Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some input please, Warning: Bad Sketch Art Inside

post Nov 17 2015, 03:16
Post #1
NobleSeven20

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 82 (Novice)

So long-story-made-short: My first thread on the gallery has sunken and I'm prepared to abandon it. I still want to do artwork of the characters displayed and more but the method I chose didn't work. In response I've taken my best sketch piece and ask: Is this better than what I was doing before? Should I just stop all together until I get some talent?

PS: Not to drag on the issue but I'm a bit somber while writing this. I'll get over it. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Nov 21 2015, 18:15
Post #2
kottobuky

Lurker
Group: Lurkers

QUOTE(NobleSeven20 @ Nov 16 2015, 22:16) *

So long-story-made-short: My first thread on the gallery has sunken and I'm prepared to abandon it. I still want to do artwork of the characters displayed and more but the method I chose didn't work. In response I've taken my best sketch piece and ask: Is this better than what I was doing before? Should I just stop all together until I get some talent?

PS: Not to drag on the issue but I'm a bit somber while writing this. I'll get over it. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This isn't bad at all. You should be happy with what you have. It's already good, but you can get better. Too much self-esteem problems on your way, man.
+Quote Post

post Nov 22 2015, 04:16
Post #3
cowpies

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 131 (Lord)

Is this better than what I was doing before? Should I just stop all together until I get some talent?

Yes it's a bit better, but I just wanted to comment that the way to get better and develop your talent is to keep practicing and trying. Just keep drawing, if thats what you like doing (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Nov 22 2015, 22:39
Post #4
OwenJ

Newcomer
Group: Recruits

I am not so familiar with your work, since I just got here. But stopping drawing all together isn't what makes you a good artist, its just drawing all of the time. So My advice to you is to just keep producing work.

That being said: I think the work you are doing now seems to have a good sense of anatomy, I would work on your faces a bit, get a sense of the dimensions and apply it to the style your already working with.
+Quote Post

post Nov 29 2015, 02:23
Post #5
NobleSeven20

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 82 (Novice)

Thanks, guys. I just needed to know if my drawing skills were adequate compared to my previous submissions. Speaking of which.
QUOTE(OwenJ @ Nov 22 2015, 22:39) *

I am not so familiar with your work, since I just got here. But stopping drawing all together isn't what makes you a good artist, its just drawing all of the time. So My advice to you is to just keep producing work.

That being said: I think the work you are doing now seems to have a good sense of anatomy, I would work on your faces a bit, get a sense of the dimensions and apply it to the style your already working with.

What I meant by "Is this better than what I was doing before" was in reference to my first gallery which I used large sprites of TF characters. It wasn't received well and looking back there was no mystery as to why. The faces looked creepy and it was the same image but with a different character. While it was upsetting like you said stopping doesn't make you better however the Sprite method wasn't the best choice.

Link to gallery if anyone is curious: https://e-hentai.org/g/873897/428ebba0aa/
+Quote Post

post Jan 3 2016, 06:50
Post #6
themagicman695

Newcomer
Group: Recruits

I haven't seen your previous ones cos I'm new here but it seems to be rather decent. I'm not an expert myself but it looks like a few tweaks to body proportions here and there would do some good. Keep up the good work
+Quote Post

post Jan 4 2016, 12:59
Post #7
doodlebopper

Lurker
Group: Lurkers

QUOTE(NobleSeven20 @ Nov 16 2015, 20:16) *

New guy here, but I gotta admit, yeah, this is a lot better than the sprites. I especially like the middle one, really great pose!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 22:20