> HentaiVerse 0.2.0

post Apr 26 2009, 10:31
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Core System

- Modified derived attribute calculation for the following stats:
CODE

Attack Rating  (1 + STR + DEX)                  => (1 + STR + DEX * 0.75 + AGI * 0.25)
Shield Rating  (1 + STR / 3 + DEX / 4 + END)    => (1 + STR * 0.5 + DEX * 0.25 + AGI * 0.25 + END)
Magic Rating   (1 + INT + WIS / 2)              => (1 + INT * 1.5 + WIS * 0.5)
Barrier Rating (1 + END / 2 + WIS)              => (1 + END * 1.5 + WIS * 0.5)
Health Points  (50 + LEVEL * 5 + STR + END * 3) => (50 + LEVEL * 5 + STR + END * 4)
Health Regen   (4 + END / 10)                   => (5 + END / 10)
Magic Points   (5 + LEVEL * 2 + INT / 2 + WIS)  => (10 + LEVEL + INT * 0.25 + WIS * 0.75)
Magic Regen    (1 + WIS / 40)                   => (1 + WIS / 50)

The first four was primarily a balance chance, to make AGI more relevant, and to make the four derived stats equal if you have the same amount of points in all the primary stats.

The last four was primarily to allow a chance to the magic cost curve, while also making HP and MP start out and regen at the same rate given the same amount of points.

- Adjusted the Challenge Levels to have a slightly less steep difficulty curve

Items

- The item system has been implemented.

- 59 consumable items have been added to the system

- 20 artifact items have been added to the system

- Monsters will now randomly drop items. The quality and drop rate depends on several factors, including the difficulty level, how challenging the monster is, and (for arena challenges and the grindfest mode) how far into the challenge you are (the loot quality increases for each round).

- An item will now be awarded when you clear an arena challenge. The quality of the item depends on the difficulty level and how high level the arena challenge itself is.

All dropped and obtained items go to the normal item inventory. Note that to use items in battle, you must first move them from this inventory, which has hassle-free unobtrusive unlimited storage for up to 99,999,999 of each item, to your battle inventory, which doesn't. This is done from the Item subscreen.

The battle inventory is initially limited to three slots that can each hold a single item (no stacking). There are two ways of increasing the size of this inventory:
- Obtaining the "Item Slots" abilities will increase the size by one slot per tier.
- Training "Pack Rat" will increase the size by one slot per level.

Also note that the item shop hasn't opened yet, so you are currently limited to items you have won from battles.

Abilities

- Removed the dependencies from Health Tank -> Magic Tank and Magic Tank -> Spirit Tank

- Changed Health/Magic/Spirit Tank from 2% to 3% per point, and reduced the maximum number of points per rank from 5 to 3

(Because of this change, all points put in the tanks have been reset.)

Battle Stuff

- Increased EXP and credit rewards for boss and legendary monsters by a factor of half their HP boost (so a typical boss monster with a 100% HP mod will give 50% more exp/credits)

- Increased the monster power scaling factor for overall credits won from battles from /200 to /120

- The difficulty exp factor is now also applied for credits, so monsters will give x0.5 credits on Easy but 4x credits on Battletoads. This does not affect arena clear bonuses.

- When playing in the Arena and the Grindfest, you now have a change to trigger the effect "Second Wind" at the end of each round. This effect will randomly restore 25% health, mana or spirit.

- Active status effects now carry between rounds in the Arena and the Grindfest.

- Fixed a bug where the battle log sometimes claimed that the wrong effect had expired.

Magic

- "Base" magic points for the purpose of MP cost scaling has been changed from LEVEL * 2 to just LEVEL.

Together with the magic point change this will enable you to increase your effective MP pool through INT/WIS by about 2 for every 1 point increase in cost, up from about 1.5 for every 1 point increase.

- All percentage-based curative effects and regens except for Second Wind now use base vitals, excluding the tank abilities

- Reduced MP cost for single-target offensive spells by 30-50%, to better balance their power/cost against AoEs.

