Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PSY Appears as Violent Rapist in Japanese Comic Book, South Koreans Enraged

post Dec 27 2012, 16:33
Post #1
bitcomet

Newcomer
Group: Members
Level 20 (Apprentice)

(IMG:[sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com] http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/718a1e95.jpg?w=450&h=686)

While Gangnam Style never took off in Japan many people in the country are still well aware of its success.

However, given recent political tensions between Japan and Korea, and a general mutual loathing between the internet communities of both countries, Japan’s reaction to the Korean superstar’s rise to fame has been more cynical than congratulatory.

Normally, Korea wouldn’t care; after all, they’re the ones who produced the most popular video in the history of the internet. But when the Korean media discovered a Japanese manga that parodies PSY as a member of a Korean gang that abducts, tortures, and eventually rapes a group of Japanese high school girls, the internet masses erupted in fury.

The manga is titled Samuge-sō no Kimchi na Kanojo and is an erotic dōjinshi (self-published fan comic) based on the light novel and anime series Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo.

While the release date isn’t until December 31, a single page uploaded to the internet as a preview shows a chubby Korean man in sunglasses and a suit and bow tie yelling “Gangnam Style!” as he delivers a swift knee to the gut of the male protagonist of the anime series, Sorata Kanda.

The comic is meant to parody a controversy that occurred last month when, during a scene in the 6th episode of the anime, Sorata cooks and serves a bowl of samgyetang, a traditional Korean soup consisting of a whole young chicken.

(IMG:[sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com] http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/img_88993_31529678_1.jpg?w=580&h=326)

The scene sent many viewers into an outrage as the dish prepared by Sorata in the original light novel was okayu, or Japanese rice porridge. This infidelity was apparently so unacceptable to fans that when the DVD and Blu-ray went up for sale on Amazon, hundreds of people left 1-star reviews laced with anti-Korean comments.

In the parody comic, it’s not the Japanese but the Koreans who are enraged by the “samgyetang incident”, and a group of Korean men kidnap the three main female characters and punish them by force-feeding them kimchi and other traditional Korean food before raping them.

While Koreans vehemently criticized the comic, Japanese netizens were surprised to hear that it had become such a big deal overseas as virtually no one had even heard of it before.

Thousands of erotic dōujinshi are published every year, many of which cast popular characters—both fictional and real—in lewd and sometimes offensive situations. It’s unlikely that the artist meant to insult PSY in particular—if anything, they seem to be taking a pot shot at Japanese viewers who fussed over such a trivial detail in the first place.

Still, portraying one of the biggest names of 2012 as a rapist probably isn’t the most tactful approach to satire.

(IMG:[sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com] http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/a390affa-s.jpg?w=580&h=850)

[en.rocketnews24.com] http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/12/27/psy-...oreans-enraged/

Someone please upload this doujin in e-hentai NOW!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Dec 28 2012, 12:16
Post #2
Johnny Silverhand

"Wake the fuck up, Samurai! We have a city to burn"
Group: Gold Star Club
Level 345 (Godslayer)

Wow im surprised no one replied meh I've seen worst like in a spin off of gurren lagann yoko's belly button the anti spiral erased the existence of breast because it generated spiral energy.
(IMG:[c.mhcdn.net] http://c.mhcdn.net/store/manga/5766/01-002.0/compressed/cttgl_yoko_s_belly_button_version_chapter_2_page_003.jpg?v=11240606742)
(IMG:[c.mhcdn.net] http://c.mhcdn.net/store/manga/5766/01-002.0/compressed/cttgl_yoko_s_belly_button_version_chapter_2_page_006.jpg?v=11240606742)

This post has been edited by Yuffie Kisaragi: Dec 28 2012, 12:18
+Quote Post

post Dec 31 2012, 23:01
Post #3
tentacle-man61

Achievement Unlocked: CATS! CATS! CATS!
Level 255 (Godslayer)

