7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breaking Keyring PDF

post Sep 23 2010, 22:05
Post #1
Sun-Wukong

Lurker
Group: Recruits

Is there some way to break Keyring PDF(*.krm files) and extract images from it?
I've bought some doujins recently but they are in protected keyring pdf files so I can't share them. And this is damn uncomfortable - I hate reading from pdf and it has zero navigation comfort.
So how can I extract images from it? Tryed a dozen of pdf tools already, none worked yet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Sep 23 2010, 23:48
Post #2
Dlaglacz

Retired Galleries Maintenance Drone
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 156 (Lord)

PrintScreen?
+Quote Post

post Sep 24 2010, 00:04
Post #3
Sun-Wukong

Lurker

Very original advise.
Keyring completely blocking Windows clipboard. You can't printscreen, you can't even use copy/paste in other programs while it's viewer is launched. I tried to use Snagit to capture screen instead - and got white page with words "Controlled by Keyring.net" all over it. With no pictures, of course.
+Quote Post

post Sep 24 2010, 07:08
Post #4
lilnekomimi

Regular Poster
Group: Members
Level 15 (Novice)

Might try Googling "Keyring Pdf Cracker".
There is tons of software out there for cracking that type of file.
+Quote Post

post Sep 24 2010, 20:49
Post #5
Sun-Wukong

Lurker

Googling "Keyring Pdf Cracker"(what I did the moment after I opened my first krm file) gives me thousands of spyware sites and none of them contains any cracking soft.
Please name at least ONE software from your "tons" list.
+Quote Post

post Sep 24 2010, 21:13
Post #6
lilnekomimi

Regular Poster
Level 15 (Novice)

Like.. "PDF Decrypt 2009 v1.3.2.83" or "PDF Pasword Remover 3.0"
Most likely could find one on ThePirateBay.org
+Quote Post

post Sep 25 2010, 00:14
Post #7
Sun-Wukong

Lurker

Are you _really_ think that I didn't try theese programs already?
None of them work with keyring files, none of them even understand keyring format.
I repeat, I need to crack a DRM-protected Keyring PDF files, not just your simple PDF. I didn't find any tools for them yet.

btw, before you suggest something you should try it yourself, not just google some random names(some of them can't even crack a simple password-protected PDF, leave alone keyring).

This post has been edited by Sun-Wukong: Sep 25 2010, 00:15
+Quote Post

post Sep 25 2010, 01:05
Post #8
NoNameNoBlame

she/they
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 123 (Newbie)

This sounds pretty similar to Pirate Buster, the protection system used by DLsite. I haven't tried this myself, as I haven't bought any restricted works, but suspending the process [ibneko.livejournal.com] apparently works against PB.
+Quote Post

post Sep 25 2010, 14:49
Post #9
Sun-Wukong

Lurker

At last some useful advise. Unfortunately suspending process does not work after all - keyring doesn't have a separate process(I'm suspecting it is running as a thread in AdobeReader process but suspending all it's threads besides main one didn't do the trick either).
But thank you for the try anyway.
+Quote Post

post Sep 25 2010, 15:22
Post #10
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Group: Global Mods
Level 272 (Godslayer)

lol if you're really desperate open the files in a virtual machine in windowed mode (mileage varies between virtualization software) and screenshot the screen from the host computer with clipboard sharing off. I'd suspect that would probably work.

By the way, your tone of posting is not recommended when you're trying to get help/advice. Most troubleshooting processes go through crap and obvious questions before digging into the meat of the issue.

Either way I'm not gonna bother looking for a software solution, just because I don't feel like it at the moment. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (this you can snap at if you want, though still ill advisable)
+Quote Post

post Sep 25 2010, 18:02
Post #11
Sun-Wukong

Lurker

Erm, I'm sorry if my tone was impolite.
But you know, when someone tells you "why don't you google it?" after you've spent days googling, reading tech specs and reading coding/hacking forums, and found nothing - that is a little... well, not pleasant.

