6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse Persistent 0.89

post Jan 25 2022, 11:19
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Riddlemaster

The pony riddles are now multiple-choice and can have several correct answers. The generated image will always show three ponies; these can all be the same pony, or be two or three different ponies. To solve the riddle, check all the ponies you see in the image and hit Submit Answer within the time limit.

If you do not submit the answers to the riddle within the time limit, it will automatically submit it and use the checked answers unless the answer is more than a couple seconds overdue; if it is, it will be considered a blank answer for accuracy purposes. You do not get the buff in the latter case.

The riddlemaster no longer tells you if the answer is correct or not. It will always give the buff if you answer within the time limit, as well as the heal if the answer is given within the bonus time limit, both of which were adjusted. A spirit heal was also added.

Instead of valuating answers as binary "right" or "wrong" it will internally calculate an accuracy score based on how many unique ponies were displayed and how many right and wrong answers you made. Instead of docking stamina directly, the recent average of these accuracy scores is used internally to adjust the per-battle stamina cost.

The obfuscation factors (blobbiness and graininess) are now dynamic and adjusted internally based on various factors, primarily your level and how much you played lately. Most other aspects of the generation have also been reworked.

Because the images are all randomly generated, you may occasionally (rarely?) encounter jumbled riddles that are difficult or near-impossible to fully discern. Due to this, you will still keep the normal stamina consumption up to some margin of error.

In other words, while it is more difficult to answer perfectly, it is also more forgiving of occasional mistakes.

If your accuracy is low enough to suffer a stamina penalty, the "Stamina" readout at the top of the screen will show in red. Detailed internal numbers (accuracy calculations/requirements, stamina cost factors, obfuscation factor thresholds etc) are not disclosed and no readout will be provided for them.

Note that soliciting people to submit riddle images with answers as well as providing such are now bannable offenses - riddle images can be traced to the account they were generated for. (This doesn't disallow "look at this stupidly impossible riddle lol" kind of posts at a small scale.)

Equipment Cores

- When salvaging Legendary and Peerless equipment, you will now gain "Equipment Cores" - these will be used for a future mechanics where you can improve the base stats of legendary and peerless equipment. See "Future Changes to Equipment Mechanics" below.

There are six types of Equipment Cores; Legendary/Peerless, corresponding to the equipment quality, and Weapon/Staff/Armor, corresponding to the equipment type. Shields count as Armor for this mechanics.

"Rare" equipment types (Phase/Shade/Power Armor as well as Force Shields) give 5 cores, while other equipment types all give 1 core.

Equipment Cores obtained in Isekai will be transferred to Persistent at the end of each season.

Peerless Cores are not tradeable, primary due to the lottery. Legendary Cores may however be traded freely.

- The lottery now has an alternative 1st prize that only rolls for people who DNW the equipment, which replaces the old bonus to 2nd-5th prize win chance. This prize is fixed as the type and number of peerless cores the regular 1st prize would return, plus one bonus core.

Item Backorders (Item Bot)

- The "Item Bot" was renamed to "Item Backorder" to make it clearer what it does.

- Item backorders can now be placed for all current and historic tradeable + sellable + non-staple items. Eventually very old one-off items may be made untradeable to prevent this list from growing excessively.

- Item backorders no longer expire. They are only deleted if the backorder is filled, or if you are the highest bidder for a backordered item sold to the item shop and you don't have the credits to buy it.

- The "Bot Profit Share" mechanics was removed, primarily due to some bad interactions with player locking and people using scripts to sell one item at a time. You should probably be using HVMarket or the forums for selling anyway.

Misc

- IW stamina cost now rounds to the nearest .1 decimal rather than rounding up to the closest whole digit.

- The base durations for most debuff spells was significantly increased.

- When shrining trophies for armor, you can now select the armor slot of the generated equipment. (The new UI also saves 1 whole click over the old way.)

- Catalysts are no longer tradeable. They will likely be retired in the future, with the forge charging credits directly instead, so you should avoid stocking up a huge number of these.

- The limit for primary attribute reassignments was removed. You can now freely reassign EXP at any time.

- Replaced the old "system message" popup. You can now click anywhere to dismiss it, and it no longer lets you click through to the background outside the box.

- Various UI tweaks and improvements.

Future Changes to Equipment Mechanics

Future updates will rework the internals of how equipment is generated and stored to, among other things, allow base stats improvements. Base stat improvements will be limited to Legendary and Peerless equipment only; the ultimate goal being to increase the odds of being able to obtain the ultimate equipment set to a level slightly above "mathematically insignificant" while still preserving the value of existing equipment and not making any existing ways to obtain equipment pointless.

