Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.4.8, Next Big Thing still on the horizon

post Oct 28 2010, 10:47
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Since this patch required some database work, it made sense to stick it in with the rest of the maintenance.

0.4.8 Patch Notes

Scroll/Infusion slot changes

- The special Scroll and Infusion slots have gained a new trick. Scrolls and Infusions put into these special slots will now restock even during battle, if the Auto flag is set.
-- This effectively lets you change your damage type to an element or use additional/more powerful magic spells without consuming MP, at a monetary cost.
-- Note that scrolls and infusions put into normal item slots will not restock.

- "Scroll Slot" ability was added to the Level 20 and Level 60 ability trees.

- "Infusion Slot" ability was added to the Level 40 and Level 80 ability tree.

Magic changes

- Spark of Life now grants the effect "Cloak of the Fallen" when it's triggered. This effect grants immunity to all damage for a short period of time.
-- Each point put in Spark of Life adds one turn to the duration of this effect. Having one point will make it last for two effective turns, starting with the one where it is triggered.

- Lifestream was modified from draining at most 5% of the target's max HP to draining at most 5% of the target's current HP. Enemies can no longer die from Lifestream alone.

- The Spike Shield effects from the spell and the elemental gems now have a chance of affecting the attacking enemy with the corresponding elemental debuff. (Searing Skin/Deep Burns/Turbulent Air/Freezing Limbs)

Scan

- A new innate skill "Scan" has been added. This skill will allow you to see basic information about a target, including its strong and weak elementals.

Scan is obtained automatically, so you do not have to do anything to get it.

Note that while Scan does not consume anything to use, it does take the time of a normal action to perform.

New toplist rewards

- The rewards given for toplist placements on the EHG toplists have been changed. They are now as follows:
-- 1st place: Platinum Ticket (Trophy, +2500 loot quality)
-- 2nd/3rd place: Golden Ticket (Trophy, +2000 loot quality)
-- 4th/5th place: Silver Ticket (Trophy, +1500 loot quality)
-- 6th/7th place: Bronze Ticket (Trophy, +1000 loot quality)

As with other trophies, they can be offered to Snowflake for an equipment piece of your choice.

Credit revamps

In other to better control and balance the amount of credits that enters the system, especially at very high levels, a number of changes have been made to how credits are obtained. The system has primarily been adjusted to reduce the potential of credit farming of high-level legandary mobs; credit rewards have instead been added for re-clearing arena challenges.

- Arenas have been modified in the following way:
-- You can now enter and re-enter arenas at no cost.
-- The clear bonus for previously cleared arenas is set to 1/10th of the bonus for the first clear, up to a maximum of 1000C.
-- The clear bonus also applies to the Ring of Blood, but you still need tokens to enter.

- The formula for credit drops from monsters has been revised. Monsters now drop a random amount of credits determined by their class (common/rare/legendary/usw), but with no additional modifiers for level or stats.
-- This means that the same monster will drop the same amount of credits at Level 1 as it will at Level 200.
-- Note that the modifier for difficulty is still in place.
-- The modifiers for level/stats/power have not changed for EXP/loot.

- Trophy drop rules have changed as follows:
-- Trophy-dropping monsters are now only guaranteed to drop a trophy in the Ring of Blood, as well as in the last round of Arena challenges.
-- Outside of those, the trophy droprate is 10%.
-- Low- and mid-end trophies now give larger bonuses towards the equipment quality.

- The price spread between selling and buying equipment was increased to 1:10.

- Many item shop prices were adjusted, particularly for infusions and scrolls.

- The Healer cost for MP and SP were reduced by 50%.

- Monsters now have a significant bonus to drop something on the last round of Arena challenges.

Equipment

- All dropped equipment will now always have a suffix. Filler equipment generated by the store will not.

- Fixed a bug where some types of equipment (Gossamer armor and Tower Shields) could not get all of its intended bonus suffixes.

- Adjusted some unintended imbalances in suffix drop rates.

