8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.2.1

post May 6 2009, 11:31
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Core System

- Added a new experimental font layout engine to reduce the number of static images the system has to pull. For now it is used in the sidebar, on the main character screen, in some battle page messages, as well as on the arena challenge page. Let me know if you encounter any display oddities with this font engine.

- Values in the sidebar should now be number formatted

- Fire/Cold/Elec/Wind/Dark/Holy proficiency have been replaced with Elemental, Deprecating, Supportive, Curative, Divine and Forbidden magic proficiencies.

Old proficiencies have been converted as follows: the four "elemental proficiencies" have been summed together as Elemental, while Holy has been added to Curative. The other four classes of spells have either not been gaining any proficiency until now, or are for spells that aren't yet available to anyone.

- Made the old Easy mode somewhat harder, and increased its EXP rate

- Added a new difficulty mode below Easy

Battle Stuff

- Overcharge will now increase the power of your normal attack by half the current charge level.

- Reduced the variance on the spirit attack. It will now always do at least half the damage as determined by your overcharge, but the maximum damage has been reduced.

- Elemental rating no longer increases the duration of procs. This is now only calculated from proficiency and magic rating. It still affects the power of the applied buff.

- The effect on magic rating for self spell duration has been decreased

- The effect on magic rating for deprecating spell duration has been increased (rather, now affects it, at the same rate as self spells)

- Damage calculations for monster skills have been rewritten. (This was especially broken for mobs that used attacks that consumed spirit points.)

- Fixed a bug in the calculation for applied debuffs on monsters that caused the effect of stat debuffs to be multiplied by a damage roll. Damage rolls should now only be applied to DoTs.

- Increased the effect of some stat debuffs

- Increased the effect of Haste

- Adjusted the base durations for some of the tactical spells

- Reduced magic resistances and spirit power on the legendary mobs

- Final blows now show the actual damage dealt instead of the final damage applied, which was capped to the target's current HP

- Increased item drop rate and item drop quality on boss mobs and legendary mobs. Legendary mobs should now always drop an item, and it should usually be a good one (depending on your level).

- Changed the monster composition below level 40 for random encounters

- Reduced the chance of encountering legendaries

- You should no longer encounter legendaries on Easy and below in the grindfest.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 11:36
Post #2
Cumsprite

An Italian Pervert
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 233 (Lord)

First reply!!

That's all really cool. Expecially:

- Made the old Easy mode somewhat harder, and increased its EXP rate

- Added a new difficulty mode below Easy

- Overcharge will now increase the power of your normal attack by half the current charge level.
(I'm going to test out this one soon)

- Increased item drop rate and item drop quality on boss mobs and legendary mobs. Legendary mobs should now always drop an item, and it should usually be a good one (depending on your level).

This post has been edited by Corvo80: May 6 2009, 11:55
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 11:38
Post #3
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

Umm, I'm clicking on Continue Grindfest and nothing is happening now.

I can move on to the next round if I click Battle at the top but that's the only way right now.

This post has been edited by cptkleenex: May 6 2009, 11:39
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 11:41
Post #4
YoungHickory

Easter Egg Beta Champion (Semi-casual division)
Level 264 (Lord)

Thumbs up, sir. Thumbs up on the speedups. The new graphics work so very, very well.

I'll give the new balance a good workout though, as always.
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 11:43
Post #5
Cyriel

Original Pentacat
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 251 (Destined)

(IMG:[i201.photobucket.com] http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa275/Hadielx2/newstuffies.png)

Sexy :3
text looks somewhat more antialiased. Bit of a Snes display coating if you will.

EDIT: the continue grindfest button doesn't seem to work for me.
Only way i could go on was click battle in the tabs. Tabs also don't unfold anymore on mouseover.

EDIT2: seems random. Worked fine in round 6.

This post has been edited by Cyriel: May 6 2009, 11:49
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 11:44
Post #6
Honeycat

Extra Hissy
Level 500 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cptkleenex @ May 6 2009, 02:38) *

I can move on to the next round if I click Battle at the top but that's the only way right now.

I just got that, too.

And about the font size. The numbers in the HP, MP and SP boxes are huge while the monster names in their boxes are kinda small and hard to see.
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 11:46
Post #7
Alpha 7

Cleanupのゴジラ
Level 336 (Destined)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ May 6 2009, 04:31) *

- Added a new experimental font layout engine to reduce the number of static images the system has to pull. For now it is used in the sidebar, on the main character screen, in some battle page messages, as well as on the arena challenge page. Let me know if you encounter any display oddities with this font engine.

