Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Overload Warning, Why is it happening?

post Dec 13 2011, 21:45
Post #1
Apocalypse Horsemen

Can't Save the World⁇ Then Prepare for its END‼ ☠
Group: Members
Level 290 (Godslayer)

I've been getting the following warning message for a few days now, & it seems to be getting worse. I've searched the old threads & EHWiki on this issue, but none has offered any solutions.

"Your IP address has been temporarily banned for using automated mirroring/harvesting software and/or failing to heed the overload warning. The ban expires in xx hours xx minutes"

The following are my observations:
1) It happens
- (i) at the main login page https://e-hentai.org/,
- (ii) whenever I try to access the User Control Panel &
- (iii) the galleries.

2) Initially, the issue was easily resolved by simply refreshing the page (at least once).

3) The "Ban" duration sometimes varies during each page refreshing, from < 1hr to nearly a day.

4) I do not use any "automated mirroring/harvesting software" that I'm aware of, & I've not installed any new software recently

5) I've tried manually setting my IP address, restarting my browsers (FF8.0/Chrome), clearing my cache/cookies, even restarting my NB/Router/Modem, with no effect.

6) HV & the forums are still accessible (still). Had just managed to open the main gallery page, but the warning appeared again, when I tried to open a gallery.

Could there be any underlying reasons as to why this is happening & only recently? Are there any other users being similarly affected? This is really quite frustrating. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get on this. Thanks.

This post has been edited by cyberwaveIT: Dec 13 2011, 23:25
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2011, 01:04
Post #2
lovehcomics

Active Poster
Level 272 (Godslayer)

Are you behind a proxy? Sometimes an ISP will put you on one IP address along with many other people without telling you. You might have to wait on the admin to tell you if a ton of people are logging in from the same IP address.

Also, are you sure your ISP or computer isn't using some kind of 'turbo' feature that tries to predownload a site ahead of time? Or your browser isn't set to more than 2 connections per server?

ISP name? Browser/s? OS or OSes? Versions?

OK #4: I mention above how you could have one and not know it. There's tests to determine this but the ISP name should make it fast to find in Google.
OK #5: You tried both browsers.
It's very likely your ISP.

This post has been edited by lovehcomics: Dec 14 2011, 04:04
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2011, 02:34
Post #3
Jitsu2

Casual Poster
Level 264 (Godslayer)

Also a list of your browser addons would be helpful.

I can imagine the following scenario:

There's lots of so-called browser addons which claim to speed up your browsing. What they really do is caching all relevant links on the site while you're idling/reading/watching/fapping. If one would try to do that on E-hentain, he will get banhammered instantly.
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2011, 04:17
Post #4
Apocalypse Horsemen

Level 290 (Godslayer)

Here's some of the additional info requested

ISP: Singnet
Browser: Firefox 8.0 (main) / Google Chrome 16.0.912.63 (backup/alt)
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Firefox addons: [attachmentid=10464]
Chrome addons: None

PS. I'm still able to currently access e-hentai.org off/on (~ 1 in 7 to 10 tries), which makes it all that much frustrating (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) as well as intriguing (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) .
Guess I won't be able to enjoy the galleries for the time being. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Here's the most puzzling bit, I've been with the ISP for years now & it has never happened before even after I joined up E-Hentai last year, so why is it happening now?

(IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) ??? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by cyberwaveIT: Dec 14 2011, 05:06
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2011, 05:19
Post #5
lovehcomics

Active Poster
Level 272 (Godslayer)

All the plugins look OK. It can't be both browsers. So we've eliminated all but one thing.

As I suspected.... SingNet is Singapore? It's a known problem with some asian ISPs. You'll probably need to get a VPN or proxy. ;( See these:
[www.zincplay.com] http://www.zincplay.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3372
[forums.vr-zone.com] http://forums.vr-zone.com/networking-broad...f-internet.html

Reason they're doing this is IP4's [en.wikipedia.org] limit on new IP addresses. Time to move to IP6! (Actually, several years ago but they're cheap lazy bastards)
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2011, 06:31
Post #6
Apocalypse Horsemen

Level 290 (Godslayer)

Applied the Manual Proxy Configuration (with ref to my ISP) under Firefox & Hurray! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I'm now able to surf the galleries again!!! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Thanks @lovehcomics for your valuable assistance rendered (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Wonder why this solution was never mentioned before in the old threads? Hmmn (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Maybe this solution / workaround should be included in the EHWiki Technical page to help others facing this similar problem in the future.
To @Maximum_Joe, what do you think?

This post has been edited by cyberwaveIT: Dec 14 2011, 13:37
+Quote Post

post Dec 14 2011, 13:27
Post #7
lovehcomics

Active Poster
Level 272 (Godslayer)

Well, "well known" to me but maybe not others. I've seen this soooooooo many times on forums from users in Asia. Pretty soon you'll see it happen almost everywhere because there's millions of new users every month and no new IP addresses to hand out to them. I wonder if IP6 is supported by Tenboro's DNS service or more precisely, the people who keep track of the entry for his hosts and the ISP/s he uses. If your ISP supported it, and you installed the OS support, in theory it only needs support on the site's end. It's very much circular logic at this moment. They point fingers at each other saying stuff like:

"We don't provide IP6 support at Comcast/Singnet/BT/whoever because no sites support it." (REAL problem)
"We don't bother having IP6 support on our gateways because none of your visitors have support from their ISPs."
"We put the protocol support in the OS but leave it off by default because no ISPs or websites use it and it's buggy." (Buggy because of course... no one's tested it in the real world on the same scale as IP4 is)
"Our home routers don't support it because it's an premium feature and most people can't use it yet anyways." (They want to force you to upgrade to new hardware every year)

It's painful but hopefully a onetime upgrade that will fix the IP address system for eons. Most of these excuses are being heard less and less as they are being forced to upgrade.

This post has been edited by lovehcomics: Dec 14 2011, 13:30
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 17:53