7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.4.3, See above

post Dec 5 2009, 14:14
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

New Hath Perks: Innate Arcana

The Innate Arcana series of hath perks unlocks a number of auto-cast slots that can be found below the quickcast slots on the settings page. These spells will be automatically cast during battle.

Each spell you add to auto-cast incurs an Upkeep which is subtracted every round the spell is active. The Upkeep is calculated as the cost of the spell divided by its duration - these calculations take your proficiency into account, and it should cost the same as casting them manually.

If your mana drops below 10%, the auto-cast spells will dissipate. They will be automatically recast when mana goes above 25% - or you can recast them manually, it will then take over when the manually-cast spell expires. (No upkeep is consumed when the manually cast version is in effect.)

Each level of Innate Arcana increases the number of slots by 1. The higher levels also decrease the total Upkeep cost for all spells.

Currently, the spells that can be set to auto-cast are: Shield, Barrier, Haste, and Shadow Veil. Others may be added in the future.

New Domain

- The HentaiVerse has moved off its old temporary hv.e-hentai.org subdomain to hentaiverse.org - this will make stuff faster, since your browser won't have to keep sending cookies that aren't related to the HentaiVerse.

In most cases, the system should log you on to the new domain automatically as long as you're logged on to anything on e-hentai.org, and all pages should be properly forwarded (if you're logged on, anyway).

- There is now a proper login page for the HentaiVerse.

Code optimizations

Shaved off precious microseconds by dumping a ton of previously inline CSS to an external stylesheet on certain shared and oft-accessed pages. This will especially have an effect on text-heavy pages when using the default HentaiVerse font engine.

(The equipment page I was testing it on was shaved from 820562 bytes of html to 514975, although the effect on actually transferred bytes is much smaller since it's compressed. The battle page footprint was roughly cut down by half.)

Misc

- Made some more tweaks to the equipment popups. It's also been altered to include two digits after the decimal point for decimal values. (So if you used to have 5.2 of something and now have 5.16 of something, you always had 5.16 of something, it was just rounded.)

- Equipment sorting should now be fixed. For reals this time. Note that it is still *different* - staffs and offhand now sort above armor. Then it sorts by slot, then by type, then by name.

- There is now an additional chance to gain shield proficiency whenever you block something.

- You can now only counter when blocking at most once every player turn.

- Battle errors caused by invalid actions and such are now also written to the battle log.

- Elemental rating mitigations are now added to the mitigations on the equipment stat readout.

- Removed crude drops from the healer reward table.

- The system should now send no-cache headers before anything else happens, so in the rare event of a failure, the browser won't cache a blank page.

- Some equipment suffix bonus ranges have been narrowed.

- Made some improvements to the downloadable fonts/custom fonts mode. Among other stuff, word-wrapped lines should no longer overlap with eachother.

- Increased the duration of Haste.

- Fixed buggy damage type for Infusion of Gaia
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 14:33
Post #2
URB

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 51 (Artisan)

Yay!
The "wait and see" message was a little disturbing. I still can't picture what Snowflake looks like, and imagining it dancing with moogles was... weird.
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 14:42
Post #3
Cumsprite

An Italian Pervert
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 233 (Lord)

Really nice update, thanks! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 14:47
Post #4
WTF?

???

LOL nevermind (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by WTF?: Dec 5 2009, 16:51
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 15:01
Post #5
ExTe

Android Lover
Level 477 (Godslayer)

damn my interference went up again =(

but overall awesome update(shield prof). finally see 1% element rating means 0.5% mitigation.

This post has been edited by ExTe: Dec 5 2009, 15:02
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 15:43
Post #6
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Group: Global Mods
Level 272 (Godslayer)

coolbeans.
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 15:56
Post #7
hen_Z

Casual Poster
Level 89 (Hero)

Is there are any chance to get damaging spells to be autocasted? Then mages could jusc click on Continue or gulp mana pots, and be completely free other time...

This post has been edited by hen_Z: Dec 5 2009, 15:58
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 15:59
Post #8
flint

Dat ain't no pony.
Level 468 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(hen_Z @ Dec 5 2009, 16:56) *

What spells one can stuff into Arcana autocast slots? Only supportive, or Cure can also be set up to work as Regen? And deprecating spells, or even damaging ones?

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 5 2009, 15:14) *

Currently, the spells that can be set to auto-cast are: Shield, Barrier, Haste, and Shadow Veil. Others may be added in the future.

This.

Ignore.