- "Flimsy" gear has been combined into the "Crude" quality quantifier. Mostly because, being on the ass end of the scale, Flimsy gear was dropping quite rarely. And because people mostly throw away both.

- Equipment sold to the equipment shop will now live for at least one hour before being destroyed.

- There is now a soft limit of having 1000 equipment pieces. Note that the game will only stop dropping equipment for you at this point, it does not enforce the limit otherwise.

Misc

- Crude items have now been removed from the game. (They stopped dropping like half a year ago, if you forgot.)

- Draught restoratives have been removed from the loot table. Potions have been changed to be somewhere between the old draughts and the old potions, increasing the effect from 3 turns to 5 for mana/spirit and 10 for health, but reducing the restoration per turn.

- Worked around the problem where getting Innate Arcana while in battle would cause it to not register.

- Fixed a bug in the battle hit calculations that could confuse the logic if both the base chance to hit and the bonus to hit were above 100%. The most likely way to trigger this bug was through Channeling, particularly in combination with other effects that reduced magic resistance, such as MagNet, Nerf and Sleep.

- Domino Strikes can now trigger even if the initial attack kills the primary target.

- Physical resistance is now properly applied to mitigate against attacks with Crushing/Piercing/Slashing damage type, both for base resistance and equipment bonuses.

- Reverted an unintended change that caused equipment values to drop.

- As the patch was intended to address credit imbalances, not reduce the availability of equipment, the following equipment suffixes are now about twice as likely to drop:

Battlecaster
Fire-eater
Frost-born
Thunder-child
Wind-waker
Thrice-blessed
Spirit-ward
Hulk
Shielding Aura

- Trophy-dropping mobs will again drop trophies when you meet them outside the Arena. That is, in the Item World, the Grindfest and in random encounters.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 11:09
Post #2
Conquest101

Lost in the woods
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 397 (Godslayer)

Well, I can now officially never die while doing Battletoads Trio at least.

Hohoho, Boggy was right about the no lube part.

Poor cmal. He's going to have to sell a lot of shit. Edit: Speak of the devil. Someone is selling tons of crap right now. Since equip hangs around for an hour now, that fricking list is getting huge. Haha.

"Fixed a bug where some types of equipment (Gossamer armor and Tower Shields) could not get all of its intended bonus suffixes."
I wonder if that means elementalist gear won't be as annoyingly hard to come by now.

This post has been edited by Conquest101: Oct 28 2010, 11:23
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 11:16
Post #3
bladejtr

The Goddess of Loot and Harvest?
Level 114 (Ascended)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Oct 28 2010, 04:47) *

New toplist rewards

- The rewards given for toplist placements on the EHG toplists have been changed. They are now as follows:
-- 1st place: Platinum Ticket (Trophy, +2500 loot quality)
-- 2nd/3rd place: Golden Ticket (Trophy, +2000 loot quality)
-- 4th/5th place: Silver Ticket (Trophy, +1500 loot quality)
-- 6th/7th place: Bronze Ticket (Trophy, +1000 loot quality)

Do want!
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 11:24
Post #4
hgbdd

Godslayer Angelic Belldandy (On vacations)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

There's some nice changes.

Just 3 things:
New toplist rewards
1st place: Platinum Ticket (Trophy, +2500 loot quality)

- You didn't chance "base" loot quality , I mean I still get the same kind of quality drops as I did before, if I don't have a ticket?
- I think I lost a ability point, is possible for you to confirm? (I lost the last EXP Bonus point)
- I've still got the cooldown for the challenges I already did today before the change, it's to be expected?
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 11:26
Post #5
Conquest101

Lost in the woods
Level 397 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cmdct @ Oct 28 2010, 02:24) *

There's some nice changes.

Just 3 things:

- You didn't chance "base" loot quality , I mean I still get the same kind of quality drops as I did before, if I don't have a ticket?
- I think I lost a ability point, is possible for you to confirm? (I lost the last EXP Bonus point)
- I've still got the cooldown for the challenges I already did today before the change, it's to be expected?

