Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HV Equip Scaling Calc v1.3.8 (9/28/2011), Screw Excel, I've got Javascript. Now with 100% more tooltips.

post May 22 2010, 17:35
Post #1
grumpymal

I hate everything >:C
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 362 (Godslayer)

The HV Equipment Scaling Calculator
v1.3.8 (9/28/2011)

Tired of having to fire up your calculator or Excel to figure out whether a piece of equipment is worth it? Then try the [www.starfleetplatoon.com] HV Equipment Scaling Calculator. All you have to do is plug in the stats, select your scaling options, and push Calculate. The script will take care of the rest. As a web page, its very portable and accessible anywhere. You could even [www.starfleetplatoon.com] save it to your local machine or portable media so you don't need a live internet connection, simply re-saving updated versions when they come out.

Options:
*Switch Entry Mode: Toggles between individual field entry mode and copy-paste mode. In C-P Mode, you just have to copy all of the text on the equipment popup and paste it into the text area. Really simple and easy, you'd have to be a dunce to screw it up.
*Base Stats: This option will calculate the equip's base (level 0) stats. This is probably the most useful set for comparing equipment since base stats determine growth over levels.
*Scale to Level: This option lets you scale the equipment to any level to see what the stats would be like. Pretty self-explanatory. Note that scaling down in level will not affect Compromise stats.
*Scale to Stat: This option tells you at what level the desired stat will reach the given value. It'll even calculate all of the other stats for you so you can see the whole picture.
*Show Original Level: This option displays the original, pre-scaling level of the equip. This can be helpful when comparing several pieces at once.
*Calculate Proficiency Bonus: This option lets you see what effect your proficiency would have on the stats (since this feature isn't present in Sonic's Calc and I'm too lazy to learn VB and add it myself). The bonus adjusted stats are displayed in parentheses next to the normal scaled stat if this option is on. If you just want to see the bonus for the equip in its current state, set the scaling option to Scale to Level and plug in the equip's level (easily done by pushing the Current button).

Feedback welcome. Most of the bugs should be ironed out, but I'm pretty careless, so if you find one, post it so it can be addressed. Development on this project is essentially complete, barring any feature suggestions or bugfixes.

Changelog:
*v1.3.8 (9/28/2011): Updated for HV patch something-or-other.
*v1.3.7 (5/25/2011): Updated for HV patch 0.5.3.
*v1.3.6 (4/27/2011): Updated Physical Attack Damage scaling for HV patch 0.5.2.
*v1.3.5 (2/11/2011): Changed the address, so if you bookmarked it, update your bookmark. Made adjustments for HV patch 0.5.0 (new Attribute scaling factor, proficiency not affecting certain stats).
*v1.3.4 (8/14/2010): Fixed a bug with Proc Damage showing decimals. Added option to show pre-scaling level. Minor appearance tweaks.
*v1.3.3 (6/26/2010): Fixed a bug with the Field Mode's data capture loop. Fixed a bug with "null" being shown as the equip's name in Field Mode. Added an equip name field in Field Mode.
*v1.3.2 (6/23/2010): Fixed a bug with a condition statement in the prof bonus code. Tweaks.
*v1.3.1 (6/15/2010): Fixed a shifting bug with proficiency scaling. Some minor appearance tweaks. Stuff I forgot about.
*v1.3.0 (6/9/2010): Fixed the parse function so it can now read stats not copied from the popup. Paste Mode is now the default entry mode. Added some tooltips. Added a popup button so you can compare multiple pieces of equipment more easily. Some appearance tweaks.
*v1.2.0 (5/28/2010): More appearance tweaks. Added new entry mode.
*v1.1.0 (5/22/2010): Added proficiency bonus calculator. Added button to select all of the text output for copying to clipboard. Code tweaks.
*v1.0.0 (5/21/2010): Initial Release.

