9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.4.4, In before post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:04
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Battle Powerups

Monsters will now randomly drop Powerup Gems when they are defeated. When they drop, these powerups are automatically slotted in the special "P" item slot (overwriting any powerups already there, if any).

Powerups have a usage time of 0, meaning that they can be used instantly. They persist between rounds, but shatter at the end of the grindfest/item world/arena challenge.

Equipment Sets

Equipment Sets have been added. This allows you to define up to three different weapon/armor configurations, and easily switch between them from the equipment screen.

Note that while armor pieces can be present in several equipment sets, weapons/offhands can only be in one.

Also, you cannot sell or mail equipment that's used in an equipment set. You can still enter its Item World, however.

Misc

- The main pane no longer defaults to scrolling if the content somehow ends up being too large. This should help against a few layout glitches.

- After you've gone through a certain number of grindfests, the system will now start asking you to solve a captcha before it'll let you start any more, just to verify that you are, in fact, human.

- You can now gain proficiency for autocast spells. It will be calculated randomly every turn, with the actual chance depending on the upkeep cost.

- Autocast now properly accounts for the points put into the spells being autocast, as well as proficiency bonuses/penalties from equipment.

- Messing around with Magic and then trying for a normal attack should no longer result in casting Magic Missile.

- If you select Skill or Item, but don't select anything and hit a monster instead, this will also turn into a normal attack instead of giving an error.

- Fixed some buggy rank-up message stuff.

- The equipment panes for the Item World, Equipment Shop and Mooglemail now take better advantage of their full width, which should cause less word-wrapping.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:07
Post #2
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 370 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 11 2009, 08:04) *

Battle Powerups
Equipment Sets
Misc

Wow. Woot. Yay for equipment sets, power ups, autocast fixes/changes, magic missile fixes, and pretty much everything else. LoL@captchas.

Why did you make it so weapons/offhands can only be in one set?

Request: Have any currently active gem show up somewhere in the battle pane, instead of just in our inventory.

Edit: First!

This post has been edited by DemonEyesBob: Dec 11 2009, 13:17
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:10
Post #3
Forth_Lancer

Incognito Bounty Translator
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Thanks for the equipment set update. Now to change between heavy armor and light armor will be easier.

Let's see if the powerups will really help in battle. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:13
Post #4
ExTe

Android Lover
Group: Members
Level 477 (Godslayer)

POWERUP GEMS ROCK.u can stack health regen gem with spikes.i may be finally be able to powerup some of my fine and exquiste equips

This post has been edited by ExTe: Dec 11 2009, 13:13
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:19
Post #5
yuripe

An Amateur Translator... #plak
Level 382 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 11 2009, 18:04) *

Battle Powerups

Monsters will now randomly drop Powerup Gems when they are defeated. When they drop, these powerups are automatically slotted in the special "P" item slot (overwriting any powerups already there, if any).

Powerups have a usage time of 0, meaning that they can be used instantly. They persist between rounds, but shatter at the end of the grindfest/item world/arena challenge.

Equipment Sets

Equipment Sets have been added. This allows you to define up to three different weapon/armor configurations, and easily switch between them from the equipment screen.

Note that while armor pieces can be present in several equipment sets, weapons/offhands can only be in one.

Also, you cannot sell or mail equipment that's used in an equipment set. You can still enter its Item World, however.

nice update for equipment sets (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . now update of battle powerups, I receive 'Scary Ghost drops a Health Gem powerup!'. the proc is 'Regeneration restores you with 33 points of health'. not different from a health draught, but has short duration.
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:23
Post #6
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(DemonEyesBob @ Dec 11 2009, 12:07) *

Why did you make it so weapons/offhands can only be in one set?

Technical reasons. I wasn't planning for it, but when I was almost done I realized that using one-handed weapons in different slots for different sets could bug it, so instead of starting over (which I couldn't be arsed to do) I decided to just lock down everything that went in the mainhand and offhand slots. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:26
Post #7
hitokiri84

Legendary Poster
Level 496 (Godslayer)

I'm definitely liking the power gems since it's letting me use Channeling as a tank. It would be nice if they had a special text color or only dropped at the end of the round since the drops in the middle of rounds are hard to spot unless you're specifically looking for them.
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:29
Post #8
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Level 370 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(hitokiri84 @ Dec 11 2009, 08:26) *

I'm definitely liking the power gems since it's letting me use Channeling as a tank.

