Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Changes to new tag creation

post Aug 15 2023, 09:27
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

As some people may know, the number of "temporary" tags in the system has been getting out of control. Ideally, whenever people create a temporary tag they are supposed to post their sources in a thread on the forum, but even though this is limited to high-MP users, in practice, this often doesn't happen.

A new system has now been developed to help address this issue. Now, whenever someone creates a new temporary tag, they will be redirected to a new Tag Justification form where they are required to provide the desired namespace and any available sources for the tag. The tag will then enter a formal approval process.

Agoraphobia and Shank made a detailed writeup on how this process works, but in short, this is how it works:

1. Someone makes a temp: tag on a gallery. They are then redirected to a form requesting namespace and sources for the tag.

2. The tag will show up on the new temp tags tracker. This is accessible to all registered users.

3. Moderators will be able to track new tags as they are added, approve the ones that are properly sourced, and either request additional information or outright reject any tags that aren't. Rejected tags will be fully deleted from the system.

The person who created the tag will be informed of approvals, rejections and revision requests via PM. You can also view all your pending tags from this page.

Anyone with a mod power of at least 2 (effectively everyone who isn't a brand new user) can leave comments on newly created tags, but keep in mind that this is intended for useful information to help approve or reject the tag. Anyone habitually leaving useless comments will be blocked from doing so.

Note that while the new system is being phased in, the requirement for adding new temp tags directly will remain the same (25+ MP), but this may be reduced in the future. Other people should still use the request thread for now.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 09:55
Post #2
Dead-ed

Niten = 我が両刀に断てぬもの無し。
Group: Members
Level 500 (Godslayer)

A random feature idea.
When clicking a tag (which opens vote up, definition, etc), please add "show related pages" to the options. Of course taggers must input page numbers when tagging things. This will help people who ask "which page is [tag]?".
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 10:50
Post #3
mundomuñeca

Lo Scimmiotto
Level 468 (Dovahkiin)

So, if I want to add a comment to a tag request (either pending or already approved), how should I do it ? Ideally, I should be able to do it from the tag approval page.
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 10:55
Post #4
Agoraphobia

✝️ Ascension of Angel ✝️
Group: Global Mods
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(mundomuñeca @ Aug 15 2023, 08:50) *
So, if I want to add a comment to a tag request (either pending or already approved), how should I do it ? Ideally, I should be able to do it from the tag approval page.
Go to this page and click on any pending requests you see on there:
- https://repo.e-hentai.org/tools.php?act=temptags

You should see a comment box for that. Read the wiki on what should you write in there.

You can only do it with pending requests btw.
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 11:45
Post #5
messu

Casual Poster
Level 309 (Godslayer)

>25+ MP
I should have posted more in the forum.
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 11:51
Post #6
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

That hasn't changed, it's always been that. You can post in tag grouping and namespacing with relevant sources and gallery to have it namespaced if you have less.
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 12:19
Post #7
messu

Casual Poster
Level 309 (Godslayer)

I'm not complaining haha, just wish I was less lazy to gain some mod powers
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 14:18
Post #8
peterson123

Veteran Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Good stuff.

Do users with less than 25MP get any hint that takes them to the namespacing thread when they try to create a temp tag or when try to use a tag that has never been used?

Is there a reward for creating temp tags (provided that they do get approved), e.g. toplist points?
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 14:20
Post #9
Cipher-kun

Killua Enthusiast
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 406 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(peterson123 @ Aug 15 2023, 12:18) *

Do users with less than 25MP get any hint that takes them to the namespacing thread when they try to create a temp tag or when try to use a tag that has never been used?

Pretty sure no, as there's been no change to that.

Is there a reward for creating temp tags (provided that they do get approved), e.g. toplist points?

You'd get started tag points (If it gets approved with no alterations). Also if you consistently make good temp tags you might also get nominated for an end of year award via the MVP nomination process.

