57 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.6.0, Now with 10% less code

post Jul 10 2011, 12:50
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Rewrite

The core systems of the HentaiVerse have undergone a major rewrite in order to enable future functionality and untangle three years of random hacks and additions.

Among the biggest changes is that players and monsters now share a common stat system, which means that monsters now have all the stats players have.

Note that if you encounter any major changes that are not listed here - and I don't mean like something healing for one less point per turn - drop a post about it and I'll check if it's something that was left out of the patch notes, a bug that was fixed, or a bug that was introduced.

Also note that very little code was left untouched by this update, and while I've spent close to a week testing stuff, there are very likely bugs left. Report any here.

Stat Changes

- Due to the rewrite, all bonuses to what is considered percentage skills that would naturally be between 0% and 100% are now added multiplicatively. Specifically, this affects accuracy, avoidance and mitigation stats.

- Attack and Magic Accuracy increased from 75% to 80% base. Every 10 points of DEX/WIS adds a 1.0% bonus while every 10 points of AGI/INT adds a +0.5% bonus.
-- Obviously, this means that Accuracy can no longer be increased naturally to 100% or above, even with spells. A few consumables can however still do this.

- Attack and Magic Crit Chance increased from 3% to 5% base.

- Cloth Armor magical mitigation bonus increased from 0.05/point to 0.07/point.

- Light Armor resist bonus increased from 0.05/point to 0.07/point.

- Heavy Armor physical mitigation bonuses increased from 0.05/point to 0.07/point.

- The "unarmed" fighting style now has a native +50% attack accuracy. (Mostly intended to help new players.)

Equipment Changes

- The old and barely used Physical damagetype has been changed into Void damage. New Ethereal weapons will drop with this damagetype, which all monsters have neutral mitigation against.
-- There will be a way to upgrade old Ethereal gear in the future.
-- Curiously, this means that the old Hulk armor now has bonus mitigation against Void damage. Not that anything is using it. Yet.

- New battlecaster weapons have received a fairly significant upgrade:
-- Interference is now zeroed out entirely.
-- Two-handed Battlecaster weapons now receive a spell damage and accuracy bonus slightly below that of a Redwood Staff.
-- One-handed Battlecaster weapons receive about 60% of this bonus.

- Shield Proficiency has been eliminated. Everything Shield used to do now uses One-Handed Proficiency.

- Shields can now be used in more than one equipment set.

Arenas, Grindfests and Item Worlds

- Arenas are now capped to 100 rounds.

- Experience bonus for the last five Arenas was increased.

- Early arenas no longer have an EXP penalty.

- Mid-level arenas now have more rounds than before. After Blazing Fields, each arena now adds +5 rounds.

- Credit rewards for the earlier arenas was increased.

- The stamina drain in the Grindfest was increased, but it now gives the normal amount of EXP.

- Classic "miniboss" mobs are now featured less prominently in the Arena.

- There is no longer a limit on how many items you can enter in the Item World per day. Individual items still have a cooldown however.

Combat

- There are no longer any limits to how high powerlevel monster you can face after level 200.

- The formula for monster skill damage has been revamped. Skill damage should no longer increase disproportionally more than normal attack damage as the level increases.
-- Note that the innate skill power of some legendary mobs were increased due to this.
-- The base skill power of custom monsters was also increased, but note that you have to "save" your skill again to make this apply.

- Monsters that have a spirit power of 0 (and implicitly do not have a spirit attack) no longer have a spirit bar. (You can still drain spirit from them.)

- Fixed a bug where parrying a physical skill could not trigger a counter.

Magic

- Poison now does Dark damage.

- Damage from Spike Shields are now base 20% incoming damage, but are affected by the physical mitigation against the element in question.

- The chance of triggering the proc from Spike Shields was increased to 20%.

- Ripened Soul now allows you to drain a small amount of Spirit instead of Health.

