15 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse Persistent Update 90

post Jul 21 2022, 10:19
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Update 90

The major addition in this update is a native replacement of HVMarket, simply titled The Market. This addition also replaces Item Backorders.

The Market is a huge bulk of new code (larger than the Monster Lab), so make sure to report it if you encounter any bugs, especially in the trading logic.

The Market can be found under the Bazaar tab.

Note that the equipment changes that were originally scheduled for this update were delayed until the next update.

Market Balance and Account Balance

For various technical reasons, the Market adds a new credit balance to the system named "Market Balance". The profits for sold items and payments for bought items are added to and deducted from the Market Balance rather than your normal credit balance.

You can deposit and withdraw credits from this balance in the top left of the market screen. You do not need a market balance to sell items, but you need to add credits (or sell items) before you can place any buy orders.

Browsing Items

The "Browse Items" tab lets you browse all the tradeable items in the system. On Persistent, obsolete items (i.e. retired+event artifacts and trophies that are no longer obtainable) are hidden by default, but can be shown by clicking the "Show Obsolete Items" checkbox for the applicable item tab.

Items will be listed along with readouts for how many of the item you have in your inventory (i.e. not listed in the market), as well as the current highest per-item market bid and lowest per-item market ask price + total number of the item available for sale in the market.

You can additionally filter items by whether or not you have enough to create (or add more items to) a sell order (1 or 100 depending on the item) and by whether or not there are any items available for sale in the market.

There are two additional tabs for browsing your existing Sell and Buy orders. As the names imply, these will only show items where you have a corresponding order placed. In addition to the information displayed when browsing items, it will also show the count and per-item price for your current order.

Buying and Selling Items

Clicking an items from either the Browse Items or the Buy/Sell Orders tab will take you to the item trading interface. This lets you place a sell and/or buy order, shows the current best bids and asks, as well as price history and the most recent trades for the item.

Staple items (i.e. items that are always available in the item shop) can also be traded in the market. These must be sold below the item shop sell price. If you place a buy order for a staple item at or above the itemshop price, this will automatically fill the order at the itemshop price.

Some low-value items are traded in batches of 100, primarily crystals, monster food and some consumables. For these items, the prices on the trading screen are all per-batch rather than per-item. Note that all batch items are staple items, but not all staple items are batch items.

The buttons to navigate to the previous/next item follow the same sequence and filtering as the tab you were browsing from, to enable easily placing orders for consecutive series of items.

When placing sell orders, the items are immediately removed from your item inventory. This ensures it is not possible for an order to become invalid by using, trading or otherwise selling the item.

When placing buy orders, you are limited by the credits currently in your market balance, but the credits are not actually committed to each individual order. This means that if you have a market balance of 10000 C, you can place several separate buy orders up to 10000 C each.

If your market balance drops below the total sum for a buy order but is still sufficient to buy at least one item/batch at your bid price, the order will remain active but capped the number you can afford. As such, orders can still be partially filled even if your market balance cannot cover the full original order.

If your market balance ever drops below your per-batch bid price for an order, it will be disabled entirely. Since someone might have placed a sell order at a lower price in the meantime, any disabled buy orders must be manually resubmitted after you deposit more funds or sell some items. Disabled orders will show in red on the My Buy Orders screen, and the Update button will be highlighted in red on the trading screen.

You can click any existing order on the order screen to auto-fill various fields:

- For sell orders, it auto-fills the sell price, buy price, and buy count up to the minimum of the amount available and amount you could afford at the clicked price. Orders shown in red means you have a conflicting sell order at a lower price; clicking these will not auto-fill the buy fields.

- For buy orders, it auto-fills the buy price, sell price, and sell count up to the stock you have in your inventory (including in any existing sell order). Orders shown in red means you have a conflicting buy order at a higher price; clicking these will not auto-fill the sell fields.

To undercut existing sell orders or overbid existing buy orders, you must ask at least 1% less or bid at least 1% more than the current best order. If the spread is less than 1%, you can still add a buy order at the same price as the best sell order, and vice versa. There is a clickable readout for the minimum bump price below the sell/buy buttons.

If multiple people place an order at the same price, they will be filled in priority of when they were placed.

You can only place a single sell order and a single buy order for a particular item.

Existing sell/buy orders are highlighted in bold down to the depth you have the balance/stock to buy/fill. Any existing sell/buy order you have placed is shown with italic in the order list (assuming it is within the visible depth).