This post has been edited by flint: Dec 5 2009, 16:00
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 16:14
Post #9
Sayo Aisaka

I have no Item Sluts :(
Level 197 (Destined)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 5 2009, 12:14) *

- Fixed buggy damage type for Infusion of Gaia

Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with it?
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 16:52
Post #10
dlhmmr

Slayer of Black Bandaids
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 438 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Sayo Aisaka @ Dec 5 2009, 07:14) *

It may have been that it was doing soul damage instead of Elemental damage, but I could be wrong.
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 17:32
Post #11
midoriyama

Casual Poster
Level 236 (Godslayer)

It seems like the block chance of shields has gone down by around a percent point... What happened there? Were the block chances of shields considered too high? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 17:54
Post #12
Cronauron

Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

The auto spellcasting perks look pretty cool. I am however curious if the new number displays are responsible for upping burden/interference (only noticed it on weapons for sure) and lowering shield block rate slightly.
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 18:07
Post #13
Raaby

Smile on, you pigs in human clothing.
Level 238 (Godslayer)

Why am I fighting monsters in the battle log box?
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 18:11
Post #14
ExTe

Android Lover
Level 477 (Godslayer)

^ either the calculations for interference/burden is back to the old 0.4.1 days or somehow ? my greaves went from interference 18.1 -> 18.79 =(
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 18:21
Post #15
AglowGolem

RPGMaker Noob
Level 337 (Godslayer)

nice patch and btw could regen be included for innate arcanna for next time? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
great work ^0^
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 18:59
Post #16
Sayo Aisaka

I have no Item Sluts :(
Level 197 (Destined)

QUOTE(midoriyama @ Dec 5 2009, 15:32) *

It seems like the block chance of shields has gone down by around a percent point... What happened there? Were the block chances of shields considered too high? (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

QUOTE(Cronauron @ Dec 5 2009, 15:54) *

The auto spellcasting perks look pretty cool. I am however curious if the new number displays are responsible for upping burden/interference (only noticed it on weapons for sure) and lowering shield block rate slightly.

QUOTE(ExTe @ Dec 5 2009, 16:11) *

^ either the calculations for interference/burden is back to the old 0.4.1 days or somehow ? my greaves went from interference 18.1 -> 18.79 =(

Equipment stats have definitely been tweaked. Some things have gone up, some have come down.
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 19:08
Post #17
globald

Lurker
Group: Recruits
Level 215 (Lord)

QUOTE(Rob Itagaki @ Dec 5 2009, 18:07) *

I have the same problem, Monster are now shown below the battle log instead of being on the right side. And please don't tell me it's because i'm using OPERA (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by globald: Dec 5 2009, 19:09
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 19:12
Post #18

Death Row
Level 335 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 5 2009, 04:14) *

New Hath Perks: Innate Arcana

The Innate Arcana series of hath perks unlocks a number of auto-cast slots that can be found below the quickcast slots on the settings page. These spells will be automatically cast during battle.

Each spell you add to auto-cast incurs an Upkeep which is subtracted every round the spell is active. The Upkeep is calculated as the cost of the spell divided by its duration - these calculations take your proficiency into account, and it should cost the same as casting them manually.

If your mana drops below 10%, the auto-cast spells will dissipate. They will be automatically recast when mana goes above 25% - or you can recast them manually, it will then take over when the manually-cast spell expires. (No upkeep is consumed when the manually cast version is in effect.)

Each level of Innate Arcana increases the number of slots by 1. The higher levels also decrease the total Upkeep cost for all spells.

I'm glad this does not cost AP, but hath might be even worse...

QUOTE(Rob Itagaki @ Dec 5 2009, 08:07) *

+1
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 19:23
Post #19
yuripe

An Amateur Translator... #plak
Level 382 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Dec 5 2009, 19:14) *

Misc

- Made some more tweaks to the equipment popups. It's also been altered to include two digits after the decimal point for decimal values. (So if you used to have 5.2 of something and now have 5.16 of something, you always had 5.16 of something, it was just rounded.)

- Equipment sorting should now be fixed. For reals this time. Note that it is still *different* - staffs and offhand now sort above armor. Then it sorts by slot, then by type, then by name.

more detail for weapon's value point, and all kind of weapons above armor now.
little surprise see my weapon's list change, but nice update (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Dec 5 2009, 19:40
Post #20
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Sayo Aisaka @ Dec 5 2009, 15:14) *

The internal damage type was set as "soul" (which is nothing) instead of "none" (which is soul). (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE(Sayo Aisaka @ Dec 5 2009, 17:59) *

Equipment stats have definitely been tweaked. Some things have gone up, some have come down.

Well.. they weren't supposed to (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but adding another digit means that you can have +/- 0.05 from the old value.

QUOTE(globald @ Dec 5 2009, 18:08) *

I have the same problem, Monster are now shown below the battle log instead of being on the right side. And please don't tell me it's because i'm using OPERA (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Probably has something to do with the code optimization. Honestly, I only test this stuff in Firefox and Chrome.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 22:18