Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.4.7, No Time Like The Present

post May 3 2010, 16:34
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Was originally going to push these with 0.5, but it was dragging on. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

- Channeling now takes precedence over Coalesced Mana.

- Fixed a minor layout glitch on the Character pane when Regens reached certain values.

- Fixed a minor layout glitch for equipment stat screens in Google Chrome.

- Fixed ability popups going way off the screen when scrolled down.

- Added the Lv. 250 ability tree
-- You can now unlock Rank V auras with Focused Aura IV.
-- New Spell: Soul Fire - soul damage on one enemy. The spell has a high chance of placing a lingering Soul Fire damage-over-time effect on an enemy,
-- New Spell: Soul Burst - soul damage on all enemies. If the primary target is under the effect of Soul Fire, the base damage of the spell is multipled by a factor of max(1, 1 + 2 * (50 - interference)) - that is, 3 if your interference is 0, decreasing to 1 (no multiplier) passing 50. Furthermore, regardless of interference, all affected enemies gain/refresh the Soul Fire effect.
-- New Spell: MagNet - a magical net ensnares the target, hindering and magically grounding it. Its action speed is lowered, and it can no longer evade attacks nor resist spells.
-- New Spell: Lifestream - places a Health Tap effect on the target enemy, draining a small amount of health on the target's turn and returns it to the caster.

- Tweaked the rewards for the three unlockable titles. They now have the following bonuses:
-- Ascended: +6% damage, +1% evade
-- Destined: +8% damage, +2% evade, -3% burden/interference
-- Godslayer: +10% damage, +3% evade, -5% burden/interference

- The name of the currently selected pane in Mooglemail and the shops can now be clicked to refresh the pane.

- Spells now display as faded-out if you don't normally have enough MP to cast them. They are still clickable however, for those situations where a monster is affected with Coalesced Ether or when you have Channeling.

- If you cast Magic Missile and you're using the Staff fighting style, you now have the same chance to gain Staff Proficiency as with normal attacks.

- You will no longer obtain a new Powerup Gem while you're still holding an old one. So, Gems will no longer be overwritten.

- The Experience bonus for playing on harder difficulty levels has been significantly increased.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 16:38
Post #2

Death Row
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 335 (Godslayer)

I love you.

QUOTE(Tenboro @ May 3 2010, 07:34) *

-- You can now unlock Rank V auras with Focused Aura IV.

The aura page needs to be updated. Auras only show the first 4 levels.

- Added the Lv. 250 ability tree

The new soul Spells seem interesting as does Lifestream (assuming the amount isn't a pittance).

- Tweaked the rewards for the three unlockable titles

This was absolutely needed. To anyone with Ascended who complains about the worsening of the title: STFU

- The name of the currently selected pane in Mooglemail and the shops can now be clicked to refresh the pane.

I suggested this (in regards to MoogleMail), so I definitely approve.

- Spells now display as faded-out if you don't normally have enough MP to cast them. They are still clickable however, for those situations where a monster is affected with Coalesced Ether or when you have Channeling.

Interesting. Maybe extend this to the quickcast bar?

- If you cast Magic Missile and you're using the Staff fighting style, you now have the same chance to gain Staff Proficiency as with normal attacks.

Very nice.

- You will no longer obtain a new Powerup Gem while you're still holding an old one. So, Gems will no longer be overwritten.

That's not how I'd have fixed it, but I can't complain (too much).

- The Experience bonus for playing on harder difficulty levels has been significantly increased.

Holy crap that is awesome.

This post has been edited by Boggyb: May 3 2010, 17:41
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 16:39
Post #3
Sonic

Assassin Chef
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 482 (Godslayer)

Looks good. Have to wait a bit for the lvl 250 stuff. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 16:45
Post #4
yuripe

An Amateur Translator... #plak
Level 382 (Dovahkiin)

nice update (IMG:[www.kaskus.us] http://www.kaskus.us/images/smilies/recseller.gif) . now, lets see the magic on level 250 works (IMG:[www.kaskus.us] http://www.kaskus.us/images/smilies/sumbangan/smiley_beer.gif)

This post has been edited by yuripe: May 3 2010, 16:52
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 16:48
Post #5
bladejtr

The Goddess of Loot and Harvest?
Level 114 (Ascended)

Bawwwww nothing that helps me, bawwwwww.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 17:33
Post #6
gurumao

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 233 (Godslayer)

Though I'm waaaaay out of league to benefit, Thanks for the new version of HV!
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 18:02
Post #7
MasakiLHW

Active Poster
Level 259 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ May 3 2010, 11:34) *

I liked that. There's a way to make the same to the hotkey spell images? Thanks.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 18:23
Post #8
Honeycat

Extra Hissy
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Yes! New auras and abilities and I love that Battletoads EXP bonus! Thanks. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 18:59
Post #9
coredumperror

Ah ah ah... Vista is bad for you!
Level 304 (Godslayer)

So many awesome things in this update!

But then I saw the one about gems, and was sad. After some testing, I've discovered that gems no longer don't drop while you've got on in your inventory. That means that you have to use every single gem that drops, as soon as you get it, if you want a chance to get gems that are actually worth something. And this is even worse for mages, because they have no control over how many monsters drop gems at one time. If one of the "first" monsters to die from an AOE drops an elemental shield gem, and one of the later ones would have dropped a Mana Gem, there's no way to get that Mana Gem, because now it never dropped.

If you're intent on keeping this system, could you please let players opt out of getting certain types of gems? In the old system, the elemental shield gems and the soul gems were worthless 99% of the time. With the new system they're actively detrimental, because they prevent you from getting Mana, Health, and Mystic Gems while you've got one.

