Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestion: User-voted Consent-o-meter, Middle ground out for vanilla tagging

post May 18 2020, 08:52
Post #1
Hyoros

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 63 (Master)

Here’s an idea. Gallery will have yet another box where user can cast multiple votes on “How consent the content of the gallery are” among these 5 levels:
Sugar = if you are feeling diabetes from reading it (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Vanilla = if it taste bland (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Normal = if it doesn’t fit into other 4 categories (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Non-consent = most blackmail, mind control and some drug go here (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Rape = for blantant rape

By having a subjective-based system it evades the problem of tags like vanilla not being objective in the first place. Also this doesn’t contradict the objective tags. General anthology magazine might have the number all over the places due to its unique nature but this should work well on low page count.
I don’t know about website design but this look similar to wikia’s multiple-choice poll.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post May 18 2020, 11:26
Post #2
Z.G.

I'm the sukebei, for I am holding all hentai in my hands
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 277 (Ascended)

We already have tags for that. And the vanilla tag isn't made, because it's too much a hassle to tag galleries with it. No objective definition which would make it good to use.

You're proposing a sub-tag system, I don't see the point.
+Quote Post

post May 18 2020, 13:05
Post #3
pork:zero

All the World's Evil
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 339 (Godslayer)

Somewhere along the way, near the start of this site, we chose to follow hard definitions for everything.
There are benefits the came from this, but also some downsides for the general, unknowing user.
This is why the most complaints are directed at tags like "netorare."

We don't have such a thing as a purely subjective tag where users can actually "vote", and I don't think we would have one ever.
+Quote Post

post May 18 2020, 21:13
Post #4
@43883

Level 500 (Newbie)

Ratings kind of already achieve that and you'd end up seeing Non-H being marked as rape and ero guro being marked as vanilla. Also, even hand holding can traumatize some users here while eating fec... chocolate makes some users wet, hard or both. The intent is good but in practice, this is not viable.

Multiple votes also increases the abuse potential when users already blatantly abuse whatever majority they hold in the userbase, usually by ganging up and "totally secretly" telling others to do the same thing.
+Quote Post

post May 19 2020, 16:19
Post #5
Dnkz

never despair
Level 415 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Hyoros @ May 18 2020, 06:52) *

Non-consent = most blackmail, mind control and some drug go here (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Rape = for blantant rape

https://ehwiki.org/wiki/rape
Description: Forced or non-consensual sex.

Same reason why we don't have tags such as 'happy sex', 'vanilla', 'ugly bastard' etc. People already star-rate based on their fetishes, that's bad enough.
+Quote Post

post May 19 2020, 16:49
Post #6
Mrsuperhappy

Elite Poster
Group: Global Mods
Level 421 (Godslayer)

"We can't find a way to force certain tags into the system, so let's just make a new system specifically for them"

Ignoring the fact that this is simply a way of getting around the tag system, how does it get policed? Just because 51% of users say something is "vanilla" doesn't mean it is. What if those 51% decide that a snuff/guro gallery is vanilla?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 16:02