- The mechanics of Channeling has changed. It is no longer triggered from Ether Theft, but will randomly trigger whenever you cast any spell. The exact chance of the spell triggering depends on how much mana the spell costs compared to your base mana.

- Elemental procs now explode with the element of the proc instead of the element that triggered it.

- Effects can now also modify values that aren't usually a percentage value by a factor instead of a relative value.

- Spell proficiency no longer affects the grade of which stats are modified by supportive or deprecating spells. Instead, most effects have changed to percentage modifications.
-- Slow and Magnet now both reduce Action Speed by a fixed factor amount. The reduction is 50% for Slow and 25% for Magnet. (If both are active, you end up with 0.5 * 0.75 = 0.375, or a 62.5% decrease.)
-- Haste now increases Action Speed by 50%.
-- Arcane Focus and Heartseeker now add +50% attack/magic accuracy, respectively.

- The spell versions of Shield and Barrier will now enhance your equipment directly, boosting the natural physical and magical absorption and mitigation bonus from your armor by 25%.
-- Meaning, if your equipment set adds up to 50% Physical Mitigation and 20% Magical Mitigation, it will increase your total mitigation to 50% * 25% = 12.5 => 1 - (0.5 * 0.875) = 56.25%, and 20% * 25% = 5 => 1 - (0.80 * 0.95) = 24%, respectively.
-- Note that other things that affect your absorption and mitigation - like equipment set bonuses, auras, the Defense command and the shield/barrier scrolls - do not count towards this bonus.

- Fixed a bug where Innate Arcana did not take some duration bonuses into consideration. Assuming you have them, Upkeep should therefore be decreased somewhat.

Hath Perks

- The Hath Perk "Innate Arcana V" was added.

- The Hath Perks "Soul Barrier" and "Radiant Soul" were removed. The few people who had them were refunded.

New Character Page

- The stat screen from the equipment screen is now also displayed on the character screen.

- The thingie on the character page used to assign EXP for primary attributes has been rewritten.
-- It no longer requires a pageload for every assigned point.
-- You can now reassign primary attribute points. Note that you are limited to ten "do-overs" per day - to be precise, the do-over points recover at a rate of 1 every 8640 seconds.

Monster Lab

- The crystal cost for upgrading Monster stats is no longer affected by other stats. (So upgrading one elemental stat will no longer affect the cost of the other elemental stats.)

- Giants can now only do Crushing damage. Existing Giants were changed.

- Some future use stuff was added.

Misc

- The way autocasts were saved was changed, so you'll have to set it again.

- Mooglemail send cost is now capped at 1000C.

- The training "Atonement" was removed. Interpret that however you'd like.

- MoogleMail and the Monster Lab no longer uses text inputs with the (rather limited) HentaiVerse font. Bad idea was bad.

- The keyboard handler is no longer hooked on MoogleMail until you open one of the panes that needs it. Which should make typing in it less laggy.

- You can no longer explode the Item World more often.

- Hitting spacebar at the "end of battle" message in the Ring of Blood will now take you to the correct page.

Also, we have a few stray witches in need of a home. A few have been spoken for already, but these are still up for grabs:

CODE

+------+----------------------------+------------+
| mid  | mname                      | powerlevel |
| 3730 | Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen   |        739 |
| 3733 | Erica Hartmann             |        150 |
| 3734 | Gertrud Barkhorn           |        150 |
| 3736 | Charlotte E Yeager         |        150 |
| 3737 | Miyafuji Yoshika           |        150 |
| 3738 | Lynette Bishop             |        150 |
| 3739 | Perrine-H Clostermann      |        150 |
| 3740 | Sakamoto Mio               |        150 |
| 3741 | Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke     |        150 |
| 3764 | Nikka Edvardine Katajainen |        150 |

Post here if you want to adopt one of them. If more than one person wants the same witch, I guess I'll roll a dice or something.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 12:52
Post #2
Bunko

Hermit
Group: Members
Level 338 (Godslayer)

I'm also for rolling to own monster: 3730 - Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen

Earth walker armor no longer makes your buffs better.
So if you had collected a good set like me - too bad huh ? Forget experimenting.

