Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A few sound bites, To finish of a recent translation

post Apr 21 2011, 01:56
Post #1
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 365 (Godslayer)

So I got a translation, but the translator didn't do a few smaller parts (sound bites and such), claiming he doesn't knows them. I hope people here can help:

1) page 3: what is the sound effect at the bottom, in the box with tied hands?

2) page 4: what are the sound effects 1) top left, small sign near the face 2) larger sign in the top right corner?

3) page 5: the big black sound effect in the lower left?

4) page 7: Top left: Sound effects in white font and smaller font at the top and to the left of the guy, two sound effects to the right under the top right box

5) page 8: small sound effect in the top left (blow?) and under the glass at the bottom left

6) Page 9: Sound effects in the bottom section: big white to the left, small one above the head to the right?

7) Page 10: Big white sound effect at the top left?

8) page 11: the rightmost black sound effect, next to the guy's face?

9) Page 12: at the top, the effects in box (white font), the black one to the right, and the one in the bubble to the utmost right. Then the one at the bottom left in the box, and the tiny one outside the bubbles in the bottom middle, between the two flower (?) signs

10) Page 13: The black effect to the top left, the big white one in the top right, and the tiny font outside the bubbles in the bottom left panel, over the girls' head. Also, on that page, in the left bottom bubble, there is a reference to a samurai the translator was confused about.

11) Page 16: the big black effect to the top right

12) Page 17: big black and white effects at the top right

13) Page 18: the small font sign in the box to the bottom right

14) Page 19: the big white font and black effects that go from the top middle to the bottom left

15) Page 20: the two big white effects on that page

16) Page 21: the big white and black font effects on that page

17) Page 22: the small effect in the top box

18) Page 23: the white font effect in the top left, the outside bubble effect in the bottom right, and the small effect to the left of the people on the bottom panel

19) Page 24 - the small effects at the top and at the bottom (the only ones that are on that page)

If the person who answers the above wants, I can CT you 5k credits, or use them on a bounty of your choice (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Expect the above dojin to be released shortly after the above questions are answered, too (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

A summary or translation of the author's rant at page 25 would be nice, but is not needed for the release.

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Apr 22 2011, 05:38
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Apr 24 2011, 08:26
Post #2
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

Well, if nobody cares to help with those till Monday, SS will edit the v1 of the dojin. It will be a bit of a shame, but...
+Quote Post

post Apr 24 2011, 11:01
Post #3
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Group: Members
Level 199 (Lord)

More urgently, if i'm reading this script right, there seems to be a missing bubble on this page on the bottom right side above the dark haired guy.

That's the only one I notice so far, but i'll post anymore I see.

And while i'm at it, i'm alittle concerned about the text placement since the script is backwards. I'd appreciate if the translator can let me know if it's correct or not.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Super Shanko: Apr 24 2011, 11:44
+Quote Post

post Apr 25 2011, 03:26
Post #4
rookie84

Translator Errant
Level 308 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Super Shanko @ Apr 24 2011, 18:01) *

More urgently, if i'm reading this script right, there seems to be a missing bubble on this page on the bottom right side above the dark haired guy.

That's the only one I notice so far, but i'll post anymore I see.

And while i'm at it, i'm alittle concerned about the text placement since the script is backwards. I'd appreciate if the translator can let me know if it's correct or not.

Attached Image

Your missing bubble can be translated as "I'm not listening to your drunken nonsense." The text placement for the attached page looks okay to me, though I would have translated the "死ね!この馬鹿ウサギ!" as "Die! Damn stupid rabbit!" instead of "Hell, Lavi!" Guess the translator wanted to make it sound more natural.

I'm not going to touch the stuff Red_Piotrus wanted though... way too much work.
+Quote Post

post Apr 25 2011, 03:37
Post #5
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(rookie84 @ Apr 24 2011, 21:26) *

Your missing bubble can be translated as "I'm not listening to your drunken nonsense." The text placement for the attached page looks okay to me, though I would have translated the "死ね!この馬鹿ウサギ!" as "Die! Damn stupid rabbit!" instead of "Hell, Lavi!" Guess the translator wanted to make it sound more natural.

I don't recall any rabbits references in the show, so unless I am missing some word play, I prefer Hell, Lavi (or Die! Damn Lavi!).

QUOTE(rookie84 @ Apr 24 2011, 21:26) *

I'm not going to touch the stuff Red_Piotrus wanted though... way too much work.

(IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Aren't those sound effects easier than walls of text?
+Quote Post

post Apr 25 2011, 03:38
Post #6
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Level 199 (Lord)

Thanks again rookie :3

@Red: translating sfx is pretty easy for non translators. All you'd need is a hira/kata chart and a sfx guide like tonigobes or jaded networks. That's how I was able to do that dragonball doujin once.

Plus some sfx are self explanatory.

This post has been edited by Super Shanko: Apr 25 2011, 03:49
+Quote Post

post Apr 25 2011, 04:08
Post #7
rookie84

Translator Errant
Level 308 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Apr 25 2011, 10:37) *

(IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Aren't those sound effects easier than walls of text?

Easier than walls of text, but I don't want to look at 19 different pages just to translate things I find inconsequential. Shanko's missing text bubble is one thing, but I usually ignore SFX in my own translations and can't fault the original translator for not doing them.

ETA:

Oh, and [www.dgraydivinity.net] this.

This post has been edited by rookie84: Apr 25 2011, 04:14
+Quote Post

post Apr 25 2011, 19:18
Post #8
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(rookie84 @ Apr 24 2011, 22:08) *

Easier than walls of text, but I don't want to look at 19 different pages just to translate things I find inconsequential. Shanko's missing text bubble is one thing, but I usually ignore SFX in my own translations and can't fault the original translator for not doing them.

ETA:

Oh, and [www.dgraydivinity.net] this.

Thanks. I guess we can use Rabbit then with the following translatior note ("Lavi's name in Katakana is ラビ, Lavi or Rabi") or something similar.
+Quote Post

post Apr 25 2011, 22:22
Post #9
Super Shanko

Manga Handyman
Level 199 (Lord)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Apr 25 2011, 10:18) *

Thanks. I guess we can use Rabbit then with the following translatior note ("Lavi's name in Katakana is ラビ, Lavi or Rabi") or something similar.

Lavi=Rabbit it is then.
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2011, 01:47
Post #10
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Super Shanko @ Apr 25 2011, 16:22) *

Lavi=Rabbit it is then.

In that one place, yes.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 06:14