The long and short of it is that with a lot of credits (in the hundreds of millions range) and legendary cores, or a lot of peerless cores, you will be able to turn a Legendary equipment into a Peerless equipment. Peerless equipment will (probably) also be possible to upgrade further.

The "base stat improvement" and "upgrade" mechanics are separate, though there will be various changes to the "upgrade" mechanics as well; you will no longer be "upgrading" stats individually, and tweaks will be made so that "upgrading" below-Legenday equipment is still viable. Existing upgrades will be converted, but I'll get back to the details on that later.

All existing equipment will be converted to the new system, and there should not be any differences between old and new equipment. After the conversion to the new system, any future changes to equipment can also be made retroactively, meaning that the concept of "prepatch" and "postpatch" equipment will no longer be a thing. Various disabled equipment types will also be re-enabled as rare drops.

These changes will also involve replacing the existing "potency" mechanics with a different (less random) system. Existing unlocked potencies will not carry over in any way. The Item World will basically work like The Tower, and will be used to increase an equipment's upgrade cap.

Due to the scale of the changes, it is unlikely that it all makes it into one update. Until the changes have been fully implemented, the updates will be deployed to Isekai only. In other words, this won't be be relevant for Persistent for at least one year.

When the changes eventually reach Persistent, it will no longer be possible to get a refund on upgrades by salvaging, due to a combination of conversion complexity and the fact that equipment stats will be permanently altered. You will of course have the option to do until the updates make it to Persistent.

Further details will be made available as the updates are deployed to Isekai.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 11:43
Post #2
SivSilly

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 432 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jan 25 2022, 04:19) *

- The limit for primary attribute reassignments was removed. You can now freely reassign EXP at any time.

Thank god. I've wanted this feature since 2016. Will make it so much easier when respec'ing either a brand new or older outdated persona.
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 13:02
Post #3
friggo

~Snug as a bug in a rug~
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

So... Is the new riddlemaster working fine for everyone else?

In my case, it worked just okay the first time - ticked the ponies, clicked submit, and got the buff.

Every subsequent time, however, the submit button has been grayed out and the timer is gone. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

[imgur.com] pic here
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 13:15
Post #4
licyh6554

Newcomer
Level 481 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(friggo @ Jan 25 2022, 03:02) *

In my case, it worked just okay the first time - ticked the ponies, clicked submit, and got the buff.

Every subsequent time, however, the submit button has been grayed out and the timer is gone. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

[imgur.com] pic here

me to, friggo (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/anime_cry.gif)

can't click answer
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 13:15
Post #5
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(friggo @ Jan 25 2022, 12:02) *

It's a problem with some auto-advancing function in a 3rd party script, check the Isekai thread.
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 13:27
Post #6
Noni

Hataraku Noni-sama
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jan 25 2022, 12:15) *

It's a problem with some auto-advancing function in a 3rd party script, check the Isekai thread.

in monsterbation:

CODE

clickableRiddlemaster: false, // add links to the riddlemaster to directly submit an answer

or in the UI:

un-check "add links to the riddlemaster to directly submit an answer"

This post has been edited by Noni: Jan 25 2022, 13:30
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 14:43
Post #7
cs987987

笑看牆國人礦小粉紅
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jan 25 2022, 17:19) *

- The lottery now has an alternative 1st prize that only rolls for people who DNW the equipment, which replaces the old bonus to 2nd-5th prize win chance. This prize is fixed as the type and number of peerless cores the regular 1st prize would return, plus one bonus core.

I don't see it in today armor lottery
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 15:38
Post #8
jy-laji

This man has become an island.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(cs987987 @ Jan 25 2022, 20:43) *

I don't see it in today armor lottery

It probably means that you'll see it if you clicked "Do not want" and won the cores.
Oh yeah, you can see it in yesterday's winner:
Equip Winner: ericeric91
Core Winner: atomicpuppy
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 15:39
Post #9
namae56709

Newcomer
Level 427 (Dovahkiin)

The css rule
CODE
#messagebox_inner { overflow: hidden; }
should probably be changed to
CODE
#messagebox_inner { overflow-y: scroll }

It's stopping large gift messages in the monsterlab from being properly readable.
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 16:52
Post #10
Arith Undine

ElvenCon
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Time to salvage Leg-Leather junks!

This post has been edited by Arith Undine: Jan 25 2022, 16:53
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 21:02
Post #11
cs987987

笑看牆國人礦小粉紅
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I feel the Riddlemaster is difficult than Isekai.

The pony always huddle together, and the color is lighter

I don't get stamina penalty anymore in Isekai, but I get stamina penalty after play half of arean,

Can I get the Riddlemaster accuracy data.
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 21:23
Post #12
SPoison

Veteran Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(cs987987 @ Jan 25 2022, 11:02) *

I feel the Riddlemaster is difficult than Isekai.

