Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> E-Hentai Minor Updates, Fixes, minor tweaks to existing functionality, minor new features

post Jun 5 2022, 18:31
Post #41
uareader

Critter
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(mundomuñeca @ Jun 5 2022, 17:15) *

Will there be something like a warning message when we hit the "download original" link, for confirmation

Or does it just silently siphon off GP points ?

And does it involve evryone, or are donators exempt ?

Just to know where we stand ...
Or is it just about the image limit filling maybe?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jun 5 2022, 20:42
Post #42
Tenboro

Admin

Will there be something like a warning message when we hit the "download original" link, for confirmation

Or does it just silently siphon off GP points ?

It will work like it used to by silently consuming GP if you have any, since it would be pretty awkward to have it prompt for a confirmation. But the cost is fixed and is the same as it would be when resetting image limits, so it should be fairly predictable.

And does it involve evryone, or are donators exempt ?

It applies to everyone, but there's a good chance that the donator/H@H free quota will become applicable for this in the slightly longer term.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Jun 6 2022, 00:27
Post #43
Scumbini

C O C K INJURED
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 447 (Dovahkiin)

Does this affect people using "Source Nexus" or only if you manually hit "Download original" at the bottom of the image page?
+Quote Post

post Jun 6 2022, 08:56
Post #44
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Scumbini @ Jun 6 2022, 00:27) *

Does this affect people using "Source Nexus" or only if you manually hit "Download original" at the bottom of the image page?

Only the link.
+Quote Post

post Jun 17 2022, 21:25
Post #45
goubasen

Lurker
Group: Lurkers

thanks a lot dude (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2022, 07:16
Post #46
Basara Nekki

A poor man with a star.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jan 12 2021, 09:33) *

2022-06-07

A couple of minor tweaks to the "Download source image" changes, since it dropped the utilization by a lot more than we needed it to:

- It no longer applies to galleries posted in the last 7 30 days.

- It no longer applies for donators.

Will donors be exempt when they download galleries older than 30 days?

I just downloaded a gallery from last year, and a small amount of GP was deducted.
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2022, 09:11
Post #47
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Basara Nekki @ Jun 19 2022, 07:16) *
Will donors be exempt when they download galleries older than 30 days?

I just downloaded a gallery from last year, and a small amount of GP was deducted.

Unless you have reached the image limit, it's "free" if the gallery was posted in the last 30 days OR it's not peak hours OR you are a donator. But if you did reach the image limit, it will automatically do the per-account GP quota thing regardless.
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2022, 17:28
Post #48
Basara Nekki

A poor man with a star.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Jun 19 2022, 04:11) *

Unless you have reached the image limit, it's "free" if the gallery was posted in the last 30 days OR it's not peak hours OR you are a donator. But if you did reach the image limit, it will automatically do the per-account GP quota thing regardless.

This is weird. I'm Gold Star, and as I don't usually download much, I didn't reach the weekly limit. And shortly after I posted my message, I downloaded a gallery posted today, at no cost (that means I didn't exceed the limit).

Later I take a test outside of peak hours.
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2022, 17:42
Post #49
Mayriad

SUPER ★ BUSY ★ TIME
Group: Global Mods
Level 133 (Lord)

QUOTE(Basara Nekki @ Jun 19 2022, 15:28) *
This is weird. I'm Gold Star, and as I don't usually download much, I didn't reach the weekly limit. And shortly after I posted my message, I downloaded a gallery posted today, at no cost (that means I didn't exceed the limit).

Later I take a test outside of peak hours.

Are you two talking about the same thing? I think you talked about archive download while Tenboro explained source image download? The part I quoted above is normal if it is archive download, because a non-recreated archive is free before your weekly donator free quota is exhausted. There is no peak hour for archive download.

By the way, the source image thing just means downloading a source image from a gallery more than 30 days old will now cost GP during peak hours for non-donators.
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2022, 18:38
Post #50
Basara Nekki

A poor man with a star.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Mayriad @ Jun 19 2022, 12:42) *

Are you two talking about the same thing? I think you talked about archive download while Tenboro explained source image download? The part I quoted above is normal if it is archive download, because a non-recreated archive is free before your weekly donator free quota is exhausted. There is no peak hour for archive download.

By the way, the source image thing just means downloading a source image from a gallery more than 30 days old will now cost GP during peak hours for non-donators.

Really, I'm talking about file download.

As I said, my weekly quota was not exceeded. And I have now tried clicking on Archive Download, from a gallery posted for 50 days ( https://e-hentai.org/g/2208723/bd244ea581/ ). From the image below, you can see that there will be a GP deduction if I go to download the file. That's what I find weird.

