34 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.86, Extra proficient

post Aug 16 2017, 13:46
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Proficiency

- Proficiency has been reworked, and is now based on the amount of experience you gain during battles where a proficiency is used in some way. This should fix the problem where proficiency falls way behind on early levels and caps easily on later levels.

Proficiency experience uses the exact same formula as level experience, but you gain twice the stated number of experience, plus whatever additional bonus you get from the Assimilator proficiency training. All normal bonuses to EXP are included in proficiency EXP.

As before, armor proficiency adds 20% to the gain rate for every armor piece of a given type you wear. For example, wearing all heavy armor gives you 100% Heavy gain rate, while replacing 1 Heavy piece for 1 Light piece would give you 80% Heavy gain rate and 20% Light gain rate.

Using any spell will enable 100% gain rate for the proficiency in question for that round. Similarly, having any auto-casted spell enables 100% gain rate for Supportive proficiency.

The Niten fighting style now gives 50% two-handed and 50% dual-wield proficiency gain.

Base proficiency is now capped at 20% above your current level; for example, at level 300, proficiency caps at 360, while at level 500, proficiency caps at 600.

Note that the changes are mostly internal - proficiency is still listed in increments, and it will still notify you for incremental gains.

- The max level for the Assimilator training was increased to 25.

Monster Lab

The in-game code to prevent generic/facerolled monster names was added. If a monster is flagged, it will show up in red and no longer give any gifts. If it remains flagged for over a month, it will be deactivated and unnamed.

Renaming a monster will remove the flag. It will not retroactively award any gifts that were lost due to being flagged.

The flagging has not begun yet, so this is the last chance to fix such names before gifts start being revoked.

Hath Perks

- A new "Hoarder" series of hath perks were added. These make equipment placed in storage not count towards your equipment limit, up to the number listed on each perk. Note that you can still place more equipment in storage than you have perks for, they will just count towards the usual limit instead.

- The Daemon Duality series of hath perks now go up to Tier 9 (+50% damage).

Note that the cost of some older hath perks will soon be increased to match the increased availability. Buy them now if you want them at the old price.

Misc

- You can now manually type desired item counts in the item shop. The button interactions were also improved, and the negative buttons were removed. You can buy up to 99999 items in one go.

- The base images for the riddlemaster have been cycled. It will also now pull 2-3 bases for every riddle. If you get any that are particularly hard to make out, save it and let me know.

- Stamina restoration will no longer pop up unless you have below 85 stamina.

2017-08-17 Changes

- You will now always gain the proficiency experience for the fighting style you are using, similar to how armor works. This means you will now gain proficiency with staff even without whacking things.

- Base proficiency experience factor was increased from x2 to x4, which would allow you to keep every proficiency at level without any additional trainings.

2017-10-05 Changes

- Dawn experience is now added to all proficiency experiences in the first battle fought after dawn. This is applied without a modifier and does not take proficiency trainings into account; it is only there to prevent dawns from having proficiency fall behind.

2019-02-01 Changes

- Item bot bidding is now blind. This means you can no longer see if anyone else has an active order or what it is. (Not without selling an item, anyway.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:00
Post #2
teddy.bear

Regular Poster
Group: Members
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Thanks for the update.

As for proficiency, does this mean we will need to invest in assimilator to keep proficiency at level or only to increase it above level.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:02
Post #3
mozilla browser

Nutscrape Navigator
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Damn, I shouldn't have bought the snowflake perk
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:05
Post #4
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(teddy.bear @ Aug 16 2017, 14:00) *

As for proficiency, does this mean we will need to invest in assimilator to keep proficiency at level or only to increase it above level.

You gain twice as much proficiency exp as level exp, so you can keep two fighting styles at level even without assimilator.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:20
Post #5
teddy.bear

Regular Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Aug 16 2017, 14:05) *

You gain twice as much proficiency exp as level exp, so you can keep two fighting styles at level even without assimilator.

How many levels will I need to keep all melee styles at or above level?

Does this mean proficiency for styles I haven't trained much will catch up faster now?

I only play RE and get dawn exp atm, will my proficiency now fall behind by a lot?
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:23
Post #6
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(teddy.bear @ Aug 16 2017, 14:20) *
How many levels will I need to keep all melee styles at or above level?

Depends on whether you include staff. 10 levels gives you 4x proficiency exp compared to level exp.

Does this mean proficiency for styles I haven't trained much will catch up faster now?

It should, but it depends on what level you are and how far behind it was.

I only play RE and get dawn exp atm, will my proficiency now fall behind by a lot?