This post has been edited by Cipher-kun: Aug 15 2023, 14:21
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 14:27
Post #10
peterson123

Veteran Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Cipher-kun @ Aug 15 2023, 12:20) *

Well, I don't know that it looked like before, and I can't check. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)
But if it is as you say, that's fine I suppose.
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 14:31
Post #11
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(peterson123 @ Aug 15 2023, 14:18) *

QUOTE(Cipher-kun @ Aug 15 2023, 14:20) *

There was in fact a stealth change to the error message when you try to add a temp tag without enough power, or when you try to add a tag with a namespace. It doesn't link it as such, but it now says The tag %tag% does not exist. You can request new tags in the Tag grouping and namespacing thread.

QUOTE(peterson123 @ Aug 15 2023, 14:18) *

It's a good idea, but it would be kind of unfair to the people who don't have access to request tags that way. Maybe if we get to the point where the tag mods feel like the new tool is convenient enough that we can drop the requirement to say 5 or 10 MP, we can do that.
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 20:38
Post #12
Agoraphobia

✝️ Ascension of Angel ✝️
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I forgot to mention, and someone asked, but for the legacy temp tags (i.e., temp created before this update), please continue to use the Tag grouping and namespacing thread for the NS assignment.

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Aug 15 2023, 12:31) *
Maybe if we get to the point where the tag mods feel like the new tool is convenient enough that we can drop the requirement to say 5 or 10 MP, we can do that.
Yeah, it is probably a good thing to do eventually, but not until the water is colder, and the legacy list is less humongous.
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 22:44
Post #13
peterson123

Veteran Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

So the creation form says:
CODE
If you leave this page without providing the requested information, these tags will be deleted. [...] If you created it by mistake, write "created by mistake" in the sources field.

Wouldn't just leaving the page without entering anything be much more straightforward if a tag was created by mistake?
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 22:49
Post #14
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(peterson123 @ Aug 15 2023, 20:44) *

So the creation form says:
CODE
If you leave this page without providing the requested information, these tags will be deleted. [...] If you created it by mistake, write "created by mistake" in the sources field.

Wouldn't just leaving the page without entering anything be much more straightforward if a tag was created by mistake?

The former takes longer, and will have namespacers potentially spending time trying to work out the validity, the latter will indicate it for manual deletion promptly, we would prefer if you mark requests for deletion properly when made by mistake.
+Quote Post

post Aug 15 2023, 22:52
Post #15
peterson123

Veteran Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Ah, I see. A button like "I made a mistake" would still be more straightforward I think. But from the looks of it, it may be possible to request multiple temp tags at once with that form, so in that case the text approach might be the easiest if only one of multiple tags was requested in error.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2023, 03:54
Post #16
Lady_Slayer

Member of the Bal'masqué
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I think that's more for a high power noob hentai like me who still new on tagging and namespacing.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2023, 04:10
Post #17
Cipher-kun

Killua Enthusiast
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 406 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(peterson123 @ Aug 15 2023, 20:52) *

it may be possible to request multiple temp tags at once with that form

It is. You can comma seperate multiple temp tags at once and it'll give you a section for each on that page. I believe you can also add one, click back, then add another and you'll have the same result. (I've only done it the first way though)

This post has been edited by Cipher-kun: Aug 16 2023, 04:10
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2023, 04:30
Post #18
Agoraphobia

✝️ Ascension of Angel ✝️
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

FWIW, for temp tags created without any source, I still marked them for revision in case the requester didn't get the memo. If this is done excessively (or the requester insists on doing blank submissions) however, I will just reject the tags outright.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2023, 08:46
Post #19
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Cipher-kun @ Aug 16 2023, 04:10) *
It is. You can comma seperate multiple temp tags at once and it'll give you a section for each on that page. I believe you can also add one, click back, then add another and you'll have the same result. (I've only done it the first way though)

This is correct. Note however that the multi-tag version of that page is only intended for providing the initial information, so if you leave it open rather than following the PM notification links or the links under "My Pending Tag Requests", it won't show any comments or enable the comment field.

(Though it will, as of very recently, let you know that the request has comments and link you to it.)
+Quote Post

post Aug 17 2023, 00:30
Post #20
romanicyte

Active Poster
Level 412 (Dovahkiin)

Is there a reason we cannot see the tag creator's comment? I wish we could.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 08:26