Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> E-Hentai Galleries 0.9 BETA, Now we're getting somewhere

post Nov 2 2007, 22:44
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

0.9 has now been pushed to the live servers.

As usual, the Galleries beta can be found at: https://e-hentai.org/

Improved Search

The advanced search pane has been revamped. You can now also search descriptions and tags (see below).

Other index page improvements

The "type" images are now clickable.

Tag System

A tag system has now been added. Logged-in users can tag any gallery with tags of their own choice. These tags are searchable from the new search interface on the index page.

Note that your "vote" is worth as much as your max power. This is because of a future addition where you can vote against tags.

Toplists

Toplists have been added for top galleries, top uploaders and top taggers. Five different toplists are available for each category: all-time, yearly (the last 365 days), monthly (the last 30 days), weekly (last 7 days) and daily (yesterday).

Rewards for Toplist positions

The rewards for Toplist positions are as follows, with the first number being a direct amount of EXP you get without having to do anything, and the second being the additional EXP modifier that will be applied on that day:

CODE

1st: 20 EXP, 50% bonus
2nd: 15 EXP, 40% bonus
3rd: 12 EXP, 35% bonus
4th:  9 EXP, 30% bonus
5th:  7 EXP, 25% bonus
6th:  5 EXP, 20% bonus
7th:  4 EXP, 16% bonus
8th:  3 EXP, 12% bonus
9th:  2 EXP,  8% bonus
10th: 1 EXP,  4% bonus

There are no limits for how many lists you can get rewarded from, nor how many positions on the list you can hold (for gallery toplists).

Note that toplists are only updated once a day, and these awards will first take place tonight, the next time the toplists are updated.

Gallery Content Feeds

Content Feeds that can be read with your favorite feed readers have been added, and are available here:

https://e-hentai.org/rss/ehg.xml

Note that unlike the other content feeds available on the site, this one has been changed from RSS 2.0 to Atom 1.0. If you don't know what that is, it probably won't matter, but it's not guaranteed that it's supported by the same feed readers as the others. My personal recommendation, of course, is [www.google.com] Google Reader.

Changes to how credits are converted

It no longer matters if you make one big exchange or many small exchanges, effective exchange rate and fee are now average of "old" and "new" rate/fee.

If the rate and/or fee has changed negatively since you loaded the page, the conversion will not go through with the conversion at the new values automatically as before, it will instead ask you to reconfirm the rates.

Bug fix: the fractional part of the exchange rate was never applied before, it is now.

Doggiebag Discounts!

Users with metallic auras now get a discount on all download costs from Galleries: 10% for bronze, 25% for silver, 50% for gold and 75% for tristar

Other Stuff

Moar boobs.

Huge update, so keep eyes peeled for bugs and stuff.

Known Issues:

- Trying to tag a gallery when you are not logged in will give an error message about failing login redirect setup. Workaround: Log in elsewhere first.

Some further modifications have been made to the conversion system on the Home page:

- A grace of 10% for the exchange fee has been added. That is, compared to the old system, a -10% modifier is applied to the exchange fee.
- The fee cooldown is now variable, varying from about twice of the old rate when the fee is high, to the same as today when it's low.
- The fee now takes into account the exchange rate, making increases linear to the credits being converted instead of GP.
- Effective Fee is now displayed dynamically.
- Effective Fee now caps at 50% instead of 90%. Earlier, you could experience that you actually got fewer credits the higher number you put in. This should no longer be possible.

A gnome ate my release notes.

- Added the two convenience search shortcuts tag/ and uploader/, that do an exact match on tag or uploader respectively.

Examples:
https://e-hentai.org/tag/haruhi
https://e-hentai.org/uploader/N04h

- Fixed some minor bugs in the content filter:
-- Searching only by tag and only by name should now work properly, and will also pop up the advanced search pane, as it should
-- It should no longer be possible that the cache system stores a page with a search term already entered
-- The search will no longer bug out if you enter more than eight search words. However, it still won't accept more than eight, like before.