Should fall behind by less. Higher-experience battles will now give more proficiency, relatively, and REs barely gave proficiency before.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:24
Post #7
Noni

Hataraku Noni-sama
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Aug 16 2017, 14:05) *

How are we supposed to increase Staff proficiency? We don't get that during normal play, because wacking monsters on their head with a staff won't kill them. Staff grinding as we used to do is sooooo slooooow now at my level, it it even possible? I suppose you'd better kill the staff proficiency completely, because now it's quite useless so it seems. was this intended?
+Quote Post

Post #8
Scremaz

A certain pervert. OT expert. Just dancing around in the game.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

can we have arrow scrollers on Battle > IW menus and in Character > Statistic section, please?

nvm, it was due to an interaction with a script...

This post has been edited by Scremaz: Aug 16 2017, 14:46
+Quote Post

Post #9
FAhentai

Active Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Hi Tenboro:
about
Base proficiency is now capped at 20% above your current level; for example, at level 300, proficiency caps at 360, while at level 500, proficiency caps at 600.

Is that cap includes proficiency hath perk or not?
Eg:any one who is LV500, gets 600 dark/holy proficiency + dark/holy proficiency hath perk. Suppose all his gears get 0 proficiency boost, than what is his actual proficiency? still 600 or 660(600*1.1)?
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:26
Post #10
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(DJNoni @ Aug 16 2017, 14:24) *

How are we supposed to increase Staff proficiency? We don't get that during normal play, because wacking monsters on their head with a staff won't kill them. Staff grinding as we used to do is sooooo slooooow now at my level, it it even possible? I suppose you'd better kill the staff proficiency completely, because now it's quite useless so it seems. was this intended?

Whacking one enemy with your staff once will give you 100% staff exp for that battle.

QUOTE(FAhentai @ Aug 16 2017, 14:24) *

Is that cap includes proficiency hath perk or not?
Eg:any one who is LV500, gets 600 dark/holy proficiency + dark/holy proficiency hath perk. Suppose all his gears get 0 proficiency boost, than what is his actual proficiency? still 600 or 660(600*1.1)?

The proficiency perk is calculated separately, the cap applies to the base.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:27
Post #11
teddy.bear

Regular Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Just did a RE, my proficiencies are now .27 above my level. It does not display proficiency gain at round end
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:30
Post #12
Noni

Hataraku Noni-sama
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Aug 16 2017, 14:26) *

Whacking one enemy with your staff once will give you 100% staff exp for that battle.

Nice! One blow does it! No more staff grinding! Thanks TenB, you are the best!
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:30
Post #13
Epion

I'm responsible for what I say. Not for what YOU understand.
Level 500 (Godslayer)

(IMG:[i.ytimg.com] https://i.ytimg.com/vi/J4klnFuzlDg/maxresdefault.jpg)
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:34
Post #14
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(teddy.bear @ Aug 16 2017, 14:27) *

Just did a RE, my proficiencies are now .27 above my level. It does not display proficiency gain at round end

A minor quirk with the conversion process, everyone got a small proficiency increase. However, this also means you won't see any increases until the EXP catches up.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:35
Post #15
FAhentai

Active Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Aug 16 2017, 22:26) *

nice, finally you buffed holy/dark (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:36
Post #16
Noni

Hataraku Noni-sama
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

New riddles! I answered correctly, of course.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:39
Post #17
Scremaz

A certain pervert. OT expert. Just dancing around in the game.
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Aug 16 2017, 13:46) *

- The max level for the Assimilator training was increased to 25.

same price modifiers as below? i mean, new levels' cost is merely a prolonging of the old curve?
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:41
Post #18
teddy.bear

Regular Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Aug 16 2017, 14:34) *

A minor quirk with the conversion process, everyone got a small proficiency increase.

Ok then I don't appear to be gaining proficiency as I have done a Re and first 5 arenas and it's still at .27. I did start assimilator training before doing the arenas though(if that inteferes somehow) and had only checked proficiency after the RE.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:42
Post #19
Chisato Nishikigi

Regular Poster
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Thank you so much,
though I still hope that we could have more new perks.
+Quote Post

post Aug 16 2017, 14:47
Post #20
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Scremaz @ Aug 16 2017, 14:39) *

same price modifiers as below? i mean, new levels' cost is merely a prolonging of the old curve?

Very slight adjustments to the curve.

QUOTE(teddy.bear @ Aug 16 2017, 14:41) *

Ok then I don't appear to be gaining proficiency as I have done a Re and first 5 arenas and it's still at .27. I did start assimilator training before doing the arenas though(if that inteferes somehow) and had only checked proficiency after the RE.

Like I said, it will take a while until the EXP catches up and you start seeing those messages. I didn't notice this until HV went live again, and it's not really worth correcting.
+Quote Post

34 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 19:23