Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

58 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Official "Report A Retarded Monster" Thread, Since an actual voting system hopefully shouldn't be necessary

post Jan 31 2011, 18:49
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Monsters that violate the Naming Guidelines set forth here should be reported in this thread.

Essentially, the way this will work (for now at least) is that you report the monsters you feel should be delisted, as well as the reason why. (Mis-spelled, violating the Stupid Clause, contains profanity, etc). As soon as a couple of people have seconded it, I'll verify it and disable them.

Addendum: You can list current monsters in the system here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 18:58
Post #2
buttseckz

Casual Poster
Group: Members
Level 224 (Godslayer)

i'll turn in my "fumofu" then since i obviously misspelled it (though i would prefer it to just be renamed).

also, if it gets deleted, do i keep my monster slot?
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 18:58
Post #3
hyl

snacking on an Ebi Fry
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 302 (Godslayer)

What about the names that were misspelled before you imposed that rule?
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 19:06
Post #4
hyl

snacking on an Ebi Fry
Level 302 (Godslayer)

I have seen a zombie jesus, which is fine

But there is also a mf zombie jesus

3 6 You gain 4884 EXP!
3 5 You are Victorious!
3 4 Regen restores 153 points of health.
3 3 Mf Zombie Jesus has been defeated.
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 19:27
Post #5
ootoro

Level 272 (Godslayer)

"Monster Tentacle"?
I'm fighting one with a Tentacle Monster right next to it.
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 19:46
Post #6
Death Grunty

デス★ランディ
Level 369 (Dovahkiin)

There are 2 Pedo Bears.
MID=1031 Pedo Bear
MID=1170 Pedobear

Honestly get rid of the second one. Pedo Bear is funny, but there shouldn't be 2 of them. By seniority 1031 wins.

MID=1221 Blkeyes Blueprinny
MID=1314 Black Eyes Blue Prinny

Both mine. Originally I wanted a "Black-Eyes Blue Prinny" but it wasn't possible because the system rejects the "-", so I made those 2 to see which one's better. And I'll go with the second one, so I'd request you delete the Blkeyes Blueprinny for Mis-spelled reason.

MID=1293 Penis

Castrate that one.

MID=1418 Arnachy Panty

Obvious misspell. ANARCHY.
And if you were to rename it only to fix it, you should rather change
MID=1146 Stocking
MID=1147 Panty
to Anarchy Stocking & Anarchy Panty (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 19:55
Post #7
hyl

snacking on an Ebi Fry
Level 302 (Godslayer)

0 4 Spawned Monster C: MID=1629 (Ravenous Bugblatter Beast Of Traal) LV=183 HP=14441 MP=131 SP=62 NA=58 Type=hostile

"Ravenous Bugblatter Beast Of Traal" is so long that the name doesn't even fit in the screen for me (dunno about others, so i am not sure about this)
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 20:24
Post #8
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Level 365 (Godslayer)

I posted few dozen names here, let me requote my post for your convenience (struck out one name that is claimed to be a 4chan ref, corr Tifa sp (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ):

Anyway, having faced off with Tom, Sean, Vic, Ted, James, Hela, Eve, Sophia, Erica, Maria, Dadd, Diana Octavia, Death, AR194A, RJ45, KJW, Mex, Add, Baby, Charlie the destroyer, Mechadeath, Cheerwine, Baasaakaa, clubtail, Dyke spies, SDBAO, Hungry Artist, Viper, Terror of Death, Nanakon, Fuzzy, Ric em rak em, Nightmare, Category King, Dragadrone, Forever Alone, Pizza, Doghouse, Bones, Uberking, Hedge, Spark, Vile, Taint, Depressed Robot, Fire AI (or maybe it was Fire Al, hard to tell), Dunga Dunga President, Frostbite, Frost, Fever, King of E, Jbwan, Uli, Grimace, Nuclear Holocaust, Giant Brocoli, Ratio, Flint, Firefighter, Fire eater, Rampaging Morgh, Nice Boat, Uizon, Ancient Toaster, OOO, Robo 2, Mech, MSX, Mini, Vic Viper T3-01, silathi, Stone Cold Crazy, potentkin, Eetdout, Figo, Free EXP, Fonzi... I stand by my assumption that there is a lot of trash out there, and Ten is not catching it up quickly enough. As far as I can tell, none of those names has anything to to with Japan, anime/manga, hentai, fantasy, or Internet humor. Do we want to be a frigging dictionary of more or less random adjectives, nouns, names and nicknames?

Gutter humor junk: none, surprisingly (did Ten implement some word-filter already? I'd be surprised if he did so, smartly, before going to sleep biggrin.gif). Still: Panty, Stocking (I am waiting for Garbelt, and all other names associated with underwear of all genders to appear soon). Edit: cockzilla and naked loli snuck through... smile.gif Edit: Penis is there, too.

