Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Bounty] Translate 360p CG set in 6 smaller chunks: [Aomizuan] Yatara Hatsuiku no ii Joshi ○ Gakusei to Itsu, Reward: 5,321,713 Credits + 1,812 Hath overall

post Oct 26 2012, 04:18
Post #1
blit

Newcomer
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 14 (Novice)

Chunk 1 (73 pages) Bounty currently 1,213,501C and 291H Accepted by limitbreak: complete script done soon hopefully
Chunk 2 (68 pages) Bounty currently 983,500C and 410H DONE! Gallery here Script completed by qaqtusman, QCed by maipantsu, and edited by traficantj.
Chunk 3 (42 pages) Bounty currently 279,711C and 300H DONE! Gallery here Script completed by jfji552, QCed by maipantsu, and edited by traficantj.
Chunk 4 (72 pages) Bounty currently 1,213,501C and 291H DONE! Gallery here Script completed by Thira, and edited by traficantj.
Chunk 5 (48 pages) Bounty currently 796,500C and 260H
Chunk 6 (57 pages) Bounty currently 835,000C and 260H

These bounties are for an English translation of https://e-hentai.org/g/535919/dc19bebcae/.

As you can see, I've broken down the work into 6 bounties, one for each 'scene' or chunk of the work. The page counts in the bounties only include the pages that need translation; pages with only sound effects have been excluded, as I'm not requiring them for the bounties. Note that the original work has duplicates and alternate versions that are excluded from these bounties.

Some background: fans of Aomizuan know that he writes high quality stories, but his art isn't to everyone's taste. This work is a collaboration, where Aomizuan wrote the story, and another artist created the art. It's being sold as a CG set, but from looking at it (my understanding of kanji could comfortably fit on an atom), it seems there is a story running through each chunk, so it's not as repetitive as most CG sets.

Requirements (for all the bounties listed above):
* Decent English, no machine translations;
* Sound effects can be left as-is, i.e. don't need to be translated;
* Some of the bubbles are translucent; these backgrounds can be made solid; in this work I don't think the transparency is needed.
* Uploaded to E-Hentai Galleries or similar.

Feel free to discuss the bounties here!

Apologies to anyone who donated to the old bounty when it was the work as a whole, and to those who donated to the other Aomizuan bounty I used to have on here; I know this is asking you to donate 3 times in a row, but this way translators are much more likely to take it on (AFAIK).

(IMG:https://repo.e-hentai.org/bounty/75/75ea95102631cdcb4f7d2f0e5125b3e4053c8d85-158253.jpg-thumb.jpg)

This post has been edited by blit: May 16 2013, 04:42
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Nov 1 2012, 20:27
Post #2
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

wow the thing is a fricking graphic novel. as much as i love aomizuan ever since i saw his first translated work i'm not sure if you'll ever find a translator insane/patient enough to do all ~432 pages, not to mention most of the pages are the same art but different text

apparently the art is done by aodouhu, and honestly i like it as much as aomizuan's art

edit: if there's an interested translator i'm fine with contributing to this bounty. don't know if it'll ever reach an amount for a translator to find it worth doing though.

This post has been edited by Slobber: Nov 3 2012, 09:23
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2012, 01:36
Post #3
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

Yeah, I know it super long... I'm hoping there's a translator who likes Aomizuan enough to work on it.

I'd really like to have the credits to pay what it's worth, but I dont have the kind to RL money to drop on that (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif).

Also: note I have another, shorter Aomizuan work up for bounty as well at the moment - https://e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=6036 - might be to your liking.

This post has been edited by blit: Nov 2 2012, 01:39
+Quote Post

post Nov 16 2012, 04:12
Post #4
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

I've rescinded my other boutny and put the credits (and more!) into this one. The reward is now 1,016,139 Credits + 40 Hath.
+Quote Post

post Nov 28 2012, 08:10
Post #5
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

I've edited the thread title to reflect that a bunch of the pages are no-text variants, so the actual number of pages needing translation is a bit less.
+Quote Post

post Dec 9 2012, 09:59
Post #6
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

Mmmk I've looked over the gallery again. You'd have better luck splitting the bounty into "arcs". There are roughly 6 arcs

Girl at Board 1-86
Girl at Desk 87-167
Track Team 168-217
Foot Lockers 218-306
Swim Team 307-362
Miscellaneous 363-432

Even then it'll be a very difficult project. If there's a translator/editor interested, the arcs would be "more appealing projects" to them. I'd also be able to help the bounties out more comfortably if the CG is done in sections.

