentence I couldn't grasp.

Oh, I see what you meant, then.

I'm going to guess it's more like "they" (we). The previous line says how this book turned into a new series, and then..."Although, in the end, (we're (still) doing/it's) the same thing." more or less.
From what I gathered, 瓢箪から駒, literally a horse from a gourd, stands for something very unexpected, or something said as a jokes which actually happens.

In the first line he's basically like "When they say 瓢箪から駒, it's really something like this...", then towards the end (the "den" part) he refers to that saying ('it's always this way', as you put it). Well that's what I came up with at least, not sure if it's good.

1) It looks to me like they're in separate paragraphs, so I wouldn't be inclined to draw parallels across all that space.
2) I think he's just referring to 'nori' and that recent stuff, not all the way back to the beginning. "That's how it always is/how I always do it (by 'nori')."
Edit: Oh! It says, 'kono den', right? Not 'sono'. That should really imply something closer than not ('nori' more than 瓢箪から駒). I think...IMO. =P

This post has been edited by PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore: Nov 14 2011, 22:49
+Quote Post

post Nov 14 2011, 23:22
Post #14
cheesey

Active Poster
Level 284 (Godslayer)

瓢箪から駒:

意外な所から意外な物が出ること。ふざけて言ったことが実現することのたとえ。

So yes, what you gathered was right, but I think 'den', if it does means tradition or way of doing something, refers actually to his habit of naming things on the fly, as PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore has stated above. Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure that would be the case, since it'd make more sense because he was accused of his naming sense having changed, and so he says that he has been naming things how he's always been naming things.
Though I commend you for tackling an 80-pager, if you were roped into translating the author's comments, then be sure to have a skim of the whole doujin first, especially the author's notes, to see if you are actually able to translate it before you actually start. Luckily PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore was kind enough to basically translate that page for you. Though I'd understand the frustration if you went nearly 80 pages without many problems and got stuck on one page...

This post has been edited by cheesey: Nov 14 2011, 23:28
+Quote Post

post Nov 15 2011, 00:16
Post #15
wr4st3r

Active Poster
Level 302 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore @ Nov 14 2011, 23:44) *

Oh, I see what you meant, then.

I'm going to guess it's more like "they" (we). The previous line says how this book turned into a new series, and then..."Although, in the end, (we're (still) doing/it's) the same thing." more or less.

I read the thing again, and I think both of them could work, though (just like you) I am more inclined towards "we", as in the previous sentence he mentions his/their work being published, and that should also imply the works by the other authors.

QUOTE(PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore @ Nov 14 2011, 23:44) *

1) It looks to me like they're in separate paragraphs, so I wouldn't be inclined to draw parallels across all that space.
2) I think he's just referring to 'nori' and that recent stuff, not all the way back to the beginning. "That's how it always is/how I always do it (by 'nori')."
Edit: Oh! It says, 'kono den', right? Not 'sono'. That should really imply something closer than not ('nori' more than 瓢箪から駒). I think...IMO. =P

QUOTE(cheesey @ Nov 15 2011, 00:22) *

瓢箪から駒:

意外な所から意外な物が出ること。ふざけて言ったことが実現することのたとえ。

So yes, what you gathered was right, but I think 'den', if it does means tradition or way of doing something, refers actually to his habit of naming things on the fly, as PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore has stated above. Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure that would be the case, since it'd make more sense because he was accused of his naming sense having changed, and so he says that he has been naming things how he's always been naming things.

Yeah, it has to be like that, it feels way more natural when reading it. I also came up with den referring to 瓢箪から駒 before People explained that passage to me, so I guess I just went with what sounded bes/made sense under that scenario. Pretty much a granted that couldn't work lol.

QUOTE(cheesey @ Nov 15 2011, 00:22) *

Though I commend you for tackling an 80-pager, if you were roped into translating the author's comments, then be sure to have a skim of the whole doujin first, especially the author's notes, to see if you are actually able to translate it before you actually start. Luckily PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore was kind enough to basically translate that page for you. Though I'd understand the frustration if you went nearly 80 pages without many problems and got stuck on one page...

Thing is at first I wasn't even sure to complete the work: I just wanted to practice, so I didn't pay much attention to the authors' notes and kept going with the stories. Luckily it wasn't that hard even for me, so I contacted the poster and asked for details when I was nearly done with the stories. That's were i learnt about the notes and where I basically got stuck. And I still have to do SFX, that's gonna hurt lol.

So... yeah, in hindsight not really the best pick, especially with all the stuff I wasn't able to understand. :< Might as well just finish what I started at this point, though...

Oh I forgot to mention ask this, but... when they go like 「。。。(汗)」, does it really imply sweating? I mean, sort of an emoticon, ^^" and such.
+Quote Post

post Nov 15 2011, 00:24
Post #16
cheesey

Active Poster
Level 284 (Godslayer)

Oh I forgot to mention ask this, but... when they go like 「。。。(汗)」, does it really imply sweating? I mean, sort of an emoticon, ^^" and such.

Yes, those characters in brackets are emoticons. So (汗) is *sweat drop* or ^^" as you said and (笑) would be 'lol' or 'haha'.
+Quote Post

post Nov 15 2011, 04:36
Post #17
wr4st3r

Active Poster
Level 302 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cheesey @ Nov 15 2011, 01:24) *

Yes, those characters in brackets are emoticons. So (汗) is *sweat drop* or ^^" as you said and (笑) would be 'lol' or 'haha'.

Yeah, glad I didn't just make that up lol. The "w" (like, lol etc) japanese add when chatting comes from warau too if I am not mistaken.

Thanks for the help cheesey, much appreciated!

This post has been edited by wr4st3r: Nov 15 2011, 04:36
+Quote Post

post Nov 19 2011, 00:24
Post #18
N04h

N04h_the_sheep
Level 183 (Lord)

I just saw this thread. PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore has got it right.

生本番 (nama honban) means to have sex without protection (condom etc).

如く (gotoku) means to be like something. e.g. 竜の如く

Karakuribee is the name of the author.

10周年記念本 book celebrating our 10th aniversary

声が聞こえてきそうで I can almost hear the voices of...

ノリ hard to explain, similar to 'energy'

瓢箪から駒 you normally don't expect a koma (shogi piece) from a gourd, so it means to have something unexpected to happen.
+Quote Post

post Nov 26 2011, 04:27
Post #19
Alberto1

That doesn't help us at all!
Level 11 (Novice)

What does 常に更新 mean?
edit: it's from some software, it doesn't do anything I can notice.

This post has been edited by Alberto1: Nov 26 2011, 04:55
+Quote Post

post Nov 26 2011, 05:48
Post #20
PeopleDon'tDanceNoMore

Veteran Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

[translate.google.com] http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab...%9B%B4%E6%96%B0
Looks good to me.
+Quote Post

416 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:12