> Ero-Sennin Seasonal Scan Shop

post Nov 27 2016, 11:51
Post #1
Ero-Sennin

Hermit Scanner
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 428 (Lord)

Ero-Sennin Seasonal Scan Shop

I will be available for commissioned scans for the month of December. My primary goal is to provide services for the winter comiket, taking place from the 29th to the 31st, however I will be open for smaller jobs in the days leading up the event as well. My goal is to leverage my living in Japan to provide fast scans, of a high quality, at a fair price.

I am currently employed full time, so my time is limited which is why I will only be working on commissions during the time I am on vacation, which is from the 19th of December to the 8th of January. At my current level I can scan and clean three average length books a day. There will be three scanning periods. The 1st period is from the 19th to the 28th, I will scan about 30 books of whatever you want. The 2nd period is from the 3rd of January to the 8th, I will scan 20 books from comiket within a week of the end of the event. The 3rd and final period is from the 9th to whenever the last book is done, I will scan 20 more books from comiket. The last period takes place after I return from my vacation, so I will only be able to work on orders after work and on the weekends. It is for people who want books from comiket that they feel other scanners won't get to and don't mind a bit of a wait.

Ordering

All orders start on the 1st of December. The last day for placing an order for the 1st period is the 15th, this way I have time to get all the books before my vacation starts. The last day for placing an order for books from comiket will be the 28th. To place an order PM me using this template.

Subject: 1st/2nd/3rd PERIOD [(Circle) Author] Title
ex: 1st PERIOD [(Chicken) Tie] Smutty Mcsmut

Please provide as much information as you can, I have accounts with these sites:

[www.toranoana.jp] http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/
[www.melonbooks.co.jp] https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/
[nagomi.ne.jp] http://nagomi.ne.jp/web/top/
[www.mandarake.co.jp] https://www.mandarake.co.jp/index2.html
[www.suruga-ya.jp] http://www.suruga-ya.jp/

It takes at most 5 days for an order to get to me. I can also go to the physical stores to pick things up so long as they are located in the Tokyo area. Also, while not needed if you could leave an email address I can get a hold of you that would help speed things along. I will be setting a limit of 5 books per order. Any books 8 pages or less do not count in your total book limit. I do not have any hard rules for forbidden content as of now, if that changes I will post it here. I will only contact you if I am willing to take on your commission. Once all spots are filled no more commissions for that period will be looked at. All orders place outside of the set dates will not be looked at.

Payment

Payment will be done via PayPal in USD, I will not take payment in credits, hath or GP. The cost of your commission will be determined by three factors:

Base Cost: However much the book cost in USD on the date of purchase

Scanning/Cleaning:

Raw scans:
less than 70 pages .25 USD
More than 70 pages .40 USD

Cleaned scans:
.50 USD per page
Books 20 to 25 pages long are a flat 10 USD
Books over 40 pages are .65 USD per page
Any books over 70 pages are raw scan only

Any free booklets that come with your book will receive the same service as the book you bought for free. Also front and back covers do not count towards page count.

Raw only for books over 70 pages is me meeting half way for people who want tankobon, magazines, art books, compilation books. I am doing this during my vacation and don't want to spend a whole day working on a single 70-150 page book.

Acquisition: The final factor in price is how much time and money it takes for me to get a hold of the book you want. If the book can be bought online then you just have to pay for the shipping. For any book I have to travel to a store to get I will charge the cost of transiting to the location and a 3 USD service fee. For commissions from Comiket 91, there will only be a service fee of 5 USD. If there are any other cost involved with getting your book I will contact you with the details. All travel and service fees are per order not per book.

Examples:

One 25 page book that cost 10 USD from an online store will cost 10 (base price) + 10 (cleaning fee) = 20 USD plus shipping

One 30 page book that cost 10 USD from Comiket will cost 10 (base price) + (.50 * 30) (cleaning fee) + 5 (service fee) = 20 USD

One 25 page book that cost 10 USD picked up from Akihabara will cost 10 (base price) + 10 (cleaning fee) + (7.77 train fair) + 3 (service fee) = 30.77 USD

Payments will be broken up into two parts. Once I get the book I will send you confirmation that I have it, at that time you will pay for the base price of the book and any acquisition fees. Once I am done I will upload a few sample pages to a private gallery for you to look over. If everything is satisfactory then I will upload it to mega and once you pay the scanning/cleaning fee I will send you the link. I will not start scanning a book until I get word back from you after I send you the confirmation I have the book. Once I get word from you, we will go over again how much the first half of the payment is and I will put your order in the queue. People who send in the first half of their payments in a timely manner will find their order higher up on the queue. If I do not hear from you or get the first half of your payment in 1 week I will cancel your order. For information on the status of your order you can check this thread, please do not contact me asking when it will be done, if any delays come up I will contact you as soon possible and will post an update in this thread.

End Product

I aim to give you exactly what you want within reason and my skill level. The only thing I can not do is merge pages. It takes me far too long to do and I am not very good at it. If you do not have any request on how you want your scans this is what I will be sending you.

Raw Scans:
Scans at 600 dpi jpg

Scanned and Cleaned:
Scans at 600 dpi jpg
Cleaned original size scans png
Cleaned 1200 x 1700 scans jpg

The reason I switch from jpg to png back to jpg, is because it lets me keep the original scans and the cleaned scans in the same folder with the same name. This lets me see in real time if I skipped or missed numbered a page. I switch back to jpg when re-sizing. At this time I am only providing digital product and will be unable to send you the physical books. If you have a specific way you want your scans please let me know when you place your order.

Closing

This is just me putting my foot into the water of the world of commissioned scans. If this works out I may be open to doing something like this for the summer comiket as well. If anyone has feedback on how I can improve please feel free to let me know.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 1 2016, 01:39
Post #2
DWK1116

Newcomer
Group: Recruits

Can you do one specific chapter of a magazine that has over 200 pages? You just need to scan that one chapter.

The thing is that I REALLY want to read this chapter in the magazine Monthly Vitamin called Crystal Days by Kobayashi Takumi. It's the last one and I really want to know how it ends. I usually buy the digital version, but it's not showing up on the DMM site despite it usually being there at Midnight of the 30th each month. It's in the 12/2016 issue (Girl on the cover has an orange bikini bottom). It should be around 24 pages and I'd like them all scanned and cleaned. It should be available on Suruga or Melonbooks. If you accept this, I'll send you my email in a PM.

Edit: NVM it's cancelled.

This post has been edited by DWK1116: Dec 7 2016, 18:19
+Quote Post

post Dec 1 2016, 19:21
Post #3
Armada Du

Newcomer
Group: Recruits
Level 41 (Artisan)

(IMG:[desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz] http://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1480/54/1480543202952.jpg)
Motherfucking PMed at the speed of light.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:15