Which monsters are the boss monsters?

and the first display glitch....

scrolling on the Main Charcater screen causes the long underlines and the Increases to go up or down but the text stays in place.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Alpha 7: May 6 2009, 11:50
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 11:49
Post #8
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

Curious, is there a chance we could ever see a "Defend" option? Sometimes I'd like to just take the monsters down to like one and let those Draught/Potions do their thing before I go to the next round or maybe defend while my Regen works a bit.
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 11:50
Post #9
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(cptkleenex @ May 6 2009, 11:38) *

Hmm, guess I did make some changes to the javascript that weren't just slight text changes. I've versioned it, so it should pull the new one now.

QUOTE(Tenseigamoon @ May 6 2009, 11:44) *

And about the font size. The numbers in the HP, MP and SP boxes are huge while the monster names in their boxes are kinda small and hard to see.

The vitals used to use an 11-pt font, but I couldn't be arsed to make more than a 10-pt and a 12-pt font map, so they're a bit bigger than before. As for the monsters, that's about as big a font as I could fit in there without it looking weird.

QUOTE(Alpha 7 @ May 6 2009, 11:46) *

Which monsters are the boss monsters?

The cow, manthra, hedgehog, mind raper and canadian.

scrolling on the Main Charcater screen causes the long underlines and the Increases to go up or down but the text stays in place.

IE isn't yet supported, and IE below 8 will never be. I currently test the HentaiVerse in Firefox 3 and Webkit (Chrome/Safari).
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 12:00
Post #10
Cyriel

Original Pentacat
Level 251 (Destined)

Fully functional (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The new font looks much better than the old one, albeit a bit bigger. takes getting used to but zomg eyecandies.
And the new "overcharge = rage" thing works wonderfully ^^

EDIT: Erm. Is the separate elemental proficiency still calculated separately for each respective element? just wondering because if it's not, the aura upgrades would be more or less pointless (as in, all add towards the same pool)

This post has been edited by Cyriel: May 6 2009, 12:02
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 12:05
Post #11
Ebil☆Panda

PanPan
Level 371 (Godslayer)

BoOoOo~
so cruel

(IMG:[i176.photobucket.com] http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/therightstuf/E-H%20games/wtf-1.png)

edit: and i died

This post has been edited by Ebil☆Panda: May 6 2009, 12:07
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 12:16
Post #12
TheBigR

Not just a small R
Level 162 (Ascended)

Much approval (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Out of curiosity does shield count under supportive magic proficiency?
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 12:18
Post #13
noahbody

The Insane Ruler of Chaosland.
Group: Members
Level 90 (Hero)

QUOTE(Ebil☆Panda @ May 6 2009, 03:05) *

edit: and i died

I know what you mean... I've been dying way more often. I can only go to a max of 51.7% of the max grindfest I could achieve before.

EDIT: I like the increased attack output from Overcharge.

This post has been edited by noahbody: May 6 2009, 12:19
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 12:18
Post #14
Alpha 7

Cleanupのゴジラ
Level 336 (Destined)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ May 6 2009, 04:50) *

IE isn't yet supported, and IE below 8 will never be. I currently test the HentaiVerse in Firefox 3 and Webkit (Chrome/Safari).

Before this update, IE 7 was working fine, except for the known glitch of the Elemental Rating being under the Derived Attributes numbers on the Main Screen. Now, I started a GrindFest, which previously worked fine, and now GrindFest is a complete layout disaster, and there is no action box anywhere. Well, I refreshed teh page and the Action Box came back and I was able to use a spell but, the Actruionb Box then vanished and when I refreshed it came back and automatically repeated my last action. I managed to win with multiple refreshes, and then fled. It seems whenever I mouseover a spell name, the action box suddenly disappears.

Basically, HV 0.2.0 and earlier was highly-compatible with IE 7. HV 0.2.1 has broken the battle system in IE 7.

Attached Image

Edit:

The above picture was from a normal browser window spawned from my sig link to HV. After the GrindFest, I closed the window and waited for my hourly battle, and then used the banner portal link to HV and was trapped in the un-resizable browser window that normal pops-up and the monster box was "off-screen" leaving me completely unable to battle.

Okay, I closed the portal window, and spawned a window from my link and was able to battle, and did confirm that the Action box disappears whenever I mouseover anywhere near the spell or report boxes.

