Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Downvote Requestor, Since I can't bear with Tag Check

post May 19 2021, 18:55
Post #1
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

I present to you a single script to do one of the many things Superlatanium's Tag Check does. Requesting downvotes. Once you have downvoted tags in a gallery and they did not go away, the script will generate a downvote request you can paste into the Tagging and Mistagging Assistance thread.

Advantages: It is just that, it builds a downvote request for a single gallery. It does not do anything clever other than that, does not store your tagging history, does not recheck your tags after a while, nothing like that.

Disadvantages: same as the advantages above. It is a question of simplicity versus utility. I like to keep it simple so I wrote this.

Script: [github.com] https://github.com/neptunepenguin/eh_script...maketdn.user.js
Installable link: [github.com] https://github.com/neptunepenguin/eh_script...maketdn.user.js

CODE
USAGE

The script provides a clickable toggle in the top left corner of the page.
Clicking the box opens a dialog containing text about all the tags you have
voted down in the current gallery.  The text is formatted in a way easy to copy
paste into the Tagging and Abuse thread.

Q&A

1. Can you automate the posting to the thread?
No, do not want to make it easier for uselessly spamming the thread.

2. Can you make a request for upvotes too?
No, we have enough people already who will upvote it without checking anyway.

This post has been edited by blue penguin: Jun 11 2021, 01:08
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post May 19 2021, 19:00
Post #2
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Group: Global Mods
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Works great, thanks! This is considerably more useful for someone like me

It may very well be obvious in the code, but for plebs like me: it doesn't need you to revote anything, it works on galleries you previously voted on when you click the button on those galleries (this is pretty obvious as it doesn't store tagging history anyway). It will also recognise downvotes on slaved/blocked tags without issue and list them
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post May 19 2021, 19:21
Post #3
Eboshi

(๑ơ ₃ ơ)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Thanks, it makes the work much easier.

I don't know much about scripts, is there any way I can keep the box opened by default?
+Quote Post

post May 19 2021, 19:42
Post #4
blue penguin

Level 500 (Godslayer)

Just though of how to make the work easier for me. I guess it turns out to be useful for others, thanks for the good words.

QUOTE(Deulkkae @ May 19 2021, 18:21) *
I don't know much about scripts, is there any way I can keep the box opened by default?
This is quite hacky but probably also the cleanest way to go about keeping it open. Change to the from:

CODE

div.addEventListener('click', makeTdnList);
})();

// useful to tell us if something blew up
console.log('eh-maketdn is active');

to
CODE

div.addEventListener('click', makeTdnList);
    div.click();
})();

// useful to tell us if something blew up
console.log('eh-maketdn is active');
(i.e. add div.click(); to simulate a click)

I will add some memory of whether things are in open or hidden state as a requested feature. I guess some memory will not complicate things too much but I need to do some heavy testing for some edge conditions in such a case. e.g. leave it hidden in one gallery, open another and unhide, go back to the original gallery and unhide there too.
+Quote Post

post May 19 2021, 20:11
Post #5
Eboshi

(๑ơ ₃ ơ)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Cool, it works perfect. Much appreciated (for any further updates planned as well).
+Quote Post

post Jun 11 2021, 01:16
Post #6
blue penguin

Level 500 (Godslayer)

Version 0.3 now has a proper show/hide toggle, not just a random white square. It is also now compatible with the scripts for checkers. The div showing the downvotes has been moved a little to provide this compatibility.

Also, a few formatting details have been made to prevent extra newlines on FF.

QUOTE(Deulkkae @ May 19 2021, 18:21) *
Feature now added. When you show the script on one page it will open by default of every new open page; when you hide on one page it will be hidden by default on every new page.

Know bugs:

1. If you open the downvote generator and then start downvoting the panel is not updated with the new downvotes. You need to reload the page or hide and unhide the panel (using the new togggle) to update the new downvotes. This could be fixed by hooking into the downvoting mechanism but it ain't worth adding an extra 200 lines of code to a 100 lines script just to fix this.

P.S. Most modern userscript addons should have figured out the update I pushed and asked you to update the script. Hopefully at least, fingers crossed.

This post has been edited by blue penguin: Jun 11 2021, 01:53
+Quote Post

post Jun 11 2021, 01:44
Post #7
Shank

Roll for Initiative
Group: Global Mods
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Had to update manually for some reason (I have no clue why mine doesn't do it), but works fine doing so. The new style/position looks great, much better than my botched temp solution to get them both fit (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/heh.gif)

Takes two seconds to toggle it on and off, so the bug where it doesn't update on a downvote isn't really a problem, esp with the new layout

Thanks again for the great script bp (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'll report back if something explodes, though I wouldn't expect it to
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Jun 20 2021, 03:18
Post #8
blue penguin

Level 500 (Godslayer)

Tiny colour scheme update. The script is now consistent with several others, and a few things are better visible. Download in OP.

This post has been edited by blue penguin: Jun 20 2021, 03:19
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 20:29