I also counted the first "arc". 73 pages of translation out of the 86. Probably will be too much of an hassle to translate sound effects (at most, just translate the "important ones" according to translator's judgement)

PS If this starts I hope that Doujin Moe or some other group isn't attempting it as well T_T
+Quote Post

post Dec 10 2012, 17:51
Post #7
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

As you suggested, Slobber, I've created new bounties with the chunks divided up; for each chunk I've also counted the number of pages with actual text and only included those in the final page counts.

Please donate!
+Quote Post

post Dec 10 2012, 19:00
Post #8
maipantsu

Casual Poster
Level 262 (Godslayer)

Will do. This is too gorgeous to be left untranslated.
+Quote Post

post Dec 10 2012, 20:25
Post #9
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

bounty for first one should be decent now. not super duper awesome. but decent.

edit: good job in counting the "translatable" pages. 360 is far less intimidating than 432. still keep in mind that a 50+ page bounty is a very ambitious task esp since the content looks like it has a lot of exposition rather than dialogue.

This post has been edited by Slobber: Dec 10 2012, 20:50
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2012, 04:24
Post #10
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

QUOTE(Slobber @ Dec 11 2012, 05:25) *

bounty for first one should be decent now. not super duper awesome. but decent.

edit: good job in counting the "translatable" pages. 360 is far less intimidating than 432. still keep in mind that a 50+ page bounty is a very ambitious task esp since the content looks like it has a lot of exposition rather than dialogue.

Thanks so much, Slobber!

Looks like we've already got an accept for Chunk 2, will be interesting to see how this goes! Will keep us all posted.
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2012, 05:07
Post #11
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

Accepts aren't important. There are lots of trolls/bots/what have you that accept and do nothing. What's important is the person PMs you and tells you he's interested in working on it. Then you reserve that bounty for him. (best if he gives you a sample of his work so you can verify his translation quality)
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2012, 05:16
Post #12
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

QUOTE(Slobber @ Dec 11 2012, 14:07) *

Accepts aren't important. There are lots of trolls/bots/what have you that accept and do nothing. What's important is the person PMs you and tells you he's interested in working on it. Then you reserve that bounty for him. (best if he gives you a sample of his work so you can verify his translation quality)

Yeah I figured that, already PMed him to get a feel.
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2012, 16:38
Post #13
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

Just to clarify, all 6 chunks are currently open for bounty; I haven't gotten a reply to the PM I sent to the guy who accepted chunk 2, so I think that was just spam.
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2012, 07:52
Post #14
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

change their rankings to rank c

that way trolls can't accept it.

there are a lot of bounty hunters who will ignore bounties that have been "accepted" already (whether it's a real accept or not)

if part1 ever gets translated, i'll contribute to part2.

if any translator is interested in a certain part other than part 1, please post in this thread specifying which part you're interested in (with link to the bounty). i'll add credits/hath to that part.
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2012, 13:55
Post #15
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

QUOTE(Slobber @ Dec 18 2012, 16:52) *

change their rankings to rank c

that way trolls can't accept it.

there are a lot of bounty hunters who will ignore bounties that have been "accepted" already (whether it's a real accept or not)

if part1 ever gets translated, i'll contribute to part2.

if any translator is interested in a certain part other than part 1, please post in this thread specifying which part you're interested in (with link to the bounty). i'll add credits/hath to that part.

I've changed the rankings. It appears I can't cancel the Accept on Part 2 myself, might have to ask a mod to do it.

In good news, someone has contacted me about translating Part 1, I've had a look at their previous work; I'll need to proofread it etc. but I'm happy to do that.

I think they only want to do the translate, not the editing. That's ok by me; TBH with the way the bubbles are done on this work I'm not sure how good English would look in them, so what I might end up doing is putting the text underneath the textless versions or something. Either way I'll post the script here when it's done so anyone can play with it.

I'm still waiting for that person to Accept the bounty, so I'll prod them now in PM.
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2012, 16:44
Post #16
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

Chunk 1 has been accepted by limitbreak! I will post the complete script once it's done. I will be proofreading the script and doing the edit.