- Reduced MP cost for some tactical spells by up to 60%

- Reduced the cast time by 0.2 for tier 1 single-target spells and 0.1 for higher-tier single-target spells

- Adjusted spell damage so that single-target spells all have the same MP cost/damage ratio. Higher-tier spells instead have slightly longer cast times to reflect their increased chance of proccing their negative effects.

- AoE spells now consistently have 0.4 higher cast time than single target spells (used to be 0.1-0.4)

- AoE spells now consistently do 2/3rd the damage of the same tier single-target spell, instead of the previous 0.4 spell coefficient reduction. They also do 50% more damage against the targeted monster. Effectively, this means that the targeted monster gets as much damage as it would have with a single-target spell.

- AoE spells now have somewhat lower MP cost to reflect the relative increase in cast time and decrease in damage

- Sleep now also reduces the target's evade/resist chance by 100%

- Most magic spells now have a description.

- All status effects now have a description.

Healer

- Reduced cost for healing health by 25%
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 10:33
Post #2
Cumsprite

An Italian Pervert
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 233 (Lord)

first! (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

These are really hot news. For me, in particular the item system and the second wind thing. Now my battle arena challenges are going to me a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks big boss!!

This post has been edited by Corvo80: Apr 26 2009, 10:45
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 10:38
Post #3
r3dd0ssal

Elite Poster
Level 370 (Godslayer)

WOO WOO!!!!

Thanks Tenb (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Every change and improvement is appreciated (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

edit: @Corvo: Jackass >:P

edit2:
When playing in the Arena and the Grindfest, you now have a chance to trigger the effect "Second Wind" at the end of each round. This effect will randomly restore 25% health, mana or spirit.

edit3:
- Sleep now also reduces the target's evade/resist chance by 100%

ROFL. I love you Tenb. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

edit4: Possible item?: increases chance of getting better/rare items (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

edit5: Did monster strengths increase with this?

This post has been edited by DemonEyesBob: Apr 26 2009, 10:52
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 10:42
Post #4
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

Wow, the effectiveness of cure has been smacked in the face. I've got a holy proficiency of 30+ and that thing barely gets me half now. All I can say is Oh Sh--
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 10:47
Post #5
jarald

I'm going slightly mad...
Level 137 (Ascended)

Alright. The second wind bit has my interest. I've also noticed that some lines in battle feedback are bold - things like defeated mobs and magic prof increases. Thanks!
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 10:49
Post #6
TheBigR

Not just a small R
Level 162 (Ascended)

This would be the reason my stats have been gimped so badly.

The best news is harder enemies give more exp. That was my only complaint and now its been answered. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 10:59
Post #7
Ebil☆Panda

PanPan
Level 371 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cptkleenex @ Apr 26 2009, 04:42) *

Wow, the effectiveness of cure has been smacked in the face. I've got a holy proficiency of 30+ and that thing barely gets me half now. All I can say is Oh Sh--

yeh, that really sucks (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
it's great that it's about half the cost per casting, but it's taking me 3 castings just to get full now

glad that i can finally use the other spells tho (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:02
Post #8
noahbody

The Insane Ruler of Chaosland.
Group: Members
Level 90 (Hero)

+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:13
Post #9
Alpha 7

Cleanupのゴジラ
Level 336 (Destined)

Bug: On the Character > Items page under the Battle Inventory, all 4 pictures that won't load. I moved the Item I got in Grindfest and the Item name picture replaced 1 of the x'ed-out pictures but, the other three load fails remain.

Good. For me and the ones begging for a do-over on picking Abilities, we say, "Yay!" The reset that removed all tick marks from the Tanks allowed me to tweak my character to take advantage of the lower MP costs. It seems other tweaks gave me the same or near same HP now without the HP Tanks as with them before.

Good, Second Wind occured twice in 5 Rounds of Grindfest. With its help I reached Round 6 for teh first time (and fled). My previous best was Round 4.

Not so good. Using Bold on the battle text makes it blurry. It looks like something was rubber stamped with way too much ink on the stamp. I can still read it but, all the holes in the letters are filled-in.

Probably not important enough to matter but, I still can't use [ Sakura Chuuu! ♥~♥~♥ ] as my Spirit Attack. I still get a white page with Invaild character sequence. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by Alpha 7: Apr 26 2009, 11:55
+Quote Post

Post #10
Msgr. Radixius

If Your Crotch Don't Tingle, It Ain't Based
Level 257 (Ascended)

Well, this effectively improved the system.

