Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.4.0, Rise of the Magi

post Oct 30 2009, 15:45
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

So I lied, it was less than one day. Shoot me.

New Skill Trees

The skill trees at level 110, 130, 170 and 190 have now been opened.

- The four new trees introduce a full set of Tier 3 elemental magic, to go with Tier 3 divine/forbidden spells which were already available.

- 4th level Aura ranks can now be unlocked through the new ability on the level 190 tree.

- You can now unlock one new Infusion-only and two new Scroll-only item slots on the level 110, 130 and 170 trees.

- Introduced the deprecating spell Bewilder at level 80, which is basically Weaken for magic. Silence has been bumped to level 110.

- Introduced the supportive spells Arcane Focus and Heartseeker at level 130 and 170. These are long-lasting buffs that will increase, respectively, magical and physical prowess. You cannot use Arcane Focus and Heartseeker at the same time.

- Introduced the supportive spell Spirit Shield at level 190. With this spell active, all received Soul damage will do damage to your spirit bar instead of health. Each point of Spirit will absorb 10 points of damage for each ability point put into the skill (so 1 spirit point per 50 damage maxed).

- Introduced the four supportive spells Flame Spikes, Frost Spikes, Shock Spikes and Storm Spikes at level 110, 130, 170 and 190. These spells increase mitigation for the corresponding element by 25%, and will reflect a portion (10%) of all received physical damage in the element of the Spike Shield. You can only run one Spike Shield at the same time.

Magic Revamps

- All offensive damage spells have been rebalanced.
-- Tier 1 single-target spells now do slightly more damage than normal attacks (except for being magic/elemental), but costs significantly less to cast. (Less than 1/4th of the old cost, in fact.)
-- Tier 2 single-target spells now do roughly the same damage as the old Tier 1 spells, at half the old T1 cost.
-- Tier 3 and 4 single-target spells do less damage (about 60% of before) but costs about 35% of the old cost.
-- AoE spells for the most part do the same damage as before, only at a lower cost.

- The spell Regen II is now available at Level 150. It lasts 250% as long as the normal Regen and restores 20% more HP per tick, but also costs three times as much mana to cast. Regen and Regen II cannot be run simultaneously.

- You can no longer use Weaken/Blind together with Bewilder/Silence (using either from one group will remove both from the other).

- You can no longer have more than one of Slow, Sleep and Confuse active at the same time.

- The Magic pane has been split into two sections, Offensive and Tactical, to avoid scrolling. If you have any Offensive spell it will default to that, otherwise it'll default to Tactical. You can hit the W key or Magic repeatedly to toggle panes, or hit the "Offensive" and "Tactical" buttoms themselves.

- Improved the grouping of supportive, curative and deprecating spells in the spellbook.

- Cure is now a prereq for Cure II

- Cure II is now a prereq for Cure III

- Regen is now a prereq for Regen II

- You can now cast a spell on a mob that is affected by Coalesced Mana as long as you have enough MP to cover the cost after the bonus from the buff is taken into account.

- Out-of-mana messages now display in the battle log instead of in the error field on the sidebar.

Battle Regeneration

- Battle regeneration for players has now been enabled. Each turn of battle is equivalent to two seconds of natural regeneration. Note that the same rules apply for this as for the proc check, so you will NOT regenerate during turns where you use Defense/Focus, nor when you "skip" a turn.

- Increased the effect of endurance on natural health regen to /5

- Increased the effect of wisdom on natural mana regen to /25

Staff proc dynamics

Changed the dynamics of Staff procs:

- Coalesced Mana is now triggered by spells instead of normal attacks. All magic that is targeted on a monster can trigger the effect. It will now also last two more turns.

- A monster now has to be affected by CM in order to trigger the Ether Theft effect. When it triggers, CM is consumed.

- Increased the amount of mana drained by Ether Theft.

- While a monster is affected by ET, the proc you can trigger by casting a spell on it changes from Coalesced Mana to the self-buff "Channeling". Channeling will make the next spell a free cast (no matter what type), makes it impossible to resist or being interfered, and increases the spell power by 50%.
-- For offensive damage spells, this is a 50% bonus to damage. For direct curative spells, this is a 50% bonus to healing. For supportive, deprecating and heal-over-time spells, this is a 50% bonus to duration.
-- Channeling lasts for four turns, but is consumed when you cast a spell.
-- Note that in order to proc Channeling of a mob using an AoE attack, the primary target of the spell must be the one affected by Ether Theft.

