19 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.5.3, On the knife's edge

post May 15 2011, 11:05
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Monster Lab

- A rudimentary Skill Editor has been added. For now, it will only allow you to add one skill to your monster at the default settings and with the same damage type as their main attack.
-- Monsters with a physical attack damagetype gets a Dex/Physical type skill, while those with an elemental attack type get an Int/Magical type skill. These will eventually be customizable.
-- (Dex/Physical means a physical attack skill that gets boosted by the Dexterity stat. Int/Magical means a magical attack skill that gets boosted by Intelligence.)

- Crystal Fusing no longer asks for a confirmation for Every. Single. Upgrade.

- Giant Strength dropped from 12 to 10; Dexterity dropped from 9 to 8; Endurance increased from 12 to 14; Wind/Elec resistance increased from -50 to -25

- Arthropod Elec resistance increased from 0 to 25; Cold resistance dropped from 0 to -25

- Avion Agility increased from 12 to 14

- Reptilian Dexterity increased from 9 to 10; Agility increased from 5 to 6

Out-of-battle Restoratives

A new function has been added that allows you to use restoratives to restore your health/magic/spirit/stamina outside of battles. These options can be found by clicking the "Restoratives" button found below the vital bars.

To keep it simple, the system will automatically determine the optimal mix of restoratives to use. It will always pick the weaker items first, starting at Lesser and moving up to the more powerful ones if weaker restoratives are not available.

It will however never use Elixirs, and it will not use items from the Battle Inventory.

Restoring Health/Magic/Spirit will always use enough items to fill the bar all the way up, while restoring Stamina will only use a single Energy Drink.

You can also use Tokens of Healing to restore all three vital stats for free.

Note that due to this addition, the Healer has been removed from the game.

Equipment Proficiency Revamp

The way equipment proficiency works has been reworked. It no longer boosts the actual stats on gear; instead it gives direct bonuses under certain circumstances. This avoids the hack where certain stats were not subject to proficiencies, and also makes the entire system much easier to balance.

Note that for armor, you have to wear a full set of an armor type to get the benefits - that is, stick to either cloth, light or heavy.

The new stat boosts are as follows. The stat gains listed are all for every 10 points of proficiency.

When wearing all CLOTH armor
+ 0.25% Spell Crit Chance
+ 0.5% Magical Mitigation
+ 1 Wisdom

When wearing all LIGHT armor
+ 0.25% Attack Crit Chance
+ 0.5% Resist
+ 1 Agility

When wearing all HEAVY armor
+ 0.5% Crushing/Slashing/Piercing Mitigation
- 1 Burden
+ 1 Endurance

When using ONE-HANDED/SHIELD
+ 3.0% Attack Damage (per 10 One-Handed Proficiency)
+ 0.5% Attack Accuracy (per 10 One-Handed Proficiency)
+ 0.5% Block (per 10 Shield Proficiency)

When using TWO-HANDED
+ 4.0% Attack Damage
+ 0.5% Attack Accuracy
+ 0.5% Parry

When using DUAL-WIELD
+ 5.0% Attack Damage
+ 0.5% Attack Accuracy
+ 0.25% Attack Crit Chance

When using STAFF
+ 3.0% Attack Damage
+ 0.5% Attack Accuracy
+ 0.5% Spell Damage

Proficiency still affects proc chances as before, and magical proficiencies have not been changed.

General Balancing Changes

- The absorption stats now count less towards the final quality score of an item.

- Green Aura now adds 1% Physical Mitigation per rank instead of Absorb

- Blue Aura now adds 1% Magical Mitigation per rank instead of Absorb

- Physical and Magical Mitigation across all armor and shield classes has been increased significantly.
-- The base mitigation factor has been doubled, but the scaling modifier for level has been reduced from corresponding to +50% at level 200 to +10% at level 200
-- This change is retroactive for all equipment.

- The level scaling modifier for avoidance stats that work on all attacks (Evade and Block) was reduced.
-- This change is retroactive for all equipment.

- Shadow Veil now increases Evade directly instead of the mysterious "Physical Miss Chance" stat. This means that Shadow Veil now works both against Physical and Magical attacks. Due to this, the effect was reduced slightly:
- The Scroll version was dropped from 25% to 20%
- The Support Proficiency factor on the casted version was dropped from /50 to /100

- In a fit of sense making more, the compromise for an earlier bug was untangled:
-- "Elemental Rating" for players is now Elemental Resistance, same as for monsters. That means it no longer adds a damage bonus for magic.
-- The Elemental Rating no longer has the halved effect towards Resistance seen earlier. So a 50% Elemental RatingResistance actually reduces damage for that Element by 50%.
-- Note that this is no longer displayed on the Character screen; it is added directly on the Equipment screen.

- The base effect of Cure spells was increased to, among other things, offset the loss of the bonus from Holy Rating.
-- Cure now restores a fixed amount of health, depending on Elemental Bonus/Proficiency. (That is, the random factor was removed.)

