post Jul 21 2012, 11:16
Post #41
MSimm1

The Great and Powerful Derpy
Group: Members
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Bodacious Space Pirates

A great story with excellent animation

Besides, who wouldn't like a red headed pirate in a mini-skirt (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jul 21 2012, 21:05
Post #42
Negative Man

pack it up.
Level 81 (Hero)

QUOTE(MSimm1 @ Jul 21 2012, 04:16) *

Bodacious Space Pirates

Besides, who wouldn't like a red headed pirate in a mini-skirt (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It's just a regular length skirt, imo.
+Quote Post

post Aug 28 2012, 01:39
Post #43
shinobioli

Casual Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 287 (Godslayer)

I recommend the following animes.

1. Steins;gate: brilliant anime with a story that will keep you guessing till the end.

2. Baccano: Colorful characters placed into an initially confusing story that somehow manages to all make sense in the end.

3. Durarara: Same as above, but the story is more linear (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

4. Gintama: My favorite longrunning shonen battle anime. It excels at making you laugh even after 200 episodes! Though it also has some of the best sword fights I've ever seen in an anime.

5. Bakemonogatari and its sequel Nisemonogatari: Mostly a lighthearted ecchi harem anime. But its artwork and surprisingly well developed characters make it stand out of the crowd.

6. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Are you a man? If yes, then it is your duty to watch this! If no, then it is your duty to watch this! This show throws around more deus ex machina's in a single episode than most shonens ever have and you know what? I'm perfectly fine with that.

7. Great Teacher Onizuka: It's about an old biker gang leader that becomes a teacher because he thinks he can get young girls in bed. No wait, don't scroll away just yet! Although Onizuka really is just a big old perv, he has a very kind personality and a profound understanding on how society views delinquent children. Making him the most suitable teacher for the troublesome class he's assigned to.

8. Lucky Star: whimsical? Check. Random? Check. Making mundane everyday interactions funny? Check. Funny? HELL YES.

9. Kore wa zombie desu ka: Upsetting all stereotypes found within alot of the currenct anime makes for a great and also bizarre comedic experience.

10. Baka to test to shoukanjuu: Pffsh A semi-satire of ecchi anime that works? This anime is that and so much more.

11. Code Geass: An intricate game of chess. The pieces being humans in mechs called Knightmares and the board being the world.

12. The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: What if god was walking amongst us, unknowing of his/her powers? This anime answers that very question.
+Quote Post

post Aug 28 2012, 02:11
Post #44
Musashi92

Main cannons ready to fire!
Level 346 (Godslayer)

Spice and wolf.
my welcome banner is spice and wolf.
[attachembed=17037]
This is horo or holo both are right.
She is the wolf godess of the wheat.
She LOVES apples.
[attachembed=17038]
She is my number 1 wolf girl i love besides Momiji.
Also Utawarerumono is a good one.
Here is a pic from hentai comic.
[attachembed=17039]
right is Aruruu and left is Eruruu.
They are sisters.

This post has been edited by wolfgirl of autumn92: Aug 28 2012, 02:15
+Quote Post

post Sep 5 2012, 02:23
Post #45
Ecchi-Kun

Newcomer
Group: Recruits
Level 96 (Lord)

Since everyone else posted most of the good stuff, why not try some generic comedy:

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Seitokai no Ichizon
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

These three are gag anime and slice of life.

Elemental Gerad
This one is pretty cliche but good imo.

and definitely Elfen Lied. Lots of action and gore in it, so be prepared.
+Quote Post

post Sep 6 2012, 03:17
Post #46
Hilus

Lurker

Boku no Pico.
+Quote Post

post Sep 6 2012, 03:25
Post #47
zedyue

Casual Poster
Level 113 (Ascended)

QUOTE(Hilus @ Sep 5 2012, 21:17) *

Boku no Pico.

This isn't /a/

Yuru Yuri - comedy slice of life

This post has been edited by zedyue: Sep 6 2012, 06:33
+Quote Post

post Sep 6 2012, 06:31
Post #48
Anime Janai

Active Poster
Level 435 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Lolgasm101 @ May 28 2012, 18:24) *

So im bored of wating a week for new fairy tale/bleach etc. and am having trouble finding a new series that i like. Im hoping for recommendations. I like animes about magic, adventure, comedy, action, etc anyway i would apreciate feedback thanks
Have you tried Fullmetal alchemist?(3 out of 4 aint bad)
QUOTE(Lolgasm101 @ May 28 2012, 19:18) *
I have ive seen the first one and brotherhood They were both amazing in my opinion
How about Girls Bravo?
QUOTE(Lolgasm101 @ May 29 2012, 17:29) *
Ive seen girls bravo xD like i said... im running out of things to watch
. :
. :
QUOTE(Hilus @ Sep 5 2012, 18:17) *
Boku no Pico.