--------------

Among the biggest changes is that players and monsters now share a common stat system, which means that monsters now have all the stats players have.
I thought they already did. Now I gotto start testing all overs again.

- Due to the rewrite, all bonuses to what is considered percentage skills that would naturally be between 0% and 100% are now added multiplicatively. Specifically, this affects accuracy, avoidance and mitigation stats.
I'm not smart enough to understand this, but I'm sure the boys will explain to me.

- The old and barely used Physical damagetype has been changed into Void damage. New Ethereal weapons will drop with this damagetype, which all monsters have neutral mitigation against.
Woot ? So when I get an ethereal weapon next, it won't do Soul but Void damage instead ? Sounds cool.

Shield Proficiency has been eliminated. Everything Shield used to do now uses One-Handed Proficiency.
Hmm. Doesn't change much me thinks.

Shields can now be used in more than one equipment set.
Weapons still can't ? Haven't tested byt Waii not.

- Arenas are now capped to 100 rounds.
Eeeh ? But I was doing the 400 round every day, guess you didn't like that huh.

- There is no longer a limit on how many items you can enter in the Item World per day.
Can't wait to get my credits back for maxing out the IW entering to 20 items per day at trainer.

Individual items still have a cooldown however.
Why ?

Poison now does Dark damage
Lol I guess.

Haste now increases Action Speed by 50%.
What always ? That would mean that benefit from earth walker armor, for haste user is now... what ?

- The Hath Perk "Innate Arcana V" was added.
Wohoo ! Can I get the hath that goes with it ? Comon, it's only 1 0 0 0 Hath

- You can now reassign primary attribute points. Note that you are limited to ten "do-overs" per day - to be precise, the do-over points recover at a rate of 1 every 8640 seconds.
Great ! Except my points were already allocated without flaw.

Some future use stuff was added.
Excellent ?

Mooglemail send cost is now capped at 1000C.
Good job there.

You can no longer explode the Item World more often.
LOL WUT

The crystal cost for upgrading Monster stats is no longer affected by other stats
Good, because increasing Bunko's wisdom from level 1 to 2, cost 600+ crystals.

This post has been edited by Bunko: Jul 11 2011, 08:23
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 12:59
Post #3
KrystellaFiasse

Newcomer
Level 86 (Hero)

looks like with this new patch we are able to add/remove our stats any given point of time.
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:03
Post #4
Bunko

Hermit
Level 338 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(KrystellaFiasse @ Jul 10 2011, 13:59) *

looks like with this new patch we are able to add/remove our stats any given point of time.

Yea wonder how that works, currently lets me decrease 10 levels, Just incase, I won't play around with it yet.
There's bound to be some evil punishment planned to those who use it.
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:03
Post #5
Bealz

Murmaid Murderer
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 232 (Godslayer)

monsters are giving items to their owners now ?
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:04
Post #6
Rikis

Bringer of Light
Level 500 (Godslayer)

I don't mind adopting this witch: 3730 | Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen | 739 |
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:06
Post #7
yoyo546

ギフトメーカー
Level 392 (Godslayer)

i wanna adopt 3740 | Sakamoto Mio |150
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:08
Post #8
eovcoo5

おっぱい星人 (( • ̀ω•́ )✧)
Level 391 (Dovahkiin)

| 3737 | Miyafuji Yoshika | 150 |

i 'd like take care of her please

she is《STRIKE WITCHES》 main heroine character

edit:

i want to cancel my request

wish this girl has a wonderful future
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:09
Post #9
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Like said before i would adopt Eila. (and make her a legendary once it is piossible)
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:09
Post #10
00225NEROS

Casual Poster
Level 200 (Destined)

QUOTE(Bealz @ Jul 10 2011, 13:03) *

monsters are giving items to their owners now ?