On the subject of misspellings and such: Tifa (should be Tifa Lockhart, grrrr... and I am sure we will soon see that name variant, too). Same for Rika, Akagi and a bunch of others (too many characters with this as the first name only, too... I am just surprised I haven't seen Rei or Asuka - yet). Next, Freedom Gundam (should be ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam... or so help me FSM, I'll spam the monster system with ZGFM X20A Gundam, ZGMF-X20A Gundam, Strike Freedom Gundam, ZGMF Strike Gundam, all other alt names of this Gudam model, and a bunch of mispelling myself :> Moving on, somebody mispelled Banshee as Banshi. Don't get me started on Aoi. Fumoffu was mispelled Fumoffu, and see my comment on anime series later (and it is incomplete title anyway, aargh!).

At first I was unsure whether I like or dislike the staple monsters without any other Japanimehentaiero ref: Reptile (yeah, that's smart...), Timber Wolf, Royal Tiger, Orc Raider, Ogre, Rusty Mermaid (and her sister the Busty Mermaid), Rock Golem, Undead Dwarf, Dark Elf, Goliath, Ifrit, Angel, Razing Angel, Red Angel, Corrputing Angel, BeataAngel, Angel of Death... Overall, I think we cannot tie it to something related to other themes, kill it; or this hverse will soon become a repository of all fantasy-related ideas... It can be done, and done well, just requires some thought (on the subject of Angels, I saw Noble Scarlet earlier, and Spear Mint, and I do appreciate that, whoever came up with that - looking forward to other OMG references, but I don't want to see them spammed by a thousand generic "angel of insert_adjective_here").

Mythology and folklore: having seen a number of angel and demon names (including mispelled ones like Azreal), do we want to be a repository of such stuff? Note that bosses of Trio, while mythology-based, are also character names from OMG. That's fine, but I think the added flavor is obvious here.

Ditto for Tolkien, I already saw Smaug and Ungoliant. I like Middleearth, but it has nothing to do with hverse... should I just wait three days for the IW after which I can say I killed an entire Fellowship of the Ring? smile.gif And the nine Nazguls... hey, how about I name my first nine monstes like this: First Nazgul, Second Nazgul, Third Nazgul... and then the next nine, 1st Nazgul, 2nd Nazgul, 3rd Nazgul... feel the Nazgul blues, anyone? And what the hell, I'll make the Nazgul blues monster, too!

Anime and manga names: Black Rock Shooter, Berserk (why don't we just dump entire Anime list from ANN into the monster list?). Then there was Silver Hawk (Hong Kong movie heroine...), and hey, The Governator, which is the title of a recent Arnold Schwarzenegger biography... running out of naming ideas? Project Gutenberg is that way, just next to Wikipedia... shudder.

How long till we have all the X-Men inside, plus the X-Men, XMen, X-Man, and other typos? I already saw Hulk, Storm and Iceman...

Ohh, I just saw Metalica. Yes, misspelled with one l. Can't wait for more (misspelled) band names.

Fought Bach. Where's Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin? Somebody, quick, make them! And the Beatles, too...

Actors: John Wayne. I am sure he feels lonely, somebody, raid IMDb and add more actors!

The fact that Chuck Norris is a common monster and easily killable is totally unfair, too smile.gif Ditto for Ctulthu.

Made me smirk, but still, kill: Yourself

Made me laugh and I'd vote keep: Zombie Jesus smile.gif But then, there is also Robot Jesus. How many words can you append Jesus to before this stops being funny? (And I know I myself would be tempted to answer "no limit", but do we want every second monster here to be Jesus-something, and every fourth, Mohammed, Buddha or Jehowa...?). Edit: just saw Jesus, too.

Looking at your revised guidelins, Ten, I gather you are find with staple fantasy and mythology based names then (Dark Elf, Azrael, Banshee, and so on)?

If you let us know which from that list you kill, which rename and which you think are fine that would allow me (and others) to refine our future reports.

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Jan 31 2011, 20:29
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 20:28
Post #9
hyl

snacking on an Ebi Fry
Level 302 (Godslayer)

Akagi is not wrong though, because she is just called akagi in almost every nippon ichi game

She is called Asagi Asagiri in the non-canon game "Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?"
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 20:32
Post #10
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(hyl @ Jan 31 2011, 13:28) *
Akagi is not wrong though, because she is just called akagi in almost every nippon ichi game

She is called Asagi Asagiri in the non-canon game "Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?"

The problem with Akagi is that it is a name that can refer to [en.wikipedia.org] many things (also, [en.wikipedia.org] this).

In japanime context, we get Shigeru Akagi from Akagi (manga), [en.wikipedia.org] Ritsuko Akagi from NGE, two characters from Slam Dunk, and who knows how many others that wiki doesn't list.

And for the milfreaks, there is a gunboat and a friggin' carrier, too.