This post has been edited by derpymal: Dec 1 2011, 00:52
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post May 22 2010, 17:43
Post #2
kyouri

忍 - chasing rainbows~
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Wish this was here before I created my excel sheet ;(. Useful nonetheless.
+Quote Post

post May 22 2010, 19:24
Post #3

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

You might want to add a note explaining the impossibility of projecting increases in the duration of procs.
+Quote Post

post May 23 2010, 00:59
Post #4
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Group: Members
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

I though your current level also played a factor to leveling up items.
+Quote Post

post May 23 2010, 01:15
Post #5
Sayo Aisaka

I have no Item Sluts :(
Level 197 (Destined)

Your level makes no difference. Read this.
+Quote Post

post May 23 2010, 02:04
Post #6
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

Essentially, when you equip something higher in level, the system scales it down as if it were the same level as you. Other than that, nothing about your character has anything to do with level scaling.

I think for a future version, I'll add an option to calculate and include bonuses from proficiency, as well.
+Quote Post

post May 24 2010, 02:24
Post #7
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Oh, crap. Well I've been asking Tens for something in vain then. I think I might have some posts I need to correct now.
+Quote Post

post May 24 2010, 02:33
Post #8

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Anomtai @ May 23 2010, 17:24) *

Well I've been asking Tens for something in vain then.

Tens wasn't going to do it anyway in exchange for a pittance of karma, so you are more right than you know.
+Quote Post

post May 24 2010, 06:32
Post #9
kyouri

忍 - chasing rainbows~
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Boggyb @ May 23 2010, 03:24) *

You might want to add a note explaining the impossibility of projecting increases in the duration of procs.

Always wondered why it wasn't listed, care to explain why ;D?
+Quote Post

post May 24 2010, 07:08
Post #10

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(kyouri @ May 23 2010, 21:32) *

QUOTE(Boggyb @ May 22 2010, 10:24) *

Always wondered why it wasn't listed, care to explain why ;D?

Always? He posted this yesterday and I mentioned that in approximately 2 hours of cmal posting it.
The reason is that we don't know the exact value of the proc. It could be 2.01 turns and take 99 levels to get to turn 3 or it could be 2.99 and take a level and we would have no way of knowing.
+Quote Post

post May 24 2010, 07:25
Post #11
kyouri

忍 - chasing rainbows~
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I ment why the base values weren't listed here.

Thanks for the anwser though.
+Quote Post

post May 24 2010, 15:39
Post #12
mkonji

Casual Poster
Level 303 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(kyouri @ May 24 2010, 07:25) *

I ment why the base values weren't listed here.

Thanks for the anwser though.

Because it's fairly impossible to calculate. It'd take observing a handful of weapons and see exactly what level they increase at least twice (i.e. say, know it goes from 3 to 4 turns at level 88 then 4 to 5 turns at level 169). And, of course, even if you know the value, you won't be able to accurately predict when it'll level at least not in any useful way.

Also, here's a fun fact: every equipment has a base value behind its level 0 value. This value is an integer and is multiplied by a base value factor (similar to scaling factor, it's determined per stat; but unlike scaling factor, they're not clean and pretty). These values are (accurate to within 0.001):
CODE
Attack Damage Multiplier: 0.308
Attack Accuracy Bonus: 0.8
Attack Critical Bonus: 0.21
Magic Damage Multiplier: 0.302
Magic Accuracy Bonus: 0.997
Magic Critical Bonus: 0.228
Burden/Interference: ???? (hadn't pinned down the level factor when I was calculating)
Parry Chance: 0.495
Block Chance: 0.998
Evade Chance: 0.25
Resist Chance: 0.505
Physical Absorption: 0.029
Physical Mitigation: 0.104
Magical Absorption: 0.031
Magical Mitigation: 0.101
Proficiency Bonuses: 0.306
Elemental Damage Bonuses: 0.3
Primary Attribute Bonuses: 0.03
Piercing/Crushing/Slashin Mittigation: 0.08
Elemental Mitigations: ???? (lack of information)

Such that the full formula is (base_roll is an integer usually between 0 and 30ish):
CODE
stat( lvl ) = (1 + lvl / level_factor) * (base_roll * base_factor)

Not that it's really worth knowing what the base roll is since the level 0 state gives the same information but more informatively, just fun information. Though it is worth noting that, for example, shields come in fairly large increments with no in-betweens.

