Closed TopicStart new topic
> Feature Revamp: Favorites and Ratings, Make Ratings Great Again

post Mar 22 2016, 13:38
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

清く正しく

Revamped core favorite functionality

While ratings were always common to a gallery chain, favorites were associated with single galleries, meaning that they could point to an older version of a gallery. Favorites are now set for a gallery chain, and will always point to the newest version of the gallery.

Notably, this means that when a previously favorited gallery is updated, it will show up as such on the front/search page, which means that you should be able to keep track of updates much more easily than before.

No more favorite limits

The limit for how many favorites you can store was removed. There is still a limit for how many notes you can store, and the readout on the screen where you add/modify favorites will now show that instead.

The old hath perks for increased favorite limits will now increase the number of notes allowed instead, and were renamed accordingly.

More Favorites I and II were also combined. Note that because of caching, the readout could still be showing the old limit for a day or so if you only had the first one.

Rated gallery indicators

When you rate a gallery, the average rating will now be replaced with your own rating everywhere it appears; that is, on the front/search page, the favorite page, and the gallery page. The average rating will still be displayed below the stars on the gallery page.

The color of the stars will change to indicate that you have rated a gallery. By default, they will change to red for two stars or less, green for 2.5 to 4 stars, and blue for 4.5 and 5 stars.

You can fully customize your preferred color combinations on the settings page.

Sortable favorite times

The system will now remember when you added a gallery to your favorites. This can be used to sort the favorite screen by favorited time instead of the gallery posted date.

This works both in List and Thumbnail Mode. Height grouping is no longer used on the Favorite screen, so the order will be accurate in both modes.

Note also that favorites added prior to a conversion process that happened a few days ago do not have a timestamp for when they were added. These will be using the last updated time of the gallery at the time of the conversion.

Modifying the category or note will not reset the timestamp, removing and re-adding it will.

Better UI interaction

A number of UI tweaks were made to improve some suboptimal behavior with how ratings and favorites are displayed, added and modified.

You can find the full list of changes in the Update Log. Note that these changes touched large parts of the codebase, so let me know if you encounter any weirdness anywhere.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 14:22
Post #2
Fireman22

Regular Poster
Group: Members
Level 391 (Godslayer)

Currently have ~8000 favorites but if i add a new gallery, the amount of favorites is about ~40. Bug or feature? ^ω^
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 14:27
Post #3
Tanabaka

Casual Poster
Level 272 (Godslayer)

Can we please get the option to get a refund on the favorites perks? I spent a whole year to get them and just recently got all three perks. I NEVER use favorite notes so I feel absolutely cheated out of Hath.
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 14:34
Post #4
Dead-ed

Niten = 我が両刀に断てぬもの無し。
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tanabaka @ Mar 22 2016, 05:27) *

Can we please get the option to get a refund on the favorites perks? I spent a whole year to get them and just recently got all three perks. I NEVER use favorite notes so I feel absolutely cheated out of Hath.

*omnomnom*

That's why i favorite the artists instead, by favoriting one of their works as samples. Bookmarking tags works well too. Just giving weird tips.
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 14:45
Post #5
blue penguin

in umbra, igitur, pugnabimus
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Mar 22 2016, 11:38) *
While ratings were always common to a gallery chain, favorites were associated with single galleries, meaning that they could point to an older version of a gallery. Favorites are now set for a gallery chain, and will always point to the newest version of the gallery.
I wanted to ask for this feature some months ago but i created a script instead. I do not need the script anymore, awesome.

The color of the stars will change to indicate that you have rated a gallery. By default, they will change to red for two stars or less, green for 2.5 to 4 stars, and blue for 4.5 and 5 stars.

You can fully customize your preferred color combinations on the settings page.
And this is plain great. The "minimum rating" in the advanced search has a use again. From the *little testing* that i did it takes my own rating instead of the general rating if i have rated a gallery (it might have been a coincidence though)
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 14:48
Post #6
Maximum_Joe

Legendary Poster
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Mar 22 2016, 07:38) *

When you rate a gallery, the average rating will now be replaced with your own rating everywhere it appears; that is, on the front/search page, the favorite page, and the gallery page.

Any option to set this back to the old behaviour? I'd rather see the averages all the time. Thanks.
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 14:58
Post #7
ctxl

バカ
Level 455 (Godslayer)

wew lad, personal rating displays finally implemented three years after I spammed ye olde feature requests thread about it

Didn't expect sorting "beyond the default of descending published date", but that's neat as well.

Gallery chain grouping should also be particularly useful for hiding galleries permanently (i.e. using a favorite category for stuff you never want to see again, and having a userscript hide those; for when there are multiple translations and one is overwhelmingly superior, etc).
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 15:04
Post #8
Tenboro

Admin

清く正しく

QUOTE(blue penguin @ Mar 22 2016, 13:45) *

And this is plain great. The "minimum rating" in the advanced search has a use again. From the *little testing* that i did it takes my own rating instead of the general rating if i have rated a gallery (it might have been a coincidence though)

That would be a coincidence. The minimum rating search relies on a field in the gallery index table and it wouldn't be feasible to substitute the user rating for that.

