Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> WTS Posting Guidelines, READ. THIS. FIRST.

post Jan 13 2010, 21:56
Post #1
Sayo Aisaka

I have no Item Sluts :(
Group: Members
Level 197 (Destined)

Some guidelines to make things easier for Hentaiverse shoppers.

Note: Just to make it absolutely clear, these aren't "rules", and they're not compulsory. You won't be banned for disregarding them. But it could make you quite unpopular with the rest of the community. It's your choice. Also, the moderators reserve the right to delete or modify any posts or threads whose contents appear to be serving no useful purpose.

Only the seller should post in their shop thread. If you want to buy something, please send them a PM.
This will cut down on the clutter and allow for better organization. Also, it doesn't help anyone if they're searching for (say) a Mаgnificent Ethereаl Kаtаnа of Slаughter and all they see is a bunch of posts saying "I'll give you 500 credits for the Mаgnificent Ethereаl Kаtаnа of Slаughter".

Of course, this wouldn't apply to auctions conducted within a shop thread, but most people seem to be making separate threads for auctions these days...

If you're bidding on an auction, don't quote the name of the item.
And try to avoid general chat about equipment, like how it won't fetch half as much as that Mаgnificent Ethereаl Kаtаnа of Slаughter did the other day.

Sellers: If you're auctioning more than one item at the same time, you might want to think about calling them "Item A", "Lot 1" or some such, to help with this.

Delete items after you sell them, and
Ask for threads to be deleted when you're finished with them

...if you sold all your item(s) or ragequit or whatever. Especially artifact threads, and completed auctions.

You can contact us by sending a PM to Sayo Aisaka (HV Forums Mod) or BunBun (or Katya, or Beryl, or whatever he's calling himself at the moment) (Global Mod), but we recommend you use the Report button instead. It's right there at the bottom of every post[*], and it's quicker than changing the thread title to "Closed". It really is much easier all round. But however you want to do it, please don't just make a post saying "Mods can delete this thread" and expect it to magically disappear. We have better things to do with our time than read WTS threads every day.

* If you're using the Applied skin, the Report button looks like this: (IMG:https://forums.e-hentai.org/style_images/applied/p_report.gif) Thanks to The Evil Phoenix for bringing that to my attention.

If you absolutely must continue to list sold items...
First of all, ask yourself if it serves any purpose. Will anyone visiting the WTS section in six months' time really want to know that you sold a level 40 Average shield for 250 credits? If it wasn't some spectacular rare piece that sold for an arm and a leg, who cares? Second, if you do think the people need to know what you sold, and for how much, change the names to something that won't come up in searches. Call them "Awesome Two Hander I", or alter the text somehow ("M@gnificent", "Ethéréal", "K*tana", I don't care how, just use your imagination). Finally, if you believe (as some people apparently do) that sold items should be searchable, at the very least use strikethrough to make it clear that they're no longer available.

It's OK to start your own WTS thread, even if you only have one or two things to sell.
Remember the discussion about making threads where everyone could come to sell specific types of equipment? Well, whether or not you do, it was tried and it didn't work. Just make your own thread, and have it deleted when (if?) the item sells.

Don't be afraid to contact the moderators if you want something done that you can't do yourself.
In fact we encourage you to do it. Apart from deleting entire threads (as mentioned above) this includes pruning unwanted posts such as update bumps, old auction bids and spam from confused buyers.

Finally, if you think these guidelines suck, or have ideas for ways to enhance them, don't hesitate to post your comments. Thank you for reading.

This post has been edited by Sayo Aisaka: Apr 3 2011, 01:54
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jan 14 2010, 05:13
Post #2
coredumperror

Ah ah ah... Vista is bad for you!
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 304 (Godslayer)

Sounds like a good plan to me, though there's one caveat. Folks without a donation aura have limited PM storage. I think that's why some folks wanted thread replies instead of PMs.
+Quote Post

post Jan 14 2010, 19:57
Post #3

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(coredumperror @ Jan 13 2010, 19:13) *

Sounds like a good plan to me, though there's one caveat. Folks without a donation aura have limited PM storage. I think that's why some folks wanted thread replies instead of PMs.

I'd say it is more about wanting their thread to be bumped and to be accommodating. And even if what you say is true, there is very little reason to keep piles of PMs in your inbox. I probably get 5 or so a day and I only keep the ones from Tenboro that have information for the Wiki. People can do the same.
+Quote Post

post Jan 15 2010, 00:07
Post #4
grumpymal

I hate everything >:C
Level 362 (Godslayer)

What about bumping when you update? How should that be handled now?
+Quote Post

post Jan 15 2010, 00:18
Post #5

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cmal @ Jan 14 2010, 14:07) *

What about bumping when you update? How should that be handled now?

Methinks this was answered:
QUOTE(BunBun @ Jan 13 2010, 11:56) *

Please, only the original poster of each topic post in their topic.