Anyway, great tool. Better than punching it in a calculator program when I want to see how a level will scale down for someone.
+Quote Post

post May 24 2010, 16:09
Post #13
Sayo Aisaka

I have no Item Sluts :(
Level 197 (Destined)

This is why those factors have strange values btw.
QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 5 2009, 22:11) *

Well, when I added the extra digit to the output, it kinda bugged me that certain stats would be exactly alike and keep following eachother in lockstep throughout all levels. So I made some minute variations to the weight factor for stats that had the same weighing, but somehow a couple of the stats got changed more than I intended (for example, block ended up at .957 instead of .997), and I never made a note of this so it never got tested. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

post May 24 2010, 16:19
Post #14
mkonji

Casual Poster
Level 303 (Godslayer)

QUOTE("Sayo")
This is why those factors have strange values btw.

Was wondering about that. I thought it might be because some were originally scaled as Lvl 1 and others as Lvl 0 or something like that. Another fun fact.

(for example, block ended up at .957 instead of .997)

Oh really? This information seems slightly out of date, then (I calculated it the same time I did the other stuff which was a good three months ago)
+Quote Post

post May 25 2010, 01:59
Post #15

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

Elec damage mitigation doesn't calculate.
+Quote Post

post May 25 2010, 02:46
Post #16
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Boggyb @ May 24 2010, 19:59) *

Elec damage mitigation doesn't calculate.

Typo in the HTML. Should work now.
+Quote Post

post May 26 2010, 23:59
Post #17
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

Updated.

Current plans for development are adding a second entry mode where you just copy and paste the equipment popup. This'll take a while, since parsing the raw text is hell. Its mostly complicated by the elemental stats (damage and mitigation), so I have to devise a method to differentiate between the two. Otherwise, it would just be fairly straightforward regex-ing strings.

Also, would anyone like it if I added collapsible stat blocks (ie, specific mits, proficiency, damage bonus) on the input form?
+Quote Post

post May 27 2010, 01:43
Post #18
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

I just tested this calculator with my [Flimsy Steel Axe]. It works as stated. Good job.

Do you mean like the collapsible folders in my Bookmarks menu? I can see myself using something like that.
+Quote Post

post May 27 2010, 23:00
Post #19
hgbdd

Godslayer Angelic Belldandy (On vacations)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(cmal @ May 26 2010, 22:59) *

Updated.

Current plans for development are adding a second entry mode where you just copy and paste the equipment popup. This'll take a while, since parsing the raw text is hell. Its mostly complicated by the elemental stats (damage and mitigation), so I have to devise a method to differentiate between the two. Otherwise, it would just be fairly straightforward regex-ing strings.

Just a reminder, don't forget the fact you also have the scaled stats to parse (or to ignore) when the equipment are above your level.

QUOTE(cmal @ May 26 2010, 22:59) *

Also, would anyone like it if I added collapsible stat blocks (ie, specific mits, proficiency, damage bonus) on the input form?
What do you mean by that? I don't get it.

This post has been edited by cmdct: May 27 2010, 23:04
+Quote Post

post May 27 2010, 23:58
Post #20
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cmdct @ May 27 2010, 17:00) *

Just a reminder, don't forget the fact you also have the scaled stats to parse (or to ignore) when the equipment are above your level.

That was the easy part. The hard part is writing a loop to do this recursively so I don't have to explicitly match every expression string. Unfortunately, it seems JS' regexp engine doesn't like being passed expressions in the form of array elements. So I'll have to write them all out like in STAT.

QUOTE(cmdct @ May 27 2010, 17:00) *
What do you mean by that? I don't get it.

Clicking on the headers will show or hide the input fields for that section. Say you clicked on "Damage Type Mitigations". It would then hide the input for Crushing through Soul. Click on it again and they'll reappear.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 14:25