QUOTE(Tanabaka @ Mar 22 2016, 13:27) *

The internal system for hath perks doesn't currently support refunding/revoking them. What have you lost, exactly?
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 16:34
Post #9
andromeda2010

Active Poster
Level 457 (Godslayer)

So maybe that's why right now when I am adding a favorite it says 0/1000? before I have like more than 500/1000 when adding

This post has been edited by andromeda2010: Mar 22 2016, 16:45
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 17:08
Post #10
robbydax

Newcomer
Level 297 (Godslayer)

I'm really glad to see the improvements to favorites; the whole reason I'd fave anything was just an attempt to track ongoing galleries...
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 17:47
Post #11
svines85

doesn't care unless provoked
Level 157 (Lord)

I guess give it a day or two for any bug type stuff to work itself out? (just talking about the favorites right now)

I am seeing at least one thing that doesn't seem right on my favorites.......when I open any of the separate categories, for this example the specific category has 140 galleries in it, the numbers are saying "showing 1-50 of 1,549", i.e. the total amount of favorites rather than the number in the category. There isn't actually anything there, once I get past page 3.....say I just click on page 4 (of 31 showing at that point) it goes to "no hits found" and ceases giving me the page numbers at all.

Is that how it's supposed to work? It just seems a little odd is all.

This post has been edited by svines85: Mar 22 2016, 17:48
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 17:57
Post #12
Yosh_

Newcomer
Level 144 (Lord)

>Favorites are now set for a gallery chain, and will always point to the newest version of the gallery.
!!
>The limit for how many favorites you can store was removed.
!!!!!!!!
>The system will now remember when you added a gallery to your favorites. This can be used to sort the favorite screen by favorited time instead of the gallery posted date.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenboro for president 2016

I'm a bit sad I used up so much hath for fave spots (it's basically the only thing I used hath for) but the updates are so delicious I forgive you.

This post has been edited by Yosh_: Mar 22 2016, 17:57
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 18:21
Post #13
Tenboro

Admin

清く正しく

QUOTE(svines85 @ Mar 22 2016, 16:47) *

I am seeing at least one thing that doesn't seem right on my favorites.......when I open any of the separate categories, for this example the specific category has 140 galleries in it, the numbers are saying "showing 1-50 of 1,549", i.e. the total amount of favorites rather than the number in the category. There isn't actually anything there, once I get past page 3.....say I just click on page 4 (of 31 showing at that point) it goes to "no hits found" and ceases giving me the page numbers at all.

Definitely a bug. Should be fixed now.
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 18:25
Post #14
elgringo

Liberté, Egalité, Choucroute
Level 367 (Godslayer)

While we're into the Favorites, is there a possibility to:

1/ be able to rename each Favorites folder to whatever we like?
2/ increase the number of folders to, say 20 (so it doubles the existing number) ?
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 18:29
Post #15
uareader

Critter
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

Have the favorites always displayed 50 results by page?
I thought it was 25 like normal gallery browsing.
Maybe it's just me feeling it's unusually high vertically (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

edit @72119194545: No, I have 25 on normal galleries display, and 50 on favorites.And I can't try to change the value to see if it change both, neither or only one, since I don't have those perks in the first place (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by uareader: Mar 22 2016, 18:46
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 18:36
Post #16
Tenboro

Admin

清く正しく

QUOTE(elgringo @ Mar 22 2016, 17:25) *

1/ be able to rename each Favorites folder to whatever we like?
2/ increase the number of folders to, say 20 (so it doubles the existing number) ?

Uhm, you can rename your favorite folders? It's under the "Favorites" section on the setting screen.

As for more flexible folders, the new system supports up to 254 of them per user so it's quite likely that a future update will add just that.
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 18:39
Post #17
notknow

Casual Poster
Level 36 (Journeyman)

Liked the news but if favorites are unlimited I prefer to refund the hath used for them, oh well w/e haha.

Where do I see favorite notes?

Nice update overall.

This post has been edited by notknow: Mar 22 2016, 18:40
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 18:40
Post #18
@43883

Level 500 (Newbie)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Mar 22 2016, 13:04) *
The internal system for hath perks doesn't currently support refunding/revoking them.
Now I have a better understanding of why those pesky aura/HV perks or other perks <insert user here> doesn't use anymore can't be refunded. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks a bunch for the update, boss, great work!
QUOTE(uareader @ Mar 22 2016, 16:29) *
Have the favorites always displayed 50 results by page?
I thought it was 25 like normal gallery browsing.
Maybe it's just me feeling it's unusually high vertically (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
It should still use your current More Pages perk line level, I'm at 200 here.
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 18:40
Post #19
svines85

doesn't care unless provoked
Level 157 (Lord)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Mar 22 2016, 18:21) *

Definitely a bug. Should be fixed now.

Ah, outstanding, yup, it's doing it right now, thanks (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Mar 22 2016, 18:53
Post #20
Tenboro

Admin

清く正しく

QUOTE(72119194545 @ Mar 22 2016, 17:40) *

Now I have a better understanding of why those pesky aura/HV perks or other perks <insert user here> doesn't use anymore can't be refunded. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yeah, the system works, but it's really quite crusty. To support refunds it can't just zero out whatever it changed, it would also have to be able to revert to the state of prerequisite perks, and adding that to the current one would be too much of a pain. I'm planning on revamping it as part of a larger project, and at that point you'd probably be able to get a partial refund (to prevent people just buying and refunding perks as they want to use them), but that's still some ways off.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 16:32