Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Tearlow's Auction Countdown Timer, Want to have a Countdown on your Auction?

post Dec 18 2010, 09:29
Post #1
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 467 (Godslayer)

The server has gone offline for unknown reasons, at this time I cannot get direct access to it so sadly no images will be generated until this has been resolved. When I get the time I will look into this further. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I somewhat think this is yet another dead drive though. If it is, if you want to donate a HDD/SATA drop me an PM and we'll work from there. However, since I don't have direct access at this moment I cannot resolve it right this moment.

I have finally been able to get around to fix the issue. It wasn't just a drive but the entire server setup! It literally ate my backups as well making pretty much useless. I found a backup of a slightly older offsite backup though. But there may still be issues here and there that I may need to look into so by all means report anything odd. Though saying that, when wasn't there something odd with the things I put out *Chuckles* Jury-Rigging much? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)~

(IMG:[e-hentai-countdown.darknessfall.com] http://e-hentai-countdown.darknessfall.com//EH-Cdwn.png?year=2030&month=01&day=01&hour=00&minute=00&second=00&auctionname=Auction%20/%20Item%20Countdown)
Current Version: 1.0.3.6
Last Updated: 09:53 2012-05-02

[www.starfleetplatoon.com] Click here to get started

:: Ancient history
I'm not sure about you but I've gone through some of the Auctions but at times I feel rather dumb having to look/count the time that is left for the auctions (Or if it's over already) there are people who update their threads really fast though! Either way, on most forums (if not all) we cannot run any sort of Scripts or the likes, unless approved by the Administrator/Mods.

With this in mind, I thought- Heck, Why not make a PHP script to generate an Image that you could easily add to a thread. While It might not have been that easy to make possible- It's here now! But I went a little further with this making it able to be configured by anyone who can read HTTP links and thus making your own with a very few edits. As of today thanks to Cmal there is now a GUI based Configuration!

:: Special thanks
Cmal - The guy behind the Link Generator!

:: Changelog
1.0.3.6 (2012-05-02)
* Added a new template as per request. "default-small" same as default bur roughly 30% smaller.

1.0.3.5 (2012-01-14)
* Bugfix: For some reason Years was Rounded instead of Floored hence adding +1 each time month passes 6. This should be solved now...

1.0.3.4 (2011-08-02)
* Bugfix: Added Minimal image size to prevent multi-row timer.

1.0.3.3 (2011-07-28)
* UTC should be forced now. Squashed. Dead.

1.0.3.2 [2011-01-16]
* Expired Countdown past 7 days will no longer be displayed.
* Image now using proper Headers. This should eliminate Caching in browsers.
+ Template: 'default-transparent' Don't want boarders? Use this as It's transparent.

1.0.2.0 [2010-12-23]
* Major optimizations.
+ Templates is now possible.

Initial Release

This post has been edited by Tearlow: Jun 5 2016, 08:21
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2010, 09:31
Post #2
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

Configuration

[e-hentai-countdown.darknessfall.com] http://thenexus.servegame.com/E-Hentai/EH-...sty%20Stockpile
(You may have to Rightclick and "Copy Link Location" and paste it somewhere to see the whole link.)

PARAMETERS [Time/Date]
year=2030
month=1
day=1
hour=00
minute=00
second=00

PARAMETERS [Text]
auctionname=Rosty%20Stockpile
Note: Leave Auctionname Empty if you only want a Countdown

expire=Customized Expire message.

offset=abbreviation for timezone.
Note: This is currently NOT working yet. This will have no effect on the end-user. It's only meant to make it easier to set the correct time using your local time.

offset=GMT +/- offset, ex. "+5" or "-3" to increase/reduce the time.

TEMPLATES
template=default
'default' will automatically be used unless speficied. if you spell it wrong and the server cannot locate your template it will use default as well.

Templates available:

default-transparent

This post has been edited by Tearlow: Mar 20 2012, 17:25
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2010, 10:06
Post #3
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

With players n different time zones this cold be very useful.

Just do something about the the enormous image. And fix the colors so it looks good on the forums (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2010, 14:14
Post #4
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Ichy @ Dec 18 2010, 09:06) *

With players n different time zones this cold be very useful.

Just do something about the the enormous image. And fix the colors so it looks good on the forums (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

You have to remember that this is just the *first* release where simply nailing the functions are in. The Size however, Like mentioned was something different *lol* Last night I didn't realize till after posting this. While getting upset about this forum not accepting different extension for images other then PNG/GIF and BMP. This file is masked to bypass that. Either way, Let's get back on topic (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

My web browser re-sized it before displaying *Chuckles* and after adding the link here I realized that big mistake (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I'll et it on now though.

But as per Color, I'm not really sure what to do- Maybe just a Alpha blend square (Since there are more then one template for this forum, I use Fusion_x for example) any suggestions?