Digging deeper, the Training and Item windows are fine, It seems anything that replaced the word pictures with the new Font has broken in IE 7. The sidebar does display fine.

This post has been edited by Alpha 7: May 6 2009, 12:57
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 12:25
Post #15
Ebil☆Panda

PanPan
Level 371 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(noahbody @ May 6 2009, 06:18) *

I know what you mean... I've been dying way more often. I can only go to a max of 51.7% of the max grindfest I could achieve before.

EDIT: I like the increased attack output from Overcharge.

that was my hourly battle tho =<
i wouldn't have said anything if i were in grindfest
wasn't there a limit on how many monsters can show up during the event battles?
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 12:27
Post #16
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

I'll be throttling back off of Nightmare for hourly battles for a while until I get a feel for it. Well that and my Regen has been taken from lasting 20 turns to 10 so that changes hour battles and my approach to the arena.

Fuck that! Nevermind I'm heading back to normal for the time being. I got 3 turn raped on Heroic so that does not bode well for me any longer.

This post has been edited by cptkleenex: May 6 2009, 12:35
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 12:54
Post #17
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Cyriel @ May 6 2009, 12:00) *

EDIT: Erm. Is the separate elemental proficiency still calculated separately for each respective element? just wondering because if it's not, the aura upgrades would be more or less pointless (as in, all add towards the same pool)

The elemental spells are still calculated using their respective elemental ratings. Only now, (for example) Fireball is calculated from Elemental proficiency and Fire rating while Windblast is calculated from Elemental proficiency and Wind rating.

QUOTE(TheBigR @ May 6 2009, 12:16) *

Out of curiosity does shield count under supportive magic proficiency?

Yes.

QUOTE(Alpha 7 @ May 6 2009, 12:18) *

Before this update, IE 7 was working fine, except for the known glitch of the Elemental Rating being under the Derived Attributes numbers on the Main Screen. Now, I started a GrindFest, which previously worked fine, and now GrindFest is a complete layout disaster, and there is no action box anywhere. Well, I refreshed teh page and the Action Box came back and I was able to use a spell but, the Actruionb Box then vanished and when I refreshed it came back and automatically repeated my last action. I managed to win with multiple refreshes, and then fled. It seems whenever I mouseover a spell name, the action box suddenly disappears

It was still not supported, even if it worked.
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 13:03
Post #18
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Level 370 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cptkleenex @ May 6 2009, 06:27) *
I'll be throttling back off of Nightmare for hourly battles for a while until I get a feel for it. Well that and my Regen has been taken from lasting 20 turns to 10 so that changes hour battles and my approach to the arena.

Fuck that! Nevermind I'm heading back to normal for the time being. I got 3 turn raped on Heroic so that does not bode well for me any longer.

I know what you mean :\

0/4 battles now.
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 13:31
Post #19
Ebil☆Panda

PanPan
Level 371 (Godslayer)

23 7 You gain 72 Credits!
23 6 You gain 2661.98 EXP!
23 5 Tentacle Monster dropped [Lesser Spirit Draught]
23 4 Amphibious Sperm Whale dropped [Crude Health Potion]
23 3 You are Victorious!

0 6 Spawned Monster E: MID=10 (Blue Slime) LV=83 HP=761 MP=165 SP=41 NA=91 Type=hostile
0 5 Spawned Monster D: MID=25 (Mutant Peacock) LV=85 HP=890 MP=152 SP=46 NA=86 Type=hostile
0 4 Spawned Monster C: MID=2 (Tentacle Monster) LV=85 HP=786 MP=195 SP=49 NA=91 Type=hostile
0 3 Spawned Monster B: MID=26 (Amphibious Sperm Whale) LV=85 HP=890 MP=152 SP=46 NA=86 Type=hostile
0 2 Spawned Monster A: MID=9 (Cookie Monster) LV=88 HP=803 MP=201 SP=49 NA=90 Type=hostile
0 1 Initializing random encounter ...
0 0 Battle Start!

on normal
used shield, haste, shadow vial, and cure
2 godly health potions killed
1 godly mana potion killed

i don't like the changes
+Quote Post

post May 6 2009, 13:44
Post #20
TheBigR

Not just a small R
Level 162 (Ascended)

The difficulty of hourly battles has certainly shot up. Ive won everyone but Ive had nothing left to go to GF like before (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

*Edit*

After multiple battles constantly using shield the supportive proficiency hasnt risen at all? At what rate does this rise?

This post has been edited by TheBigR: May 6 2009, 14:46
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 21:35