I don't even know which game you talk about, I guess something I am not even familiar with (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Jan 31 2011, 20:33
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 20:40
Post #11
hyl

snacking on an Ebi Fry
Level 302 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Jan 31 2011, 19:32) *

I don't even know which game you talk about, I guess something I am not even familiar with (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

She appear in almost every nippon ichi game.
BTW those games used the item world idea that HV is somewhat basing on it

She makes a cameo as a boss or playable character in disgaea series , makai kingdom, phantom brave, claddun: this is a rpg etc.

oops i meant Asagi not akagi lol

This post has been edited by hyl: Jan 31 2011, 20:42
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 20:41
Post #12
terumi56

Casual Poster
Level 94 (Lord)

Agent Smith was stalking me ... i fought him like 3 times in the past few minutes.. him and robot santa.
I have nothing against the above mentioned names.

TXT.... very original.
Admin
MSX
DDT
Maybe there should be a minimum name length.

This post has been edited by terumi56: Jan 31 2011, 21:20
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 20:50
Post #13
Zero Angel

Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Death Grunty @ Feb 1 2011, 01:46) *

MID=1418 Arnachy Panty

Obvious misspell. ANARCHY.
And if you were to rename it only to fix it, you should rather change
MID=1146 Stocking
MID=1147 Panty
to Anarchy Stocking & Anarchy Panty (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Yeah, the original ones are mine. I was thinking of adding Anarchy but just decided against it for now.
I'll rename them once Tenboro adds the Rename feature. Or maybe he can just change it if he's willing to do manual changes.

But since we're doing thing in Western order here, shouldn't it be Panty Anarchy + Stocking Anarchy?

----------

I think I saw the ff "dupes" in there.

Kanade
Kanade Tachibana

Haruhi
Haruhi Suzumiya

Reimu
Reimu Hakurei
Hakurei Reimu

+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 20:56
Post #14
Death Grunty

デス★ランディ
Level 369 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Jan 31 2011, 12:24) *

[...]Dyke spies,[..],

DYKE SPIES is a 4chan meme.
Phonetic result of swapping the syllables in SPIKE DIES. Frequently used on /u/ to accompany threads featuring anime characters from Dirty Pair and Noir.

Just saying. (Not as good as Nice Boat tho.)

+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 21:01
Post #15
Red of EHCOVE

Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(terumi56 @ Jan 31 2011, 13:41) *
Agent Smith was stalking me ... i fought him like 3 times in the past few minutes.. him and robot santa.

TXT.... very original.

I could actually see leaving Agent Smith in, and I'd be neutral on Robot Santa (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) At least, they can be tied to some sci-fi franchise, or memes...

Please explain how do you feel they break the current criteria for naming that Ten set above?

QUOTE(Death Grunty @ Jan 31 2011, 13:56) *

DYKE SPIES is a 4chan meme.

Just saying. (Not as good as Nice Boat tho.)

Cool. That's why I said we need a wiki with the list of monsters and their often obscure references, so we won't see them reported here over and over...

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Jan 31 2011, 21:03
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 21:12
Post #16
hyl

snacking on an Ebi Fry
Level 302 (Godslayer)

0 4 Spawned Monster C: MID=1381 (Yumi bunnehto) LV=178 HP=4258 MP=217 SP=1 NA=68 Type=hostile

I am not sure if the racism language filter filters this , so i left a space between the 2 G's

Yumi Nig gato

edit language filter (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by hyl: Jan 31 2011, 21:13
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 21:19
Post #17
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

Tenboro, I'm looking for some clarification on the way this will be done. Do you intend on removing monsters based on the concept of "OMG, I think that monster is stupid" if it's agreed upon by a group of people? If someone created Towlie or Spongebob and a bunch of people said they didn't like it since it wasn't related to hentai, mythology or whatever, would you remove it on that basis or does it clearly have to violate a rule relating to profanity or pure retardation? It would be nice to know if people are allowed to give into their creativity as they like without fear of being reprimanded for it or if they should just find some otaku version of Wikipedia and churn monsters out like a soulless factory.

Will it be treated in a way to placate the 1000+ round a day players or in a way that the sky is the limit on what can and will be created?
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 21:20
Post #18
flint

Dat ain't no pony.
Level 468 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Red_Piotrus @ Jan 31 2011, 21:24) *

Flint

I don't have anything to do with it. If I knew who it was, I'd know if I want it taken off or not. But asking for something so redundant seems... redundant. Also, I don't even know if it has anything to do with me.

Tenboro? Could you do me a favour and tell me? I'm nerding the fuck out of my self here.
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 21:39
Post #19
Msgr. Radixius

If Your Crotch Don't Tingle, It Ain't Based
Level 257 (Ascended)

I spied a catmal at one point. I wonder if that was okayed or if someone's just kind of a stupid shithead.
+Quote Post

post Jan 31 2011, 21:44
Post #20
Beryl

Faaaaabulous!
Level 295 (Godslayer)

Catmal? Really?
+Quote Post

58 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 16:58