That asshole deserves the negative attention for what it did, and the fact that it thought it would never surface. Fucking scumbag deserves to get headshotted for his scumbaggotry. I don't care if he issued a non-apology apology of "I vewy sowwy fow what say, I fewt vewy stwongwy about Iwag waw"; it doesn't excuse his openly extremist chants of
싸이 rap : 이라크 포로를 고문해 댄 씨발양년놈들과
고문 하라고 시킨 개 씨발 양년놈들에
딸래미 애미 며느리 애비 코쟁이 모두 죽여
아주 천천히 죽여 고통스럽게 죽여

Translation:
Kill those fucking Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives
Kill those fucking Yankees who ordered them to torture
Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers
Kill them all slowly and painfully

which is inciting violence against innocent civilians who had nothing to do with the war (and South Korea had nothing to do with Iraq, so they have no right to say anything). Secondly, he claims that he was pissed at the Americans for running over some dumb-ass bitches who decided it would be a good idea to jump in front of the military convoy, when he should actually be pissed off at its own South Korean government, which begs us to stay there, because even with all of their grandstanding to their own people of "We can defeat the North Koreans!", they know that they would lose. Badly.
Personally, I think we should get the hell out of South Korea, since it's clear that the majority of their citizens are ungrateful for the sacrifices we've made for them, and thus misguidedly hate us (when most Americans are dumb enough to think they are "friendly"). It's time for the games to end, and for South Korea to be absorbed by the glorious North. The only tears I'd shed are for all of those American soldiers who wasted their lives by going to defend a bunch of ungrateful, arrogant, xenophobic assholes. We should have just let it happen. I never wanted to hated any group of people, but the South Koreans have made me an offer I can't refuse. Maybe they'll learn what it's like to be honest, decent folk once those tanks roll over the truce-line, and into their cities. It is then that I will laugh, when they realize too late just how good they had it when the United States protected them, gave them technology (because they didn't invent any of the shit they use). I will have no pity for a most pathetic group of people.

This post has been edited by tentacle-man61: Dec 31 2012, 23:01
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 01:15
Post #4
Necromusume

Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

The artist's blog with the less censored cover and several interior pages:
[ctheory.blog65.fc2.com] http://ctheory.blog65.fc2.com/blog-entry-39.html

Pixiv: [www.pixiv.net] http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=433229
Twitter: [twitter.com] https://twitter.com/neetkey
Their other HP: [giri2.dip.jp] http://giri2.dip.jp/

Especially since it's available mail-order, the full doujin will be up eventually.

This post has been edited by mechafujoshi: Jan 2 2013, 01:26
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 02:38
Post #5
Gakre

Casual Poster
Level 204 (Godslayer)

Is there any popular character (real or not) who hasn't been turned into a violent rapist in some fan-made/inspired anything?
I guess the entire world should be in constant rage.
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 04:52
Post #6
FourThirteen

An unfortunate lunatic
Level 291 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Gakre @ Jan 1 2013, 19:38) *
Is there any popular character (real or not) who hasn't been turned into a violent rapist in some fan-made/inspired anything?
You mean it's not already?
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 05:17
Post #7
Gakre

Casual Poster
Level 204 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(FourThirteen @ Jan 2 2013, 03:52) *

You mean it's not already?

There's probably a minority of us who are not currently raging. We're a big 'nough group to not be considered insignificant, but I suspect we're still easily overlooked for some reason.
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 13:22
Post #8
Mags_

Reclaimer of my name
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

I am yet to see Spongebob, or Dora the Explorer as a violent rapist.

Go on internets....SURPRISE ME!!!
+Quote Post

post Jan 2 2013, 13:47
Post #9
ESeion

Infected with the mal syndrome >:C
Level 185 (Destined)

Considering how much Japan and Korea hate eachother I'm not surprised.

In fact, I remember some Korean fanatist beated to death some pheasants, which are Japan's national bird, in front of the Japanese embassy. Ironically enough the pheasant is the national bird of South Korea as well. Much lulz ensued.

