Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Language Breaker Project NOW OPEN FOR USER SCRIPTS., The bazaar part is anyway...

post Dec 8 2012, 03:59
Post #1
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Group: Members
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

In a thread that's now about ice cream, I suggested retiring the common armor types cotton, leather and plate along with elemental damage mitigation suffixes in favor of common elemental armor types. I also suggested other things but blah, not a necessary part of the story.

Now I'm not sure what happened exactly. Either I wasn't being clear about what I was suggesting, or no one actually read my post. Pretty sure the latter is what happened. However, one counter argument that arose is that the new armor types might put off new players because of language barrier issues.

I did feel that this argument was a very narrow one to use against my suggestion. However, I couldn't help but notice the argument worked better in general, and that the Hentaiverse did suffer from a significant language barrier.

So in the October of 2012 got to work.

And now a year later, the bazaar phase of the Language Breaker Project is complete. And is now open to user scripters.

Attached File  LBP_Bazaar_Phase_User_Scripting_Edtion.zip ( 109.72k ) Number of downloads: 33

Note that is the USER SCRIPTING edition. Instead of getting the original full color icons, scripters will get high contrast, monochromatic icons to work with. Which means this.

Attached Image

The main reason for this decision is completely neurotic so I won't go into it. But I'll tell you what, if the icons I've provided Tenboro don't become part of vanilla HentaiVerse by version 0.81 (or 3 significant updates since 0.78), I'll release them for user scripting.

If anyone wants any edits, I'm open to making them. I'm also open to any suggestions you may have, technical or artistic.

(Passworded file)
Attached File  LBPbazaarUPDATE.zip ( 146.99k ) Number of downloads: 22

This post has been edited by Anomtai: Mar 22 2014, 10:05
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 04:07
Post #2
Coma

Active Poster
Level 257 (Godslayer)

Now with icons, the HV shall become...the Final Fantasy HV: More Ponies!
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 04:24
Post #3
GanGun

Pans Pans Pans Pans Pans
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 226 (Godslayer)

Gonna sound like a jerk but..
Icons...
Really?
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 06:47
Post #4
etothex

No I said.
Level 417 (Godslayer)

old school 2D sprites. make em even more retro w/ 16 colors!
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 07:33
Post #5
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(etothex @ Dec 8 2012, 04:47) *

old school 2D sprites. make em even more retro w/ 16 colors!

(IMG:[i480.photobucket.com] http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr163/anomtai/16colors.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 08:24
Post #6
ChosenUno

A Legendary Collector
Level 422 (Godslayer)

Why? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 08:34
Post #7
Coma

Active Poster
Level 257 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Anomtai @ Dec 8 2012, 07:33) *

Do you remember that one Pokemon episode about Porygon?
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 08:38
Post #8
Lement

Lalalala la~ la la~!
Level 326 (Godslayer)

Uno: go reread Anomtai's post.

Anomtai: You make a fine point my good sir, and furthermore it bears to mention that fair amount of HV text is actually image sprites anyway.

Notes of consideration: equipment. And some icons in that list make sense, while some do not - or at least require context.
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 09:42
Post #9
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Lement @ Dec 8 2012, 06:38) *

Anomtai: You make a fine point my good sir, and furthermore it bears to mention that fair amount of HV text is actually image sprites anyway.

Notes of consideration: equipment. And some icons in that list make sense, while some do not - or at least require context.

There was going to be a fair amount of context provided when I planned to make a YouTube presentation, but as I said,
However it turns out that video editing software is hard. And not free...

Here's the fly by graphic I made for testing. Until making a video made me pull my hair out.
Attached Image
(Does anyone have an idea what I could replace Attack Accuracy and Critical with? I don't just want to use Dice for that. Also, should "Primary Attributes" and "Upgrades and Enhancements" have their own icons?)

If that Rapier wasn't Ethereal, it would not have that orange teal cube under its name. And it wouldn't use the Void damage icon. It would also have the icons for piercing damage, burden and interference. Which would be a lance, a ball and chain and a cracked crystal ball respectively.
Attached Image

For those of you have noticed the inordinate amount of helmets, it's because helmets are used to denote specialized damaged mitigation such as crushing and fire. With body armors to denote the generalized mitigations, physical and magical. All other redundancies can be explained by the fact that I plan for each tab in the shops to have their own icons. As the 2 similar potion groups, its because I need to make the greater, superior and godly potion groups.

Also, I know that there is no SP Bonus to speak of, but does anyone know of any arguable rectangular or cube shaped fruit that comes in red?
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 09:52
Post #10
hzqr

Savagely Still
Level 462 (Dovahkiin)

You are working on the assumption that Tenboro can be arsed to do all this. Good luck with that, I guess.

You could just make a script that translates every text in a different language.
The only downside would be pages loading slower.
Or just ask Tenboro to add locales. You'll need a lot of convincing, though.
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 09:54
Post #11
The Evil Phoenix

Fiery Avian Overlord
Level 237 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tiap @ Dec 8 2012, 02:52) *

You are working on the assumption that Tenboro can be arsed to do all this. Good luck with that, I guess.

You could just make a script that translates every text in a different language.
The only downside would be pages loading slower.
Or just ask Tenboro to add locales. You'll need a lot of convincing, though.

Tenboro's unlikely to add huge image functionality requirements. Just because.

He's also unlikely to add locales. Question: DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD CREATING A LOCALE IS FOR $given_software?

Scripts for translating're easier. Just do that.