Equipment Changes

- By order of the EPA, we're reducing the amount of garbage produced in the verse. All weapons that can drop with a proc will now always drop with a proc. No, this isn't retroactive. Yes, that means that pre-patch no-proc weapons are now only worth whatever you can get from the equipment shop. No, I don't feel for you.

- Weapons can now drop with a crit chance bonus. Melee weapons get a +attack crit chance bonus, while staffs get a +magic crit chance bonus. Two-handers generally have a higher range than one-handers. The crit chance bonus is applied in the same way as the hit chance bonus.

- The "of Balance" and "of Focus" suffixes will now increase both hit and crit chance bonuses.

- Most of the suffixes have been rebalanced to have a larger effect on the equipment stats.

- Staffs will no longer drop with a +attack accuracy bonus

- New non-metallic equipment no longer has the X-adorned/tipped/trimmed part of the name.

- The loot generator should now generate equipment that make a bit more sense with stats and such. Loot quality bonuses now work in a different way from before, and should make quality gear more consistently decent across all stats. It will however no longer allow stats to exceed the specified range of the items in question, so YMMV.

- Note that some ranges have been widened and adjusted to fit the loot engine tweaks. This will have caused some stat changes on existing gear.

Drop changes

Loot drop rates have been tweaked further:

- Consumables now drop at a rate of 50% health, 30% mana, 10% spirit, 4% scroll, 4% infusion, 1% elixirs and 1% "special"

- Artifacts are now about five times as likely to drop randomly. They have also been changed to all have the same "value" (10k).

- Equipment is now about twice as likely to drop randomly. Base value has been halved.

- Rare+ mobs should now give the intended amount of credits.

MoogleMail, Kupo

The moogles have been bugging me to let them set up a post exchange facillity in the HentaiVerse, and after the necessary permissions and red tape have all been done away with, MoogleMail is now ready for business.

In order to send a new mail, hit the Write New tab. Here you can enter the forum display name of the member you'd like to send it to, a subject, and a text body.

You can also attach one item or equipment piece by using the "Attach Item" or "Attach Equipment" buttons. When you have chosen an item to attach, you can set a CoD amount for it. If set, the receipent will have to pay this amount in order to remove the attachment. You don't have to set a CoD, and items will in that case be considered a gift.

New mail will be placed in the inbox. When you open normal mails, it will automatically be marked as read and moved to Read Mail, unless it contains an attachment. Mail with an attachment won't be "read" before the CoD (if any) has been paid, and the attachment has been retrieved.

For mail with an attachment, you have the options to Take Attachment, which will deduct the CoD from your account and add it to the sender's, or Return Message, which will return the message to the sender's inbox.

When mails have been sent, you can track them through the Sent Mail tab. Unread messages will show up as such, read mail will indicate when it was opened. Mail that has not yet been read can be Recalled. This will return it to your own Inbox, with the CoD (if any) zeroed out. Note, again, that mails with an attachment do not count as "read" before the attachment has been retrieved, and they can thus be Recalled up to the point where they are paid for.

To prevent abuse, when you send a mail through MoogleMail the system charges 10 C for basic delivery, plus 10% of the CoD value of an attached item (if any). This is non-refundable, even if the mail is returned or recalled. So if you like sending out lesser draughts for 10000 credits to random people, you'll run out of cash fast. (You'll also be banned, but that's besides the point.)
- Note that if you make arrangements to transfer credits for items outside this secure exchange system, that's up to you, but it is done on your own responsibility. I have better things to do than intervene in virtual payment disputes.
- The "Penny Pincher" hath perks reduce the CoD value payment by 1/2/4/6/8/10 percentage points - in other words, with this skill maxed, there is no CoD fee.

There is a special type of mass-message mail that can be sent by the system. These mails will remain in your inbox no matter if you read them or not, until they are no longer relevant, after which they will be filed away under Read Mail. They will not, however, clog up your "New Mail" icon after the first view.