(IMG:[i7.photobucket.com] http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/houseofgas/greatjob.jpg)
+Quote Post

Post #11
Sonic

Assassin Chef
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 482 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(cptkleenex @ Apr 26 2009, 04:42) *

The description seems to hint that there might be more powerful heal spells down the road. And if you combine Cure with a Heal Potion, it could very powerful.

And thanks Tenboro for the highlight in the battle log. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:18
Post #12
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(Alpha 7 @ Apr 26 2009, 11:13) *

Bug: On the Character > Items page under the Battle Inventory, all 4 pictures that won't load. I moved the Item I got in Grindfest and the Item name picture replaced 1 of the x'ed-out pictures but, the other three load fails remain.

What images are that? Try holding shift and hitting the reload button.

Not so good. Using Bold on the battle text makes it blurry. It looks like something was rubber stamped with way too much ink on the stamp. I can still read it but, all the holes in the letters are filled-in.

I noticed that the Webkit rendering engine uses a pretty weird font as the "fantasy" family, it's something I'll address as I start supporting other browsers than Firefox.
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:22
Post #13
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

After playing around with it battles are definitely more strategic and the item addition is real nice. And while I'm sure there are some way awesome items down the line, it is rather reassuring to have already gotten a Godly Health Draught & Godly Mana Draught. This is the stuff of addictions children.
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:25
Post #14
bladejtr

The Goddess of Loot and Harvest?
Level 114 (Ascended)

I only have crude and lesser junk, damn it.
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:27
Post #15
niagatrats

Active Poster
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 377 (Godslayer)

I overall approve of these upgrades (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Supportive status effects carrying over and lower mana costs are good.

Reduced effectiveness of heal not so good.

Are there plans to make any of the aura's affect holy elemental rating like with fire/ice/wind/elec? For example maybe the white aura or rainbow aura?

This post has been edited by niagatrats: Apr 26 2009, 11:28
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:35
Post #16
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

I'll have to have others chime in on this one but it does seem aside of the fact I do a bit less damage than before, the frequency with which I miss has increased. I'd venture a guess it's been 35-50% miss rate at this point with some streaks of like 6 misses in a row. I would think with a DEX of 71 and AGI of 70 I'd be at least decent in that category.
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:42
Post #17
Ebil☆Panda

PanPan
Level 371 (Godslayer)

definitely a change in damage output
which was one of the first things i noticed since i was 2hkoing monsters on grindfest (easy) but now they all usually take 3+
not sure about the missing, since i always seemed to miss alot
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:43
Post #18
Cumsprite

An Italian Pervert
Level 233 (Lord)

I just leveled up to 18th and didn't get my ability point... is that a bug of some sort?
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 11:44
Post #19
Tenboro

Admin

QUOTE(cptkleenex @ Apr 26 2009, 11:35) *

I'll have to have others chime in on this one but it does seem aside of the fact I do a bit less damage than before, the frequency with which I miss has increased. I'd venture a guess it's been 35-50% miss rate at this point with some streaks of like 6 misses in a row. I would think with a DEX of 71 and AGI of 70 I'd be at least decent in that category.

Well your hit rate depends on the AGI/DEX on the monster you're fighting, but unless you're fighting a particularly strong monster it shouldn't really go below 85%. That said, unlucky streaks do occur, but they're not coded, just a fact of life.
+Quote Post

post Apr 26 2009, 12:02
Post #20
cptkleenex

Level 304 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Tenboro @ Apr 26 2009, 04:44) *

Well your hit rate depends on the AGI/DEX on the monster you're fighting, but unless you're fighting a particularly strong monster it shouldn't really go below 85%. That said, unlucky streaks do occur, but they're not coded, just a fact of life.

I just went through a 9 round grindfest and found that my miss rate that time through was a 9%. It's obvious though that some monsters are just more dodgy than others (IE ghosts). So I guess I just hit a streak of a lot of ghost, slimes and mantitcores during that slump.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 22:29