87 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HentaiVerse 0.77, Free* Fluffle Puff DLC Included

post Sep 14 2013, 13:11
Post #1
Tenboro

Admin

Core Player State Handling

HV has now switched over to use Cassandra for the internal player-state handling. This should be relatively transparent, but it does have the side effect that Stamina was reset to max for everyone. Yay?

Note that this is the first live use of Cassandra in our infrastructure, so please report any "weirdness", particularly stuff like battles disappearing/reseting/rolling back.

Resist Mechanics Modifications

The way resist works has been changed for all offensive magic. Instead of being a binary on/off factor, it now functions as a chance at a tiered damage reduction.

Every time a player or monster casts an offensive spell, the system will do three separate rolls for resist. The damage reduction is increased with every successful roll.

Zero successful rolls will (obviously) not reduce damage. One successful roll decreases received damage by 50%, increasing to 75% and 90% for two and three successful rolls.

In other words, resist can no longer fully mitigate the effects of an offensive spell.

Note that the resist mechanics for other spells has not changed.

Peerless Gear

Equipment can now drop in a new, extremely rare "Peerless" quality. This is similar to Legendary as far as max stats go, but they are guaranteed to always have all stats maxed, as well as to have a prefix and all possible attribute bonuses. Essentially, if you get a Peerless Fuzzy Staff of the Badger, that will be the best possible Fuzzy Staff of the Badger obtainable.

Unlike "normal" quality ranges, Peerless is not quality range you get by rolling high enough stats; rather, it is a separate roll using a specific "peerless chance". As such, the chance of getting a Peerless drop does not depend on normal quality modifiers outside of difficulty level. On normal, it is literally a one in a million drop, while being somewhat more common at higher difficulties.

Also note that Snowflake treats all trophies the same when it comes to Peerless chance, so a Noodle and a MBP Tail have the same (low) chance of dropping one.

The Lottery

The previously promised Evil GP Sink has now been added, in form of the Lottery, which can now be found in the Bazaar.

Every day, a new weapon of magnificent to legendary status will be generated and put up as the grand prize. You buy tickets in the lottery for 1000 GP each, and at the end of the day (corresponding with the dawn event), a winning ticket is randomly picked.

In addition to the grand prize, 50% of the total GP entered will be shared between four more winners, at a 20/15/10/5% ratio. However, you can only win one of the prizes no matter how many tickets you hold, so if one person buys a thousand tickets and four more buy one each, all five are guaranteed a prize.

Occasionally, the Lottery will generate a Peerless Weapon as its grand prize, so keep an eye out for those.

Potency tweaks

- Two new 1H/2H weapon potencies were added: Fatality (+attack crit damage) and Overpower (+counter-parry).

- Three new staff potencies were added: Spellweaver (+cast speed), Annihilator (+spell crit damage) and Penetration (+counter-resist).

- The primary attribute potencies were retired. Note that they will eventually be removed.

Equipment drop tweaks

- Gossamer Armor was rolled into Cottom Armor. These combine the best stats of Gossamer and Cloth (+physical/magical mitigation [8,16], +spell accuracy [2,6] and +evade [4,12]), and also adds in +resist [2,5] and +attack accuracy [1,5], but no longer drop with +DEX. They drop in the same variants as the old Gossamer, in addition to Protection/Warding.

- Phase Armor no longer drops with +DEX, but now have +attack accuracy [1,5] and +resist [2,5].

- Scythe was rolled into Longsword. The new weapon is basically the old Scythe (+damage [30,60], +crit [30,60] and +burden [50,30]), with higher +attack accuracy [5,15], +DEX [12,25] and +AGI [4,10], but with slightly higher +interference [30,15].

- Katanas now have slightly higher +damage [30,50] and +attack accuracy [15, 35], lower +burden [40,20], and higher +DEX [12,25] and +AGI [4,10].

- Mace now have slightly higher +DEX [10,20] and +AGI [4,10], as well as somewhat higher +attack accuracy [7,15].