My suggestion to fix this would be to simply add a second gem slot in the inventory, and go back to the old gem drop system. That would prevent the vast majority of annoyances regarding gem overwriting. If you feel that it would be too abusable, then prevent specific gems from dropping if the player already has one. You couldn't get 2 Mana Gems, or 2 Mystic Gems, for instance.

Just please, don't continue using this new system. Having gems the player doesn't want preventing them from getting get gems they do want is just awful.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 19:04
Post #10
HybridGuardian

Veteran Poster
Level 109 (Ascended)

I totally agree with coredumperror ,that new gem rule is awful, if you play a mage... I already experienced, that it makes longer trips to the IWĀ“s like ten times harder, due to a lack of mana gems... (I just canĀ“t use every shitty gem I stumble upon, thatĀ“s a ridiculous waste of turns).
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 19:14
Post #11
Sayo Aisaka

I have no Item Sluts :(
Level 197 (Destined)

QUOTE(coredumperror @ May 3 2010, 17:59) *

And this is even worse for mages, because they have no control over how many monsters drop gems at one time. If one of the "first" monsters to die from an AOE drops an elemental shield gem, and one of the later ones would have dropped a Mana Gem, there's no way to get that Mana Gem, because now it never dropped.

Irrelevant, because it works both ways. A Mana Gem will no longer be overwritten by another gem that would have dropped later in the same turn.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 19:20
Post #12
HybridGuardian

Veteran Poster
Level 109 (Ascended)

I just tried a round in the IW with using every gem I got (Ok they donĀ“t take much turn time, but a lot more clicking effort)... but it is a pain in the ass to have to use them all.
How about an automatic use all gems you get in an instance feature (on choice of course), since you canĀ“t wait for a better one to appear anymore? (That would half the clicking effort)

By the way I love that new staff/magic missile rule.

This post has been edited by HybridGuardian: May 3 2010, 19:24
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 19:26
Post #13
MasakiLHW

Active Poster
Level 259 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(coredumperror @ May 3 2010, 13:59) *

My suggestion to fix this would be to simply add a second gem slot in the inventory, and go back to the old gem drop system. That would prevent the vast majority of annoyances regarding gem overwriting. If you feel that it would be too abusable, then prevent specific gems from dropping if the player already has one. You couldn't get 2 Mana Gems, or 2 Mystic Gems, for instance.

Just please, don't continue using this new system. Having gems the player doesn't want preventing them from getting get gems they do want is just awful.

Wow... a second gem slot will be nice, or get rid of the elemental shield gems, or at least reduce the drop rate of elemental shield and soul gems. The new drop system makes me lose a lot of supportive spell turns and prolong the time of a battle.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 19:28
Post #14
Honeycat

Extra Hissy
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Uh-oh, I just thought of something. Hitokiri might rouse from his slumber with this update.

Nobody wake the Hitobeast!!!!
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 19:28
Post #15

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Sayo Aisaka @ May 3 2010, 10:14) *

A Mana Gem will no longer be overwritten by another gem that would have dropped later in the same turn.

And it is for this reason that it is a stomachable change. When a mana gem dropped after you used a draught, you had to either override the draught, defend until the draughts effects expired, or kill the enemies and risk losing the gem. I'd prefer to be able to stack gems and draughts/potions, but I'll take what I can get.

QUOTE(HybridGuardian @ May 3 2010, 10:20) *

I just tried a round in the IW with using every gem I got (Ok they donĀ“t take much turn time, but a lot more clicking effort)...

Just hit "P".

QUOTE(Tenseigamoon @ May 3 2010, 10:28) *

Uh-oh, I just thought of something. Hitokiri might rouse from his slumber with this update.

Nobody wake the Hitobeast!!!!

Didn't he say for someone to PM him once Tenboro added a 250 skill tree?

This post has been edited by Boggyb: May 3 2010, 19:29
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 19:30
Post #16
Honeycat

Extra Hissy
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Boggyb @ May 3 2010, 10:28) *

Didn't he say for someone to PM him once Tenboro added a 250 skill tree?

NO! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I mean, he's busy with his book learnin' and all, so leave him be. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by Tenseigamoon: May 3 2010, 20:21
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 21:48
Post #17
Black Dynamite

Legendary Poster
Level 439 (Dovahkiin)

i love this update now more people will actually use the godslayer and destined titles

on another note, can you increase the amount of Hath you get from artifacts, getting 2 hath from an artifact is just saddening

This post has been edited by mr daniels: May 3 2010, 21:53
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 22:29
Post #18
Golden Sun

Active Poster
Level 252 (Godslayer)

I love updates. Can't wait for .5
Hopefully it'll have more lower level goodies.

Does that mean that experience for lower difficulties has been decreased?
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 22:34
Post #19
mkonji

Casual Poster
Level 303 (Godslayer)

Loving the EXP boost. Guess I better restructure my play habit to include some more Heroic Arenas in there.
+Quote Post

post May 3 2010, 22:36
Post #20
hgbdd

Godslayer Angelic Belldandy (On vacations)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(mr daniels @ May 3 2010, 20:48) *

i love this update now more people will actually use the godslayer and destined titles
I totally agree with you (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
For the ones that miss the +2 evade bonus, bear with it, it's just for 50 levels (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

on another note, can you increase the amount of Hath you get from artifacts, getting 2 hath from an artifact is just saddening
Sorry but that shouldn't happen, because it will lead to 1 of 2 situations if not the 2:
-People will not sell artifacts anymore, since they can sell the hath instead without loosing C
-Hath's price rate will increase

QUOTE(Golden Sun @ May 3 2010, 21:29) *

I love updates. Can't wait for .5
Hopefully it'll have more lower level goodies.
Does that mean that experience for lower difficulties has been decreased?

No, you can check in the settings page.
+Quote Post

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 20:14