Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remove gallery from public, Or alternatives?

post Sep 14 2016, 07:13
Post #1
NekoHime27

忙しい猫姫
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 405 (Godslayer)

The artist to one of my RAW uploads has requested me to remove the availability of his book from the public. Is there any way besides expunging? Like making the gallery private etc.

And don't bother with saying, "Once a gallery is uploaded it belongs to everyone in E-hentai", he will request an official take down if there's no other alternatives. I don't want to bother him with doing that so that's why I'm asking here first.

So is expunging the only way? Or is that any other way to remove the public's access to the gallery?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 07:43
Post #2
Mrsuperhappy

Elite Poster
Group: Global Mods
Level 417 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(chung2795 @ Sep 14 2016, 06:13) *

making the gallery private

Or as you rightly mention, a proper takedown request.

This post has been edited by Mrsuperhappy: Sep 14 2016, 07:43
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 08:15
Post #3
NekoHime27

忙しい猫姫
Level 405 (Godslayer)

Looks like eh system is as inflexible as always. Thanks, I know I can always count on you all [/sarcasm]
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 08:25
Post #4
Mrsuperhappy

Elite Poster
Level 417 (Godslayer)

You asked if you could make it private, I said yes you can. Not sure how that equates to inflexibility.
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 08:41
Post #5
Dammon

♡(✿ˇ◡ˇ)人(ˇ◡ˇ✿)♡ Moe Bros
Level 500 (Godslayer)

I don't believe it is possible to make a gallery private once it has been published. Even if it were, what's to stop someone else from reposting it?
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 09:06
Post #6
NekoHime27

忙しい猫姫
Level 405 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Dammon @ Sep 14 2016, 14:41) *

I don't believe it is possible to make a gallery private once it has been published. Even if it were, what's to stop someone else from reposting it?

Thanks, Mr Happy didn't get this
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 19:18
Post #7
Mrsuperhappy

Elite Poster
Level 417 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(chung2795 @ Sep 14 2016, 08:06) *

Thanks, Mr Happy didn't get this

True, it appears I was mistaken, but my statement did not imply any inflexibility, entirely the opposite, it implied you could do exactly what you wanted.
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 21:02
Post #8
NekoHime27

忙しい猫姫
Level 405 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Mrsuperhappy @ Sep 15 2016, 01:18) *

True, it appears I was mistaken, but my statement did not imply any inflexibility, entirely the opposite, it implied you could do exactly what you wanted.

So tell me how can I make my gallery private? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 21:06
Post #9
Mrsuperhappy

Elite Poster
Level 417 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(chung2795 @ Sep 14 2016, 20:02) *

So tell me how can I make my gallery private? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Are you purposely missing parts of each of my posts? first you imply inflexibility when my reply said otherwise and now you miss this part;

QUOTE(Mrsuperhappy @ Sep 14 2016, 18:18) *

True, it appears I was mistaken

This post has been edited by Mrsuperhappy: Sep 14 2016, 21:07
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 21:08
Post #10
NekoHime27

忙しい猫姫
Level 405 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Mrsuperhappy @ Sep 15 2016, 03:06) *

Are you purposely missing parts of each of my posts? first you imply inflexibility when my reply said otherwise and now you miss this part;

It's fine now, I've reached a compromise with the artist. Sorry for wasting your time
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 21:09
Post #11
Mrsuperhappy

Elite Poster
Level 417 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(chung2795 @ Sep 14 2016, 20:08) *

It's fine now, I've reached a compromise with the artist. Sorry for wasting your time

Well no it's ok, sorry my original answer was inaccurate, I had assumed it would work like a reclass, but I have no stars to be able to find out.
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 22:00
Post #12
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(chung2795 @ Sep 14 2016, 20:08) *
Dude, don't be so formal on this. Let me add the legal stuff around this issue.

After published the gallery belongs to the community (see here, under "I cannot delete my gallery"). There are several reasons behind that:

1. Stop trolls from deleting content from their own galleries.
2. Not allow people to harass users (as in your case), it is the community that has decision power not the user.
3. Stop trolls claiming to be artists to do the same

The takedown DMCA process is designed to ensure that the person claiming his affiliation actually has the affiliation. Therefore it is to protect the users of EH, and EH as well.

And yeah, you can definitely quote me on this, it is our job here to deal with this stuff.

Don't go around parlaying too much, if you consider yourself harassed send the guys my way. We already deal with enough 4chan trolls, so, if it happens to be a troll he will get nuked. If it happens to be the real artist he will have no issue with the DMCA (since it is the artist anyway).

Extra note: I fail to understand how so many people disregard the huge free marketing that EH provides to their work.
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2016, 22:49
Post #13
NekoHime27

忙しい猫姫
Level 405 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(blue penguin @ Sep 15 2016, 04:00) *

Extra note: I fail to understand how so many people disregard the huge free marketing that EH provides to their work.

Well, the sales of that particular doujin did drop after my upload was published...
And Taiwan doesn't have a domestic market as big as Japan's. So an upload of their doujin would naturally hurt their domestic sales. As they don't have access to international market and their digital storefront is still in its infancy.

Well I hope this kind of incident won't happen again, it really discourages me from scanning RAWs
+Quote Post

post Sep 15 2016, 11:10
Post #14
@43883

Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Newbie)

QUOTE(blue penguin @ Sep 14 2016, 20:00) *
I stopped trying to understand that one - came to the conclusion they don't want free marketing and would rather get raped by publishers. Money and power (including virtual forms) don't just corrupt, they also make some people really dumb.

As for removing a gallery - you are forced to read and abide to the Terms of Service when you publish a gallery. So, the options are:
1) If the gallery has been published, a proper takedown request. Legal reminder: being the CEO, guru, vice-founder or whatever of some translation shack doesn't make you hold rights on a work that is a raw before it is a translation.
2) If the gallery hasn't been published yet, either publish it as private with at least a Bronze Star thanks to previous abuse (you still abide by the ToS) or don't publish it at all (at this point, you haven't agreed to them yet).

This post has been edited by Luna_Flina: Sep 15 2016, 11:12
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 11:49