- The additional interference penalty applied to spell damage was removed. Between the proficiency drop and the not wearing magic-boosting gear, it was probably unnecessary.

Cloth Armor Changes

- Cloth armor is now pure-bred mage armor:
-- Silk has been removed from the loot table.
-- Cotton has been fundamentally changed from who knows what to a protective mage-type armor. It is the only cloth that can drop with elemental protections.
-- Phase no longer drops in the proficiency-boosting variants.

The full lineup of Cloth Armor is now as follows:

Cotton: Protective mage cloth; drops in variants that boost generic protection and elemental mitigation
Gossamer: Proficiency-boosting mage cloth; drops in variants that boost magic proficiencies, as well as the generic Fox/Owl type
Phase: Rare elemental-boosting mage cloth with zero burden and high evade; drops in variants that boost elemental damage, as well as the generic Fox/Owl type

- The elemental damage bonus from Surth/Niflheim/Mjolnir/Freyr/Heimdall/Fenrir staff/armor was increased from (5,10) to (10,15)

Light Armor Changes

- Shade Armor, a new type of Light Armor, was added. This is a rare low-burden high-evade/resist type armor with physical damage and accuracy bonuses.
-- Interference is the same as Kevlar, but Burden is about half.
-- In addition to Fleet/Negation variants, it also drops in the new Shadowdancer and Arcanist types.
--- Shadowdancer adds a +phys crit bonus, increases the evade and dex/agi bonuses, and has no burden.
--- Arcanist adds a bonus to magic accuracy, increases the resist bonus, and halves the interference.

- Existing Light Armor types were given a makeover:
-- Leather Armor: removed elemental protection variants, added physical protection variants, slightly decreased burden
-- Dragon Hide: removed physical protection variants, increased magical absorb from (13,27) to (24,36), increased magical mitigation from (11,22) to (20,30), increased resist from (4,8) to (10,15)
-- Kevlar: removed elemental protection variants, increased physical absorb from (14,30) to (24,36), increased physical mitigation from (12,24) to (20,30), slightly decreased evade/resist, slightly decreased burden, changed all physical mitigation from (25,45)/(14,24)/(4,14) to (20,40)

The full lineup of Light Armor is thus as follows:

Leather: Basic physical protection light armor; drops in variants that boosts physical protection by various ways
Dragon Hide: High-resist elemental and magical protection light armor; drops in variants that increase resistance and elemental protection
Kevlar: Rare high-mitigation physical protect light armor; drops in variants that further boost physical protection
Shade: Rare low-burden high-evade/resist armor with physical damage/accuracy bonuses; drops in variants that boost evade/resist, crit/hit chances and primary attributes, as well as reductions in burden/interference

Heavy Armor Changes

- Mitigation Stats for newly generated Heavy Armor was increased, and in the case of Plate Armor, significantly.

- Mitigation-specific shield variants were dropped.

- Chainmail Armor was removed from the loot table.

- Heavy Armor now has the same mitigation against Piercing attacks as against Slashing.

- Resist was removed from all Heavy Armor drops.

Misc

- Fixed a bug where the proficiency bonus from equipment didn't count towards the additional duration for deprecating spells.

- Fixed a bug where dual-wield proficiency did not increase the parry bonus for the offhand weapon.

- Added a "Reply" button to the MoogleMail.

- Fixed some outdated "Focus" descriptions.

- The RiddleMaster is now slightly more forgiving of errors. The first failure in a three-day sliding window will now hit you for 1 stamina, increasing to 5, 10 and 20 for the second, third and fourth+ failure.

- The option "No Random Encounters" has been added under the "Advanced Encounters" selection. This will disable "random" encounters entirely, while still triggering the dawn event.

- Tokens now drop at a rate of 50/25/25.

Discuss.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:05
Post #2
Bunko

Hermit
Group: Members
Level 338 (Godslayer)

Let's see what we have here...
Too much intriguing stuff to comment without proper testing.
I have been tracking my monsters' progress in excel, will be interesting to see how their kill counts per day change now.

* A new function has been added that allows you to use restoratives to restore your health/magic/spirit/stamina outside of battles. These options can be found by clicking the "Restoratives" button found below the vital bars.
Now that's just nice.

I miss her already.

The way equipment proficiency works has been reworked. It no longer boosts the actual stats on gear; instead it gives direct bonuses under certain circumstances.
Eeehh ! ? I never considered it boosting anything, instead, having low proficiency limited the gains from equipment.

Trying to give my fish the attack name: Lockjaw says:
A monster with that name already exists.
Invalid or missing skill name

The absorption stats now count less towards the final quality score of an item.
Wat ?

What on earth happened to my burden, it's suddenly 19.4 without a weapon, wearing cloth.
With my tiny little scythe it goes to 41 burden. something got a bit messed me thinks.