My post is not a flame but a recommendation that since you're asking about ALL anime series (because neither fairy tail nor bleach are NEW series) that you haven't yet SEEN, you should list the anime series you have already seen so that we don't waste time thinking up something you have already seen just to get a "oh, i've seen that already". Worse is when someone responds with a detailed recommendation only to have you shoot her down with a "i seen that already".

If you like the anime, you might like the manga too. So, look up the manga version at [www.mangaupdates.com] mangaupdates.com. If you like the music, look up the soundtrack at nipponsei or [www.bakabt.me] BAKABT.ME which is a wonderful site because all entries have to to through an evaluation process open to the public to make sure the item is the best version of that type (xvid, mkv, multi-audio, etc) available. Thus, you don't waste time wondering even if it is the error-corrected v3 subtitle and can just download right away. Use the search there for tags like fantasy, etc. An amazing number of things are clickable on the search pages including column headers. Click once on a search results column header and it sorts in one direction. Click again on the same column header and it sorts in the OTHER direction. Nice isn't it? Bakabt has been around since 2003 when it was named Boxtorrents with the site's goal of having fans help fans. After founder Box left, the staff changed the site to bakabt but still kept thinking outside the box (old joke). Because the site has so much info, you can even use it to research an anime series and viewer comments about it because each item has comments at the bottom.

My italicized recommendations are clickable for description info, screenshot examples, and download source.

[bakabt.me] Angelic Layer - has character and story based upon designs by CLAMP. In this case, the anime is substantially better than the manga.

[bakabt.me] Appleseed 2004 movie - is a reboot theatrical movie with high-quality detailed action sequences and nice plot twists. Note carefully it is a multi-audio movie so download a smaller version from the choices available on that page in the upper right corner.

[bakabt.me] Appleseed Ex Machina 2007 movie is another movie in the same universe as the Appleseed 2004 movie. It has more of what you liked in the 2004 movie. Note it is also a multi-audio movie with commentary track available. Yes, running commentary audio track is also available.

[bakabt.me] Halo Legends - is a collection of 8 high-quality anime OVA by various japanese directors for the well-known HALO game. I strongly recommend this if you liked the HALO game or its related franchise. Most of them are between 10 to 15 minutes in length and tell compact detailed stories from the HALO universe. And no, they are not moemoe or maid cafe stories; these videos contain a variety of character portrayals, drama, background info, epic concepts, and clever technology. For example, you will see a lot of HALO tech in Episode #7 "The Package".

Last Exile and its sequel Last Exile 2.

[bakabt.me] High School of the Dead - is a well-plotted well-paced show about the fall from grace for mankind. Pay close attention to the versions available for download. The dub version doesn't use FLAC in order to save on filesize while the other one meant to be seen subbed has FLAC audio.

One inadvertent aspect of High School of the Dead is that it repeatedly shows the differences of competition and cooperation upon society. Competition is beneficial to society as a whole when things are going well. But if things are not going well, competition can prevent recovery or at the least cause a quicker collapse. In the world environment of HSotD, cooperation is much better, but you see how people still compete against one another. The competition actually makes things FAR worse than it could have been since with cooperation, the zombies would not have multiplied at the rate they did. Over and over, mistakes by the general public are made because of competition instead of cooperation. The scanlated manga continues the story beyond the anime so look that up if you wanted to see what went on after the last anime episode. The author is into making money from merchandising, so as soon as the anime series was over, the author kept on putting out manga chapters except once per month and once the sales merchandise stockpiles were exhausted, he then put the manga on hiatus. It's a fairly efficient strategy a lot of authors use since they can work on different manga titles that might earn their own anime merchandising series. Merchandising and licensing of intellectual property works are where the vast majority of the money is made which is why so many authors start and stop projects based upon the merchandising prognosis by the publisher's intellectual property management department. Some major media publishers such as Bandai, Shogakukan, Shueisha, and Toei are well-known for also providing merchandising and intellectual property management for their authors' properties. Sometimes, merchandise and license sales are more important and determine the pacing and content of manga chapters and anime episodes (e.g. One Piece). If you closely examine the content of a One Piece episode, up to 40% of the episode is either recycled, repeat, dead time, cut or fade time, long eyecatches, long length opening credits, long opening descriptions, opening flashback, opening description of current episode, opening eyecatch, ending, future episode rehash, and long length closing credits. If you bought 100 DVDs, imagine throwing at least 25 of them away as repeat material. That is an example of the curse of merchandising where the tail wags the dog and changes the content of both the manga and anime due to each set of newly introduced merchandise needing a minimum period of time of sales before a new set of merchandise is introduced. Because of this time period, it forces anime arcs (and thus the manga arcs) to take place over a long time period. Thus, the anime episodes get padded full of filler material so that the entire arc can fill up the amount of time stipulated by contracts for merchandise or license sales. [bakabt.me] Bio Meat Nectar - is a horror manga that shows the difference between cooperation and competition when things go bad. While it is a manga, if you like an occasional horror story, this one has quite a bit of it.