The tickets as far as I can tell are like trophies. I don't think they increase ALL your drops by that amount if you just have one. That'd be pretty ridiculous. Although I have no idea how much of an increase those numbers actually are so meh. For comparison's sake what was the quality bonus for mysterious boxes?
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 11:34
Post #6
Bloodthirster18

...we are appalled
Level 402 (Godslayer)

This sounds very awesome. Some good changes were made (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 11:39
Post #7
hitokiri84

Legendary Poster
Level 496 (Godslayer)

Wow, a total credit ass-fucking across the board. Just skip ahead another year and do away with credits in HV altogether. The profitability versus training cost gap is already distorted beyond belief.

I have an old pre-nerfing Magnificent staff in my inventory. Know why I kept it? So I could keep track of the deterioration of shop prices. It used to be worth 24k credits in the bazaar when I first got it. Now it's worth 2k credits. Fucking ridiculous.
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 11:43
Post #8
Conquest101

Lost in the woods
Level 397 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(hitokiri84 @ Oct 28 2010, 02:39) *

Wow, a total credit ass-fucking across the board. Just skip ahead another year and do away with credits in HV altogether. The profitability versus training cost gap is already distorted beyond belief.

I have an old pre-nerfing Magnificent staff in my inventory. Know why I kept it? So I could keep track of the deterioration of shop prices. It used to be worth 24k credits in the bazaar when I first got it. Now it's worth 2k credits. Fucking ridiculous.

Be happy that you managed to get a considerable amount of training done before they became totally unaffordable to get to a decent level. Unless of course Ten shoves a bowling ball up your bum by dropping training costs now.
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 11:55
Post #9
PsychoticSoul

Eldritch Abomination
Group: Members
Level 132 (Ascended)

Yay for toplist trophies and spike shield changes + arena clear bonuses that can actually generate credits (gd for low levels + higher drop rate)

I'm looking forward to infinite scrolls too.

Ouch on the 10% trophy drop rate though, doubly whammy with equipment only selling for half as much too. Thats basically -95% income for higher levels (I'm assuming)

And yea.. training looks like its completely unaffordable now, It was already working as a credit sink(as the whole of HV was)... Didn't really need to be changed. Nasty.

Edit: Also lowering credit gains hurts those of us lower levels who are now not going to be able to get the funds to train to as high levels as others did.

This post has been edited by PsychoticSoul: Oct 28 2010, 13:26
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 12:19
Post #10
bladejtr

The Goddess of Loot and Harvest?
Level 114 (Ascended)

QUOTE(Conquest101 @ Oct 28 2010, 05:26) *

The tickets as far as I can tell are like trophies. I don't think they increase ALL your drops by that amount if you just have one. That'd be pretty ridiculous. Although I have no idea how much of an increase those numbers actually are so meh. For comparison's sake what was the quality bonus for mysterious boxes?

They aren't "like" trophies... They are trophies.
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 12:26
Post #11
Conquest101

Lost in the woods
Level 397 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(bladejtr @ Oct 28 2010, 03:19) *

They aren't "like" trophies... They are trophies.

Ok.

Hey blade, you were around for the whole mysterious box thing. Did Tenboro ever say what the quality bonus was for those?
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 12:30
Post #12
sauriu

JMSDF Steel Maiden
Level 311 (Destined)

I logged in to HV, and I was surprised that such changed. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I am glad at the change of the arena. Especially, as for RoB.
I thought the change of the item and the ability to be a little more early.
Specially, I must reconsider ability.

This post has been edited by sauriu: Oct 28 2010, 12:31
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 12:33
Post #13
hgbdd

Godslayer Angelic Belldandy (On vacations)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(hitokiri84 @ Oct 28 2010, 10:39) *

The profitability versus training cost gap is already distorted beyond belief.
I agree, the HV related trainings cost should be changed (like reduced to 1/5), perhaps without reseting the trainings themselves. (I mean the credits spent stay spent, like what happened with the ability boost ages ago)

This post has been edited by cmdct: Oct 28 2010, 12:37
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 12:39
Post #14
insomnia

Regular Poster
Level 277 (Destined)

these are some nice changes thank you temboro
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 12:51
Post #15
sauriu

JMSDF Steel Maiden
Level 311 (Destined)

Why does Turbulent Air occur in that Thunderstorm? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/heh.gif)
(IMG:[i52.tinypic.com] http://i52.tinypic.com/2uzt9j4.png)
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 12:53
Post #16
Conquest101

Lost in the woods
Level 397 (Godslayer)

Hohohoho.

