> Is this a rewrite?

post Jun 17 2018, 08:45
Post #1
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 365 (Godslayer)

https://e-hentai.org/g/1239941/2150e95a6b/

Just wondering. I compared bubbles and it seems like once or twice they moans might have been altered into short sentences, which is a bad sign, but without knowing JPN better than I do I am unsure...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jun 17 2018, 09:04
Post #2
miceder

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 58 (Expert)

I just glanced over a few pages, but yeah, looks to be a rewrite.
+Quote Post

post Jun 17 2018, 09:05
Post #3
jatrans

Newcomer
Level 22 (Apprentice)

Very likely a rewrite, or someone got too eager with artistic freedom... let's just say a rewrite.

edit: ninja'd

This post has been edited by jatrans: Jun 17 2018, 09:06
+Quote Post

post Jun 17 2018, 10:15
Post #4
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

Ok, I got the PM from the person who commented there first

Why do you think https://e-hentai.org/g/1239941/2150e95a6b/ is a rewrite?

Examples:

Page 1 (raw): Mitsuka Sensei's Forbidden Special Training
Bubble: Today, just for the boys we're going to do Mitsuka Sensei's special training
Page 4: Bubble A: Look. It's the place I (sensei) want you to see the most
Bubble B: uu...
Bubble C: Ok, pull out all of those boners in front of me

And on and on, it's all different

So yep, I am tagging/renaming this to rewrite.

I guess the same set of problems will plague prior release of this uploader: https://e-hentai.org/g/1237083/b3477687a7/

"
Since I don't speak or read Japanese, I did this one with Capture2Text. It worked well enough to guess what they were saying and I could fill in the rest based on their characters from the show. I think it may have come out close to the artists intention (although I did skip the loli pages)."

Sigh.
+Quote Post

post Jun 18 2018, 13:51
Post #5
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

I was handed the script for this Dears story by a new TL who criticized the current version (correctly) for being a rewrite. Before EHCOVE edits the hopefully proper TL of this, can you guys check if this is indeed an improvement?

[pastebin.com] https://pastebin.com/Gh46qqdr
+Quote Post

post Jun 18 2018, 14:52
Post #6
jatrans

Newcomer
Level 22 (Apprentice)

Took a quick glance, seems pretty accurate.
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2018, 03:01
Post #7
CopyOf

Newcomer
Group: Recruits

Sorry about that guys. I did the best I could with OCR software, but it looks like I failed miserably.

The translation posted here is awesome! Thank you to the kind translator who pointed out my mistakes. I'd like to make this right.

If it's allowed, I'd be happy to redo the typesetting with this corrected script (although some minor grammar changes wouldn't hurt). But it sounds like someone else is already taking this on. Is that correct? If so, I'll happily stay out of it. Perhaps I could offer to color another page from this one? The translator can choose his favorite.

Since I'm a newbie, I'd much appreciate any help from you Senpai. Is there a way I can have people create scripts for the projects I'm interested in? There is another one I'd like to typeset from H-h, featuring Ureshiko Asaba from My Wife is a Grownup Magical Girl. Is there a way I can check to see if anyone is already working on the titles I'm interested in?

Believe it or not, I have quite a few projects in the pipe, some already fully typeset. But I'd really love to have a proper script for these.

Again, please accept my apologies. I have much to learn and look forward to working with you all.
+Quote Post

post Jun 19 2018, 05:36
Post #8
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(CopyOf @ Jun 19 2018, 10:01) *

Sorry about that guys. I did the best I could with OCR software, but it looks like I failed miserably.

The translation posted here is awesome! Thank you to the kind translator who pointed out my mistakes. I'd like to make this right.

If it's allowed, I'd be happy to redo the typesetting with this corrected script (although some minor grammar changes wouldn't hurt). But it sounds like someone else is already taking this on. Is that correct? If so, I'll happily stay out of it. Perhaps I could offer to color another page from this one? The translator can choose his favorite.

Since I'm a newbie, I'd much appreciate any help from you Senpai. Is there a way I can have people create scripts for the projects I'm interested in? There is another one I'd like to typeset from H-h, featuring Ureshiko Asaba from My Wife is a Grownup Magical Girl. Is there a way I can check to see if anyone is already working on the titles I'm interested in?

Believe it or not, I have quite a few projects in the pipe, some already fully typeset. But I'd really love to have a proper script for these.

Again, please accept my apologies. I have much to learn and look forward to working with you all.

Welcome to the forums.

As I noted in the PM, best way to use your skills would be to focus on editing, and until your JPN skills improve, leave TLing to a TL. You can work with TL and ask them to TL the scripts you want either as part of a group, doing TL for editing deals, or through the bounty system (doing editing bounties and using the payouts to put up TL bounties).

Some TLs may appreciate OCRed script instead of having to deal with some kanji on the pages, particularly if it is handwritten, but not being a TL I can't comment how many would really care about that.

You can post your scripts here for proofreading, but it's one thing to get comments on few bubbles, it is another to find someone to effectively retranslate it (since MT is not generally going to save a TL that much time, AFAIK).

You can of course release what you have, particularly if you edited it already, but in the future I'd recommend not doing more (effective) rewrites, they are not (IMHO) the best use of an editor's time, when there are so many proper scripts waiting to be edited (just check the editing bounties).

Regarding v2 of the Dears script, you are welcome to use it, through in this case since I've already put a thank you bounty for wckd (https://e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=18181) I'd ask you to treat it as an EHCOVE co-release, and when you re-upload it (as a separate gallery, to avoid rewrite retagging) please use [EHCOVE] tag (or EHCOVE+your nick), We will also help with QC along the way. PM me more to discuss details. We are always happy to work with new editors (translators, etc.).

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Jun 19 2018, 05:38
+Quote Post

post Jun 20 2018, 05:40
Post #9
CopyOf

Newcomer
Group: Recruits

I'll take you up on that! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 21:12