- Fixed some minor layout issues in the toplists:
-- Gallery toplists no longer have excessive padding/whitespace
-- The "showing only galleries by.." message will no longer be squeezed between the page selector and the toplist table

- The system will now prompt you to login if you attempt to tag something without being logged on, instead of just giving an error message

- De-tagging is now in: if you click a tag in the gallery view, you will now toggle an action bar where you can select to vote for or against the tag, as well as filtering all galleries that use that exact tag.
Note that this requires javascript, it falls back to its old behavior of simply displaying galleries with the tag in question if javascript is unavailable or disabled.

A note about this: as some people have figured out, the system will award you on the tagger toplists for voting for or against a tag, just as it does for adding a new one. However, adding a new tag gives you 3 points, while voting or adding a tag that's already there gives you 1 point.

Also, note that when voting against a tag, you do so at half your normal power.

- The system will now actively detect if you are entering through certain money-making scheme sites, and redirect you to the actual location of the galleries if so.

- The toplist rewards have been stretched out somewhat. The rewards are the same at the higher ranks, but now stretch all the way down to #25.

- A "report" button has been added to the gallery pages.

- The "settings" part (typically 5-m-y) of a gallery URL is no longer required when they are on their defaults. so, gallery URLs are now slightly shorter.

- When you modify a gallery that has previously been published, and no changes are made before the gallery is re-published, the system will now revert to the old version instead of publishing a new, identical gallery.

- The system will now stop you from publishing more than one gallery with the same set of files

- The system will now detect and warn you, demaning a second confirmation, if you try to add a gallery that is identical to one that is already active (published and made public)

- Fixed some minor layout issues with the manager in the file adder and preview page, as well with the index page and the uploader/tagger toplist pages

- Proper gallery versioning has been added. The system will now find and display newer versions of a galleries that have been modified. (example: https://e-hentai.org/g/14479/106a8771010d...aca81396764988/ )

- Layout fix: there will no longer be a superfluous gallery page added when the number of files in the gallery is divisable with the number of thumbs displayed per page

- The exchange fee is going, going, gone. Good riddance.

- A step has been dropped in the process for generating external galleries. The system will instead apply the settings from the gallery you linked from, without the mostly redundant middle dialog.

- Some modifications have been made to the algorithm that determines what server to download an image from. This should notably improve load times, especially for recently added galleries.

- Stats and GP are now computed every ten minutes.

- The thumbs on the front page are now loaded only when requested, that is, when you hover over the small thumb icon. This change should cut load time and server load significantly, with the tradeoff that there's a few hundred milliseconds delay from you mouse-over until the thumb has fully loaded.

- There is no longer a hard limit for Galleries to discover the presence of a forum post containing your gallery (it used to be one day). However, the longer it's been since a particular gallery was posted, the longer it will be between each check. For example, a gallery that was posted an hour ago will be checked roughly once every hour, while a gallery posted a month ago will be checked roughly once every month.

- A "collapse all open folders" clicky has been added to the manager. (Note: if you have a large number of galleries (more than 1000), the browser may become unresponsive for a few seconds while it is working)

- The home page now shows the total (all-time) GP you have earned. Also, the "uniques" display was somewhat misleading, and has been removed.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2007, 23:17
Post #2
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Group: Global Mods
Level 272 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Nov 2 2007, 16:44) *
0.9 has now been pushed to the live servers.

Improved Search

The advanced search pane has been revamped. You can now also search descriptions and tags (see below).

Spectre Comment: Hurray, finally. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Other index page improvements

The "type" images are now clickable.

Spectre Comment: Hurray, finally. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Tag System

A tag system has now been added. Logged-in users can tag any gallery with tags of their own choice. These tags are searchable from the new search interface on the index page.

Note that your "vote" is worth as much as your max power. This is because of a future addition where you can vote against tags.

Spectre Comment: Cool, very cool. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Toplists

Toplists have been added for top galleries, top uploaders and top taggers. Five different toplists are available for each category: all-time, yearly (the last 365 days), monthly (the last 30 days), weekly (last 7 days) and daily (yesterday).