Unless you are stating exactly the pieces of equipment added (no one has from what I've seen), it is not going to fuck up searches.
+Quote Post

post Jan 15 2010, 00:27
Post #6
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

Just wanted to double check.
+Quote Post

post Feb 3 2010, 01:43
Post #7
PSPhreak

Chimpanzee!
Level 241 (Godslayer)

BunBun do you think we could have another pinned thread under this one called "general store" or something similar for people who dont have enough stuff to open their own shop but still have a few high end items or equipment they want to sell?

i dont get enough equip drops worth using or selling to ever justify opening a shop of my own, but i do have a few artifacts, elixirs, infusions etc. i would like to sell. the credits would really help me out.
+Quote Post

post Feb 3 2010, 03:43
Post #8

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(PSPhreak @ Feb 2 2010, 15:43) *

BunBun do you think we could have another pinned thread under this one called "general store" or something similar for people who dont have enough stuff to open their own shop but still have a few high end items or equipment they want to sell?

i dont get enough equip drops worth using or selling to ever justify opening a shop of my own, but i do have a few artifacts, elixirs, infusions etc. i would like to sell. the credits would really help me out.

Just do what I do, start a thread selling whatever, then close it and have the thread deleted when whatever it is sells.
+Quote Post

post Feb 3 2010, 07:14
Post #9
Beryl

Faaaaabulous!
Level 295 (Godslayer)

Eh, really just open your own shop lol. You can edit the post with your item, and people will still be able to search it.

Or if you're lazy, do it how BoggyB suggested.
+Quote Post

post Apr 18 2010, 15:20
Post #10
Sayo Aisaka

Level 197 (Destined)

Hi. As you may (or may not) have noticed, I've been appointed HV forums mod. So if you want your WTS/WTB threads renamed, deleted, pruned or whatever you can now ask me to do it. (Or you can still ask BunBun, I don't mind.) Though I recommend using the Report button rather than contacting an individual mod, as it's easier all round.

That's all for now. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Sayo Aisaka: Apr 20 2010, 16:58
+Quote Post

post May 15 2010, 07:44
Post #11
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

With permission, I would like to test the concept of a emporium thread. A emporium thread would focus on one specific type of item or equipment. Such as swords, potions, body armor, etc, etc. Instead of having one user per thread, any user with that specific item type to sell would be allowed to post in that thread. My expermental Emporium thread woud focus on Elixirs. So anyone who had Elixirs to sell (Health, Mana, Spirit, arguably Last) could post in that thread.

If the Elixir emporium thread did well, then I guess we could open a Draughts emporium, a Potions emporium, a shortsword emporium, a staffs emporium, a helmet emporium and so on so forth.

I feel that an emporium thread would be more useful if you know what you were looking for. Say if you wanted new body armor, instead of going though everyone's threads, you could just go to the body armor emporium thread.
+Quote Post

post May 15 2010, 14:55
Post #12
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Anomtai @ May 15 2010, 01:44) *

With permission, I would like to test the concept of a emporium thread. A emporium thread would focus on one specific type of item or equipment. Such as swords, potions, body armor, etc, etc. Instead of having one user per thread, any user with that specific item type to sell would be allowed to post in that thread. My expermental Emporium thread woud focus on Elixirs. So anyone who had Elixirs to sell (Health, Mana, Spirit, arguably Last) could post in that thread.

If the Elixir emporium thread did well, then I guess we could open a Draughts emporium, a Potions emporium, a shortsword emporium, a staffs emporium, a helmet emporium and so on so forth.

I feel that an emporium thread would be more useful if you know what you were looking for. Say if you wanted new body armor, instead of going though everyone's threads, you could just go to the body armor emporium thread.

Originally, there were supposed to be single threads for specific types of items for people who weren't selling enough to need their own storefront (people who need more than 1 post to list their stuff). That all went to hell because nobody reads the rules and shit.
+Quote Post

post May 15 2010, 18:27
Post #13
Sayo Aisaka

Level 197 (Destined)

I think the emporium concept has already been tested, and it failed. IMO there's no problem with people creating threads just to sell one or two random items - the important thing is that they ask for them to be deleted once the items have been sold. (Hint.)
+Quote Post

post May 16 2010, 04:15
Post #14
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

So that's a no on my emporium experiment then?
+Quote Post

post May 16 2010, 05:00
Post #15
grumpymal

Level 362 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Anomtai @ May 15 2010, 22:15) *

So that's a no on my emporium experiment then?

Already been tried, already failed.
+Quote Post

post May 16 2010, 05:10
Post #16

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

I think the important thing is to note that BunBun added a note about not using the strikethrough on sold equipment like I asked him. Of course, I doubt anyone read/noticed it so it doesn't do anyone any good.
+Quote Post

post Jun 1 2010, 05:04
Post #17
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Can we ignore guideline 1 for my artifact auction?
+Quote Post

post Jun 1 2010, 12:44
Post #18
hgbdd

Godslayer Angelic Belldandy (On vacations)
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(Anomtai @ Jun 1 2010, 04:04) *

Can we ignore guideline 1 for my artifact auction?
Couldn't you just PM BunBun or Sayo instead of posting? You'll get a faster reply anyway.
+Quote Post

post Jun 1 2010, 15:14
Post #19
Sayo Aisaka

Level 197 (Destined)

I don't think it would be a problem in this case. The point of these guidelines is mainly to stop sold items coming up in searches, so a bunch of posts saying "I bid 50000C" (or whatever) isn't going to bother anyone.
+Quote Post

post Jun 1 2010, 20:11
Post #20
Pickled Cow

My lid is stuck.
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(cmdct @ Jun 1 2010, 10:44) *

Couldn't you just PM BunBun or Sayo instead of posting? You'll get a faster reply anyway.

Well that would be a disservice to anyone who had the same question now wouldn't it?
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 20:54