The Item World

- A new battle type, the Item World, has been added. You can access the Portal to the Item World from the Battle drop-down menu.

- Accessing an Item World allows you to do battle inside any piece of (unequipped) gear in your inventory.

- An Item World has as many rounds as the equipment you enter has levels. Clearing an Item World may increase the level of the item, depending on your difficulty setting. If you play on Hard or higher, the item can gain several levels in one go. If you play below Normal, the item may not gain any levels at all.

- The difficulty and experience gained depends on the power (quality rating) of your item. So a magnificent item will have significantly harder mobs than a crude one. Like in the Grindfest, monster damage starts at 50% base and increases by 1% per round.

- After clearing an item, you cannot re-enter it for 24 hours, but you can immediately try again if you're defeated or escape. You can only enter the Item World 10 times per day (dawn to dawn). You do not gain any credits inside the Item World, but you can still get other items or equipment while in there.

- Also, I'd again like to reiterate that I've never played or even heard of the game Disgaea.

Misc

- Rescaled the chances for all fighting style procs. All procs will now cap around 250 of the corresponding primary stat and 200 of the corresponding proficiency.

- The system should now automatically correct the "page lock" if it somehow gets desynced, that is, if a battle ended but the page lock isn't removed for whatever reason.

- The item screen now has an "Auto All" button. Hitting this will enable auto-stocking for all slots.

- When you're hovering over a piece of equipment, you can now hit Ctrl+C to pop up a description box of the item in question. You can use the URL for this box to link the item to other people. If they're logged on, they'll see it with scaling to their own level. Which should be useful for trading and stuff.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 15:47
Post #2
ExTe

Android Lover
Group: Members
Level 477 (Godslayer)

no cure during battles after the update was finished cost me the round in the areana gg
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 15:54
Post #3
Spectre

The Bell Tolls for All.
Group: Global Mods
Level 272 (Godslayer)

lol FFXI reference (well, Final Fantasy in general, but thats besides the point).

also...

- You can no longer have more than one of Slow, Sleep and Confuse active at the same time.

This makes absolutely no sense...? I mean I can more or less understand the "Weaken/Blind together with Bewilder/Silence" to some extent (its sort of like how certain enfeebling spells can override others in FFXI) but the one slow/sleep/confuse at a time doesn't make a lick of sense. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

This post has been edited by Spectre: Oct 30 2009, 15:58
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 15:58
Post #4
marcho

蹂躙の爪牙
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 339 (Godslayer)

Awesome.

except
Silence has been bumped to level 110.

Baww must powerlever to 110 now.
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:06
Post #5
Forth_Lancer

Incognito Bounty Translator
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

I can't say anything yet... but really this is a huge change.
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:08
Post #6
Master_S

Active Poster
Level 403 (Godslayer)

Huge changes. Cool idea with the MoogleMail and Item World. Will take some time to test the new feature/changes (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:15
Post #7
ootoro

Level 272 (Godslayer)

Does leveling an item have a chance to add stat categories or procs (ie resist)? I imagine not, but I'm throwing it out there anyway...
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:15
Post #8
marcho

蹂躙の爪牙
Level 339 (Godslayer)

Tried it out, and Staff changes fail out for mages unless you massively increase coalesced chance though. Also if you proc coalesced you've probably got the creature down to the point where 1 hit will kill it, meaning no ether theft anyways. I proc'ed theft once using my full mana bar.

1h-s overwhelming strikes, also the weakest, seems to have got owned by the proc chance rescalling. On the other hand, my dual wielding offstrike chance went up.

For whoever tries it first (or tenb) does bewilder prevent crits like weaken?

This post has been edited by marcho: Oct 30 2009, 16:24
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:18
Post #9
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Spectre @ Oct 30 2009, 14:54) *

This makes absolutely no sense...? I mean I can more or less understand the "Weaken/Blind together with Bewilder/Silence" to some extent (its sort of like how certain enfeebling spells can override others in FFXI) but the one slow/sleep/confuse at a time doesn't make a lick of sense. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

It's not allowed simply because it doesn't make any sense to use them together. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE(marcho @ Oct 30 2009, 15:15) *

Tried it out, and Staff changes fail out for mages unless you massively increase coalesced chance though. Also if you proc coalesced you've probably got the creature down to the point where 1 hit will kill it, meaning no ether theft anyways. I proc'ed theft once using my full mana bar.