I will be doing something about it today though, I hope.
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2010, 17:38
Post #5
hentai_fusion

Nyo
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

it is very useful... potentially...

the only issue i have is if the name of the auction is a little long...

eg.

(IMG:[thenexus.servegame.com] http://thenexus.servegame.com/E-Hentai/EH-Cdwn.png?year=2010&month=12&day=18&hour=23&minute=59&second=0&auctionname=[Auction]%20Dragon%20Hide%20and%20Kevlar)

(IMG:[thenexus.servegame.com] http://thenexus.servegame.com/E-Hentai/EH-Cdwn.png?year=2010&month=12&day=18&hour=23&minute=59&second=0&auctionname=[Auction]Demon-Fiend,%20Elementalist,%20Ethereal,%20Katana)
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2010, 17:51
Post #6
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(hentai_fusion @ Dec 18 2010, 16:38) *

it is very useful... potentially...

the only issue i have is if the name of the auction is a little long...

I didn't honestly think of using the script itself like that. Single auction's that is. What I can do is adjust the Image-size to scale with the text to solve that issue. I think that's something I could whip up fairly fast though.

Nice idea by the way (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2010, 18:02
Post #7
hentai_fusion

Nyo
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

hmm... is it me or does the countdown not seem to be working?
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2010, 18:04
Post #8
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(hentai_fusion @ Dec 18 2010, 17:02) *

hmm... is it me or does the countdown not seem to be working?

Completely correct. It's been since I started today, days/minutes are correct but hour is missing some arguments.

EDIT: Well now I feel silly... I don't live in Asia/Taipei? That's right! That sure sorted out the odd subtraction on each timer by -8 hours.

This post has been edited by Tearlow: Dec 18 2010, 18:52
+Quote Post

post Dec 19 2010, 20:57
Post #9
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

I think I've done most I can to make this thingy tick properly now, It's not optimized though- But I feel as if there is more to be done.

But I need you, the people to give me directions (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

The next step that I will try to go for is Template support thou a PHP template standard- Instead of now- Chaos in code!

* Also, Images Scales now with roughly 25px/side. Adding a Limit to text somewhat later though.
+Quote Post

post Dec 22 2010, 17:09
Post #10
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

* Added a Expire message instead of timer reaching 0d 0h 0m and will instead say "This auction has Expired." by default. To change Use Parameter &expire=
* Better Countdown operation. This will make it Much more accurate. However, This will not correct Leap years. But do we even need YEAR's?!
* Countdown display has changed. example. Theres 1 day and 3hours left. The timer will display 1d 3h. But if there are 1h left it will display 1h XXmin XXsec.

Again, if there are any features that anyone would like just shout and I'll see what can be done.
+Quote Post

post Dec 22 2010, 21:20
Post #11
Sayo Aisaka

I have no Item Sluts :(
Group: Members
Level 197 (Destined)

I like this idea.

Suggestion: If no name is specified, remove the name part altogether. Since most auctions don't tend to have names.

Bug report: It seems to be off by an hour, assuming it's supposed to be GMT. British Summer time is not currently in effect...
+Quote Post

post Dec 22 2010, 22:28
Post #12
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Sayo Aisaka @ Dec 22 2010, 20:20) *

I like this idea.

Suggestion: If no name is specified, remove the name part altogether. Since most auctions don't tend to have names.

Bug report: It seems to be off by an hour, assuming it's supposed to be GMT. British Summer time is not currently in effect...

Maybe go as far to remove the top part completely if no name is added?- This way you could save a few pixels for it as well,.

As for the bugs, I thank you a lot for them! And No- It's set to my own Timezone (GMT+2) but I will be adding a offset parameter so it can be adjusted for each user, and making the clock run default as GMT+0.

I'll get on-to it a bit later today ^^
+Quote Post

post Dec 23 2010, 07:12
Post #13
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

I might need a hand from you people.

[thenexus.servegame.com] http://thenexus.servegame.com/E-Hentai/_offset.php

This will contain a generated list of (hopefully all Timezones) but need to know if this is done correctly. Simply look up your timezone and unless it is wrong, Leave a message. The idea is instead of using a +/- 5 etc. you will use a abbreviation.

This post has been edited by Tearlow: Dec 23 2010, 07:14
+Quote Post

post Dec 23 2010, 11:04
Post #14
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

Whew! Not a lot of sleep tonight at all >_>;;

This might be the last update for a while. But don't be surprised if it isn't. Still- Keep the suggestions/reports pop in (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

* Template support, It's almost done. It is *Possible* but complicated- Needs more work but it is working. Requirements? Know PHP / GD
* The default template now supports two modes. 1) Containing Title/Timer and 2) Containing only the timer. They're displayed at the bottom of this message.