The message said I got some equipment.
But can't find them???
Where can I find my gift
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:10
Post #11
@43883

Level 500 (Newbie)

Looking good so far, especially Dark Poison and lower arena tweaks. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

If nobody else wants her, I'll take Perrine.
CODE
| 3739 | Perrine-H Clostermann      |        150 |
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:13
Post #12
Bealz

Murmaid Murderer
Level 232 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(00225NEROS @ Jul 10 2011, 07:09) *

But can't find them???
Where can I find my gift

item screen it appears as though you get the armor type of whoever they land a killing blow on (or a certain number of that type) or could be random. There are also several grades of the item types and they sell for more as they increase in grade.

This post has been edited by Bealz: Jul 10 2011, 13:21
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:16
Post #13
SneakyGray

Casual Poster
Level 482 (Godslayer)

hmm, my endurance bonus has been decreased from 22 to 14.

me likey this update so far.

i want to adopt mid 3734 | Gertrud Barkhorn
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:16
Post #14
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

i think something went wrong.
Is it intended that a guy with 200% EDB cant oneshot mobs with a tier one spell on normal? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:17
Post #15
dkplee

Active Poster
Level 216 (Destined)

Shimamura youmu brought you a gift!

Received some low-grade wood.

My gods! That is adorable!

If we're taking adoptions, can I just roll the dice and go with whatever? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I'm seeing some slight(?) nerfs as far as stats go. Regen now heals for less, I had a bit less mana/spirit, but overall, some pretty cool changes. I'm liking the arena changes, kinda. I suppose it'll mean more credits and exp all 'round.

Btw...

- Spell proficiency no longer affects the grade of which stats are modified by supportive or deprecating spells. Instead, most effects have changed to percentage modifications.

Does that mean either proficiency doesn't really do much else beyond increasing duration of spells? Did curative by any chance got affected in the same way? I just can't see any other change that explains why my regen would lose potency.
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:18
Post #16
ohmightycat

Grumpy Old Man
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I'm pleased to anounce that I understand none of this!
QUOTE(ohmightycat @ Apr 25 2011, 14:42) *

Damn, now I have to understand more stuff.
Change is bad.

+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:21
Post #17
dkplee

Active Poster
Level 216 (Destined)

QUOTE(00225NEROS @ Jul 10 2011, 04:09) *

But can't find them???
Where can I find my gift

You can see it in the item shop or in the item inventory screen. My low-grade stuff can be sold for 20 credits each.

Btw, it seems crystal prices got tweaked a little. 50 credits for elemental crystals, down from 75. I suppose that means 100 for stat crystals.
+Quote Post

post Jul 10 2011, 13:25
Post #18
eovcoo5

おっぱい星人 (( • ̀ω•́ )✧)
Level 391 (Dovahkiin)

CODE
Cutegirl brought you a gift!
Received a Binding of the Curse-weaver.

i got this gift sounds sweet (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Post #19
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(dkplee @ Jul 10 2011, 13:17) *
Does that mean either proficiency doesn't really do much else beyond increasing duration of spells? Did curative by any chance got affected in the same way? I just can't see any other change that explains why my regen would lose potency.

For now, yes. As for Regen, Curative spells are still very much affected by proficiency, but the old calculations were all messed up - for some reason it included proficiency in the calculation twice. I tried to make it about the same as it used to be, but there could be minor changes depending on your level.
+Quote Post

Post #20
Bunko

Hermit
Level 338 (Godslayer)

Found a bug.
Bunko WAS a piercing giant.

It's special attack is still piercing
Dex - physical - Piercing

It will not allow me to save the skill, instead says:
You must set a skill element

ADD ----

My monster Blade Runner
has slashing as primary attack, same problem
Dex - physical - Slashing
You must set a skill element

This post has been edited by Bunko: Jul 10 2011, 13:28
+Quote Post

57 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 14:21