I could start out with a high chance, but then everyone would be bawwing when I reduced it. This way is better.
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:18
Post #10
Forth_Lancer

Incognito Bounty Translator
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

Wow, wait a minute is there any changes in HP calculation? Since I'm sure I have 2000+ HP before this update and now it's just 1979 with all Health Tanks.

Well, just asking.
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:19
Post #11
ExTe

Android Lover
Level 477 (Godslayer)

look at ur items their stats went down i tink.or its from the additional stat bonus from items went down
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:22
Post #12
uth

Active Poster
Level 265 (Godslayer)

all I gotta say is natural regen is the shit!!!
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:29
Post #13
marcho

蹂躙の爪牙
Level 339 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Oct 30 2009, 09:18) *

I could start out with a high chance, but then everyone would be bawwing when I reduced it. This way is better.

So your intending to rebalance it in the future? Right now with 103 staff prof I have a 19% chance, and to have much of any chance of triggering theft I'd need atleast ~50% given theft still has its own percent chance and coalesced only lasts an extra turn or maybe two from what it used to, and then the final channeling buff, with a 19% chance on 1-2 turns of theft, is pretty much never going to happen.
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:30
Post #14
Tenboro

Admin

Addendum: Because of the magic changes, I also had to reset the quick bars.

QUOTE(marcho @ Oct 30 2009, 15:29) *

So your intending to rebalance it in the future? Right now with 103 staff prof I have a 19% chance, and to have much of any chance of triggering theft I'd need atleast ~50% given theft still has its own percent chance and coalesced only lasts an extra turn or maybe two from what it used to, and then the final channeling buff, with a 19% chance on 1-2 turns of theft, is pretty much never going to happen.

My intention is to observe how well it works. Keep in mind that against multiple mobs you can use AoEs to have the chance to trigger CM on all of them. And it's not supposed to let you trigger Channeling constantly, that would be stupid.
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:33
Post #15
uth

Active Poster
Level 265 (Godslayer)

bah you had to do it in the middle of me doing a 130 round item world battle. I had just fixed my bars a minute ago too.... (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:34
Post #16
Mike-RaWare

Newcomer
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 434 (Godslayer)

The Item World is made of the purest of epic win! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:36
Post #17
Eutopia

Active Poster
Level 437 (Godslayer)

wtf think i lost like 50% of the primary stats bonuses from equipments.
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:40
Post #18
marcho

蹂躙の爪牙
Level 339 (Godslayer)

constantly no, as is, you cant cast in on a regular mob so lets just take a legendary to assume we actually have time to hit it with 2 spells.

lets take coalesced to be 25% assuming I'm underleveled, and 25% theft, slightly higher than what I have. after I proc coa, I have a to whack the mob with the staff. With a staff, acc is generall bad, so lets say I hit it 3 out of the 4 chances I have during coa. roughly a 50/50 chance to proc theft after having proced coa. then you a turn, maybe two, to proc coa again at a 25% chance. Its pretty slim. And this is assuming you can actually put all that damage on one target, which isnt going to happen except on very high hp enemies.

I havn't tested aoe yet, I'll see how that goes. As long as your intendin to look after it its fine, pretty much what I figured.

edit: as a side note, I'm loving the ctrl+c feature for equip.

This post has been edited by marcho: Oct 30 2009, 16:45
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:56
Post #19
boxospam

Elite Poster
Level 393 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Oct 30 2009, 23:45) *

- Artifacts are now about five times as likely to drop randomly. They have also been changed to all have the same "value" (10k).

Does thing change mean that, for example, [Chainsaw Oil] and [ASHPD Portal Gun] are of equal value at 'The Shrine', or are chainsaw parts still 'rarer' then the previously less valuable artifacts?
+Quote Post

post Oct 30 2009, 16:57
Post #20
D.D.D.

Legendary Poster
Level 87 (Hero)

Wow, there're even WTS/WTB Subforums. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 22:18