- Timezone offset has been added but is NOT working as intended. So the timer is still running as GMT+2

NOTE: I will add a limiter later on so this cannot be crossposted on anywhere but https://forums.e-hentai.org/*

With Title.
(IMG:[thenexus.servegame.com] http://thenexus.servegame.com/E-Hentai/EH-Cdwn.png?year=2030&month=1&day=1&hour=00&minute=0&second=0&auctionname=Rosty%20Stockpile)

W/o Title.
(IMG:[thenexus.servegame.com] http://thenexus.servegame.com/E-Hentai/EH-Cdwn.png?year=2030&month=1&day=1&hour=00&minute=0&second=0)

This post has been edited by Tearlow: Dec 23 2010, 13:22
+Quote Post

post Dec 24 2010, 00:46
Post #15
grumpymal

I hate everything >:C
Level 362 (Godslayer)

Once you get all the functionality worked out, you should use a small Javascript applet to generate the link instead of having the users muck about with modifying the link themselves and link to that page instead. That way, options can be configured more easily and you can even do some error checking to make sure the timer is generated properly.
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2010, 12:06
Post #16
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

@cmal: Excellent idea! Shame my Javascript is a bit lacking to say the least- Give it some time and I'm sure I can whip something up though! Be it a simple form or a Shark with Lasers (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Fact is.. I might start reading up on that right away...

EDIT: Should I maybe set the Time to UTC instead of GMT+1? Makes a little more sense to me... However, This could be done automatically in Java as it *Can* read Usertime and set Timezone properly...

This post has been edited by Tearlow: Dec 28 2010, 12:10
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2010, 13:45
Post #17
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

Alright. This is not much but at least it will show that it's in the pipe-line.

[thenexus.servegame.com] http://thenexus.servegame.com/E-Hentai/_Config.php

Note that this is not working at all yet. However, I've managed to get the Auto detect for timezone to work! And YES!- The design is just awful (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) But hey! It's only a mock-up thing. This is also my current Testing page. Why does that matter? Well, Things might be broken when you are browsing that page.
+Quote Post

post Dec 29 2010, 00:40
Post #18
grumpymal

I hate everything >:C
Level 362 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tearlow @ Dec 28 2010, 05:06) *

@cmal: Excellent idea! Shame my Javascript is a bit lacking to say the least- Give it some time and I'm sure I can whip something up though! Be it a simple form or a Shark with Lasers (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Fact is.. I might start reading up on that right away...

EDIT: Should I maybe set the Time to UTC instead of GMT+1? Makes a little more sense to me... However, This could be done automatically in Java as it *Can* read Usertime and set Timezone properly...

QUOTE(Tearlow @ Dec 28 2010, 06:45) *

Alright. This is not much but at least it will show that it's in the pipe-line.

[thenexus.servegame.com] http://thenexus.servegame.com/E-Hentai/_Config.php

Note that this is not working at all yet. However, I've managed to get the Auto detect for timezone to work! And YES!- The design is just awful (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) But hey! It's only a mock-up thing. This is also my current Testing page. Why does that matter? Well, Things might be broken when you are browsing that page.

I think it would be easiest to set the default timezone to UTC/GMT since we can all use that as a reference -- its the time we get our Dawn Events. But the option to change timezones should still be available.

And if you want, I can help with the Javascript configurator. I've already written a simple one for personal use, its actually pretty easy.
+Quote Post

post Dec 29 2010, 02:23
Post #19
Tearlow

I brained my damage!
Level 467 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cmal @ Dec 28 2010, 23:40) *

I think it would be easiest to set the default timezone to UTC/GMT since we can all use that as a reference -- its the time we get our Dawn Events. But the option to change timezones should still be available.

And if you want, I can help with the Javascript configurator. I've already written a simple one for personal use, its actually pretty easy.

By all means, You're more then welcome too! I was about to break things an hour ago or so- Until I saw I just spelled a variable wrong *Sigh* I'd gladly accept it! As it stands right now, I'd be honored to have you maintain it (Although, there might not be much left to add...) just make sure to add something that it is your work and not mine!

I still think It's time for me to really learn Java Scripting though, It's weird doing everything in PHP/mySQL writing just about everything but get a headache for some minor JS O_O

There has been a slight change of plan concerning "offset" parameter. For now I will leave it and instead only use "tz" which is obviously short for Time Zone. Simply use +5 to increase by 5 and -5 to decrease by 5. Also, Time has been corrected to UTC by Localtime-60, this should not cause any errors. Report if it still does for whatever reasons!

Also, Where on earth can I change the Threads topic? I've been meaning to since that darn spelling error.. *Chuckles*
+Quote Post

post Dec 29 2010, 02:27
Post #20
hgbdd

Godslayer Angelic Belldandy (On vacations)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tearlow @ Dec 29 2010, 00:23) *

Also, Where on earth can I change the Threads topic? I've been meaning to since that darn spelling error.. *Chuckles*
I'm not sure if the title can be changed in this board, but in case it's possible, click edit button in the first post, then you should be able to change Topic Title/Description.

Edit: Feature only for gold stars and above members, in case someone ask.

This post has been edited by cmdct: Dec 29 2010, 02:29
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 18:16