Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This style of bounty shouldn't be allowed

post May 21 2016, 09:47
Post #1
G Just G

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 177 (Lord)

this is an unclaimable bounty if you read the description.

https://e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=14195

Edit 5-21-16:
I have no problem with AtomicPuppy I've given him hundreds of millions of credits and tens of thousands of hath. He's not violating any rule at all. What I'm saying is that he has found an area which no rule covers that a rule should cover. I didn't contact him directly because he's not violating any rule.

I just feel he should be.

This post has been edited by G Just G: May 21 2016, 23:08
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 12:04
Post #2
foobar20324

Casual Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 159 (Lord)

Hrm, even worse is that he is pushing this bounty every other day or so by first removing, and then re-adding the very same bounty amount:
2016-05-20 00:06 60M Credits atomicpuppy
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 15:28
Post #3
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Level 500 (Godslayer)

How to claim this bounty: Translate this gallery to English, with Japanese script on top plox, pages 02 to 53: https://e-hentai.org/g/706110/89574430ed/
I'd argue his bigger problem is Engrish, whatever "top plox" mean.

There's nothing wrong in asking someone else to verify your bounty description, or copying bounty text from someone else.

He's just a bored catgirl without anything to do with the credits.

I have pointed him to this thread, in his own thread in the translation cove (that is a valid place to discuss bounties so it shall be fine).

This post has been edited by blue penguin: May 21 2016, 15:29
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 15:49
Post #4
ilwaz

Casual Poster
Level 13 (Novice)

QUOTE(blue penguin @ May 21 2016, 09:28) *

I'd argue his bigger problem is Engrish, whatever "top plox" mean.

I think Plox is netspeak for please, so they are asking for "japanese script on top, please"
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 15:58
Post #5
foobar20324

Casual Poster
Level 159 (Lord)

QUOTE(blue penguin @ May 21 2016, 15:28) *
There's nothing wrong in asking someone else to verify your bounty description, or copying bounty text from someone else.

Except there is also that "Reserved for Snowflake" line in the bounty description, which renders the bounty unfulfillable.

There are a couple of rules missing here, which the lack of is currently abused:
  • Bounties must be fulfilable.
  • Since there is a reservation system in place, marking a bounty as "reserved" by description is void.
  • You must not attempt to bypass the "minimum increase to push" rule by removing a reward first.
  • You must not encourage other users to break the former rule on a bounty you posted.

This post has been edited by foobar20324: May 21 2016, 16:03
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 16:49
Post #6
G Just G

Casual Poster
Level 177 (Lord)

I will -gladly- flood the bounty system with bounties that cannot be claimed by anyone just to prove that allowing this to continue is a horrible idea.
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 16:56
Post #7
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Level 500 (Godslayer)

hold your horses!

QUOTE(foobar20324 @ May 21 2016, 14:58) *
Except there is also that "Reserved for Snowflake" line in the bounty description, which renders the bounty unfulfillable.
Whelp, that "there's nothing wrong with" was directed at atomicpuppy, who, i hope, will come to this thread.

He isn't a random spammer, neither he is unreasonable. He is around for a long time, and he knows most of the rules. All i wanna argue is that (contrary to random spammers) we should try a meaningful discussion first.

If he does not appear, i'll poke him by PM.
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 17:41
Post #8
ilwaz

Casual Poster
Level 13 (Novice)

QUOTE(G Just G @ May 21 2016, 10:49) *

I will -gladly- flood the bounty system with bounties that cannot be claimed by anyone just to prove that allowing this to continue is a horrible idea.

Take a chill-pill man. What's got you so jaded?

QUOTE(foobar20324 @ May 21 2016, 09:58) *

Since there is a reservation system in place, marking a bounty as "reserved" by description is void.

This rule and the reservation system are pretty new (a couple months?) iirc, older users may not have seen that this was implemented and the rules updated. Like blue penguin said, let's just alert atomic puppy that he should actually reserve it, instead of just adding that text to the description.
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 20:14
Post #9
svines85

doesn't care unless provoked
Level 157 (Lord)

QUOTE(foobar20324 @ May 21 2016, 15:58) *

There are a couple of rules missing here, which the lack of is currently abused:
  • Bounties must be fulfilable.
  • Since there is a reservation system in place, marking a bounty as "reserved" by description is void.
  • You must not attempt to bypass the "minimum increase to push" rule by removing a reward first.
  • You must not encourage other users to break the former rule on a bounty you posted.

Hmmm......well, in the case of the "since there is a reservation/marking as "reserved" is void" part......yeah, I've got to be honest, I didn't know that had been added, happen to have a couple of my own bounties just like that (hey, I've got my reasons).......however that rule does not say I can't do that it simply says it's "void", which, means to me the site won't consider that as a legitimate reason to dispute a claim. So, yeah, okay, I've been warned, understand, and proceed at my own risk. Fine, no rule actually broken here, right?

Some of those others, the "must be fulfilable" part......yeah, well, rules are rules, I guess you're right and it needs to be brought up. atomicpuppy does help bring a lot of manga to the English speaking community, so yeah, I'd personally assume it's just an oversight on their part.