This post has been edited by The Evil Phoenix: Dec 8 2012, 11:43
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 09:57
Post #12
Musashi92

Main cannons ready to fire!
Level 346 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Anomtai @ Dec 7 2012, 23:42) *

Attached Image

Yeah............NO.
It looks like it might be kind of cool,but Na I will stay with
My no Icons HV.
To me the Icons will just make it even more to learn about what if what on there.
That and it almost makes it look like some old Gameboy game.
Don't get me wrong it looks cool and good job at all the hard work you must have put into it.
I'm still gonna stay with my almost icon less gaming.
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 10:16
Post #13
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tiap @ Dec 8 2012, 07:52) *

I have already addressed this.

QUOTE(wolfgirl of autumn92 @ Dec 8 2012, 07:57) *

Don't get me wrong it looks cool and good job at all the hard work you must have put into it.

Here's every single one I've made so far.

Hopefully, if I'm doing my job right, the icons make it easier to learn HV for a non English reader. Since all these icons are my by one person, they have rhythm and reason. Notice that all HP things are green and round, all MP things are blue and triangle and all SP things are red and square.

This post has been edited by Anomtai: Dec 8 2012, 10:55
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 11:33
Post #14
Musashi92

Main cannons ready to fire!
Level 346 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Anomtai @ Dec 8 2012, 00:16) *

Hopefully, if I'm doing my job right, the icons make it easier to learn HV for a non English reader. Since all these icons are my by one person, they have rhythm and reason. Notice that all HP things are green and round, all MP things are blue and triangle and all SP things are red and square.

Well Now that you said that,I can see what you mean.
It can even make it more easy for a new person playing the game and not have to read the TONS of pages it has for the HV.
They can learn alot of it just useing the icons.
Now for the people like me and you who have played ALOT we know how it all gos and so on.
But that is smart it can help out alot of people on here.
New people the most.
I'm sure same as me you have run into people playing who don't know how to play.
Now this would be one of them things that would help them out alot.
Now I know there is people like me on here who just keep it how it is.
(No hard feeling it is really nice)
But if Tenboro did put it into the game there would be some mad players from it.
Now yes you can custom your own HV I know a few who has.
This would be best for a download custom thing for it.
What would be good is(I'm going out on a limb here)
Tenboro made a dual thing with this.
What I mean by that is.
It would yes be put into the game,but be in the setting if you want you can turn it on are off.
But for new player it would be turned on,than if they want they can turn it off.
Both parties are kinds of players would be happy.
If they want to have it they can,but if they don't they can turn it off.
I do see this being useful and can go far.
It might take some time to go far but I CAN see this being in the game in the near Future.
Just keep trying and working and it might get there. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 11:36
Post #15
Tenboro

Admin

Heh, wow.

The only real problem with adding icons to everything is that means I'd have to obtain new icons every time I add something new. A lot of those seem quite usable in some contexts, but I would need a copy with transparent backgrounds. A list of what the different icons are supposed to represent would help as well.

Though what I really need is some larger (say 48x48) icons to use as default for the different monster classes. I was thinking about making it a contest of sorts, but if you're up for it, you could get a head start. :3
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 11:51
Post #16
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

I just hope said Icons will load fast! and don't luck ugly.

Or just allow us to store images at home so it will have to load less. Also allow us custom images for every monster above PL 1000 (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 11:55
Post #17
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 8 2012, 09:36) *

Heh, wow.

The only real problem with adding icons to everything is that means I'd have to obtain new icons every time I add something new. A lot of those seem quite usable in some contexts, but I would need a copy with transparent backgrounds. A list of what the different icons are supposed to represent would help as well.

Though what I really need is some larger (say 48x48) icons to use as default for the different monster classes. I was thinking about making it a contest of sorts, but if you're up for it, you could get a head start. :3

All of these icons have 32 bit transparency. Posting them without it was just a short cut.

I've already have a large cutting room floor folder.
Attached Image
I sometimes just let the art happen. Somehow, I accidentally made a flesh-light. Well anyhoo, hopefully whatever you need can be found in there in the event I can't be reached. Though it's going to be really weird when you use the USS Akira for renaming equipments.

I was planning on making a few animated gifs for centain icons. For instance, this is mystic gem. Attached Image

The reason that all my icons are 17x17 is because they are all meant to text found in the shop and battle. In fact, the lock/unlock icons in the shop is what decided that size. I don't think I have a problem with making 48x48 icons though.

One more thing, because I found this [gimpforums.com] tutorial on day, I was planning on making 100 recolors for every weapon, armor and mob.
Here's the test sheet I made for robes.
Attached Image

Also, I do plan to redo all the ability and proc icons. Because well... this is the only that makes any sense to me.

QUOTE(Ichy @ Dec 8 2012, 09:51) *

I just hope said Icons will load fast! and don't luck ugly.

All of these icons should clock in at <1KB, also HV only downloads new info as it goes along. Though I only assume this. I assume that because... well... A single HV battle page is about half a mega byte, and considering that some battles can go on forever... and everyone is doing it at the same time...

How many people do play at the same time?

This post has been edited by Anomtai: Dec 8 2012, 12:04
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 12:22
Post #18
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

You will to have to make 10 images of each monster class. Numbered from 1-10 so we will still know what button to mash.

This post has been edited by Ichy: Dec 8 2012, 12:26
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 12:27
Post #19
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Anomtai @ Dec 8 2012, 10:55) *
How many people do play at the same time?

Not that many. Usually a few hundred active in battles during the last minute, plus whoever is browsing the shops and doing other stuff. But icons would get cached by the browser, so it won't really cause any performance drop.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Dec 8 2012, 14:13
Post #20
Lement

Lalalala la~ la la~!
Level 326 (Godslayer)

Ichy: That, or use :after/:before pseudoelements for multiple backgrounds. That said, it already (pre)loads the A-J images when battling, so the load increase wouldn't be significant.

This post has been edited by Lement: Dec 8 2012, 14:14
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 18:10