9 14 Arena Token Bonus! [Chaos Token]

And to answer the above question:

"The Spike Shield effects from the spell and the elemental gems now have a chance of affecting the attacking enemy with the corresponding elemental debuff. (Searing Skin/Deep Burns/Turbulent Air/Freezing Limbs)"
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 13:08
Post #17
sauriu

JMSDF Steel Maiden
Level 311 (Destined)

Next time, with Thunderstorm, Freezing Limbs ...
Possibly, were specifications changed to occur in the power of the gem?
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 13:21
Post #18
PsychoticSoul

Eldritch Abomination
Level 132 (Ascended)

QUOTE(Conquest101 @ Oct 28 2010, 17:09) *

Well, I can now officially never die while doing Battletoads Trio at least.

Hohoho, Boggy was right about the no lube part.

Poor cmal. He's going to have to sell a lot of shit. Edit: Speak of the devil. Someone is selling tons of crap right now. Since equip hangs around for an hour now, that fricking list is getting huge. Haha.

"Fixed a bug where some types of equipment (Gossamer armor and Tower Shields) could not get all of its intended bonus suffixes."
I wonder if that means elementalist gear won't be as annoyingly hard to come by now.

Infinite scrolls of the Gods should make bosses significantly easier, and they'd take only 1 item slot
Now I don't have to take up 4 item slots with scrolls when i finally get the tokens to fight Yuki, and I can take Holy infusions too (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think that equipment spawning with a guaranteed suffix is more than balanced out by the 10% trophy drop (since it appears that a lot of high levels used to turn all those trophies into cloth and get elementalist gear that way), so I figure there'll be less elementalist gear now.

QUOTE(Conquest101 @ Oct 28 2010, 18:53) *

Hohohoho.

9 14 Arena Token Bonus! [Chaos Token]

Now I wonder what that's for. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by PsychoticSoul: Oct 28 2010, 13:23
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 13:25
Post #19
Thanos008

Active Poster
Level 215 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(PsychoticSoul @ Oct 28 2010, 04:21) *

Infinite scrolls of the Gods should make bosses significantly easier, and they'd take only 1 item slot
Now I don't have to take up 4 item slots with scrolls when i finally get the tokens to fight Yuki, and I can take Holy infusions too (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think that equipment spawning with a guaranteed suffix is more than balanced out by the 10% trophy drop (since it appears that a lot of high levels used to turn all those trophies into cloth and get elementalist gear that way), so I figure there'll be less elementalist gear now.

Now I wonder what that's for. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Yes, that makes two of us (talking about the Chaos Token, I mean). (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

This post has been edited by Thanos008: Oct 28 2010, 13:27
+Quote Post

post Oct 28 2010, 13:34
Post #20
Conquest101

Lost in the woods
Level 397 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(PsychoticSoul @ Oct 28 2010, 04:21) *

More like infinite scrolls of the Gods makes it stupidly easy to beat bosses and Legendaries. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
IIRC, scroll'd spark doesn't consume spirit either like regular spark. You'd have to be horribly unprepared to fail now. Sorta takes the challenge part out of the RoB challenges.
Edit: actually, as long as you had enough scrolls in your inventory, it's literally impossible to fail. Each spark gives you 5 turns of immunity too. Meh, that seems dumb. Is there some kind of restock limit?

Well I assume he also meant that he balanced out the suffix drop rate a bit too. So now instead of 1 elementalist suffix for every 10 fox/owl, it might be more even. I dunno.

This post has been edited by Conquest101: Oct 28 2010, 13:41
+Quote Post

20 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 23:54