Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestion: Download only selected images of a gallery, useful for imageset updates

post Jan 13 2023, 22:42
Post #1
Waitugreat

Irregular Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 437 (Dovahkiin)

In Galleries: It would be nice to have an option (like a checkbox or even mark pages with shift+mouse click?) where the user can select (multiple) image/s in a gallery to download them.

Right now the user can:
• Download archive (the whole gallery in a zip)
• Use torrent if available
• Manually download single images

So I'd appreciate if the manually method will be improved. In a big gallery, if a user only wants to download specific images, the user has to first click on an image (or open several tabs for the images he wants to download) and then click on the "download original" link at the bottom to download the original image. This is tedious if one has to do that for several images.

Especially in regulary updated imageset it's useful. Not only for the user but also for the E-Hentai server it would be better with this new feature I believe. Right now if an imageset gets an update, people probably just download the whole archive again instead of download only the ~ 7 new images which are new in the new version, since it's annoying to download these manually.

You can also see that in the torrents of many imagesets, people only offers archives as download option. It would be so much faster to download updates if these are loose images. I tried that with some galleries but then I learned how annoying it is to download new images and understand why people just offers archive downloads for torrents ...

Maybe even add some sort of "download all new images from version x to now" option?
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jan 13 2023, 22:46
Post #2
Lady_Slayer

Member of the Bal'masqué
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

this could be done by script I guess?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Jan 14 2023, 04:52
Post #3
tsXor

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 51 (Expert)

QUOTE(dongmian @ Jan 14 2023, 04:46) *

this could be done by script I guess?

YOU CAN BUT YOU SHOULD NOT

QUOTE(OnceForAll @ Jan 2 2023, 23:10) *

JuicyAd 我自己也曾经注册过用过。要想看广告计数、菠萝要想有收入,首先你得加载 JuicyAd 的 JS。我和现有的三个 EhViewer 分支的开发者/开发团队都很熟悉,他们明确告诉我了,EhViewer 根本不可能加载 JuicyAd 的 JS,使用 EhViewer 确确实实会让菠萝损失这部分 JuicyAd 收入。

其次,EH 的 H@H机制,同一页图片,分配给你的 URL 在可以预见的时间内不会刷新、只有你手动点击按钮更换 URL。所以不存在重复请求的情况。而且 EH 网页端,严格限制你同一时间能看的图片数(你如果想快速看很多图片,你需要使用 Multi Page Viewer,这个功能不是免费的、并不是 EH 所有访客都能使用);反而是 EhViewer,会毫无节制和限制的请求图片。我和现有的三个 EhViewer 分支的开发者/开发团队聊过了,他们中没有任何一人在他们 end 实现了 debounce 或 throttle。

更重要的是,EhViewer 下载本子的方式就是把整个画廊所有的图片都请求一遍、因此每张图片都要请求一次 EH API;反而你在 EH 上下载本子,要么使用种子、要么使用 Archive Download,下载一个画廊只需要请求 EH API 一次、不会对 EH API 造成压力。EhViewer 这种 bypass EH Archive Download 的行为本身就是错误的。

QUOTE(Waitugreat @ Jan 14 2023, 04:42) *

Especially in regulary updated imageset it's useful.

I think it's more useful to develop a new compression method.
Ideally, CG sets are greatly repetitive and compression methods should let their size greatly decline (to nearly equal size of those "base CG/基本CG"s)
However, this seems not to be the case because of some facts:
1. Let's take zlib and algorithm LZ77 used in deflate (used in most zips) for example, by default, zlib uses a 16k text buffer, and that is too small for images. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)
2. If you are using a PNG image, it can be worse because data in PNG is already compressed with deflate.

This post has been edited by tsXor: Jan 14 2023, 17:14
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 03:02