The Market has a 1% trading fee, rounded up. This is deducted from the credits added to the seller's market balance. (In other words, the buyer doesn't pay any fees, which also means that backorders do not incur a fee.)

Important: Using scripts to monitor and modify the price of orders is not allowed. There is a limit to how many orders you can place and/or modify in a certain period of time; exceeding this limit will temporarily lock you out from the market, and hitting this limit repeatedly might get you banned from using it entirely.

The Trade Log

Clicking the "Show Full Trade Log" link from the trading screen lets you view the last 1000 trades for both items and traders.

Player and item names can be clicked to navigate between trade logs. If you navigate to to the log for a different item from what you were originally browsing, it will also link to that item's trading page.

Item Backorders

The Market also replaces Item Backorders. Sales of items to the Item Shop will automatically be used to fill market buy orders, as long as the following conditions are filled:

- The account selling the item is different from the account who placed the market buy order. (This prevents selling loops that could have eaten all your credits if you used certain scripts.)

- The bid price is higher or equal to the base Item Shop price. (This price is listed on the market page)

- There is no existing stock of the item in the Item Shop. (You could buy the existing stock from the Item Shop cheaper in this case.)

Like the old item backorders, the seller receives the standard Item Shop sell price regardless of what the item sells for in the market. This prevents certain types of abuse as well as a loophole in the Isekai lockout.

Other Changes

- Switched player state tracking to a different setup to improve reliability and server maintainability.

- Equipment now keeps the "previously salvaged" flag when transferred from Isekai to Persistent.

- Various shared page elements like the "special" font readouts and filter bars were changed from using floating divs to using flexboxes, which are far easier to work with. This affects hundreds of text readouts, so let me know if you spot any text rendering weirdness on any non-ancient browser.

- Various minor global style/CSS improvements.

---

Update 90.22474487139

A new market price segmenting mechanism has been added, replacing the old minimum overbid/undercut system. Instead of specifically locking overbids/undercuts to +/- 1% of the current max bid/min ask, all bid/ask prices are now restricted to increments that are roughly 0.5-1% apart depending on where you are in the range.

To make it possible for a human to easily math it out, the prices are segmented as such:

- If the price is below 200C, the increment is 1C

- If the price is between 10... and 19... the increment is 1..C

- If the price is between 20... and 49... the increment is 2..C

- If the price is between 50... and 99... the increment is 5..C

In other words, the new price increments look like this:

10C
11C
12C
198C
199C
200C
202C
204C
496C
498C
500C
505C
510C
990C
995C
1000C
1010C
1020C
1980C
1990C
2000C
2020C
2040C
4960C
4980C
5000C
5050C
5100C
9900C
9950C
10000C
10100C
10200C

etc.

Some UI refinements were added to better support this; specifically, buttons were added to the price/count fields to allow fine adjustments to these values. For prices, it will always jump to the closest valid price when clicking these buttons, even if you manually entered an invalid price.

Note that since old bids/asks were not wiped, it can be a little bit awkward to match orders against these until they have all been cleared out - when clicking an old order, it will still autofill its value, but if the price point is invalid with the new segmenting, you would need to adjust your offer up or down be valid with the new system.

- Artifacts no longer award Energy Drinks. Instead, Energy Drinks are now a donator award. Gold Star donators will automatically have 1 Energy Drink added to their inventory every day, assuming that they have visited HV in the last 30 days, while Catgirls get 2. (These are not added with the Dawn Event, but as part of a script run a few minutes past midnight, the same one that adds Soul Fragments for people with the perk.)

- Artifacts can now give you either a 3x Last Elixirs, 1x Flower Vase, 1x Bubble-Gum or 1x Chaos Token. Also, when it drops crystals, you now get 5000 of them (up from 1000).

- Energy Drinks can no longer be sent via MoogleMail. (They can still be traded in The Market).

- Caffeinated Candies can now be traded in The Market.

2023-08-04

- Everyone now has five autocast slots on Persistent. The perk "Innate Arcana" now only gives an upkeep discount on the spells in these slots, it no longer dictates now many slots you have.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 10:33
Post #2
OnceForAll

Fluffy Tail Fox
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Mar~~~ke~~~t~~~~~~ !

Is it possible to do fast-sell just as HVMarket? E.g., set the price at 1 credit, and the market will then sell a specified amount of items to the current highest bidders?