Note: Given the bubble sizing (tall and narrow), I'm not sure if English text is going to fit well in this, so I may end up placing the text below the textless image variants, with each piece of dialog color-coded by voice etc.
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2012, 17:23
Post #17
maipantsu

Casual Poster
Level 262 (Godslayer)

Since we have the luck of having textless pictures and the boxes/balloons are very regular (rectangular or elliptical, in the portions I saw), I think you could even make your versions of them to fit the English text: this way you'd have English-friendly balloon shape and still have a picture in the background; then you can apply them directly on the textless version and carry the sfx over. It requires a bit more effort but the result would be better. I can give a hand with that if you want.
It's just an idea though. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I can QC the script too if you need help with that. I was thinking about translating a chunck myself but I'm afraid they might be too long for me and I would likely get bored before finishing it, making it painful rather than fun. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 18 2012, 21:45
Post #18
Slobber

On a Bounty Mission
Level 488 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(blit @ Dec 18 2012, 04:55) *

I've changed the rankings. It appears I can't cancel the Accept on Part 2 myself, might have to ask a mod to do it.

In good news, someone has contacted me about translating Part 1, I've had a look at their previous work; I'll need to proofread it etc. but I'm happy to do that.

I think they only want to do the translate, not the editing. That's ok by me; TBH with the way the bubbles are done on this work I'm not sure how good English would look in them, so what I might end up doing is putting the text underneath the textless versions or something. Either way I'll post the script here when it's done so anyone can play with it.

I'm still waiting for that person to Accept the bounty, so I'll prod them now in PM.

QUOTE(blit @ Dec 18 2012, 07:44) *

Chunk 1 has been accepted by limitbreak! I will post the complete script once it's done. I will be proofreading the script and doing the edit.

Note: Given the bubble sizing (tall and narrow), I'm not sure if English text is going to fit well in this, so I may end up placing the text below the textless image variants, with each piece of dialog color-coded by voice etc.

The "troll" accepts will fade over time. And I don't think the troll can refresh it (not 100% on this) since you have the rank requirement at rank C now

Putting the text underneath probably won't work that well
But since textless images are provided you can just put in the text like here
https://e-hentai.org/g/537581/5505bcb8b8/
Text (color coded per character) with a glow to distinguish it without the need of dialogue bubbles

Does limit break have translation history?

QUOTE(maipantsu @ Dec 18 2012, 08:23) *

Since we have the luck of having textless pictures and the boxes/balloons are very regular (rectangular or elliptical, in the portions I saw), I think you could even make your versions of them to fit the English text: this way you'd have English-friendly balloon shape and still have a picture in the background; then you can apply them directly on the textless version and carry the sfx over. It requires a bit more effort but the result would be better. I can give a hand with that if you want.
It's just an idea though. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I can QC the script too if you need help with that. I was thinking about translating a chunck myself but I'm afraid they might be too long for me and I would likely get bored before finishing it, making it painful rather than fun. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Sounds troublesome ^^
+Quote Post

post Dec 19 2012, 17:08
Post #19
blit

Newcomer
Level 14 (Novice)

QUOTE(Slobber @ Dec 19 2012, 06:45) *

The "troll" accepts will fade over time. And I don't think the troll can refresh it (not 100% on this) since you have the rank requirement at rank C now

Putting the text underneath probably won't work that well
But since textless images are provided you can just put in the text like here
https://e-hentai.org/g/537581/5505bcb8b8/
Text (color coded per character) with a glow to distinguish it without the need of dialogue bubbles

Does limit break have translation history?
Sounds troublesome ^^

I'll see about the text arrangement, my Photoshop skills are a bit rusty.

limitbreak has some translation history:
https://e-hentai.org/g/529997/28827eed1f/
https://e-hentai.org/g/529999/9ebc63b956/
https://e-hentai.org/g/529988/b3a6991b86/

He claims that with those works his scripts weren't used as-is. I will see with the first few pages if I think it will work out or not.
+Quote Post

post Dec 19 2012, 17:18
Post #20
maipantsu

Casual Poster
Level 262 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Slobber @ Dec 18 2012, 20:45) *

Sounds troublesome ^^

Maybe a bit. It's just that someone should do the sfx carryover anyway, since the textless pictures are "blank", without any sfx... It could work but it would have half the feel of the original test gallery since there wouldn't be sfx all over the place.

I'll try making a couple of pictures to show you what I mean.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:59