Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> JAG27 and Piracy, My work

post Mar 31 2010, 21:31
Post #1
JAG27

Lurker
Group: Recruits

I am JAG27 and I'm sure most of you know who I am. I have recently discovered a large amount of my work being pirated here. I normally do not mind random images and such being reposted as it ultimately provides a bit of advertising for me. However, when people post entire stories that are taken from my site, it begins to hit my bottom line very, very hard. And I'll be honest here when I say I'm not getting rich at this. I have a family to support and it takes just about everything I make every month to pay my bills. When piracy attacks occurr in this magnitude, I lose customers. When I lose customers, I have to raise the price of my site to make up for the lost income. This drives off even more customers and makes it all that much more expensive for new ones to get access. People complain and say that it's okay to steal my work because it costs so much to get access to my site. Well the truth here is that the price is so high because of all the theft. It's a vicious cycle that perpetuates itself. If everyone paid for my work I could get by charging just a few dollars for access, but people steal and it trickles down affecting everyone eventually. And the ultimate outcome of this is that I will have to stop making comics and go back to a real-world design job. So by stealing my work, you eventually ensure that there will be no more JAG27 comics.

Essentially I'm asking...that if you like my work, please respect it and me as a person, and do not steal it. If you want to post something somewhere, email me and ask me. And I have plenty of free samples everywhere that are authorized. I know it doesn't seem like you're doing anything wrong when you repost my stories, and let's face it...when you share a song, you're not really hurting Sony or big massive corporations. But I am a real person, with a real family, and a set of real bills to pay every month...just like you.

So I ask nicely that you stop posting my work without permission.

Sincerely,
JAG27
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Mar 31 2010, 22:11
Post #2
Rikis

Bringer of Light
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(JAG27 @ Mar 31 2010, 22:31) *
So by stealing my work, you eventually ensure that there will be no more JAG27 comics.

(IMG:[pala.din.lt] http://pala.din.lt/onion/images/07baa27a.gif)
+Quote Post

post Mar 31 2010, 23:17
Post #3
Black Dynamite

Legendary Poster
Level 439 (Dovahkiin)

your comics are shitty anyway (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

post Mar 31 2010, 23:50
Post #4
Quihen

Lurker
Level 28 (Apprentice)

QUOTE(JAG27 @ Mar 31 2010, 20:31) *

I am JAG27 and I'm sure most of you know who I am.

This is the first time I have ever come across your name, and I have just about pleasured myself to the majority of what this site has to offer... yet I have never come across you.

After making a search for your work, all I come across is a single unsightly 3D mannequin comic (Raymond's Oven), with dialogue that would even make the script writers for bangbro's crawlup into ball and die of embarrassment.

Considering that the images are plastered with watermarks for your website, I'm sure this is an obnoxious attempt at self advertising.

Then again you could just be a troll (The heartfelt story really does give that impression). (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

*Edit*
I suggest that if you want to avoid ridicule, you should have just PM the moderators, rather then post a woeful story in the introductions section. (it comes off as being rather spurious).
But I'm glad you have resolved your problem with little fuss.

This post has been edited by Quihen: Apr 1 2010, 00:11
+Quote Post

post Mar 31 2010, 23:59
Post #5
JAG27

Lurker
Group: Recruits

Well despite being insulted and mocked, I would like to thank the forum moderators for removing and banning my comics from your forum. If they suck so bad, I assume I won't find anymore of them posted here, right? And yes, if I can't make any money selling my comics...then I'll eventually be forced out of business. So I don't understand the mocking of my statement concerning that simple bit of logic.

I try to be nice and allow forum mods to remove my content voluntarily in most cases like this and I truly appreciate e-hentai having a good team that is quick, effective, and fair...and also courteous. It is people like the rude members who posted here though, that in most cases, are not only responsible for theft, but end up causing good sites to go under, both forums, and the sites they steal from. If you all would just think before you act, lots of problems would be solved before they begin.

I apologize also for taking a hard-line, initially with the mods over matters. And I hope they understand that this approach is mostly a result of the mocking/insulting/and hostile attitude displayed to me most of the time when I do find my content in forums...much like the response I've received in this posting.

At least I am respectful in my messages and while I can be all-business and direct, I also don't waste my time insulting people I don't even know yet. And when called for, I can apologize and shake hands.

I am glad your moderators are responsible webmasters and you should be to. I wish all sites and forums were as well run as e-hentai. I wish you all the best and I will drop by from time to time.
+Quote Post

post Apr 1 2010, 00:30
Post #6
Beryl

Faaaaabulous!
Level 295 (Godslayer)

You've also been added to the Do Not Post list, so now if anything else of yours shows up on our system, it will be removed quickly.

And now, thread closed.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:25