This post has been edited by OnceForAll: Jul 21 2022, 10:35
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 10:37
Post #3
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(OnceForAll @ Jul 21 2022, 10:33) *
Is it possible to do fast-sell just as HVMarket? E.g., set the price at 1 credit and the market will then sell the items to the current highest bidders?

You'd have to set it to 10 C, but sure. Though I'd recommend just clicking the existing order with the price you want to sell/buy at in the opposite column, to prevent the situation where someone beats you to it and you get a worse price than you expected.
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 10:44
Post #4
ihatov

commonsense free operation?
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

It'd be much more convenient to have a dedicated button for withdrawing whole market balance, maybe?
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 10:52
Post #5
SivSilly

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 432 (Dovahkiin)

Looks good. Having never used the old HVmarket myself this will be something new & interesting to play around with.

But I think I'm going to wait a week or two for the bugs to get worked out first. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 10:52
Post #6
idkidk2

EWGF <3
Level 485 (Dovahkiin)

Good QoL update , but don't you think it might slowly kill shops ( hence HV forum activity ) in the end ? Since people will be less and less inclined to check them for practicul reasons.
Because honestly , besides the weekly auction , why would people ( 90%+ of them have already top high-end equipment ) go and check shops now ?
Maybe i'm too much 'nostalgic' i don't know , i always saw HV WTS/WTB section like a micro-village with its own charm. Hopefully i'm wrong , we'll see !
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 10:58
Post #7
SivSilly

Casual Poster
Level 432 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(idkidk2 @ Jul 21 2022, 02:52) *

Good QoL update , but don't you think it might slowly kill shops ( hence HV forum activity ) in the end ? Since people will be less and less inclined to check them for practicul reasons.
Because honestly , besides the weekly auction , why would people ( 90%+ of them have already top high-end equipment ) go and check shops now ?
Maybe i'm too much 'nostalgic' i don't know , i always saw HV WTS/WTB section like a micro-village with its own charm. Hopefully i'm wrong , we'll see !

I was thinking the very same thing. My concern is this update might homogenize the WTS/WTB over time to closely match the Market, and slowly eliminate Sellers from the forums and the working relationships buyers have with those Sellers.
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 10:58
Post #8
what_is_name

Regular Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Maybe a stupid and not that important question:
Mana Potion price 91c each in market now, what happen if a player with Coupon Clipper perk buy it? Will it fill with 90c each or 91c each?

This post has been edited by what_is_name: Jul 21 2022, 10:59
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 11:01
Post #9
wenx°

Casual Poster
Level 459 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(ihatov @ Jul 21 2022, 16:44) *

much more convenient to have a dedicated button for withdrawing whole market balance, maybe?

might need "deposit all" button as well (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

by the way, I hope there would be something that reminds people of the 1% tax. (and explain how it is calculated)
at least on the sell order page.

This post has been edited by wenx°: Jul 21 2022, 11:05
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 11:36
Post #10
kamio11

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(idkidk2 @ Jul 21 2022, 08:52) *

QUOTE(SivSilly @ Jul 21 2022, 08:58) *

I was thinking the very same thing. My concern is this update might homogenize the WTS/WTB over time to closely match the Market, and slowly eliminate Sellers from the forums and the working relationships buyers have with those Sellers.

If the original HVMarket didn't kill the forums, I don't think this will, either.
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 11:47
Post #11
Hekiru

Newcomer
Level 339 (Lord)

1% tax is very low tbh, I was expecting something like 5%
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 12:18
Post #12
mathl33t

Regular Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

So there's a maximum price which is what you can buy items for in Item Shop. Why not add a minimum price being what you can sell items for in Item Shop?

WTB/WTS will stay alive for large orders. Hath exchange also has 1% fee, and mass buyers/sellers often use the forums.
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 12:45
Post #13
mewsf

Regular Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I noticed that scroll of absorption used to have an average price of 4~6c on HVMarket, but in the new market system its minimum price is 10c, so maybe it's good to make it traded in batch?

This post has been edited by mewsf: Jul 21 2022, 12:48
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 13:46
Post #14
Mocka

Newcomer
Level 379 (Dovahkiin)

This is pretty big. Wasn't expecting a whole new trading system
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 14:00
Post #15
Nicosai

Casual Poster
Level 457 (Dovahkiin)

These must be sold below the item shop sell price. If you place a buy order for a staple item at or above the itemshop price, this will automatically fill the order at the itemshop price.