But that's just one of the many South Korea vs Japan episodes.
+Quote Post

post Jan 4 2013, 05:40
Post #10
Necromusume

Group: Catgirl Camarilla
Level 500 (Ponyslayer)

QUOTE(rainbowmagnum @ Jan 2 2013, 11:22) *

I am yet to see Spongebob, or Dora the Explorer as a violent rapist.
Go on internets....SURPRISE ME!!!

[creepypasta.wikia.com] http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/SpONgEBo...ongebob_Episode
+Quote Post

post Jan 6 2013, 04:45
Post #11
evilpedo

Newcomer
Level 190 (Destined)

The amount of butt-hurt emanating from South Korea is smelly poopoo.
+Quote Post

post Jan 6 2013, 05:33
Post #12
Volaverunt

Not the best guy around here.
Level 282 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(Gakre @ Jan 1 2013, 19:38) *

Bob Sapp.
Well most people here might guess what manga I'm refering to.
+Quote Post

post Jan 6 2013, 17:49
Post #13
hikari_luv_shirayuki

AKU ADA KOTE
Level 355 (Godslayer)

nationalist bickering. it never ends
+Quote Post

post Jan 6 2013, 18:10
Post #14
geass3929

Casual Poster
Level 272 (Godslayer)

nationalist bickering. it never ends +1
+Quote Post

post Jan 7 2013, 06:31
Post #15
MikukoAya

The Devouring Chaos
Level 384 (Godslayer)

QUOTE(mechafujoshi @ Jan 3 2013, 19:40) *

I laughed. I really did laugh. I have to now show this to all my friends that love spongebob.

Honestly, if your favorite character doesn't get turned into <censored>bear or a serial r<censored> or some homicidal maniac (generally if male) or doesn't turn into some sort of r<censored> victim or some completely yandere psycho (generally if female), then your favorite character probably isn't loved enough.

That being said... It really feels like it has become the norm rather than the extreme.
+Quote Post

post Jan 7 2013, 08:13
Post #16
Pillowgirl

Grammatically Incorrect (☞゚∀゚)☞
Level 484 (Godslayer)

"I vewy sowwy fow what say, I fewt vewy stwongwy about Iwag waw"

I like your mockery (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Also that Spongebob crap is just another version of the lost Mickey Mouse tape in black & white.
+Quote Post

post Jan 7 2013, 08:56
Post #17
Evil Scorpio

● Public Enemy ●
Level 444 (Godslayer)

Pfft, all this shit is just laughable. "Oh, this dish of ours is not like that!", "oh, our youtube icon was turned into a rapist!". What a bunch of sissies. If Russians would freak out every time somebody shows our traditions and life wrong or shows us as bad guys in movies/cartoons/anime/books/etc - it'd be a permanent butthurt. But we don't give a shit. Maybe they should too.
+Quote Post

post Jan 7 2013, 13:26
Post #18
ESeion

Infected with the mal syndrome >:C
Level 185 (Destined)

QUOTE(hikari_luv_shirayuki @ Jan 6 2013, 16:49) *

nationalist bickering. it never ends

QUOTE(geass3929 @ Jan 6 2013, 17:10) *

nationalist bickering. it never ends +1

+2

QUOTE(Evil Scorpio @ Jan 7 2013, 07:56) *

Pfft, all this shit is just laughable. "Oh, this dish of ours is not like that!", "oh, our youtube icon was turned into a rapist!". What a bunch of sissies. If Russians would freak out every time somebody shows our traditions and life wrong or shows us as bad guys in movies/cartoons/anime/books/etc - it'd be a permanent butthurt. But we don't give a shit. Maybe they should too.

Not only the russians, and not only the korean and the japanese. Now you're my favourite public enemy.
+Quote Post

post Jan 8 2013, 06:18
Post #19
N04h

N04h_the_sheep
Level 183 (Lord)

I notice korean translations are rated low compared to others.

Do koreans hate japanese so much as to come here and rate them down?
+Quote Post

post Jan 8 2013, 13:47
Post #20
ranfan

Why So Serious?
Level 28 (Apprentice)

LMFAO, only in japan. Seems legit.

My goodness (IMG:[invalid] style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 21:49