> ATTN: Spamhaus Posters, Read This

post Jun 9 2012, 00:09
Post #21
☆Loli Police☆

Law & Order
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 463 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Kaosumx @ Jun 8 2012, 07:50) *

Spoiler - Both post count exp bonus and karma are being removed, or at least redone completely.

Kinda stupid though how the Spamhaus incident was the work of bots, not people who wanted the 10 post bonus.

I know right? That's the exact same thing I'm saying, why get rid of Spamhaus, the 10 post bonus & the karma system. Just because of some stupid bot accounts. Why not just ban all the accounts and the IP address's that were commiting the malicious act. It's like if someone had a tumor in their foot, but instead of removing the tumor they remove the persons entire leg. Makes no sense to me (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 00:53
Post #22
Raaby

Smile on, you pigs in human clothing.
Level 238 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(ShatteredWings @ Jun 8 2012, 18:09) *

I know right? That's the exact same thing I'm saying, why get rid of Spamhaus, the 10 post bonus & the karma system. Just because of some stupid bot accounts. Why not just ban all the accounts and the IP address's that were commiting the malicious act. It's like if someone had a tumor in their foot, but instead of removing the tumor they remove the persons entire leg. Makes no sense to me (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Because there wasn't any spambots, just boring people (like you) spamming up pointless threads with emoticons or copypasta. Spamhaus itself was a tumor that killed off vital things like posting Exp. and the karma system. That leg was beyond saving for some time now.

This post has been edited by Robbie Pie: Jun 9 2012, 00:54
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 01:04
Post #23
ohmightycat

Grumpy Old Man
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Will the new system be pony-based?
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 01:09
Post #24
Raaby

Level 238 (Godslayer)

We need moar posters like you, Cat.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 01:13
Post #25
☆Loli Police☆

Law & Order
Level 463 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Robbie Pie @ Jun 8 2012, 15:53) *

Because there wasn't any spambots, just boring people (like you) spamming up pointless threads with emoticons or copypasta. Spamhaus itself was a tumor that killed off vital things like posting Exp. and the karma system. That leg was beyond saving for some time now.

"No spambots." That's not what it looked like to me when I was there. There was multiple newcomer accounts just sitting in one single thread for hours. The thread jumped to 7,000+ posts in under 10 minutes.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 01:19
Post #26
grumpymal

I hate everything >:C
Level 362 (Godslayer)

If anything, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Tenboro got fed up with it, so he killed it.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 01:24
Post #27
Raaby

Level 238 (Godslayer)

Seven thousand in ten minutes? What a stupid exaggeration, still I do know that a good portion of active posters here do post in Spamhaus. People like Mika, 4Everlost and other wastes of food would do anywhere from 100-150+ posts in there daily, and as far as I know, aren't Spambots, just really uninteresting people.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 01:27
Post #28
☆Loli Police☆

Law & Order
Level 463 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Robbie Pie @ Jun 8 2012, 16:24) *

Seven thousand in ten minutes? What a stupid exaggeration, still I do know that a good portion of active posters here do post in Spamhaus. People like Mika, 4Everlost and other wastes of food would do anywhere from 100-150+ posts in there daily, and as far as I know, aren't Spambots, just really uninteresting people.

It's not an exaggeration, that's how much posts were posted in within that time. Sounds crazy but it's true.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 01:41
Post #29
Raaby

Level 238 (Godslayer)

You don't strike me as the type of person who could count to seven thousand in ten minutes. In any case, I've been here pretty much everyday for the past few years and often do check who the top posters are and never seen anybody other than the gallery system make more than 170+ posts a day the most. I doubt there's a bunch a lazy users out there making spambots to spam Spamhaus for the little bonus you get for ten posts.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 01:55
Post #30
☆Loli Police☆

Law & Order
Level 463 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Robbie Pie @ Jun 8 2012, 16:41) *

You don't strike me as the type of person who could count to seven thousand in ten minutes. In any case, I've been here pretty much everyday for the past few years and often do check who the top posters are and never seen anybody other than the gallery system make more than 170+ posts a day the most. I doubt there's a bunch a lazy users out there making spambots to spam Spamhaus for the little bonus you get for ten posts.

And you don't strike me as the kind of person who's able to have a constructive conversation without insulting the other person. Any-who, that's what I saw and noticed. Bot accounts spamming the living shit out of Spamhaus.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:02
Post #31
Hisoutensoku

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 42 (Artisan)

Everyone in here for some reason thinks that the spamhaus getting bombed with tons of spam is a work of bots, except it wasn't.
It was done via a really really exploitable feature of the forums. All you need to exploit that is a fucking finger and a mouse.

But honestly, binding power into posts and karma is kinda silly.