Does this factor in Coupon Clipper?

What happens with Isekai Market Balance at the end of Isekai season? Is it added to Persistent Market Balance, added to Persistent Credits or ...?
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 14:13
Post #16
Noni

Hataraku Noni-sama
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Firefox nightly on mobile Android, the arrows in market show as Grey squares. Still work correctly though.
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 15:24
Post #17
kamio11

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Noni @ Jul 21 2022, 12:13) *

Firefox nightly on mobile Android, the arrows in market show as Grey squares. Still work correctly though.

I see the same thing with Firefox 102.0.1 on Mac.

---

Could we get an option to request a notification (MM or something) when a buy order is fulfilled?

EDIT: How often does the price history update? I recently purchased a Potato Battery and a Solstice Gift on the market but the price history doesn't reflect this.

This post has been edited by kamio11: Jul 21 2022, 17:33
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 17:53
Post #18
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Group: Global Mods
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

From the wiki report thread:

QUOTE(mundomuñeca @ Jul 21 2022, 18:28) *

I can't find an explanation aout the two different system min. prices, for amrket orders vs. backorders.

Like, in the market page when you go to buy/sell Precursor Artifact, in the top of page there is :

" Min price is 10 C for market orders and 10,000 C for backorders. "
I think I get what it means, but shouldn't there be an explanation in the wiki ?

QUOTE(Shank @ Jul 21 2022, 18:45) *

I think backorders were removed, but I'll double check that

QUOTE(what_is_name @ Jul 21 2022, 18:45) *

should be this one.
=============
https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Training#:~:text=d%...evel%20/%2070?).
something not that important, Dissociation levels: 7 d - Cannot be trained beyond (2 + the player's level / 100).

"for market orders and xxxx C for backorders." , some items say this in the market, while others don't. Some item shop ones on the market have "Can always be bought for xxxx C." instead. It's to my understanding backorders were removed, the url also no longer works https://hentaiverse.org/?s=Bazaar&ss=ib , should those lines referring to backorders be changed, or is it referring to something else?

---
QUOTE(kamio11 @ Jul 21 2022, 16:24) *

EDIT: How often does the price history update? I recently purchased a Potato Battery and a Solstice Gift on the market but the price history doesn't reflect this.

I don't know how often it updates on the item page, but opening the transaction history for an item seems to always be updated

This post has been edited by Shank: Jul 21 2022, 17:54
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 18:04
Post #19
what_is_name

Regular Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Shank @ Jul 21 2022, 23:53) *

From the wiki report thread:
"for market orders and xxxx C for backorders." , some items say this in the market, while others don't. Some item shop ones on the market have "Can always be bought for xxxx C." instead. It's to my understanding backorders were removed, the url also no longer works https://hentaiverse.org/?s=Bazaar&ss=ib , should those lines referring to backorders be changed, or is it referring to something else?

you miss read my reply, that's two report, I separete them by ======
the answer for backorders are before that line,
QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jul 21 2022, 16:19) *

The Market also replaces Item Backorders. Sales of items to the Item Shop will automatically be used to fill market buy orders, as long as the following conditions are filled:
- The bid price is higher or equal to the base Item Shop price. (This price is listed on the market page)

And "Can always be bought for xxxx C." only work for Staple items, the Staple items can't backorders

after the line ====== is another different wiki report
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2022, 19:13
Post #20
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Nicosai @ Jul 21 2022, 14:00) *
Does this factor in Coupon Clipper?

Coupon Clipper only works in the item shop. It will never be applicable in the market.

QUOTE(Nicosai @ Jul 21 2022, 14:00) *
What happens with Isekai Market Balance at the end of Isekai season? Is it added to Persistent Market Balance, added to Persistent Credits or ...?

It'll be added to the regular isekai credit balance before the transfers take place.

QUOTE(Noni @ Jul 21 2022, 14:13) *

QUOTE(kamio11 @ Jul 21 2022, 15:24) *
I see the same thing with Firefox 102.0.1 on Mac.

They are unicode arrows, but it looks like Android and Mac doesn't have the full set. I might replace them with some that do. Can you see these?

▲ ▼

QUOTE(kamio11 @ Jul 21 2022, 15:24) *

It should update immediately if there is a transaction, otherwise it's cached for an hour.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 19:19