What do you mean?
Oh. Wow. Very nice (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It would be nice if they had a special text color

This, since it would be stupid to reject the gift of mid-battle item drops (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) It also wouldn't make sense - what would happen if more than 1 was dropped at the end of a round when we only have 1 slot (which is annoying as hell, btw lol)?

This post has been edited by DemonEyesBob: Dec 11 2009, 14:16
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 13:37
Post #9
mayuri9

Marionette✿
Level 145 (Ascended)

great >.< item set can make me try to change set of equipment easier !!
Thanks (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by mayuri9: Dec 11 2009, 13:38
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 14:20
Post #10
dlhmmr

Slayer of Black Bandaids
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 438 (Godslayer)

Awesome update Tenboro, power gems are sweet.

Thanks Tenboro for all the work at keeping this place running & interesting (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 14:20
Post #11
coredumperror

Ah ah ah... Vista is bad for you!
Level 304 (Godslayer)

I third the idea of special text color for gem drops. Having it be the same color as a "monster has been defeated" method makes it very easy to miss.
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 16:10
Post #12
Master_S

Active Poster
Level 403 (Godslayer)

Thanks for the equipment sets Tenboro...that makes life in HV so much easier! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Edit:
I got a Storm and Shock Gem granting Storm and Shock Spikes! It's nice to get something you usually don't have. Thanks again!

This post has been edited by Master_S: Dec 11 2009, 18:06
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 16:13
Post #13
uth

Active Poster
Level 265 (Godslayer)

woot for autocast fixes, and omg power ups!!!!! mystic gem for heartseeker lols....427 turns

Still wish autocast cut off was based on upkeep and not total mana though, it causes an unintentional penalty to those with more mana tanks, int/wis. The biggest reason that there is a problem is that per turn autocast is more mana efficent if you have more then 1 slot.

This post has been edited by uth: Dec 11 2009, 17:08
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 16:38
Post #14
jarald

I'm going slightly mad...
Level 137 (Ascended)

Sounds awesome. Thanks!
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 17:23
Post #15
MezzoDragon

Newcomer
Level 55 (Expert)

The Power Gems and Equip Sets are great ideas. Adding small bonuses during matches is always fun to use.
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 18:12
Post #16
EvolutionKing

Level 446 (Dovahkiin)

Wow. I didn't expect to get powerups in the middle of the rounds. I thought it would be at the end, like other items.
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 18:15
Post #17

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

Another vote for a different color for the power-up gems.

Edit:
Also, some means of using them faster. I.e. having an icon for them on the quick cast bar or something.

Edit 2:
Switching from set 1 to set 2 then back causes the armor in the body slot to be de-equipped. I guess not...

This post has been edited by Boggyb: Dec 11 2009, 18:39
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 18:40
Post #18
Cumsprite

An Italian Pervert
Level 233 (Lord)

I really was looking for an equipment set feature. Thanks!!
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 19:02
Post #19
OmegaSin

Newcomer
Level 48 (Artisan)

I still can't access HV. Same problem: login screen.
+Quote Post

post Dec 11 2009, 19:13
Post #20
grumpymal

I hate everything >:C
Level 362 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 11 2009, 06:04) *

Battle Powerups

Neat! Though I'm going to have to request that you reduce the space between item slots again....

Equipment Sets

Super neat! It'll save me some trouble when switching to my 2H, but my 1HS and DW sets share a weapon, so here's hoping those get fixed at a later date.

- The main pane no longer defaults to scrolling if the content somehow ends up being too large. This should help against a few layout glitches.

- Messing around with Magic and then trying for a normal attack should no longer result in casting Magic Missile.

- If you select Skill or Item, but don't select anything and hit a monster instead, this will also turn into a normal attack instead of giving an error.

- The equipment panes for the Item World, Equipment Shop and Mooglemail now take better advantage of their full width, which should cause less word-wrapping.

Yay for bugfixes and tweaks~

- You can now gain proficiency for autocast spells. It will be calculated randomly every turn, with the actual chance depending on the upkeep cost.

- Autocast now properly accounts for the points put into the spells being autocast, as well as proficiency bonuses/penalties from equipment.

Now all we need is the ability to turn autocasts on and off in battle and we'll be kosher.

Thanks for all the hard work, as usual.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 00:32