This post has been edited by Hisoutensoku: Jun 9 2012, 02:08
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:14
Post #32
Raaby

Level 238 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(ShatteredWings @ Jun 8 2012, 19:55) *

And you don't strike me as the kind of person who's able to have a constructive conversation without insulting the other person.

Who me? No, don't be silly. I'm the nicest guy on the forums. If you came out of Spamhaus more often you'd know that.

Any-who, that's what I saw and noticed. Bot accounts spamming the living shit out of Spamhaus.

Do you honestly think Tenboro would delete a forum because of Spambots? The torrents and links forum is chalk full of bots. He created that forum specifically because he didn't care how many times you posted in there, so long as you weren't spamming up other forums with stupid threads. I honestly don't think bots (if they did exist) were the problem.

QUOTE(Hisoutensoku @ Jun 8 2012, 20:02) *

Everyone in here for some reason thinks that the spamhaus getting bombed with tons of spam is a work of bots, except it wasn't.
It was done via a really really exploitable feature of the forums. All you need to exploit that is a fucking finger and a mouse.

But honestly, binding power into posts and karma is kinda silly.

You've been here only two days and suddenly you're an expert in what's going on?

This post has been edited by Robbie Pie: Jun 9 2012, 02:17
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:19
Post #33
Dottboy

Casual
Level 310 (Godslayer)

Well, it wasn't for the 10 post bonus. No one would need to bot for that. It was just some tards getting angry at the site over some galleries. Kind of stupid.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:24
Post #34
☆Loli Police☆

Law & Order
Level 463 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Robbie Pie @ Jun 8 2012, 17:14) *

Who me? No, don't be silly. I'm the nicest guy on the forums.

For some reason I find it VERY hard to believe.

QUOTE(Robbie Pie @ Jun 8 2012, 17:14) *
Do you honestly think Tenboro would delete a forum because of Spambots? The torrents and links forum is chalk full of bots. He created that forum specifically because he didn't care how many times you posted in there, so long as you weren't spamming up other forums with stupid threads. I honestly don't think bots (if they did exist) were the problem.

Well, I guess the only way to find out is to ask Tenboro himself...

This post has been edited by ShatteredWings: Jun 9 2012, 02:24
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:24
Post #35
Hisoutensoku

Newcomer
Level 42 (Artisan)

QUOTE(Robbie Pie @ Jun 9 2012, 02:14) *

You've been here only two days and suddenly you're an expert in what's going on?

I can't tell if you're being simple-minded or actually trying to insult me, mongrel.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:26
Post #36
Raaby

Level 238 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Dottboy @ Jun 8 2012, 20:19) *

Well, it wasn't for the 10 post bonus. No one would need to bot for that. It was just some tards getting angry at the site over some galleries. Kind of stupid.

The galleries have nothing to do with Spamhaus. Look, the only person who really knows why Spamhaus got deleted is Tenboro, so making stupid assumptions about bots or whatever your minuscule minds have conjured up for an excuse for it's demise is most likely wrong.

As for the whole ten post bonus thing, I'm pretty sure that went away when Tenboro gave everyone a 10% bonus of what you needed to level up on your current level in the Dawn of a New Day.

QUOTE(Hisoutensoku @ Jun 8 2012, 20:24) *

I can't tell if you're being simple-minded or actually trying to insult me, mongrel.

Neither, I think it's absurd a new user who has only been two days would have any insight as to what's going on. It makes you sound like a jackass, jackass.

This post has been edited by Robbie Pie: Jun 9 2012, 02:29
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:33
Post #37
Hisoutensoku

Newcomer
Level 42 (Artisan)

QUOTE(Robbie Pie @ Jun 9 2012, 02:26) *

Neither, I think it's absurd a new user who has only been two days would have any insight as to what's going on. It makes you sound like a jackass, jackass.

I'll let you believe that people are only as new as the forum says. You seem to have taken a pony too many.
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:42
Post #38
Raaby

Level 238 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Hisoutensoku @ Jun 8 2012, 20:33) *

I'll let you believe that people are only as new as the forum says.

Say thanks, I appreciate that, possible dupe account.

You seem to have taken a pony too many.

Is this supposed to be some poorly executed insult at me or have I been taking more ponies than I am allowed?
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 02:57
Post #39
varst

Peerless perverted long-hair-con of the Hentaiverse
Level 478 (Godslayer)

I've seen some posts in that thread directed towards Tenb, so it may come from some dissenting members. Of course, that's just my guess.

But then I agree with Derpy. It's just a signal to get Spamhaus removed.

This post has been edited by varst: Jun 9 2012, 02:57
+Quote Post

post Jun 9 2012, 09:54
Post #40
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(ohmightycat @ Jun 9 2012, 01:04) *
Will the new system be pony-based?

Yes, you get bonuses based on how much pony you post.

QUOTE(derpymal @ Jun 9 2012, 01:19) *
If anything, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Tenboro got fed up with it, so he killed it.

Mostly this.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:05