Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.3.3

post Aug 26 2009, 09:18
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

These updates were actually going out with 0.4.0, but the Next Big Thing™ is still some ways from being done and I wanted some of these changes out there ASAP, so I've disabled the NBT and pushed it as 0.3.3 instead.

We're Gonna Need A Montage

A sports-training montage~

- Grinding gets you down? Can't tell the hilt from the pointy end of your sword? Getting your ass handed to you? Need to get your act together? What you need is a Montage!
-- Montages are accessed from the Battle menu. You must be at least level 20 to start a Montage. Starting a Montage is free.
-- You can currently use Montages to gain some proficiency in your currently equipped gear, or with magic skills. Note that you must have a non-zero proficiency to increase it with a Montage. (So you can't for example get any proficiency in Forbidden Magic unless you have some forbidden spells to start it out with.)
-- Note that the total amount of proficiency you can gain is divided by the number of proficiencies affected by the Montage, and further affected by how far you are from the cap. While you cannot restrict the Montage to specific proficiencies, you can unequip weapons and/or armor to focus on one thing in particular.
-- Montages are capped at 75% of max proficiency. Above this point it will just say "Capped" and increase nothing.
-- Montages cannot last more than eight hours. There is a twelve hour cooldown from a montage ends until you can start another one. This cooldown is applied even if you end a Montage prematurely.
-- You are locked to the Montage page for the duration of the Montage, unless you end it prematurely. Nor can you trigger new random encounters while you're in a Montage.
-- Unless you didn't get the hint from the previous points, yes, Montages are intended to be used while you're asleep.
-- For those who wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just increase the proficiency gain, sure, but I have several other plans for Montages. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Equipment

- The second part of Weapon and Armor proficiency effects have been enabled (the first ones being the fighting style procs). Every point of proficiency decreases Weapon and Armor Burden and Interference by 0.25% and increases the other stats by 0.10%.
For armor and shields, the proficiency used corresponds to the gear type in question.
For weapons, the proficiency used is corresponding to your fighting style. (So if you're dual-wielding, a sword will be boosted by dual-wielding proficiency, but if you wear it with a shield it will be boosted by one-handed.)

Note that the system now also scales interference and burden with level (it didn't before), so if you don't keep your proficiency up you will in fact be penalized. This scaling is at about half the rate of the proficiency reduction, so a proficiency of half your level would equal where you used to be.

- The effects of special elemental defensive mitigations (soul/fire/cold/elec/wind/dark/holy) given by for example the Fire-eater series have been significantly increased. Soul is five times as powerful as before, the rest ten times.

- The proc from a offhand weapon now has a chance to apply. However, the chance is half the normal rate, and it can only trigger when the offhand actually hits.

- You can now proc the effect Overwhelming Strikes when using the One-Handed fighting style (typically a one-handed weapon with a shield). This is a self buff that increases your attack damage, hit chance, and parry/block chance for a short period of time. The chance for proccing this effect is calculated from One-Handed Proficiency, Endurance and Strength.

- You can now find staffs that proc the effect Ether Theft. This proc will drain a small fraction of the target's current mana and feed it back to the caster.

- Weapons that qualify as Exquisite or better before its chance to have a proc is calculated will now always be fitted with the proc. You should therefore no longer see any Exquisite+ weapons without procs. Unless of course they were created before 0.4.

- After doing some actual math, most stats should have a much better scaling across the levels. Primarily, equipment shouldn't be insanely OP at low to mid levels and then level off in the mid hundreds.

So Long, Credit Bonuses

- Because of some unintended feedback loops, credit bonuses have been reduced severely:
-- Removed the credit bonuses from all auras
-- The ability tree credit bonuses have been removed entirely. The AP for these have been returned, so you don't need to reset.

- The Penny Pincher hath perks have been revamped. The base credit gain bonus has been reduced to 1/2/4/6/8/10%. However, it now also has the following effects:
-- Increases sale value of items and equipment in the HentaiVerse Bazaar by 2/4/8/12/16/20%
-- Decreases the purchase cost of items and equipment in the HentaiVerse Bazaar by 2/4/8/12/16/20%
-- Reduces training cost by 2/4/8/12/16/20%
-- Reduces healing cost by 2/4/8/12/16/20%

- Increased the base credit drops from monsters.

- Some tweaks have been made to the GP exchange thingie to decrease how much the rate is increased when someone converts. On a slightly longer time frame this should drop the rate a bit. The base rate has also been decreased somewhat, but you probably won't notice unless you check *right now*.