This post has been edited by svines85: May 21 2016, 20:16
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 20:40
Post #10
foobar20324

Casual Poster
Level 159 (Lord)

QUOTE(svines85 @ May 21 2016, 20:14) *

Hmmm......well, in the case of the "since there is a reservation/marking as "reserved" is void" part......yeah, I've got to be honest, I didn't know that had been added

These are not rules yet. Just loopholes in the existing rules, where you would have expected that common sense would have been sufficient NOT to abuse these. Loopholes such as reserving a fake bounty to a "user" who is certainly not participating in the bounty hunt.

This post has been edited by foobar20324: May 21 2016, 20:42
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 20:48
Post #11
svines85

doesn't care unless provoked
Level 157 (Lord)

QUOTE(foobar20324 @ May 21 2016, 20:40) *

These are not rules yet. Just loopholes in the existing rules, where you would have expected that common sense would have been sufficient NOT to abuse these. Loopholes such as reserving a fake bounty to a "user" who is certainly not participating in the bounty hunt.

Ah, I see that now, I didn't read your post closely enough, my bad.....it's what I get for trying to participate when I'm still half-asleep (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yeah, I've looked back over the wiki now........so, why are we making a big deal out of this again? It's not really at all, is it?
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 21:42
Post #12
ilwaz

Casual Poster
Level 13 (Novice)

QUOTE(svines85 @ May 21 2016, 14:48) *

Yeah, I've looked back over the wiki now........so, why are we making a big deal out of this again? It's not really at all, is it?

I was thinking the same thing... It's a 60M credit bounty for translating a 53 page novel. It was reserved for someone (looks like it got edited out). The rest of the text is just describing his bounty methodology for all of his bounties, not some arcane rules or anything like that. It certainly looks fine to me.
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 22:41
Post #13
foobar20324

Casual Poster
Level 159 (Lord)

QUOTE(ilwaz @ May 21 2016, 21:42) *

I was thinking the same thing... It's a 60M credit bounty for translating a 53 page novel. It was reserved for someone (looks like it got edited out). The rest of the text is just describing his bounty methodology for all of his bounties, not some arcane rules or anything like that. It certainly looks fine to me.

Except that when I last checked a couple of days ago, this "bounty" didn't even include the coverup bounty now shown, but only the "rules". And that thing is being kept pushed to the first page, top osition over and over again by abusing the option to remove a previous reward from a bounty and just adding it again right away.
+Quote Post

post May 21 2016, 23:08
Post #14
G Just G

Casual Poster
Level 177 (Lord)

I have no problem with AtomicPuppy I've given him hundreds of millions of credits and tens of thousands of hath. He's not violating any rule at all. What I'm saying is that he has found an area which no rule covers that a rule should cover. I didn't contact him directly because he's not violating any rule.

I just feel he should be.
+Quote Post

post May 22 2016, 01:30
Post #15
Mags_

Reclaimer of my name
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(G Just G @ May 22 2016, 00:49) *

QUOTE(blue penguin @ May 22 2016, 00:56) *

hold your horses!

[attachembed=86124]
+Quote Post

post May 22 2016, 02:40
Post #16
EsotericSatire

Look, Fat.
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

wowzers over 300m in bounties total across all those listed by AP. That seems like a decent amount.

This post has been edited by EsotericSatire: May 22 2016, 02:44
+Quote Post

post May 22 2016, 02:42
Post #17
Yourfatmom99

Lurker
Group: Lurkers

300m...wooow seems phat sooon xD
+Quote Post

post May 27 2016, 17:50
Post #18
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Level 365 (Godslayer)

The only problem I see is that an unclaimable high value bounty is taking a spot in the Top 10.

Let's forget the add or remove because it can be just add 1000 credit peanuts each day anyway) is potentially problematic, and bumping it every day - why not.

However, if this is allowed, soon we will have such advertising-list bounties taking most of Top 10.

Whether it's good or bad, hmmm.

Also, I already have a few bounties like https://e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=11171 which while claimable are somewhat of a "chose one option" bounties. Or https://e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=13992 , or https://e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=13931 ...

About atomicpuppy's bounty, I thought at first I'd agree with G's point, but after thinking about this, hmmm. It may not be what the bounties looked like originally but.... you know, I have a hundred or so bounties and bumping them daily - sometimes I get 20-30 a day - is a bit of a pain. Frankly, until Ten adds a function to automatically renew a bounty for a set amount as long as an account has funds (pretty please), I will not blame anyone for trying to figure out a shortcut. Frankly, again, I am tempted to do imitate him myself, because the 5-10 minutes I have to spend every few days renewing my bounties is an annoying waste of time. A 30-40m placed in "bounty escrow" or whatever, advertising my bounty thread, that is not a stupid idea, really.
+Quote Post

post May 28 2016, 02:10
Post #19
@43883

Level 500 (Newbie)

I would worry more about many disastrous renames that can't be countered quite easily than a single bounty taking up a spot in the "Top 10" of bounty lists.

It's all about priorities.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:04