Rewards for Toplist positions

The rewards for Toplist positions are as follows, with the first number being a direct amount of EXP you get without having to do anything, and the second being the additional EXP modifier that will be applied on that day:

CODE

1st: 20 EXP, 50% bonus
2nd: 15 EXP, 40% bonus
3rd: 12 EXP, 35% bonus
4th:  9 EXP, 30% bonus
5th:  7 EXP, 25% bonus
6th:  5 EXP, 20% bonus
7th:  4 EXP, 16% bonus
8th:  3 EXP, 12% bonus
9th:  2 EXP,  8% bonus
10th: 1 EXP,  4% bonus

There are no limits for how many lists you can get rewarded from, nor how many positions on the list you can hold (for gallery toplists).

Note that toplists are only updated once a day, and these awards will first take place tonight, the next time the toplists are updated.

Spectre Comment: Aweosme. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Gallery Content Feeds

Content Feeds that can be read with your favorite feed readers have been added, and are available here:

https://e-hentai.org/rss/ehg.xml

Note that unlike the other content feeds available on the site, this one has been changed from RSS 2.0 to Atom 1.0. If you don't know what that is, it probably won't matter, but it's not guaranteed that it's supported by the same feed readers as the others. My personal recommendation, of course, is [www.google.com] Google Reader.

Spectre Comment: Interesting... (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Changes to how credits are converted

It no longer matters if you make one big exchange or many small exchanges, effective exchange rate and fee are now average of "old" and "new" rate/fee.

If the rate and/or fee has changed negatively since you loaded the page, the conversion will not go through with the conversion at the new values automatically as before, it will instead ask you to reconfirm the rates.

Bug fix: the fractional part of the exchange rate was never applied before, it is now.

Spectre Comment: {hmmm...} (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Doggiebag Discounts!

Users with metallic auras now get a discount on all download costs from Galleries: 10% for bronze, 25% for silver, 50% for gold and 75% for tristar

Spectre Comment: Very nice. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Other Stuff

Moar boobs.
Huge update, so keep eyes peeled for bugs and stuff.

Spectre Comment: Yay moar boobies! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

edit:

Apparently I am getting random 403 errors from the server when surfing through galleries.

This post has been edited by Spectre: Nov 2 2007, 23:29
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2007, 23:26
Post #3
BahamutXone

Shaken, not stirred
Group: Members
Level 31 (Journeyman)

I think you mean 403 errors. At least, those are the ones I've been getting.
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2007, 23:35
Post #4
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Level 272 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(BahamutXone @ Nov 2 2007, 17:26) *

I think you mean 403 errors. At least, those are the ones I've been getting.

yeah, that.

and I am sure I haven't opened too many images, I've only gone through one small doujin before the update.

also: 6000 GP / 5 GP per credit != 960 credits.
that and 7500 GP != 1159 credits.

Those calculations say the exchange rate is 6.25%

either that, or I didn't fully understand the tweaks you made to the converter.

This post has been edited by Spectre: Nov 2 2007, 23:37
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2007, 23:40
Post #5
bladejtr

The Goddess of Loot and Harvest?
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 114 (Ascended)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Nov 2 2007, 15:44) *

Other Stuff

Moar boobs.

Huzzah!
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2007, 23:46
Post #6
Tenboro

Admin

403s should be gone now. Thanks.
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2007, 23:56
Post #7
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Spectre @ Nov 2 2007, 22:35) *

also: 6000 GP / 5 GP per credit != 960 credits.
that and 7500 GP != 1159 credits.

Those calculations say the exchange rate is 6.25%

either that, or I didn't fully understand the tweaks you made to the converter.

I checked the math manually for you, and as far as I can tell it's correct.

Current user exchange rate: 6.25% = 0.935
New user exchange rate: 0.935 - (6000 * 0.935 / 25000) = 0.7106
Used for calculation: (0.935 + 0.7106) / 2 = 0.8228
Credits: 6000 * 0.8228 / 5 = 987.36

Somewhat off due to fractions and stuff, but close enough. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Edit: You can just look at the javascript if you want the full math.
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2007, 23:58
Post #8
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Level 272 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Nov 2 2007, 17:56) *

I checked the math manually for you, and as far as I can tell it's correct.