The pony always huddle together, and the color is lighter

I don't get stamina penalty anymore in Isekai, but I get stamina penalty after play half of arean,

Can I get the Riddlemaster accuracy data.

It's suppose to be harder the longer your play and the higher level you are, so it seems likely it is harder.
+Quote Post

post Jan 25 2022, 21:40
Post #13
BlueWaterSplash

Swimsuit Girl
Level 404 (Godslayer)

Ponies huddling together, yay time to make babies!

On a more serious note, if the lottery is going to give a lot of peerless cores now, then the value of any really good name peerless will become far lower (more limited in the value it can be).

And even if the peerless cores cannot be traded, they can still be used to upgrade a tradeable legendary into a tradeable peerless without needing any extra credits, so in effect they still can be traded.
+Quote Post

post Jan 26 2022, 04:00
Post #14
Basara Nekki

A poor man with a star.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jan 25 2022, 06:19) *

Misc

- The base durations for most debuff spells was significantly increased.

Is this already working? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) For me, Imperil continues to last for only 40 turns. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jan 25 2022, 06:19) *

Misc

- Replaced the old "system message" popup. You can now click anywhere to dismiss it, and it no longer lets you click through to the background outside the box.

I realized a problem in the Monster Lab message. The rolling bar does not appear, and what is shown is just the middle of the table, that is, I have 200 monsters, and what appears in the image below are the monsters around the number 100.

(IMG:[imgur.com] https://imgur.com/18K4cBj.jpg)
+Quote Post

post Jan 26 2022, 04:05
Post #15
piyin

THAT B TRY TO EAT ME!
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Basara Nekki @ Jan 26 2022, 02:00) *

Is this already working? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) For me, Imperil continues to last for only 40 turns. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
I realized a problem in the Monster Lab message. The rolling bar does not appear, and what is shown is just the middle of the table, that is, I have 200 monsters, and what appears in the image below are the monsters around the number 100.

(IMG:[imgur.com] https://imgur.com/18K4cBj.jpg)

Same here. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
+Quote Post

post Jan 26 2022, 04:12
Post #16
Maharid

The Sleeper
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

@Basara Nekki: Imperil seem not touched, i'd hoped to get 50-60 turns, i'm sad.

For the message... i had a script that removed the "XXX brought you some gift" part and only listed the items with the total amount near the name (like Low-grade Leather x24), it was really useful.

I asked in the script thread if someone can make another one or fix the old one.
+Quote Post

post Jan 26 2022, 04:45
Post #17
raraha

Casual Poster
Level 482 (Dovahkiin)

Hi, please consider to extend the trading period of catalyst until they are actually retired in persistent.

The free coupon clipper service provided by the generous community is very helpful for players that don't have the hath perk and it's risky and costly to obtain the hath perk with all the uncertainty.

Thank you
+Quote Post

post Jan 26 2022, 05:32
Post #18
jy-laji

This man has become an island.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(raraha @ Jan 26 2022, 10:45) *

Hi, please consider to extend the trading period of catalyst until they are actually retired in persistent.

The free coupon clipper service provided by the generous community is very helpful for players that don't have the hath perk and it's risky and costly to obtain the hath perk with all the uncertainty.

Thank you

I have the same thought.
If the update is not going to happen within a year, I don't see why you end the trading of them right now. What about the players who want to upgrade equipment right now? The best way would be sending them to someone who has the Coupon Clipper hath perk, I suppose?
Also, after the upgrade update, does Coupon Clipper still give you 10% discount for upgrading? If so, I guess sending your equipment to someone for upgrading would be the common way?
+Quote Post

post Jan 26 2022, 06:49
Post #19
piyin

THAT B TRY TO EAT ME!
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Question!

Did anyhing happened with the shrine?

Tried to shrine 3 PAs and then it popped something like:

"Nothing happened/Wrong item selection" words, but then i went to check my PAs and then they just dissapear.

Any issue there?

Update:

the text reads:

Done
Nothing happen, maybe the trophy id is incorrect or you have run out of that trophy.

and the PA i just bought got ereased.

So?

This post has been edited by piyin: Jan 26 2022, 06:55
+Quote Post

post Jan 26 2022, 07:07
Post #20
SivSilly

Casual Poster
Level 432 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(SPoison @ Jan 25 2022, 14:23) *

It's suppose to be harder the longer your play and the higher level you are, so it seems likely it is harder.

There is something to this. I'm under 400 and so far I've had 2 Riddlemasters and I aced both of them. Maybe it's just luck maybe not.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 00:44