(IMG:[imgur.com] https://imgur.com/Aw4Z8WJ.jpg)

But if I choose a gallery of less than 30 days ( https://e-hentai.org/g/2232361/e765a2db31/ ), the amount is not charged:

(IMG:[imgur.com] https://imgur.com/1XpBm15.jpg)

As I am Gold Star, and I did not exceed the weekly limit, both should be "Free".

Oh, and I didn't download any of the two before (that is, I'm not trying to download again).
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2022, 19:45
Post #51
Mayriad

SUPER ★ BUSY ★ TIME
Level 133 (Lord)

QUOTE(Basara Nekki @ Jun 19 2022, 16:38) *
Really, I'm talking about file download.

"File download" is very ambiguous, but you are indeed talking about archive download given your pictures, and what Tenboro replied to you is irrelevant.

As I said, my weekly quota was not exceeded. And I have now tried clicking on Archive Download, from a gallery posted for 50 days ( https://e-hentai.org/g/2208723/bd244ea581/ ). From the image below, you can see that there will be a GP deduction if I go to download the file. That's what I find weird.

That is normal. As I said in my last post, only non-recreated archives can be free, and what you downloaded here is quite likely a recreated archive that cannot be free, since this gallery is a bit old.

As I am Gold Star, and I did not exceed the weekly limit, both should be "Free".

That is a misconception. See https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Archives#Free_Archives. Recreated archives are never free and you can encounter a lot of them depending on what you download. Note that a recreated archive is one "that has not been downloaded by anyone in 31+ days and therefore require repacking by the server", which is about time last downloaded and differs from the 30 days for source image download, which is about time posted.
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2022, 21:00
Post #52
Basara Nekki

A poor man with a star.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Mayriad @ Jun 19 2022, 14:45) *

That is a misconception. See https://ehwiki.org/wiki/Archives#Free_Archives. Recreated archives are never free and you can encounter a lot of them depending on what you download. Note that a recreated archive is one "that has not been downloaded by anyone in 31+ days and therefore require repacking by the server", which is about time last downloaded and differs from the 30 days for source image download, which is about time posted.

Thank you very much for the explanation. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I really thought that "any and all gallery" would be free as long as I didn't exceed the weekly limit.
+Quote Post

post Jul 4 2022, 15:35
Post #53
theo1996

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 209 (Destined)

The new gp cost for images is pretty steep, some times it costs more than just resetting the limit. But its good for the site. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

post Jul 11 2022, 19:10
Post #54
trn7

Newcomer

After changing servers, I can't log in now. Blocking for ru-IP?
+Quote Post

post Jul 26 2022, 14:31
Post #55
Joe_018

Lurker
Group: Recruits
Level 29 (Apprentice)

QUOTE(theo1996 @ Jul 4 2022, 05:35) *

The new gp cost for images is pretty steep, some times it costs more than just resetting the limit. But its good for the site. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yea I agree but ah well
+Quote Post

post Aug 20 2022, 11:01
Post #56
genl

Casual Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

I've been under a rock for some time. Question about disowned galleries: it seems after 1 week the disowned gallery becomes unlisted and not searchable. Is this intended? Is there no way to list older galleries like this?
+Quote Post

post Aug 20 2022, 12:59
Post #57
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(genl @ Aug 20 2022, 11:01) *
I've been under a rock for some time. Question about disowned galleries: it seems after 1 week the disowned gallery becomes unlisted and not searchable. Is this intended? Is there no way to list older galleries like this?

With an uploader search? Uh, no. That's kind of the point.
+Quote Post

post Aug 20 2022, 13:22
Post #58
genl

Casual Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

So it's basically an instrument to bury a gallery and therefore "remove" it from existence. The action is even named &act=delete. It will only be available via the link like private galleries it seems.

Maybe put some additional information to make it more obvious that disown = delist?

Can it be abused by those who want to wipe tons of content they uploaded previously?

This post has been edited by genl: Aug 20 2022, 13:23
+Quote Post

post Aug 20 2022, 13:32
Post #59
Kagoraphobia

✝️ Ascension of Angel ✝️
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(genl @ Aug 20 2022, 11:22) *
So it's basically an instrument to bury a gallery and therefore "remove" it from existence. The action is even named &act=delete. It will only be available via the link like private galleries it seems.

Maybe put some additional information to make it more obvious that disown = delist?

Can it be abused by those who want to wipe tons of content they uploaded previously?
It should still be searchable via titles or tags. Disowning just means that the gallery is disassociated from the uploader.

In other words, uploaders still can't delete/delist their galleries once they have been published.
+Quote Post

post Aug 20 2022, 13:55
Post #60
genl

Casual Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

That's weird. Searching works now, but it didn't work at the time of my post here.

So there was no intention to delist galleries. Then why a uploader:[Disown] search only shows the recent week plus 30 empty pages? Technical issue or intended limitation?
+Quote Post

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
10 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2024 - 23:23