Current user exchange rate: 6.25% = 0.935
New user exchange rate: 0.935 - (6000 * 0.935 / 25000) = 0.7106
Used for calculation: (0.935 + 0.7106) / 2 = 0.8228
Credits: 6000 * 0.8228 / 5 = 987.36

Somewhat off due to fractions and stuff, but close enough. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Ah. See what threw me off is that it still says that the "Exchange Rate: 5 GP = 1 Credit". I am assuming that this line isn't dynamic? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 00:02
Post #9
bladejtr

Level 114 (Ascended)

I'm attempting to tag this gallery:
https://e-hentai.org/g/3295/73834d9a8635e...4ee8bbeb/5-m-y/

and it's giving me this message:
That gallery does not exist, or is not published.
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 00:05
Post #10
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Level 272 (Godslayer)

I have confirmed this, I can't do it either.
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 00:12
Post #11
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(bladejtr @ Nov 2 2007, 23:02) *

I'm attempting to tag this gallery:
https://e-hentai.org/g/3295/73834d9a8635e...4ee8bbeb/5-m-y/

and it's giving me this message:
That gallery does not exist, or is not published.

It's because the gallery has been marked as deleted or updated. It should probably be made a little clearer though, since there's no way to actually know that from the gallery page itself... it's one of those things that's been on my to-do list since forever, but it hasn't really been a real need for it before. I'm gonna bump it to the top of my list.

In the meantime, the newest version of that gallery is here:

https://e-hentai.org/g/5930/3c54fd9c393da...2b294e0a/5-m-y/

It should be tagable, let me know if not. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 00:16
Post #12
bladejtr

Level 114 (Ascended)

Works fine, thanks.
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 00:38
Post #13
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Level 272 (Godslayer)

cool. I'll keep a look out for issues...

I still get the 403 still.

An issue I have been having before this update is some times an image will just not load and leave a giant x'd document. come back a few hours and it works. sometimes not. an IE7 issue and repeatable in FF.

That and sometimes a thumbnail or two will not load correctly, and leave a tiny 1x1 or 0x0 image in place of it. It usually corrects itself, but its kinda annoying now and then. IE7 issue, I haven't tried in FF yet.
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 03:35
Post #14
Tenboro

Admin

I just zoomed through the entire 170-image gallery above without any issues. Could you note the pages you get 403'd on, as well as whether they are repeatable, that is, if you get the image if you force-refresh the page?

The others sound mostly like random timeouts due to packet loss, it's possible there's a bad route between you and the server.
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 05:32
Post #15
Krel

Gone
Group: Members
Level 308 (Lord)

Wow, that's a pretty big update. You've certainly been busy. Good work.
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 05:57
Post #16
cowpies

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
Level 131 (Lord)

. . . hmm
Hey, like, what kinds of things should we be tagging?
Like, should we tag characters if we recognize them from an Anime or something? And like content, should we tag something as anal, rape, loli, shota and stuff like that?
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 06:13
Post #17
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(cowpies @ Nov 3 2007, 04:57) *

. . . hmm
Hey, like, what kinds of things should we be tagging?
Like, should we tag characters if we recognize them from an Anime or something? And like content, should we tag something as anal, rape, loli, shota and stuff like that?

.. yes. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Tags are, well, tags. If it helps identify the content in any way, throw it in there.
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 06:55
Post #18
Grahf

High Saint of Asakuraism
Level 485 (Godslayer)

Stellar update Tenboro. I really can't say anything more than that.
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 08:14
Post #19
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Level 272 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Nov 3 2007, 00:13) *

.. yes. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Tags are, well, tags. If it helps identify the content in any way, throw it in there.

It may be a good idea for the next update to give an uploader the ability to edit the tagging him or herself, and or delete tagging, just in case someone decides to go postal on the tagging system. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post

post Nov 3 2007, 10:15
Post #20
Grahf

High Saint of Asakuraism
Level 485 (Godslayer)

I'm assuming that's what the voting system might do. Could be wrong though, and of course as has been said it's not out yet. But we'll see I suppose.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 20:46