Aura Revamps

Primary Aura bonuses have been revamped. Yes, again.
-- The old EXP/Credit/Power bonuses have been removed. All primary auras now add a +7% EXP modifier and a +7% Power modifier for the first rank.
-- Flipped the INT and WIS bonus from blue/indigo auras. All other primary attribute bonuses remain the same.
-- Elemental bonuses have been tweaked. Violet Aura now increases Soul Rating by 1/3/5% instead of giving a bonus to all elements. The Rainbow Aura also increases Soul Rating by 2%.
-- Added a number of other bonuses for each aura. All these bonuses count as if you were wearing it as equipment.
--- Red Aura increases Physical Attack Damage by 2.0% per rank.
--- Orange Aura increases Physical Hit Chance by 5.0 per rank.
--- Yellow Aura increases Evade by 1.0% per rank.
--- Green Aura increases Physical Absorb by 2.0 points per rank.
--- Blue Aura increases Magical Absorb by 2.0 points per rank.
--- Indigo Aura increases Magical Attack damage by 2.0% per rank.
--- Violet Aura increases Magical Hit Chance by 5.0 per rank.

- Because Primary Auras have changed so significantly since they were last reset, they have been, well, reset. You can reassign your Aura Points from the aura screen to choose the combination you desire.

- Spectral Aura bonuses have been revamped.
-- The white and black auras now both give +50% EXP and +25% Power, while the Rainbow Aura gives +77% EXP and +77% Power.
-- White Aura gives +10% HP
-- Black Aura gives +10% MP
-- Rainbow Aura increases all regen rates by 50%

- Having a Gold Aura or higher now increases all regen rates by 50%.

Arenas

- All arenas now have at least 10% chance to dropping equipment as the final reward. No arenas have more than 50% chance. This should even out the drops a bit between the levels.

- The Arena will now ask for confirmation before spending money to start a challenge.

- The Arena challenges now have a readout for the highest challenge level you have cleared it on.

- Increased the factor for replaying the same arena more than once a day.

- A number of new arena challenges have been added between level 100 and 200. Dreamfall is the new level 120 arena.

- Clearing an Arena will now also fully restore your HP and MP.

Misc

- Increased the EXP bonus for playing on the harder difficulty levels.

- The item store ratio has been changed to 1:5, the same as the equipment store.

- Crushing, Slashing and Piercing have been removed from the "Elemental Ratings" on the character page, as these ended up only being used by monsters. Soul Rating has been added in their place.

- The Trainer has moved out of your brain and into the Bazaar.

- Adjusted the regen amounts for Second Wind. All regeneration amounts are now calculated from base vitals. The amount of restored Health has been increased.

Pushing the update took a bit longer than usual since MySQL screwed up one of my reset queries (5 + NULL = NULL? rly?), this should be rebuilt but let me know if you see anything weird.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:20
Post #2
killa

is sorta back
Group: Members
Level 264 (Godslayer)

gj
first post get
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:21
Post #3
eushully

Self-proclaimed King of grindfest
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 346 (Godslayer)

Looking forward to this.
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:26
Post #4
Areslade

War Angel
Level 61 (Master)

sounds really interesting to say the least
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:27
Post #5
eushully

Self-proclaimed King of grindfest
Level 346 (Godslayer)

Tenb, something is messed up when you win battles in HV. Well I guess i'm not quite using firefox but still...(my default should be FF wtf)...

(IMG:[img.photobucket.com] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/black_wing/misc/wtf.jpg)

Edit: Nvm. FF works fine.

This post has been edited by eushully: Aug 26 2009, 09:29
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:28
Post #6
killa

is sorta back
Level 264 (Godslayer)

question tenboro

now theres no diff between white and black auras?

becides the mana and mp thing

and what of my silver aura do i get any bonus or no

This post has been edited by killa: Aug 26 2009, 09:47
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:29
Post #7
icetea101

Casual Poster
Level 211 (Destined)

hmm credits are going to harder to get now it seems
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:30
Post #8
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

This one is probably going to be a big HELL NO!, but is there any chance of getting Hath Perks reset so that we can adjust to all the perk changes that has happened over the past few months?
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:30
Post #9
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Level 370 (Godslayer)

Interesting. Will give more feedback later (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:39
Post #10
Red of EHCOVE

Viceroy of Oook & EHCOVE cofounder
Level 365 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Aug 26 2009, 03:18) *

-- Unless you didn't get the hint from the previous points, yes, Montages are intended to be used while you're asleep.