Well, I thought about virtual machine, but I'm nowhere near that desperate. Actually, I'm not desperate at all - I own my doujins, I can view them anytime, only with uncomfortable viewer thought. I just wanted to share them, that's all.
+Quote Post

post Sep 26 2010, 02:03
Post #12
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Group: Global Mods
Level 272 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Sun-Wukong @ Sep 25 2010, 12:02) *

Erm, I'm sorry if my tone was impolite.
But you know, when someone tells you "why don't you google it?" after you've spent days googling, reading tech specs and reading coding/hacking forums, and found nothing - that is a little... well, not pleasant.

Well, I thought about virtual machine, but I'm nowhere near that desperate. Actually, I'm not desperate at all - I own my doujins, I can view them anytime, only with uncomfortable viewer thought. I just wanted to share them, that's all.

Ah, well hope you eventually find something that works/is real. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post

post Sep 26 2010, 03:48
Post #13
NoNameNoBlame

she/they
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 123 (Newbie)

Take pictures of your monitor. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

post Mar 26 2011, 16:30
Post #14
genl

Casual Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

If you still need that - I can try to break it for you. PM me your KRM file along with your login details (to your digital provider), so I could access the file.
+Quote Post

post Mar 30 2011, 00:53
Post #15
QuakeWorld

Active Poster
Level 23 (Apprentice)

Yep. I can also try to crack your bank account. Just give me the number and password...

By the way, you have already received some very useful advices on how to extract the images. If no proper software exists for that, simply use a virtual machine.

And you tone is not appropriate at all. We do not have a way to magically read the words you have not written.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Apr 1 2011, 21:43
Post #16
genl

Casual Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

QUOTE(QuakeWorld @ Mar 30 2011, 01:53) *
Yep. I can also try to crack your bank account. Just give me the number and password...

Fair enough.

Afaik most of those files require a login to retrieve the data which decrypts PDF's 128-bit security. If anyone finds another way to let the man do the job - let me know. Or use the vm, yeah.
+Quote Post

post Apr 5 2011, 20:02
Post #17
S0B

Active Poster
Level 128 (Lord)

QUOTE(Sun-Wukong @ Sep 25 2010, 08:49) *

Unfortunately suspending process does not work after all - keyring doesn't have a separate process(I'm suspecting it is running as a thread in AdobeReader process but suspending all it's threads besides main one didn't do the trick either).

Well if it is running a plugin for Adobe, perhaps opening the file with another PDF viewer, such as Foxit, will allow you to bypass it. Worth a shot. The worst that can happen is that it does not open up the file or asks to download a plugin, at which point you know which file is the problem maker.
+Quote Post

post Apr 13 2011, 15:07
Post #18
Pirko

Casual Poster
Level 296 (Godslayer)

In my experience - when you open some encrypted pdf file in some app then you can steal (or extract) decrypted pdf file from ram (cashe, swap) of this app.

I've wrote some guide about this about one year ago, but all guide in russian. I cat try translate it to english, but not for all forum. If you interested - send me PM and we can arrange about it.
+Quote Post

post Aug 11 2011, 09:38
Post #19
genl

Casual Poster
Level 54 (Expert)

For anyone who might be interested, there is now also a way around things like "Pirates Buster for e-Book" and "CypherGuard Browser". I can decrypt all the files and folders protected with those, quite fast. (will check later if there are other drm-schemes I could fiddle with)

I can do the job on request throught PM. Just like with Keyring's KRM, it won't be possible without one-time online authorization - be ready to provide these details.

edit_
Found another thing called "CypherGuard for PDF", and also found a solution to fully decrypt PDF files from CPD's protected with that.

This post has been edited by genl: Aug 11 2011, 20:31
+Quote Post

post Aug 13 2011, 18:48
Post #20
dryuyuri

Lurker
Level 24 (Apprentice)

Hey genl, I have a "cypherguard browser" .exe that I am trying to get extracted drm free, any help would be greatly appreciated. I sent a PM, please get back to me if you can help, thanks!!
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 17:48