Dang it all, how do I increase my post count if I keep writing long TL;DR posts?
+Quote Post

post Sep 8 2012, 04:46
Post #49
BlueDragoon01

チルノのパーフェクトさんすう教室
Level 250 (Godslayer)

Try this:
High School DxD
Nurarihyon no Mago
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Shinryaku Ika Musume Season 1 and 2
+Quote Post

post Sep 20 2012, 15:34
Post #50
hikari_luv_shirayuki

AKU ADA KOTE
Level 355 (Godslayer)

try Bakemoogatari
+Quote Post

post Sep 23 2012, 19:50
Post #51
MiliaZ

Meow~!~!~!
Level 211 (Godslayer)

Have a try with kingdom, hope you will like it
+Quote Post

post Nov 1 2012, 10:10
Post #52
yoyyoyo

Lurker
Level 28 (Apprentice)

eeeeh this is off topic but

everyone should watch Akira. Watch it if you haven't. It's just that good.
+Quote Post

post Nov 2 2012, 07:26
Post #53
bluupanda

Casual Poster
Level 168 (Destined)

eiken
gantz
when they cry
hellsing
+Quote Post

post Nov 10 2012, 17:56
Post #54
mad2251

Newcomer
Level 10 (Novice)

From this season I recommend
-Robotics;notes
-Chuninbyou
-Zetsuen no Tempest
-Onii Ai, I like the ecchi and comendy in this.

+Quote Post

post Nov 11 2012, 07:23
Post #55
Trigun999

Newcomer
Level 381 (Godslayer)

The Nanoha series (didn't like Strikers that much but A's is great)
Infinite Strados
To aru majutsu no Index
To aru kagaku no Railgun
Accel World

If your into Touhou one group has made 2 episodes while another has made one long movie without voices(later fan-dubbed)

An old anime of the 1990's (difficult to find)(fulfills requirements + mecha)
Haō Taikei Ryū Knight 52 epi. +OVA
GaoGaiGar 50+ epi. + 8 epi. OVA(love the OVA the Best)
+Quote Post

post Nov 11 2012, 14:41
Post #56
hikari_luv_shirayuki

AKU ADA KOTE
Level 355 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(MSimm1 @ Jul 21 2012, 17:16) *

Bodacious Space Pirates

already got it but i let it collect dust for now
+Quote Post

post Nov 12 2012, 02:35
Post #57
darkwolf999

Regular Poster
Level 103 (Lord)

I would recommend Tenchi Muyo GXP. Very funny series.
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 16:32
Post #58
Bane13

🔞 🔞 🔞 🔞 🔞 🔞 🔞 🔞 🔞
Level 500 (Godslayer)

'Ghost Hunt' had all those qualities. It was good enough to be a favorite, in supernatural/horror, because the comedy aspect lightened the serious subject matter the right way so it wasnt too heavy...
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 18:35
Post #59
yaoi-lover

♀ nyaaa~
Level 167 (Destined)

well i could recommend a few if you have watch them just ignore it

-FLCL
-Needless
-Midori no Hibi Days
-Gintama
-Like someone all ready mentioned "Gurren Lagann" (you just have to watch it)
-Ao No Exorcist
-GreenGreens

Only a few really worth checking =)
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 18:37
Post #60
Trigun999

Newcomer
Level 381 (Godslayer)

If you want to try japanese folklore type of anime
Bakemonogatari and its sequel Nisemonogatari then the Prequel Nekomonogatari
or
Gegege no Kitaro (There are like 100 episodes per decade that a anime was made 1960,70,80,90,2000 (probably another one within 10 years))
+Quote Post

14 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 18:12