Great! No more hard choices of sleep vs playing (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Because of some unintended feedback loops, credit bonuses have been reduced severely

At first I was surprised, but now I am all for this change. Particularly I didn't like how greed for creds made me ignore other aura benefits, and I actually didn't want to invest in Exp Bonus to get to Credit Bonuses on the skill tree - now I am looking at not 1 but ~4 free points per level (I actually don't want to level fast but to max profs first).

The base rate has also been decreased somewhat, but you probably won't notice unless you check *right now*.

Wo-hoo, and here I thought I'd never see the rate <20 (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Well, it is not anymore after my conversion (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Having a Gold Aura or higher now increases all regen rates by 50%

Cool to see the Gold Aura do something useful in combat (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Any chance for adding a little of the regen boost to bronze and silver, just for consistency sake?

And.... what is the BEASTMASTER (+1 Monster Slots) new training?

EDIT: not that 136 creds is that much, but maybe the recent changes to ability tree could warrant another rest or the reset cost?

This post has been edited by Red_Piotrus: Aug 26 2009, 09:40
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:39
Post #11
Drygone Forever

I'll see you when I see you.
Level 388 (Dovahkiin)

WTF!? No MOAR Cred Bonus!? GODDAMNIT!!!

Now I cunt train anymoar...
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:41
Post #12
greatavatar

Dead Keeper of the Cakes.
Level 384 (Godslayer)

Good update. I expect things to be a lot more interesting now.
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:47
Post #13
gillian

Casual Poster
Level 118 (Lord)

Anyone else notice monsters are hitting harder than before? Not complaining, but would like feedback so I can see if it's my equipment or if it's just normal.
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:47
Post #14
Lunatic2

Veteran Poster
Level 409 (Godslayer)

Tenboro: I was training Luck of the draw lvl2 but thanks to the update it didn't finish and i didn't get my credit back. Can you fix that for me?
Thanks.
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:48
Post #15
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Level 370 (Godslayer)

- The second part of Weapon and Armor proficiency effects have been enabled (the first ones being the fighting style procs). Every point of proficiency decreases Weapon and Armor Burden and Interference by 0.25% and increases the other stats by 0.10%.
For armor and shields, the proficiency used corresponds to the gear type in question.
For weapons, the proficiency used is corresponding to your fighting style. (So if you're dual-wielding, a sword will be boosted by dual-wielding proficiency, but if you wear it with a shield it will be boosted by one-handed.)

Do these changes show up in the equipment statistics box?

EDIT!
- Increased the factor for replaying the same arena more than once a day.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Can't you just be an evil admin and increase it for the 5 people with 2million credits?
At least make the penny pincher hath perks reduce that cost as well?????

This post has been edited by DemonEyesBob: Aug 26 2009, 09:55
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:48
Post #16
killa

is sorta back
Level 264 (Godslayer)

you should be raping that level 14 green slime and lv 11 rabid hamster

but ya i have trouble going past lv 5 grindfest on normal now and past lv 12 on cake
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:49
Post #17
Forth_Lancer

Incognito Bounty Translator
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

ARGH!! no credit bonuses!!
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:50
Post #18
uth

Active Poster
Level 265 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(gillian @ Aug 26 2009, 03:47) *

Anyone else notice monsters are hitting harder than before? Not complaining, but would like feedback so I can see if it's my equipment or if it's just normal.

pretty sure gear got tweaked a bit I have a little more then half as much evade as I had before, so I'm sure some of the mitigation was reduced as well
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:51
Post #19
greatavatar

Dead Keeper of the Cakes.
Level 384 (Godslayer)

Temboro, there's a glitch.

On the trainer, after I had finished training another adept learner, it suddenly links me back to [hv.e-hentai.org] http://hv.e-hentai.org/?s=Character&ss=tr , which doesn't exists anymore.

edit: Oh, and the link to the Character, Training, Abilities, etc on the User Control Panel at the main site doesn't work either.

edit again: Oh, and the link to the Character, Training, Abilities, etc on the User Control Panel at the main site doesn't work either.
Sorry about that. It opens at the HentaiVerse window. My mistake.

This post has been edited by greatavatar: Aug 26 2009, 09:59
+Quote Post

post Aug 26 2009, 09:52
Post #20
Dndestroy

Bored Gamer
Level 324 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(DemonEyesBob @ Aug 26 2009, 09:48) *

Do these changes show up in the equipment statistics box?

They seem to show up on the statistics. Took off all my gear and put em on to see the difference and there's a difference in what's being shown and how much I'm getting, though not a large diff since I'm around that halfway mark myself.
+Quote Post

25 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 19:46