- Tower Shields were retired and rolled into Kite Shields, which now have the protection stats of Tower (+physical/magical mitigation [5,12] and +block [15,25]), as well as the +burden/interference [25,15] of Kite, but no longer drops in the "Barrier" variant.

- A new shield type, Force Shields, was added. These have the highest +block [20,30] of any shield type, +physical/magical mitigation [5,12] equal to Kite Shields, and +burden [10,4] comparable to Bucklers, but a very high +interference [60,40]. Like rare armor, it also requires a special component to upgrade in the forge.

- Power Armor now always drop with a +crit damage [5,10] modifier. They still drop with the Savage prefix, which increases this modifier.

- The number of equipment tiers was reduced from 3 to 2, one "common" and one "rare". The rare tier consists of katana, wakizashi, katalox staffs, phase armor, shade armor, power armor and force shields. Everything else is now "common".

- The "Fine" equipment quality was retired. Equipment quality ranges were adjusted for this.

Specific Mitigation

- Max specific mitigation reduction from Imperil was reduced to 40 percentage points for elemental and 25 percentage points for holy/dark.

- Max specific mitigation reduction from Proficiency was increased by 25 percentage points, to 50pp.
-- The proficiency factor used here, which is linear from 0 to 1, is now scaled exponentially to the power of 1.5. For example;
-- A low factor of say 0.2 (120 prof against level 100 monster) will give a ~4.5pp decrease compared to 5pp before
-- A high factor of say 0.9 (190 prof against level 100 monster) will give a ~42.7pp decrease compared to 22.5pp before.

- Debuffs and negative stat modifiers can no longer reduce stats below 0, or reduced them further if the stat is already negative. This primarily affects specific mitigation.

- Scan now shows actual mitigation values instead of lumping elements into weak/strong/impervious.

Misc

- We have added a consequence for failure. When defeated, your mana and spirit will now be fully depleted.

- A new difficulty level was added. While base monster health is the same as on IWBTH, the new one increases the damage and max level of encountered monsters, and gives them certain bonuses:
-- Monsters do all actions in 75% of the usual time
-- Monsters get +50% health/mana regen and have a higher chance to use skills/magic attacks
-- Monsters have an additional +10% resist/parry

- Five new Hath Perks were added, one for each magic proficiency. These will increase the effective proficiency in question by 10% of the base natural proficiency.

- Artifacts now give 1000 crystals per pop, but are no longer affected by the Crystarium perks.

- Stunned targets can no longer parry.

- When an equipment piece has reached max level, it no longer shows up in the Item World.

- "First-Round" riddlemasters now appear randomly instead of 100%. They also now give the standard time bonus heal of normal riddlemasters.

- Hovering over equipment stats on the equipment popup and in the forge and lottery will now display the base (level 0) value for the stat.

- Hitting spacebar to offer Snowflake additional items now works in Chrome.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:12
Post #2
SoraNoAki

A distant sky.
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 402 (Godslayer)

- Artifacts now give 1000 crystals per pop, but are no longer affected by the Crystarium perks.

Peerless Gear
wooooooooooooooooo!

Edit: Nice, a new difficulty, I was waiting for this because it was kinda getting boring on IWTBH. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Does this difficulty grand some extra bonus in drop terms, or only in xp?

Ah I see, extra crystals for one, 3x crystal drop. ^^

Man I love this upgrade! It's very refreshing!

Nobody, look under the tabs its in hv.

This post has been edited by SoraNoAki: Sep 14 2013, 13:20
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:17
Post #3
nobody_xxx

((´☻ω☻`) $◞౪◟$ (´☻ω☻`))
Level 496 (Godslayer)

i was trapped in DwD before 0.77 release now i need tommorow to do DwD (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

still confuse about lottery , where to trade it (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

This post has been edited by nobody_xxx: Sep 14 2013, 13:19
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:20
Post #4
VriskaSerket

Veteran Poster
Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Godslayer)

0.77! finally! yay!
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:23
Post #5
idkidk2

EWGF <3
Group: Members
Level 485 (Dovahkiin)

This is probably the most awesome update i've seen (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:23
Post #6
StonyCat

Retired
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

QUOTE(nobody_xxx @ Sep 14 2013, 19:17) *

i was trapped in DwD before 0.77 release now i need tommorow to do DwD (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

still confuse about lottery , where to trade it (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Bazaar => The Lottery
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:25
Post #7
erwtsnert

Just passing by
Level 454 (Godslayer)

And suddenly the GP price skyrocketed.