Way to nerf the blockrates on shields.
Or so I thought. The blockrates on shields are lower, but equipping one still puts my blockrate to 46,1.
My shield profiency is at 244, guess I'll try upping it.

This post has been edited by Bunko: May 15 2011, 15:13
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:11
Post #3
Eutopia

Active Poster
Level 437 (Godslayer)

Talk about massive nerf on mages (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:15
Post #4
syrate

Casual Poster
Level 210 (Destined)

- Shadow Veil now increases Evade directly instead of the mysterious "Physical Miss Chance" stat. This means that Shadow Veil now works both against Physical and Magical attacks. Due to this, the effect was reduced slightly:
- The Scroll version was dropped from 25% to 20%
- The Support Proficiency factor on the casted version was dropped from /50 to /100

Wasn't it 1/10 before?

Edit: Though it does still seem to give half the proficiency bonus as intended.

This post has been edited by syrate: May 15 2011, 11:16
+Quote Post

Post #5
welcom

休息中
Level 303 (Godslayer)

Again and again.

So, what shall we have to lost next?

This post has been edited by welcom: May 15 2011, 11:16
+Quote Post

Post #6
Zero Angel

Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ May 15 2011, 17:05) *

So... what happens to the Healing Tokens?
Can we still use them?
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:16
Post #7
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Eutopia @ May 15 2011, 11:11) *

Talk about massive nerf on mages (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

- The elemental damage bonus from Surth/Niflheim/Mjolnir/Freyr/Heimdall/Fenrir staff/armor was increased from (5,10) to (10,15)

I don`t think so.

Now off finding new Phase (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:19
Post #8
dkplee

Active Poster
Level 216 (Destined)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ May 15 2011, 02:05) *

LOL every mage with edb gear just got fucked. Good thing I'm still too terrible at HV to use them yet.
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:19
Post #9
visara

Newcomer
Level 261 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Ichy @ May 15 2011, 04:16) *

I don`t think so.

but goodbye to Flame Tongues 10% rating, Hellfire 10% rating, etc... overall a loss, I would think
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:20
Post #10
Eutopia

Active Poster
Level 437 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Ichy @ May 15 2011, 11:16) *

I don`t think so.

Try out your new damage, think i lost up to 40% damage. Also i dont understand why that change couldnt be retroactive, well probably too much work i guess.

This post has been edited by Eutopia: May 15 2011, 11:21
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:23
Post #11
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Rei-Tenshi @ May 15 2011, 11:15) *

So... what happens to the Healing Tokens?

You know, I was thinking about those, but somewhere along the line I forgot about them. I'll remove them in a little while.

QUOTE(Eutopia @ May 15 2011, 11:20) *

Also i dont understand why that change couldnt be retroactive, well probably too much work i guess.

Because suffix bonuses are applied at loot generation time.
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:23
Post #12
dkplee

Active Poster
Level 216 (Destined)

QUOTE(Eutopia @ May 15 2011, 02:20) *

Try out your new damage, think i lost up to 40% damage. Also i dont understand why that change couldnt be retroactive, well probably too much work i guess.

Yeah, loss of ratings, loss of equipment proficiencies, I can't really one-shot on normal anymore.

Oh, but you see, you see! I now have a whopping +54% physical damage bonus to make up for it! It's even higher than my +44.1% magic damage bonus! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:25
Post #13
Eutopia

Active Poster
Level 437 (Godslayer)

Cant you remove neptunia now its very annoying.
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:27
Post #14
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ May 15 2011, 11:23) *

You know, I was thinking about those, but somewhere along the line I forgot about them. I'll remove them in a little while.

Can we sell them to the Bazaar? I have like 700 of them left (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
And does this mean we will gat much more Blood Tokens from Token Bonus now? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by Ichy: May 15 2011, 11:28
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:28
Post #15
Zero Angel

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ May 15 2011, 17:23) *

How about just adding a "Use Token" in the Restoratives menu?
I'd hate to see my 750+ Healing Tokens go to waste just like that..

+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:32
Post #16
Death Grunty

デス★ランディ
Level 369 (Dovahkiin)

I like most of these changes.
Equipment Proficiency Revamp isn't one of them though. I don't like how we have to stick to one set to gain anything out of proficiency.

I have to ask though how does it work with Niten?
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:33
Post #17
Mephi-Dross

Newcomer
Level 87 (Champion)

No healer anymore... I really do miss that already :/
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:33
Post #18
zhen0n

Lab Member no. 009
Level 464 (Godslayer)

hmm I was thinking of switching to melee now being a mage is getting harder...no more added damage for ratings right?? I better reset my abilities now
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:39
Post #19
monkey08881

Regular Poster
Level 264 (Godslayer)

Looks like nice upgrades I was really sick of never finding caster cloth gear only melee crap
+Quote Post

post May 15 2011, 11:40
Post #20
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Question:

What kind of pot does it use to heal? There seems no option to choose.
Always a godly or does it use weak pots first?
+Quote Post

19 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 22:03