Time to fill my pockets
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:26
Post #8
Teana Lanster

Phantom Blazer
Level 500 (Godslayer)

It comes lol
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:26
Post #9
nobody_xxx

((´☻ω☻`) $◞౪◟$ (´☻ω☻`))
Level 496 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(StonyCat @ Sep 14 2013, 19:23) *

Bazaar => The Lottery

thx stony (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

still try new difficulty in marathons , i wanna try IW later on to see how much PxP mod (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

i should buy alot of GP before (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

wanna donate some of your GP , stony (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/duck.gif)

This post has been edited by nobody_xxx: Sep 14 2013, 13:27
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:28
Post #10
Lement

Lalalala la~ la la~!
Level 326 (Godslayer)

Notes:
I expect peerless rate to be about 1 to 150 legendaries. A staff peerless would be less than 1 in 1000 legendaries.

I predict rise in price for phase with DEX, as well as tower shields of the barrier. But decrease in price of shields in general due their lower rarity now.

I predict a rise in hath and light armor prices in general, as well as mage gear prices, despite the imperil nerf. However, gossamer will remain worthless.

GP price will rise briefly, then fall back down.

This post has been edited by Lement: Sep 14 2013, 13:29
+Quote Post

Post #11
FAhentai

Active Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

where is the mastery point reset?
+Quote Post

Post #12
Ichy

~ Loli Trainer ~
Level 500 (Dovahkiin)

one word: Nice (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:29
Post #13
erwtsnert

Just passing by
Level 454 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Lement @ Sep 14 2013, 13:28) *

Notes:
GP price will rise briefly, then fall back down.

Except on days the lottery generates ridiculous equipment.
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:30
Post #14
SoraNoAki

A distant sky.
Level 402 (Godslayer)

Aw when you die you now lose all your health, mana and spirit. x)
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:31
Post #15
nobody_xxx

((´☻ω☻`) $◞౪◟$ (´☻ω☻`))
Level 496 (Godslayer)

@tenB

new difficulty don't increase credits drop (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

i feel same credits drop with IWBTH ( those konata n friends still drop same range Cr for me ) (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:31
Post #16
Annsomni

Pervert
Level 256 (Godslayer)

almost 30k sold tickets (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I have GP for 1 ticket

Anyway, nice update : )
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:33
Post #17
Lement

Lalalala la~ la la~!
Level 326 (Godslayer)

Mouseover base value showing now in-game is AWESOME addition.
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:33
Post #18
n125

Elite Poster
Level 500 (Godslayer)

Just when I thought I was finished with collecting hath for the foreseeable future... (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) (That was really quick, Lement. (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif))

I don't really feel weaker from the Imperil and specific mitigation nerfs, so I guess that's a good thing.

I don't think I like the removal of Dexterity from phase. It wasn't the most sought-after PAB, but it did contribute to Parry, which was nice. +attack accuracy (which I assume means Physical Attack Accuracy) seems even less desirable, as does +resist, although the latter might have some utility on the new difficulty.

Thanks for the update.

This post has been edited by n125: Sep 14 2013, 13:38
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:35
Post #19
nobody_xxx

((´☻ω☻`) $◞౪◟$ (´☻ω☻`))
Level 496 (Godslayer)

1 think in my mind , is worthy this new potency to get replace 4PAB weapon (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

i like Bc & SS
+Quote Post

post Sep 14 2013, 13:39
Post #20
thomas6749

Newcomer
Level 282 (Godslayer)

I love those changes.
+Quote Post

87 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:28